• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Huh. Me and my apathy towards directions. Finally saw the z,x,c voice commands. I'm in love with the disappointed taunt. It's adorable.

Yay, we're getting new achievements, and the medic is first up. Wish they would just give us a date to look forward to instead of saying 'in the coming weeks'. Damn you Valve, and your annoying marketing tricks designed to get me all worked up! :lol

Icy

Banned
I'm updating the admin software right now. Reserve slots are off until people get attuned to checking both servers and playing on both. There's a total of 55 people on the reserve slot list + 4 admins.

1-D_FTW

When is Central being terminated? The Europeans don't want it. It's costs twice as much to run two. I'm assuming this is the vacated COD4 server and it's just running till it expires?

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
When is Central being terminated? The Europeans don't want it. It's costs twice as much to run two. I'm assuming this is the vacated COD4 server and it's just running till it expires?

Why would I care about the european players want in a US Server ? There's like < 5 that do play. The CoD4 server is completely seperate. Central isn't being terminated. Running a Euro Game Server costs almost as much as running 2 US servers. Unless there was a good 20+ euro players and they were all donating, then sure. But they aren't.

1-D_FTW

Puyo or RichardFun: I noticed you were playing on the protected server of Something Awful. I was wondering about that site. Do they have a healthy community of players? Do they have a clan there?

Icy said:
Why would I care about the european players want in a US Server ? There's like < 5 that do play. The CoD4 server is completely seperate. Central isn't being terminated. Running a Euro Game Server costs almost as much as running 2 US servers. Unless there was a good 20+ euro players and they were all donating, then sure. But they aren't.

I just thought because the one server was gonna be shut down from lack of funds, there would be no reason for us to go back to two.

I know I like to play on the east cause I'm not playing at 3 a.m. and when I'm playing, I do notice a number of Euros that I like playing with. Sorry I said anything.

Firestorm

What is with the timing in this game. Was playing on one of the -Q- servers and I got autobalanced after helping my team retain the intel in 2fort. I was an engineer and racked up 8 kills. Almost got my achievement :(

Then now, just as we were about to cap that final point on dustbowl :(

1-D_FTW

Hitokage said:
WORST MAP CHANGE EVER

*cries*

Yep. We deserved to have the victory after holding you guys off:)

Although it was gonna be 50/50. We killed half the wave and it was gonna be a rocket shootout with the rest.

2 seconds more and we would have known:(

Davidion

GoutPatrol said:
That sniper map just killed my ranking :lol :lol

I'm scream49b.

I remember you from last night, you were spying for a bit no? I think I've the stab wounds to remind me...

The CSE guys were good last night. On the topic of people who I will never be as good as, does anyone want to tell me why Joefu and Pillownknight won't stop hurting me? :(

sharkie said:
nope its TRULOKI :'(

Oh I remember you, for a while I kept wondering who the dude with the British accent was. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1-D: I had just smashed the sentry set up below the bridge and was walking up the stairs to back up the rush when it happened, so with only a demoman left defending I feel we would have finally punched it in that time. ;)

Haha, I think I got 40 destructions that match. As much as I've touted the ability of an engineer to reinforce his sentry to near invulnerability, I actually know the other side of the coin more. :D

1-D_FTW

I was still alive. I had taken some damage, but I was still kicking. But I wasn't it much shape for a good demo. Still would have been fun to see won it.

Xizk

Hitokage said:
1-D: I had just smashed the sentry set up below the bridge and was walking up the stairs to back up the rush when it happened, so with only a demoman left defending I feel we would have finally punched it in that time. ;)

Haha, I think I got 40 destructions that match. As much as I've touted the ability of an engineer to bolster his sentry, I actually know the other side of the coin more. :D

I liked the first time your team reached the cap and was about to cap when I blew them up. Then after that more enemies appeared and I blew them up too :D

I was also alive when the map changed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You were the demoman I referred to. :p

Anyway, it was hilarious how puyo and I just walked up the side to single-handedly capture the first point on dustbowl area 2, in spite of everyone out on defense, in spite of your sentries, and in spite of the stickybombs that covered the point itself. Messed up on the second time we tried that, but oh well. :lol

1-D_FTW

I had a ton of kills that map too. I was awful, but then after Puyo, Richard, Hikotage all switched teams, and I started racking up the kills.

They kept sending teams of ubers at the CP. I'd just wait up the stairs on the right for the ubers to wear off and then just bombard the CP like fish in a barrel. If they would have sent one person off into the side, it probably would have worked.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The problem was that you had multiple sentry installations along with 4-6 people out at any given time. There's only so much you can do in the time an uber gives you and I always chose to smash sentries. After a couple times I realized there was one to the side and later on I noticed one got placed below.

We could have been more coordinated and got a heavy to take care of everyone defending. I couldn't really tell, but I don't remember much of our team pushing with the ubers.

1-D_FTW

I know that's the soldiers job to get the sentries. But with the coordination of the ubers, I kept wondering why a non-uber soldier/demo didn't freelance in with them and veer off. That's almost as fun as getting the uber yourself.

EDIT: You had at least two (and I'm pretty sure 3) times where there was two ubered combos rushing down the bridge at the CP. And they'd be completely surrounded when their ubers were done.

Firestorm

I was still ubering a soldier when time went up :( puyo and Richardfun did the initial uber run. Then I did it right as their run ended.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, we had another wave ready to go that time, myself included. Xizk could have wiped out the first uber, but he can't kill the second hiding in respawn.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. That was probably the fourth time. Weren't you guys blinking though? That's why I was optimistic we could have held. I was off to the side and behind you guys.

EDIT: Puyo and Richard were dead. I'm talking the second wave. Unless there was a third.

Javaman

Hitokage said:
You were the demoman I referred to. :p

Anyway, it was hilarious how puyo and I just walked up the side to single-handedly capture the first point on dustbowl area 2, in spite of everyone out on defense, in spite of your sentries, and in spite of the stickybombs that covered the point itself. Messed up on the second time we tried that, but oh well. :lol

I pulled almost that same move a couple of weeks ago on the same map/area. I was the only one on offense and the defenders were a heavy/medi combo. I picked scout and waited patiently just around the corner of the far left exit. After about three or four minutes the group moved through the doors to check out the spawn point and I rushed out and capped the first and almost the second by the time they caught up. :lol

Firestorm

I think we were. That said, that was one helluva match. Well worth the time I should have been spending on my Java project. Let's do a GAF TF2 night again sometime soon seeing as everyone seems to be over the other games' hype and back to playing this again.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
We could debate this for years, but the fact remains the map changed during the critical moment so we'll never know. :(

Javaman: Puyo and I did this right out of the gate, capping in the first seconds. :D

firex

holy shit, I think I may have found my pyro groove again. I just finished defending a round on dustbowl against a pretty good team and I was an MVP with 45 points. it was stage 2, and for pretty much the whole map I was able to keep surprising them. They had waaaaay too many demos because I seriously racked up a ton of demo/spy kills, and had several points where I'd get behind them, charge in, kill 4-5 of their team and then I'd die.

JoeFu

Banned
Wow... that sucked.

The other team was amazing on gravelpit. Our team had like 3 engies on offense, which was retarded.

Icy

Banned
melee_ringking0000.png

melee_ringking0001.png

melee_ringking0002.png

melee_ringking0003.png

melee_ringking0004.png

melee_ringking0005.png

melee_ringking0006.png

Nice games last night indeed. Too bad about the mapchange, 'cause I really thought we were about to take it. Puyo and me were syncing our ubers so we could run in with two uber combo's at the same time. Kudo's to the defenders for fighting us off every time, I really thought it'd be a peace of cake to take it.

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
Can't wait for the new achievements btw, medic ones look fun from what they've shown so far.

TF2achievements.jpg

Hypocritical oath :lol

I believe the oath is for healing an enemy spy to 100% and then using a bonesaw to chop him down.

Icy said:
I believe the oath is for healing an enemy spy to 100% and then using a bonesaw to chop him down.

OOoh, that sounds challenging :)

I love that they're putting in more specific and specialized achievements. :D

1-D_FTW

Icy said:

Huh! I've accomplished that one. I've only logged about two hours, but I've done that one. Healed the guy up, my spy-dar was ringing off the hook, so I chased him down and clubbed him to death with my bonesaw. Very satisfying kill. Here he thought he'd made a fool of me, and when he starts running away, he's given the saw in the back.

EDIT: In full honesty, my radar was going off full strenth the 1st time I healed him. When he came back 30 seconds later and I foolishly healed him again, that's when I chased him down.

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
OOoh, that sounds challenging :)

I love that they're putting in more specific and specialized achievements. :D

Yeah and they're making them more challenging, the type that requires skill.

Doytch

TheOneGuy said:
Man, I really need to start playing again. Damn finals! D:

I hear ya man. Two and a half weeks til my last final. I'll wipe all the disgusting hardware design knowledge from my head with constant TF2. :lol

Icy

Banned
KimiSan said:
Any chance for a really early/late game now? (on east)

Move out of Israel. Your only hope at good pings, better playing time with NeoGAFFers and your own safety.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Icy said:
Move out of Israel. Your only hope at good pings, better playing time with NeoGAFFers and your own safety.
I can always play in servers around here, though I've noticed teams tend to consist of 90% scouts for some reason.
At any rate, until I move out to colder lands -- The morning sun has yet to vanquish the horrible night, Does anyone wish to play? Just notify me (kimigreen on steam) or get on East and I'll join you if you do.

Jacobi

Banned
KimiSan said:
I can always play in servers around here, though I've noticed teams tend to consist of 90% scouts for some reason.
At any rate, until I move out to colder lands -- The morning sun has yet to vanquish the horrible night, Does anyone wish to play? Just notify me (kimigreen on steam) or get on East and I'll join you if you do.
what time zone is israel?

My finger is getting itchy waiting for the new medic achievements :D I won't ever get the original 17 (don't play spy or engineer or sniper), but I will force myself to get the new ones.

btw, I have designated myself at the decoy for sticky bombed capture points. If we're making a big push to get the last point I gladly sacrifice myself to clear the bombs for somebody to cap. Just add to my collection of Kill Cams of a smiling demoman watching my body explode :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom