• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Richardfun said:
500, damn. What class did you have? And what kind of stuff? I sold my rogue with all blues en about 4 purple's from MC for only 50 Euro's.

It was a Rogue with full Bloodfang and daggers from MC. No real PvP rating, I never got into the faction grind.

Jacobi

Banned
come on people, if someone cant play for a few days, i dont think that this would be a big problem. i mean we're playing this tournament for fun, aren't we? so someone being replaced for a match won't be a biggie...

and get outta here with that wow crap :p

firex

looks like I should PM with the transaction stuff from my amazon donation a few weeks ago then! but it'll wait until I get back to my apartment tomorrow.

eh just to get into the wow discussion...lol i run wow bots to farm gold for me and i get pretty good amount of money from selling gold...used to make 4-5k a month, now i make about 2-3k USD a month...not bad for letting your computer run tho.

Javaman

jeremy70583 said:
eh just to get into the wow discussion...lol i run wow bots to farm gold for me and i get pretty good amount of money from selling gold...used to make 4-5k a month, now i make about 2-3k USD a month...not bad for letting your computer run tho.

How are you at running admin bots?

Firestorm

MrToughPants said:
Just got Orange box...STEAM FUCKING SUCKS. I have to download every game after buying the damn discs. :lol

No you don't? You should be able to install them from the discs and then tie it to your Steam account... I'm pretty sure that's what my friend did.

Icy

Banned
YYZ said:
How do I donate money and how much are you expecting? Is it a regular payment thing? I don't want this to feel like I'm subscribing to an MMO.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I AM THE NEXT ACTIBLIZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. One time donation is all.

rakka

MrToughPants said:
Just got Orange box...STEAM FUCKING SUCKS. I have to download every game after buying the damn discs. :lol
no, you can install them from disc.

sent a pm back to you icy

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
This is what I get when I pop in the discs.

Shouldn't it auto install instead of downloading the files off steam?

dyhyh.jpg

Icy

Banned
MrToughPants said:
This is what I get when I pop in the discs.

Shouldn't it auto install instead of downloading the files off steam?

dyhyh.jpg

.sim? Sounds like a mac format. Something isn't right.

Also: Everyone I may have a crit removal solution. will test this weekend.

Icy

Banned
Anyone wishing to make a donation via wire transfer or other method (no paypal). Please send me a PM for details. :D

I was careless tonight and died way too many times (batted to death by Xizk 100 times and a few dozen rockets to the face)

I used to fear heavies the most but now seeing a lone scout running at me scares me shitless :lol

Icy said:
.sim? Sounds like a mac format. Something isn't right.

Also: Everyone I may have a crit removal solution. will test this weekend.

Thank god. It's making me fucking disgusted with the game. Even when I get a critical kill it feels cheap.

rakka

made a $20 donation (will donate more in future) by ACH wire transfer, it should be completed early next week hopefully

let me know if when you receive it

Icy

Banned
Just test no crits and it works.

You may random still get the crit sound and animation. But it does normal damage. :)
This is now permament. Also because of that, Stats have been reset.

Just test no crits and it works.

You may random still get the crit sound and animation. But it does normal damage. :)
This is now permament. Also because of that, Stats have been reset.

This is amazing if it turns out to work reliably. Criticals do a great job of trying to ruin the game, in my opinion.

Bishman

How would TF2 run with a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS?

I really want to buy the Orange Box but I won't buy if my video card isn't good enough.

fallout

Bishman said:
How would TF2 run with a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS?

I really want to buy the Orange Box but I won't buy if my video card isn't good enough.
My 6800 GS runs it at low-med with no framerate drops at all. I assume you'll be fine.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Crits are hardly exclusive to soldiers, but hey, at least you people can stop whining about that and now whine how rockets do the same damage regardless of range. :D

Davidion

Hitokage said:
Crits are hardly exclusive to soldiers, but hey, at least you people can stop whining about that and now whine how rockets do the same damage regardless of range. :D

Never understood why people complained about that; are rockets...supposed to morph or something as it flies along?

Anyways, looking forward to playing without crit. Sure the occasional sweet shot that turned kill because of a crit will be missed but hey, balance ain't a bad thing.

Also, wouldn't this be a slight boon to Pyros? No more single-shot kill rockets/minigun spray can't be a bad thing for them.

Twig

Banned
No crits is fucking stupid. Good people will recover from any spontaneous crit death, and bad people will be bad regardless of how many lucky crits they get. So stupid.
Davidion said:
Never understood why people complained about that; are rockets...supposed to morph or something as it flies along?
It's called balance. Realism be damned. Rockets are extremely easy to dodge at long range (unless you're stupid like I tend to be 90% of the time ;_;), so to balance that, it would make sense to do more damage the longer it flies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be clear, the default behavior is for weapons to do LESS damage over a greater distance.

Range-reduced damage actually hurts the effect of better aim and path prediction, as a dead-on hit from halfway across a map does noticeably less damage than if you pulled the trigger when they bumped into you. On the other hand, it does reduce the effectiveness of spamming a chokepoint with rockets from far away. I'm guessing Valve had the latter take priority.

Anyway, I'm liking it. :D

Why am I banned from the server again?

Crits are hardly exclusive to soldiers

solider crits are one of the most bullshit in the game -- a rocket that does super damage and explodes on contact no matter what it hits.

I think the only crits I hate more are shotgun crits.

I kind of feel bad for medics though. The class is already horrible to play as it is, now the pathetic syringe gun will be even more pathetic.

I'm pretty sure it was that retarded shit you and your team ass friends were talking about TruLoki.

Really? Because I've never said anything to or about TruLoki. My friend did trash talk him a bit, but I fail to see how that is ban worthy.

Care to enlighten me about this "retarded shit" that you seem to remember?

HOW DARE YOU.

haha, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I really respect people like you for playing medics -- I just can't see what's fun about it. I've tried it so many times, and I just can't dig holding down the heal button.

I think medics need a huge buff from valve. They need something to make them able to be played solo at least a little effectively. It'd be nice if they had an actual weapon instead of that stupid syringe gun. At least the medics in TFC could disease people and had a super nail gun.

"Really? Because I've never said anything to or about TruLoki. My friend did trash talk him a bit, but I fail to see how that is ban worthy.

Care to enlighten me about this "retarded shit" that you seem to remember?"

Something something cock gobbler and kept harping on it or some shit. I dunno, I'm not an admin and didn't ban you or them. But as someone who had to read that stupid shit, I'm not really minding it.

vultureparade said:
I've tried it so many times, and I just can't dig holding down the heal button.

There is so much more to the class than just that. A good medic can lead your team to victory. It takes much more skill than simply "holding down the heal button."

vultureparade said:
It'd be nice if they had an actual weapon instead of that stupid syringe gun.

Maybe because you dont know how you use it effectively? It takes practice but the syringe gun is definitely more powerful than it first appears. And you'll be surprised how many people underestimate a head to head fight with a lone medic. Just ask n0b.

There is so much more to the class than just that. A good medic can lead your team to victory. It takes much more skill than simply "holding down the heal button."

Oh, I know it takes skill. But when it all boils down you're still holding down the heal button and trying not to get blown to pieces for most of your play time.

Maybe because you dont know how you use it effectively? It takes practice but the syringe gun is definitely more powerful than it first appears.

Of course I don't know how to use it effectively. I just said that medic is no fun for me to play. But the fact that the syringes drop to the ground after traveling a certain distance completely gimps the gun. It's such a fickle fucking gun when compared to any other gun in the game.

And I've seen instances when a medic goes one on one with another class and comes out victorious, but it doesn't happen very often. How many people do you know playing medic as an offensive class that can heal? Why are there rarely ever enough medics on a team? -- no one wants to play them because you're stuck running around and healing the entire game.

Something something cock gobbler and kept harping on it or some shit. I dunno, I'm not an admin and didn't ban you or them. But as someone who had to read that stupid shit, I'm not really minding it.

I didn't say that. My friend did. But how is calling someone a cock gobbler ONE TIME ban worthy? Hell, multiple times. What, are we playing TF2 in a fucking church?

And you can't handle seeing "cock gobbler" appear on your screen in a game where you are blowing people to pieces? It's really funny what people get offended by and in what context. Come on now, really.

So I'm still curious about why I'm banned, who banned me, and why said person has admin privileges when apparently they can't handle the responsibility. The best part about the whole thing is that I was banned, then unbanned, and then I come on to play tonight after playing for a couple hours last night and find that I'm banned again.

"And you can't handle seeing "cock gobbler" appear on your screen in a game where you are blowing people to pieces? It's really funny what people get offended by and in what context. Come on now, really."

I'm one of the most vulgar people here. It's really a matter whether they were funny or just stupid. Your friends were stupid and (more importantly) annoying, so I'm not really interested in seeing what they say pop up on my screen.

QQ?

I'm one of the most vulgar people here. It's really a matter whether they were funny or just stupid. Your friends were stupid and (more importantly) annoying, I don't really care whether I see what they say pop up on my screen or not.

So my one friend annoyed you by saying cock gobbler once in the game chat? I can't say I really understand that, but everyone has different feelings and sensitivity levels.

I just hope this ban thing works itself out soon so I can get back to blowing people up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom