• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
So what are the current custom maps on the server Icy?

any good, godlike, or I like. None are in rotation. But they do show up randomly in map votes. Newest has been warpath final.

Rock2 this weekend.. maybe. Depends.. on how much Hitokage leaves me alone.

Waku

So is there anyway to turn off all the "Y gets XX Point for killing Z" Messages? It's annoying enough on other Servers and nobody answers everytime i ask.

Javaman

No luck with the Playstation 2 mic. I was hoping I could get the sound to come through the desktop speakers while using the mic to talk, but it's only limited to outputting to the one earphone. I'm sure I've got something else floating around somewhere. BTW, great game on Granary last night everyone! We were getting steamrolled for the first couple of rounds before coming together for some sweet revenge towards the end.

Icy

Banned
Javaman said:
No luck with the Playstation 2 mic. I was hoping I could get the sound to come through the desktop speakers while using the mic to talk, but it's only limited to outputting to the one earphone. I'm sure I've got something else floating around somewhere. BTW, great game on Granary last night everyone! We were getting steamrolled for the first couple of rounds before coming together for some sweet revenge towards the end.

I still NEVER got your mailing address. Icy is not pleased.

Javaman

Icy said:
I still NEVER got your mailing address. Icy is not pleased.

Ain't gonna happen. I'm not running a charity here. :lol

I've been getting weird pings to/through the Steam servers lately. From the command prompt ping command I'm getting an average of 77ms but in game it's been ramped up to over 600. It's the same thing with most of the other servers online too, but a couple still come through below the 150ms filter I set in Steam. Nothing that I know of has changed with my configuration and I've rebooted the router, DSL modem and my computer with no luck. Are any of you getting high pings?

Edit:This sucks. It looks like all servers in the list now are showing up as +500ms. Pinging them outside Steam shows a decent ping time. I've tried the "ham-fisted" way of setting the router DMZ to my computer but I've still got the same result. DOH.

Xizk

I get higher pings on servers too. Fortunately it's mostly other servers than the neogaf server that has been affected for me. And I get severe fps drops with the latest update(s).

Icy did you enter me in for a reserved slot? It still tells me it's full and cant' connect. I never tried it until now because I felt bad about getting someone kicked.

Xizk

Confidence Man said:
Icy did you enter me in for a reserved slot? It still tells me it's full and cant' connect. I never tried it until now because I felt bad about getting someone kicked.

Yeah I get that too

Icy

Banned
I don't think you guys get how reserved slots work.

There's no way to know who's connecting if they're reserved or not.
It'll keep the 24th slot open until all other 23 have reserved slot holders.

Now if they are not, the 24th slot is allowed for a person to connect. If a person gets on and once their steam ID is auth'd and sent to the server, the server checks it against a list and
if good, keeps them and boots a non reserved player. If not, it'll kick him and let the next person que'd up in. That 24th slot is constantly a revolving door and there are always people with the auto join. Being reserved doesn't gurantee you'll be able to connect.

Next time goto the 2nd server and start getting games going there. :D

Javaman

It pings ok outside,
8e74kue.jpg

But ingame...
81k4vwo.jpg

TFC and I would imagine all of the other Steam games are doing the same thing.
87b79u8.jpg

:eek:P

My only guess is that the routing is different when connecting to a server through steam, and it's sending me through someone else's hosed up link. I've been reading through the Steam support forum but no luck yet.

Xizk

Icy said:
I don't think you guys get how reserved slots work.

There's no way to know who's connecting if they're reserved or not.
It'll keep the 24th slot open until all other 23 have reserved slot holders.

Now if they are not, the 24th slot is allowed for a person to connect. If a person gets on and once their steam ID is auth'd and sent to the server, the server checks it against a list and
if good, keeps them and boots a non reserved player. If not, it'll kick him and let the next person que'd up in. That 24th slot is constantly a revolving door and there are always people with the auto join. Being reserved doesn't gurantee you'll be able to connect.

Next time goto the 2nd server and start getting games going there. :D

But is it supposed to boot me while I'm playing if I have a reserved slot? Because exactly that happened yesterday.

Icy

Banned
Xizk said:
But is it supposed to boot me while I'm playing if I have a reserved slot? Because exactly that happened yesterday.

I haven't added any of the new requests as of 2 days ago :p

Icy

Banned
Javaman said:
It pings ok outside,
8e74kue.jpg

But ingame...
81k4vwo.jpg

TFC and I would imagine all of the other Steam games are doing the same thing.
87b79u8.jpg

:eek:P

My only guess is that the routing is different when connecting to a server through steam, and it's sending me through someone else's hosed up link. I've been reading through the Steam support forum but no luck yet.

check with your ISP about them blocking specific ports. As when you ping the server with the ping program you're pinging the default port on the IP which is the webserver. Not the TF2 server.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Icy said:
check with your ISP about them blocking specific ports. As when you ping the server with the ping program you're pinging the default port on the IP which is the webserver. Not the TF2 server.
No, those pings aren't even carried on TCP or UDP, but ICMP. :p

sharkie

Good game last night and for some reason it pinged at 160 to 200 last night for me so I needed to adjust my bearings as alot of shots that would normally hit missed (had to keep running back for some more ammo every three or four minutes).

I hopefully should have my mic fixed today, for some reason the pc muted my mic while I was ingame last night :S

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man, I gotta bring my soldier play back up to speed. That, or maybe I'm just not that good in hydro.

Oh, and it was kinda sad how many times TruLoki killed me with my bonesaw in his shoulder. :(

sharkie

Hitokage said:
Man, I gotta bring my soldier play back up to speed. That, or maybe I'm just not that good in hydro.

Oh, and it was kinda sad how many times TruLoki killed me with my bonesaw in his shoulder. :(

Yeah sorry about that :p you were a magnet to my bullets last night every corner I turned you were directly in my line of fire with a buddy to boot.

p.s big respect to Richard's Fun for having my back with his great medic work last night.

Icy

Banned
Hitokage said:

wow. yooou suck.

Icy

Banned
the surge of new titles for PC and Console is over and everything is either done or bored with those games.. so back to TF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeFu

Banned
Well I did beat SMG today, but I'm only halfway to getting all the stars.

I'm going to take a nap now, when I wake up I'm going to play TF2.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The Storyteller said:
SMG was released in Australia yesterday. So no TF2 for me for the next week.

:lol

Did the latest update cause the games fps to suck even more? I am getting the crappy fps drops again, unless its just my pc dying for a reboot.

I can't stand playing 2Fort anymore, and the people on the GAF server sucked, so I tried out the SA Goon server. They're quite good players!

Firestorm

I actually don't mind 2fort now. Hydro is my new least favourite map.

Dustbowl > 2fort > Gravelpit > Granary > Well > Hydro

I dunno why, but 2fort went from my least favourite to a map I actually enjoy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Firestorm said:
I actually don't mind 2fort now. Hydro is my new least favourite map.

Dustbowl > 2fort > Gravelpit > Granary > Well > Hydro

I dunno why, but 2fort went from my least favourite to a map I actually enjoy.

WHAT?! your nuts, 2fort is a pos :lol . Someone needs a head check ;) . No matter what class i play or how hard i try 2fort just isnt the map for me. As soon as it comes up on a server i am on i tend to bail out. But i agree dustbowl is the best map :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom