• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Minigun crits come in bursts just like flamethrower crits, so every now and then a string of maybe 30 bullets will be critical.

Dave Long

Banned
Um... how am I supposed to a connect to a full server now with the reserved slot thing on? It won't auto-wait for an opening because the server isn't really full. :(

Won

So with crits out: Was the damage from the pyro shotgun always that inconstant? Had it several times like "low damage, low damage, low damage, super damagespike, low damage, dead".
Normally i would say that it was a crit....but now I'm confused.

And it really seems a bit easier too sap sentries. Without one-hit-wrenching it comes down for the engineer to repair the sentry till its gone or hit the spy and probably lose the sentry.
It is also easier to get away after a backstab, but thats not my style. :)

I also think people start to hate me and my superlong backstabarm. :(

I was always under the impression that Demomen are a higher tier class, though. Did taking critical hits somehow make them suck, even though they seemed pretty good even without Criticals?

Jide

The no crit option is a welcomed addition Icy. I do find it weird there seemed to be less soldiers when I was playing odd... :D

Good games everyone :)

"I was always under the impression that Demomen are a higher tier class, though. Did taking critical hits somehow make them suck, even though they seemed pretty good even without Criticals?"

No, they've sucked since beta, criticals or no.

Xizk said:
Need some headset suggestions. Richardfun has been on my back about getting a mic so I've finally decided to get one.

Get a logitech USB 250. It's not too expensive (aboutr 25-30 bucks) and it's great.

yeb

I tried playing around as a sniper today. I'd always heard that a lower mouse sensitivity is better for sniping (in any FPS), but I actually tried increasing it significantly to counter the automatic reduction while scoped. I found it quite a bit easier to go for headshots at medium/short range, and I actually did fairly well overall.

Is there any way I can set a higher sensitivity for playing sniper without creating custom key binds for switching to every class?

Also, teams have seemed noticeably more imbalanced lately. I saw the most lopsided games ever of Hydro this morning, and Gravel Pit tonight. Guess there's just an influx of new players.

Firestorm

That gravelpit match was pretty bad. There was a guy on my team building a sentry and dispenser at our spawn and we were attacking. There was also a medic not charging uber. I thought he was because he started out healing, but I looked back later and he was taunting with 17% charge ._.

I love the server and the people in it...i just wish icy would stop fucking with a great game...Its just about perfect as it was, but looks like hes so intent on finding something wrong with it...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
KittenMaster said:
I was always under the impression that Demomen are a higher tier class, though. Did taking critical hits somehow make them suck, even though they seemed pretty good even without Criticals?
Teknopathetic insists that regular grenades not exploding on impact after the first bounce like they did when TF2 beta was released makes the class useless, mostly because he sucks with sticky bombs.

1-D_FTW

Yes. What he wants is to be able to hide behind walls, launch grenades, and blindly get ricochet kills from people blindly running into them. How that isn't the biggest win button in the history of win buttons puzzles me. But I'm glad they removed them cause noobs would just spam corners with grenades.

I still don't understand why he can't dominate with the current form. He's obviously a really good player. And I've seen really good demoman be one man roadblocks, so I don't understand why he doesn't lead the leader board with it.

"Teknopathetic insists that regular grenades not exploding on impact after the first bounce like they did when TF2 beta was released makes the class useless, mostly because he sucks with sticky bombs."

I used sticky bombs offensively before they were popular (read: necessary to not be a complete free kill), thank you very much.

Icy

Banned
jeremy70583 said:
I love the server and the people in it...i just wish icy would stop fucking with a great game...Its just about perfect as it was, but looks like hes so intent on finding something wrong with it...

Well, You don't have to play on the server. Don't like it.. buh bye.

Demos are fine as they are. As much as I hate being almost completely vulnerable to a good scout, it'd be scary to go back to the way they were in the beta.

Xizk

Almost impossible(ok a bit hyperbole but much harder) to take down a good demo now while playing scout. Last night I even sneaked behind demomen from behind and shot them 4 times and they still lived only to blow me up.

Icy

Banned
Hitokage said:
Well, you have made a lot of horrid changes, but the no-crit mod isn't one of them.

let me see.. I have class limits.. and uh.. no crit mod. What other changes are ther currently? None.

WARCOCK

Banned
Xizk said:
Playing scout has become tedious without crits,takes forever for enemies to go down.

Soldiers taking 3 close buck shots in the back then "OH NOES I AM BEING OWNED BY A SCOUT!!!!" *shoots self on floors*----> *win!???*

Scout apologists that keep telling me to actually play the classes before juging them, need to play scout over 5 hours. Tre,brah, im all with you in a match setting they are fucking great mainly because they have lots of space to maneuver without being flanked, but that is outright cancelled in pubs + the use of non-league classes like lots of engies and heavies.

Capndrake

Cell backstabbed me on Warpath earlier and then instantly got attacked by everything in the area resulting in this awesome picture:

cellislookinggood.jpg

Won

yeb said:
Also, teams have seemed noticeably more imbalanced lately. I saw the most lopsided games ever of Hydro this morning, and Gravel Pit tonight. Guess there's just an influx of new players.

Just opened the server stats to see what map is running and damn......team gaf(red) completly destroys team skill <1000(blue). :lol

828kqs7.jpg

Capndrake

This reserved slot stuff is getting really annoying, I was just in a game for 45+ minutes and then suddenly got kicked out of nowhere because of it. Then it happened again after I rejoined and played 15 more minutes.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Capndrake said:
Cell backstabbed me on Warpath earlier and then instantly got attacked by everything in the area resulting in this awesome picture:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/Capndrake/cellislookinggood.jpg
i'm such a terrible spy, all i do is run to the back of the opposite team and wave my knife around hoping to hit someone :lol

and while we're at it, here's some of my shots i've taken in the past week:

plus a bunch i picked up from sa:

I'm starting to really like playing demo, its a nice change from being a medic the whole game. If I'm medic for a map and it changes, I can't pick another class because no one is there to pick up the slack. It sucks

Gotta agree with Hito. There's been some...questionable...modifications to the servers over the months, but none of em stuck particularly long nor added anything. No crits is not one of those things.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I had the most badass moment ever tonight. I got 4-5 headshots in a row picking off the people near the final point in dustbowl as I was walking alone towards it... until I walk into the line of sight of a sentry to my left at the edge of the crevice and get mowed down.

Good times. :D

Capndrake

Because I want that last damn achievement: Do all friends for With Friends Like These have to be on your team or on any team? And can you just add people currently in a game with you and get it?

Kade

I need that acheivement aswell, then all I have to do is wait until Valve releases more acheivements. Can't wait.

WARCOCK

Banned
Jacobi said:
Capndrake is from Netherland :O And cell also from Sweden :O Shocking revelations!

Im glad swedes play, best fps gamers in ZA WORLDO. Hell they dominate our top 10 and have 150+ pings. HAHAHAHA. :(

Doytch

That damned Gravelpit achievement is the last one I need. I should've gotten it twice already, damned auto switch. :( Defend A people!

Icy

Banned
DrForester said:
So.... how do you get access to those two reserved slots that are almost never being used?

server has to have 22 reserved slot holders on it before those 2 are used.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Richardfun said:
Get a logitech USB 250. It's not too expensive (aboutr 25-30 bucks) and it's great.

This. I bought it, clear quality, sounds awesome. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart.

Icy

Banned
OK. I think this is gonna be the class makeup for the 6v6 tournament.

Limit of 1 Support class ( Medic or Sniper or Spy)

Limit of 3 Defense class ( Demo Man, Heavy, Engineer)

Limit of 2 Assault Class ( Scout, Soldier, Pyro)

There is no limit to anyone 1 specific class except for the support classes. A team can have 2 scouts, or 3 heavys if they wish. Teams can change classes on the fly during a match, but cannot break the limits. DQ if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom