• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobi

Banned
NO FRIENDLY FIRE!!!! That would make the Spy the best class and ruin the game totally

I don't either like the respawn idea, but let's see how that works in-game

The Storyteller said:
Until the 12 year old british kid living in France started to bug us with his constant whining.
WAAAANNN MOOOOOAR! :lol

Those games were so much fun. Attack medics are godly as evidenced in these pics. :D

868qm3r.jpg

6wrv7o6.jpg

6ldhb3l.jpg

Won

Icy said:
I am going to be adding a couple of customs to the map cycle.

2fort is being readded, and I'm looking to add a few more CTF maps.

I've raised base damage across the floor for weapons due to the critless status. but they still don't do damage anywhere near a crit.

I"m changed the respawn system to see how it goes.
The default system has a player respawn 12-15 seconds (default without momentum) from the time they die. Server is respawning people in constant 10 second waves.

ie

Time: 12:00:00

Javaman dies @ 12:00:03
Hitokage dies @ 12:00:09
@ 12:00:10 both are repsawned.

I am also toying with the idea to turn FF on.

Do you hate the game that much? :lol

Icy

Banned
FRIENDLY FIRE COMING SOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D

Blame Hitokage and Jide. They convinced me its much needed.

JavaMava

Hey guys. I just bought the Orange Box for PC. I got it for the 360 initially, but fell in love with TF2 and wanted a fuller community. Running it on poor hardware right now (haven't played a new PC game since Diablo), but ordered some part through the mail that should be coming soon.

Anyways a few quick questions.

1. When do you guys play usually?

2. I want to make some custom maps. Where do I start?

3. Any ideas why my mic works in the test screen of steam and tf2, but not while actually playing?

Thanks, and look forward to playing with GAF some time soon.

Icy

Banned
JavaMava said:
Hey guys. I just bought the Orange Box for PC. I got it for the 360 initially, but fell in love with TF2 and wanted a fuller community. Running it on poor hardware right now (haven't played a new PC game since Diablo), but ordered some part through the mail that should be coming soon.

Anyways a few quick questions.

1. When do you guys play usually?

Daily 24/7

2. I want to make some custom maps. Where do I start?

Warning it is not very noob friendly. But download the kit via Steam and check out the beginner's guindes on hl2world.com

3. Any ideas why my mic works in the test screen of steam and tf2, but not while actually playing?

Make sure you're using the correct key your MIC is bound to in your options.

JavaMava

Icy said:
Daily 24/7

Warning it is not very noob friendly. But download the kit via Steam and check out the beginner's guindes on hl2world.com

Make sure you're using the correct key your MIC is bound to in your options.

Ya I expect a huge learning curve. I'm in college right now for programming, but would like to keep fresh on game design, so I figure I'd give it a go.

And that would be my problem, didn't know it was set for a key.

Thans for the quick reply.

JavaMava said:
Ya I expect a huge learning curve. I'm in college right now for programming, but would like to keep fresh on game design, so I figure I'd give it a go.

And that would be my problem, didn't know it was set for a key.

Thans for the quick reply.

The default 'speak' key is V.

Icy

Banned
I think I got the FF working. Here's the thing though..

When you shoot a friendly spy you won't see blood dmg.
Pyros cannot hurt team mates with the flame thrower
and you can't destory friendly engineer objects.

BOOOO.

Icy said:
I think I got the FF working. Here's the thing though..

When you shoot a friendly spy you won't see blood dmg.
Pyros cannot hurt team mates with the flame thrower
and you can't destory friendly engineer objects.

BOOOO.

Icy, seriously. Why Friendly Fire? If there is one game that is plain wrong for it, it's TF2.

JavaMava

Don't know if this is the best topic for this question but...

I made my first map following the tutorial I posted. I saved it, compiled it, but ran into an error while compiling. Heres the message.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\gillamobster\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\MyFirstMap"

* Could not execute the command:
"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe" -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\gillamobster\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\MyFirstMap"
* Windows gave the error message:
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\gillamobster\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\MyFirstMap"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
Can't load c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\filesystem_steam.dll.
Can't load c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\filesystem_steam.dll.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"

vrad_launcher error: can't load vrad_dll.dll
The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\gillamobster\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\MyFirstMap.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gillamobster\team fortress 2\tf\maps\MyFirstMap.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

and then it pops up with an error message that says

Hammer said:
The command failed. Windows reported the error: "The system cannot find the file specified."

Do you want to continue?
[Yes][No]

Any ideas?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Opinion: Jenga sucks as a medic. Awesome games we just had, especially a very nice comeback in overtime. Loved it =).

Icy said:
cp_castle2, cp_warpath, ctf_2fort has been added to the map cycle

vultureparade is the newest Admin. Still need 1 more, NON North American admin please. :)
What the fuck? Out of all your misguided decisions this is by far the dumbest . You know it's not a very wise idea to give people you barely know positions of power.

Xizk

Heh yeah. Shot Warcock fourtimes during a won round and he didn't die. He accused me of being a bad shooter but I knew something was wrong :p

Jacobi

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"At least the engineer's shotgun can kill people now"

Is it the same as the soldier's shotgun? I never had trouble killing with that before.
Well the damage is upped now I think
It was nearly impossible killing demomen and soldiers be4

Tried playing on Icey's server but somehow I'm "toggling" even though I'm not sure what that means. Someone kept backstabbing me but it never worked. And I think I couldn't be headshotted. I left but I wasn't doing anything I wasn't supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom