• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Shed_a_Ninja said:
I am looking for it right now.

EDIT: Here it is-

"As you rise through the ranks, you earn Intuition points, which can be cashed in to eliminate one wrong question-tone (or reveal the location of all the clues at a location)."

"Luckily, LA Noire is pretty forgiving, so if your body language-assessment skills aren't up to CSI standards, you should still get the right result in the end, although you risk a chewing-out from your boss for shoddy police work, which is genuinely mortifying"

Your link doesn't work.

XiaNaphryz said:
I don't see anything at that link other than:

Removed: Embargoed game review

guardian.co.uk, Friday 13 May 2011 15.35 BST

A story and comments relating to a game review have been taken down as we inadvertently breached an embargo by publishing the article. All will be restored when the story is out of embargo.

vehn said:
yeah because a game review that breaks the embargo is the same as a Rockstar article...

Whoops, I searched for search terms rather than actually reading.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
vehn said:
yeah because a game review that breaks the embargo is the same as a Rockstar article...
Maybe the reviewer was quoting a Rockstar employee. But since there's no review up to look at, we don't know for sure!

hlhbk

Can anyone with the PS3 version confirm that comparison pic is fake? People laughed when the comparison pics came out for Ghostbusters saying they ere fake when they weren't. We need confirmation the game looks as good on the ps3 if not better than the 360 version before tuesday!

hlhbk said:
Can anyone with the PS3 version confirm that comparison pic is fake? People laughed when the comparison pics came out for Ghostbusters saying they ere fake when they weren't. We need confirmation the game looks as good on the ps3 if not better than the 360 version before tuesday!

We only have the word of the mods to go by right now, and Amir0x has stated that it is fake.

totowhoa

Banned
hlhbk said:

I don't have the PS3 or 360 version, but I can confirm that's not a real comparison :p That's the same photo, photoshopped, with an added alert for the 360 version. The two versions will have some slight variances as most games do, certainly, but that stupid link is obviously not serious.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
hlhbk said:

Well shit. I just took this pic from the official gameplay trailer.

I5HAo.png

That is from the official site.

s7crx.jpg

It looks almost like the fake one.

Qs7VS.png

totowhoa

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Looks like 360 version has self-shadowing while ps3 one doesnt.

Shit i might cancel my preorder and just wait for comparisons.

That'd be disappointing :/ The pic in the original comparison link was obviously a shit altered pic, particularly compared to the one that Sn4ke pulled. I'm interested in seeing some straight comparisons as well

CyReN said:
Not to start a console war or anything but hasn't Rockstar had a better track history with 360 games? Yea I know it was made for PS3 first but that was awhile back.

'Far as I know that's true, but I skipped GTA4 and and RDR (though I'm still intending to pick up eventually...). This will be my first Rockstar game in a bit, so I haven't followed closely enough, myself.

CyReN

Not to start a console war or anything but hasn't Rockstar had a better track history with 360 games? Yea I know it was made for PS3 first but that was awhile back.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What i'd find most disappointing if the 360 ends up having an edge here is that all this 'ps3 as lead' stuff can basically be confirmed to be a very subtle marketing ploy. I mean the devs know better than anyone which version is doing more technically. So having them constantly say and even show ps3 only footage would only lead me to believe Sony has money-hatted them to actually force them to only show ps3 footage.

LProtag

That original comparison picture has some artifacts and stuff, honestly, it looks like someone took it from a youtube video.

CyReN said:

Team Bondi

Team Bondi

Team Bondi

Team Bondi

Team Bondi

hlhbk

Square Triangle said:
That fact that people are still thinking Rockstar made L.A. Noire and that it's running on the RAGE engine is really pissing me off.

I know Rockstar is just the publisher. That being said historically multi console releases are normally technically better on 360. I am getting LA N for PS3 so I don't have to swap disks, but if it isn't the best version graphically I will cancel my PS3 preorder.

hlhbk said:
I know Rockstar is just the publisher. That being said historically multi console releases are normally technically better on 360.

Final Fantasy XIII and L.A. Noire have too much in common that makes your assumption wrong.

hlhbk

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Final Fantasy XIII and L.A. Noire have too much in common that makes your assumption wrong.

Yeah well GTA IV, RDR, Mass Effect 2, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, and many others prove my point.

Einbroch

Banned
Uh. The first time we missed half our interrogation promps and missed 30% of the clues. This time we just did everything perfectly and still got yelled at by our boss. And the perp ended up being the same person even though we did everything perfectly and even interrogated someone we didn't even talk to last time we did it.

Seriously, TEAM BONDIDDIDIDDI? Sadface. :(

Amir0x

Banned
hlhbk said:
Yeah well GTA IV, RDR, Mass Effect 2, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, and many others prove my point.

right but they share nothing in common with FFXIII and L.A. Noire.

FFXIII and L.A. Noire were both developed with PS3 as the lead platform for months and years before being shuttled over the 360.

The PS3 version will not look worse than the 360 version.

Einbroch said:
Seriously, R*? Sadface. :(

TEAM BONDI

Einbroch said:
Uh. The first time we missed half our interrogation promps and missed 30% of the clues. This time we just did everything perfectly and still got yelled at by our boss. And the perp ended up being the same person even though we did everything perfectly and even interrogated someone we didn't even talk to last time we did it.

Seriously, R*? Sadface. :(

Team Bondi*

Gacha-pin

~Kinggi~ said:
There is a pic in there with campaign stats, like collectibles and stuff

story missions 1/21
Street Crimes 0/40
Landmarks 0/30
Film Reels 0/50
Vehicle types 1/95
Newspapers 1/13

I read that there were
cases on gamespot review. Where do the rest 4 cases go, including pre-order bonus cases and PS3 exclusive one?

Square Triangle said:
That fact that people are still thinking Rockstar made L.A. Noire and that it's running on the RAGE engine is really pissing me off.

Rockstar did an amazing job marketing and tricking people into trusting a name they know.

zlatko

Banned
Kintaco said:
PzbJy.png

I took this off the PS3 unboxing video. It looks like R2 is used for shooting.

Can you change the control layout? This actually could make me go for 360 version instead of PS3, because I simply cannot stand having R2 as shoot.

hlhbk

Square Triangle said:
Just stop.

Just stop what? Dude I have all the consoles and couldn't care less what system I play a game on as long as I get the best experience possible. I am just posting facts.

To the person that asked yes Oblivion was significantly better technically on 360.

hlhbk

XiaNaphryz said:
Do all those games you cited have the PS3 as the lead platform like FFXIII and LA Noire? :p

LA Noire was the lead years ago because it was supposed to be a ps3 exclusive. Who knows what happened after it became a multi console game?

EagleEyes

Square Triangle said:
Why would you let small stuff like that bother you to the point it pisses you off?

Amir0x

Banned
hlhbk said:
Just stop what? Dude I have all the consoles and couldn't care less what system I play a game on as long as I get the best experience possible. I am just posting facts.

To the person that asked yes Oblivion was significantly better technically on 360.

The FACTS are they do not share similarities. Please read so you don't embarrass yourself.

The reason FFXIII and L.A. Noire are similar is because they were both developed for PS3 for years before being ported over to 360 later.

That is not the case for the other games you listed. They lead platform on 360 and got ported to PS3 after the fact, which most developers near unanimously agree is a bad idea.

hlhbk said:

No one is saying that doing the usual "lets post a list" was wrong. But as it was said- this game falls in the same situation as FF13. If youre that worried, just get the 360 version and carry on. Making a list does nothing, especially when it doesnt help prove your point.

Oblivion looked better on the PS3, just ran like shit. The Bethesda usual

Tendo

I switched to 360... I've been burned too many times on PS3 as lead marketing speak and I like what I've seen of the 360 version so far. Not risking it.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I thought Oblivion ran and looked better on the PS3. Also, Oblivion was released much later on the PS3 than on the 360.

oh wait what does this have to do with LA Noire?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys should stop worrying about which console to get it on. PS3 is lead sku; you should get it on there if that's what you want to play. The most famous case of a bad looking version on 360 is Final Fantasy and keep in mind.

that is a VERY Japanese developer
the only major problem was in cutscenes
LA Noire hasn't been exclusive on PS3 in a long, long time.

Also GAF, why are you ignoring Rockstar's involvement in this game? I'm sure someone working there really appreciates you saying 'NUH UH ITS ALL TEAM BONDI'

LProtag

Honestly with most of these comparison things... I can't even tell the difference that much when I'm actually playing the game.

Then again, I only have a PS3 so, it's obvious what system I'm getting it for.

Top Bottom