• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
I <3 good medics so much. When I play heavy and have an awesome medic, it's usually me + the medic at the top two of the team. Can't wait to play all the time when this semester is over.

Javaman

1-D_FTW said:
In the early days, I could play engineer and place a turret in a really stupid position and still get some good kills out of it. Today, those things will be destroyed almost immediately.

Yeah. It's taken me a while to get up to speed as an engineer. It's very important to build close enough to the front line to help out your team while staying far enough back to prevent all your stuff from being blown up right away. You want to have a hard defense to slow the enemy down in order to give your allies time to regroup. Once you start optimizing build order, maximum range and covering multiple pathways while minimizing turret turn and exposure things get even more complicated. The hardest thing I've had to face was keeping teleporters relevant whenever the spawn points change. For instance in Well once you capture the 3rd point (middle) the best place for the tele entrance is right in front of the cap 2 spawn. Once the 4th point is captured the spawn entrance should be moved up to the cap 3 spawn.. The problem is though that if they recap the 4th cap your guys have to still run a ways to get to the tele. I find myself constanting trying to predict the momentum across the map in order to keep things built in an area that they will be useful. It's almost like a strategy game in some cases. The big mistake I keep making is getting to far into the firefight. I can't count the number of times I've been capped right before a enemy spy has a fieldday on my stuff with sappers.

1-D_FTW

While I found it mildly amusing to enter into Dustbowl and have two level three sentries at the starting grid (against only 1 player when I joined), my enjoyment quickly eroded. It was fun to win that map, however. Despite Javaman and Xizk questionable ethics, victory was had:)

But when it kept getting stacked for one team, it's just not fun when you're stuck on the other.

I don't know how the hell Icy kept getting all those spy kills. My spy meter must have been broken, cause I usually have a super sensitive sixth sense for them.

Screw it, I'm back to join.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
While I found it mildly amusing to enter into Dustbowl and have two level three sentries at the starting grid (against only 1 player when I joined), my enjoyment quickly eroded. It was fun to win that map, however. Despite Javaman and Xizk questionable ethics, victory was had:)

But when it kept getting stacked for one team, it's just not fun when you're stuck on the other.

I don't know how the hell Icy kept getting all those spy kills. My spy meter must have been broken, cause I usually have a super sensitive sixth sense for them.

My spy skills are uber.

Javaman

1-D_FTW said:

Not really questionable. Things can't really be balanced with 3 players on the server. I asked your teammate twice before you joined to let us know if he wanted to switch things up.

1-D_FTW

Man, that little brigade from the [al] clan was tough. They'd come raining down on your head as a roving gang of jackal soldiers. The fact we had 4 cps in the final match was a victory in my book. After getting slaughtered the first three matches.

And then Warcock ****ing joins their team at the very end. As if they needed him. Come on, dude, have some GAF pride.

Javaman said:
Not really questionable. Things can't really be balanced with 3 players on the server. I asked your teammate twice before you joined to let us know if he wanted to switch things up.

I was just kidding around. It did make it fun to overcome though.

Firestorm

Yeah you cock, you see GAFfers you join the team with GAFfers >=(

As an Engineer, I always try to be too offensive with my buildings. High risk is bad :(

Sullen

Just picked this up yesterday, played for maybe an hour so far. I'll be trying the GAF server now, but I'll probably suck for awhile still.

Icy

Banned
Sullen said:
Just picked this up yesterday, played for maybe an hour so far. I'll be trying the GAF server now, but I'll probably suck for awhile still.

Its ok. Bring lots of anal cream.

Sullen

I did decent for my first serious play at the game I think. Had some fun playing heavy with like 2 medics on me at one of the choke points on the castle map. :lol

1-D_FTW

Icy said:
Stats are partially back online. :D

Must have went back online just after I quit. That explains the [al] gang not dominating the top.

How exactly do the points work? Does the stat administrator get a well earned 1000 point bonus? Or are you doing something that really rewards points. Cause I'm confused why you're number one.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Must have went back online just after I quit. That explains the [al] gang not dominating the top.

How exactly do the points work? Does the stat administrator get a well earned 1000 point bonus? Or are you doing something that really rewards points. Cause I'm confused why you're number one.

I was testing something :)

Javaman

Hmmm, Something doesn't seem right about this one...

"Spy Power Javaman (17 objects sapped as spy) "

That should belong to someone else, possibly Firestorm.

1-D_FTW said:

I hate that, if that happens to you again send me a message, if im near ill pop in as back-up.

1-D_FTW

If anyone was playing while I sent a couple annoyed messages, sorry. But this medic was driving me nuts with his stupid play.

And had a huge laugh when later in the game, somebody on the mic told him to "Quit healing the fucking spy, medic." My frustration was vindicated.

Was having fun, but I hit that wall where you just start sucking. I went a good 10-15 minutes where I was useless, so I'm quiting for a while. I wasn't even leading my rockets half the time, I was just mesmerized by the pretty dots on my monitor.

PillowKnight said:
I hate that, if that happens to you again send me a message, if im near ill pop in as back-up.

Will do:)

1-D_FTW

Just looking at the stats. Man, they can lie. I've got 8-1 k/d against Storyteller. But his one kill single-handedly won them the match of Gravel Pit.

There was under 2 minutes left and I rocket jumped onto the CP at C. Was injured from fighting a couple guys, but I had the point a fraction away from being captured when The Storyteller finished me off with a couple needles. Was able to splash damage him off the platform, but not before dying. And that was it. We were never able to remount an attack.

EDIT: Now if said medic from above post had healed me like I pleaded, I wouldn't have been at the top of C with so little health. But I guess he was glued to his demoman.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I havent played on the gaf server in a long long time. Been too busy killing noobs on local servers. Will have to come back though and see how i handle the lag again after such a long time of not playing. Should be a hoot.

Firestorm

I had this amazing Gravelpit run a while ago. Our team captured B while in overtime the entire time. Got to C, we started capturing just as it hit overtime again but died right at the end and couldn't recover =(

1-D_FTW

The last match was kinda jank. I'm shooting with my rocket launcher and suddenly it switches into the shotgun. Quick death. And I'm auto-balanced to the other side.

I'm 99 percent sure I wasn't out of ammo either. Game just decided it was time for me to die and switch me over:( I thought it was some funky lag until I realized I wasn't on team gaf anymore.

Javaman

Dustbowl Cap-point set two cap two. The road to final cappage, now with "Spy[]Blocker 2000(tm)"

6pzfle1.jpg

JoeFu said:
I just killed 9 people in one life as a medic. That was so awesome.

Great round on 2fort. I was laughing my ass off more then once. I liked the bit where you asked for someone to heal and seconds later saw you healing an enemy spy in the doorway shortly before attacking him. :lol :lol

JoeFu

Banned
That was the most fun I've had as a medic. We had like 3 engies and 2 spys and only 2 or 3 guys on offense, so I just wondered around trying to find somebody to heal while killing people with my bonesaw.

Firestorm

Our team... I don't even know what was going on. I just remember being Soldier for the most part being on defense. Then after we lost, I went Spy and so did Doom_Bringer. I scored with intel without firing a single shot, then Doom_Bringer got it just as I scored and he did it. I was positioned once he scored and did it again. It was amazing

I love spy on 2fort :lol

And I'm telling you, no fair I was at 10 hp on the last bonesaw kill you got :( And Javaman with his random teleporter... Two of our teammates were actually standing right by it not doing anything o.o

Xizk

Been playing a lot of scout lately. Love sneaking behind enemies so that my scattergun almost touches them. Then I pump them full of lead and they usually don't have enough time to react before they're dead.

Another fun thing to do is waiting for rushing pyros to just barely
touch me with their flames and then shoot them, because the scatter gun is deadly at point blank range and I often win those encounters.

1-D_FTW said:
Just looking at the stats. Man, they can lie. I've got 8-1 k/d against Storyteller. But his one kill single-handedly won them the match of Gravel Pit.

There was under 2 minutes left and I rocket jumped onto the CP at C. Was injured from fighting a couple guys, but I had the point a fraction away from being captured when The Storyteller finished me off with a couple needles. Was able to splash damage him off the platform, but not before dying. And that was it. We were never able to remount an attack.

Yes, this amused me. Your rocket propelled me off the tower right next to our respawn area, I grabbed some health seconds after. I've become quite proficient with the syringe gun (oh man I used to suck). I've had to because a lot of people are to busy trying to kill the other team without taking any notice that one of our points is being capped.

Firestorm

The Storyteller said:
Yes this amused me. Your rocket propelled me off the tower right next to our respawn area, I grabbed some health seconds after. I've become quite proficient with the syringe gun (oh man I used to suck). I've had to because a lot of people are to busy trying to kill the other team without taking any notice that one of ours points are being capped.

Or that there is someone behind me and there is a reason I am telling them "BEHIND US" on the mic.

Talamius

Javaman said:
Dustbowl Cap-point set two cap two. The road to final cappage, now with "Spy[]Blocker 2000(tm)"

image snip

Great round on 2fort. I was laughing my ass off more then once. I liked the bit where you asked for someone to heal and seconds later saw you healing an enemy spy in the doorway shortly before attacking him. :lol :lol

:lol at that pic. Everytime I'd turn that corner I'd run into MikeyB and lose every damn time. He'd always end up with about 10% health too.

sharkie

Had some really fun games lately on the server, I've been off the game for the while and still feel a bit off but I'm slowly getting back into my rhythm, and I still can't forget one hilarious moment the other night when one of our team mates started praising Jesus over and over again after I took out a soldier that had at least half a second to cap our last point, I'll never forget that desperate sound of relief in his voice :lol

p.s ME = TruLoki so add me if you're a regular neogaf TF2 player

JoeFu

Banned
sharkie said:
Had some really fun games lately on the server, I've been off the game for the while and still feel a bit off but I'm slowly getting back into my rhythm, and I still can't forget one hilarious moment the other night when one of our team mates started praising Jesus over and over again after I took out a soldier that had at least half a second to cap our last point, I'll never forget that desperate sound of relief in his voice :lol

p.s ME = TruLoki so add me if you're a regular neogaf TF2 player

How come you changed your name? I was wondering why that guy sounded just like you.:lol

sharkie

JoeFu said:
How come you changed your name? I was wondering why that guy sounded just like you.:lol

Yeah my name during the beta was Sharkie (for gafs sake) but I've been TruLoki ever since TF2 officially released, its mainly for my friends and colleagues sake so they find me easily, I've had that name for so long and its been unique to me for years (although my brother was playing on the gaf server once and told me that someone was in there with my name :lol ) so if you ever see a TruLoki in any game its most likely me.

sharkie

Icy said:
For free entertainment, get Truloki and Warcock on the same team. And listen to the VoIP hilarities ensue!

ooh yeah that reminds me get a bloody mic Icy, we don't mind if you sound like a six year old pubescent boy, as long as we can hear your whinging in real time :p

Also me and the cock were having a bit of fun the other night on Voip and I got switched to the non-gaf side I can tell you right now I was not happy :'(

sharkie

JoeFu said:
Javaman needs a mic badly.

I know, no gaffer should really be without one, I mean there is no need for a fancy logitech cock 3000 just get a nice cheap reliable table top mic and use seperate head phones and you're set, I got my mic for 2 pounds (4 dollars) three years ago and it still works great to this day.

1-D_FTW

I'm hoping things keep up and I start playing more regularly too. The last couple weeks have been pretty sparse and my skills have suffered.

Had a couple really good runs, but also had some stinker runs. When I was playing everyday my k/d ration was at least twice what it's been this weekend (although spending the majority of the time against a really good team doesn't help either.)

Also blew a decent number of ubers. There's just something magical and instinctual when you're in the groove. I need to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom