• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

I'm probably the only one but I want normal damage with crits back. The current server settings are somehow more annoying than crits. :(

"I'm probably the only one but I want normal damage with crits back. The current server settings are somehow more annoying than crits. :("

Is your name Won on the TF2 server also?

Firestorm

Won said:
I'm probably the only one but I want normal damage with crits back. The current server settings are somehow more annoying than crits. :(

Tired of being a spy and OHKOed by rockets all the time instead of just some of the time?

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Icy said:
Create a JPG / BMP / TGA image file. Must be in a 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, or 256x256 size.

Go into your multiplayer options and choose the file, it will import it into TF2 for your usage.

thanks, i'll try it out tomorrow

Firestorm said:
Are reserved slots broken? It wouldn't let me in due to reserved slot and I think Storyteller had the same issue. He was even kicked for a reserved slot. Are only donators/admins reserved now?
This keeps on happening to me. It wont even let me into the server, it begins loading the map than it pops up with the message "kicked by console: reserved slot" and this is when there is 22 people in the server..

The Storyteller said:
This keeps on happening to me. It wont even let me into the server, it begins loading the map than it pops up with the message "kicked by console: reserved slot" and this is when there is 22 people in the server..

22 is the limit with reserved slots, so if you don't have one, you can't join when there are 22.

Icy

Banned
Current map rotation:

cp_dustbowl
cp_horus_b3
cp_granary
cp_warpath
ctf_2fort
cp_gravelpit
cp_well
tc_hydro
cp_castle2

Server restarts with cp_gravelpit

Icy

Banned
Just restarted the server.

No Crits continues.
Base damage is back to normal.
Added horus to the map cycle.
Reserved slot list for donators has been corrected and updated.
Everyone else dropped to the preferred list.
Removed rockthevote. -.-

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
PROTIP: It shouldn't come as a surprise that you're losing in cp_well when your best players are pyros and engineers and nobody wants to be medic.

BTW, I believe that's the first time I've seen the last point for blue successfully defended in tc_hydro on a full server. :D

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Hitokage said:
BTW, I believe that's the first time I've seen the last point for blue successfully defended in tc_hydro on a full server. :D
i've seen it before....... once. and i got as frustrated not being able to take it the previous time too. geeeeez omg srsly

Bishman

Hitokage, you are so good with Solider. Find that class so hard to play. :/

I'll stick with Engineer / Spy / Pyro / Medic.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sciz said:
I can't believe we defended the last point on Hydro. Heck, I didn't even think it was possible.
Firestorm said:
I can't believe we lost the final point in hydro as offense. I didn't even think that was possible.
:lol
bishman said:
Hitokage, you are so good with Solider. Find that class so hard to play. :/
Heh, I have my problems. Put me on a team with a weak offense and no decent medics on a full server against a balanced team and I can get pretty ineffective. Matchups usually end up with me being outnumbered and my opponents having health bonuses I don't. I also do poorly in general against the better demomen like Kak and Con Man.

...but yeah, I try. Some may say it's all about cheap crits, but I certainly don't need them.

Doytch

Hitokage said:
PROTIP: It shouldn't come as a surprise that you're losing in cp_well when your best players are pyros and engineers and nobody wants to be medic.

I looooooove Pyro all of a sudden. It's way too damn fun. :lol :lol

Firestorm

Who was the one who wanted to change the sensitivity for sniper only when zoomed in? Found this command on LUELinks:

zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1

Changes your sensitivity only for when you're zoomed it. I assume it's a ratio to your regular sensitivity.

Borys

Banned
Crushed said:
Icy has now cemented himself as Worst Admin of the Forever.

Hey Icy, I got a question for you: do you make all those new maps that you post pics of them here, or do you get them from some other TF2 forums?

1-D_FTW

Hitokage said:
Heh, I have my problems. Put me on a team with a weak offense and no decent medics on a full server against a balanced team and I can get pretty ineffective. Matchups usually end up with me being outnumbered and my opponents having health bonuses I don't. I also do poorly in general against the better demomen like Kak and Con Man.

...but yeah, I try. Some may say it's all about cheap crits, but I certainly don't need them.

*Begin rant*

I don't need them either. I just think the game is a heck of a lot more balanced when the game isn't constantly being balanced by somebody who stinks at the game and has no concept of what balance even means.

I was obviously one of the biggest proponents of crits in this thread. But it was done purely because it's a great game and ****ing up the balance cause somebody is board and stinks at the game annoyed me to no end. I also felt some of the motivation was to try and turn it into a game that was "unfairly" neglected. I was just begging to leave my TF2 alone, please.

I don't have issues with you, but that statement does irk me. It's not the first time I've felt their was some condensation towards me and I've had superior k/d ratios against you on every leaderboard we've had (Overall, I'd say my k/d ratio against you has been around 1.5/1. Stats are irrelevant since they can be misleading without context, but it backs up my thought that I won more duals than I lost in soldier-to-soldier meet ups.) My rub has always been with the Crappy Plugins TM and how they've constantly screwed up the balance or inadvertently broken things (considering how often this occurs, I"ll never be convinced the Well final CP borked timer wasn't related to them.) That's what I've always been subtly hinting at in my complaining. Heck, even my constant railing against 2fort. Having played it on other servers, it's probably my third favorite map. Global CTF settings that make the map never have a winner (But allow rotten custom maps to be more playable) suck.

So that's the genesis of my complaining. Not for selfish reasons of fattening my score, but because it's an awesome game and I was trying to subtly get Icy to change this or that. Crits were clearly part of this. Playing with the Gaf guys was a ton of fun for me, but I just wanted to do it in an environment where the admin was constantly messing up the balance.

*End rant*

Again, I've had a ton of fun playing with you gaffers these last couple months. A ton! Just wanted to clear my chest on this. Hopefully some of you don't look too down on me for this and we'll meet up again in Left 4 Dead. I'd enjoy that.

JoeFu said:
GUYS

THATS NOT ME

I wasn't home for a week.

My lil bro has been playing CS:S

He came on to play TF2 too at a certain point. I thought you'd suffered a stroke before I found out it was him. Dear god he sucked :lol

Icy said:
Just restarted the server.

No Crits continues.
Base damage is back to normal.
Added horus to the map cycle.
Reserved slot list for donators has been corrected and updated.
Everyone else dropped to the preferred list.
Removed rockthevote. -.-

Any chance of the crits coming back in the near future?

Icy

Banned
Borys said:

Hey Icy, I got a question for you: do you make all those new maps that you post pics of them here, or do you get them from some other TF2 forums?

various sites, I know a lot of talented map developers.

Icy

Banned
a Classic Badlands remake map has been released. People are saying its good. I'll get it today and put it on the server for tonight.

Icy said:
a Classic Badlands remake map has been released. People are saying its good. I'll get it today and put it on the server for tonight.

Cool!

On a sidenote, if things go the way I planned, I'll be playing quite a bit less TF2 in the near future. I got my Bachelors degree last month, and so my financial aid has stopped. I therefore have to go work full time until I'm gonna do a Masters in september. However, I will still play earlier in the evening (for me), which is probably the afternoon for you lot. And weekends of course :D

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
*rant*

Again, I've had a ton of fun playing with you gaffers these last couple months. A ton! Just wanted to clear my chest on this. Hopefully some of you don't look too down on me for this and we'll meet up again in Left 4 Dead. I'd enjoy that.
I'd just like to toss out that I agree wholeheartedly with everything said here. Well, except that where Sir 1-D here claims to be good, I only claim to be decent.

Why fuck with the balance, when it worked so well as it was? And stop it with the "cheap crits" nonsense, eh? People who do well get crits more often. And on top of that, they HIT with those crits more often, since being more skilled means they have a higher Hit:Miss ratio.

Bleh. I went through all the trouble (not really that much trouble, when all is said and done) of setting up TF2 on my newly Linux-infested laptop, and realized I don't even want to play anymore now. \:

Oh well, it was tons of fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll get over it soon enough. I'm known to get over things I hate quite quickly. Then again Christmas has distracted me with its billions of Other Games.

EDIT: to remove ANGER TM

1-D_FTW said:
*Begin rant*

I don't need them either. I just think the game is a heck of a lot more balanced when the game isn't constantly being balanced by somebody who stinks at the game and has no concept of what balance even means.

I was obviously one of the biggest proponents of crits in this thread. But it was done purely because it's a great game and ****ing up the balance cause somebody is board and stinks at the game annoyed me to no end. I also felt some of the motivation was to try and turn it into a game that was "unfairly" neglected. I was just begging to leave my TF2 alone, please.

I don't have issues with you, but that statement does irk me. It's not the first time I've felt their was some condensation towards me and I've had superior k/d ratios against you on every leaderboard we've had (Overall, I'd say my k/d ratio against you has been around 1.5/1. Stats are irrelevant since they can be misleading without context, but it backs up my thought that I won more duals than I lost in soldier-to-soldier meet ups.) My rub has always been with the Crappy Plugins TM and how they've constantly screwed up the balance or inadvertently broken things (considering how often this occurs, I"ll never be convinced the Well final CP borked timer wasn't related to them.) That's what I've always been subtly hinting at in my complaining. Heck, even my constant railing against 2fort. Having played it on other servers, it's probably my third favorite map. Global CTF settings that make the map never have a winner (But allow rotten custom maps to be more playable) suck.

So that's the genesis of my complaining. Not for selfish reasons of fattening my score, but because it's an awesome game and I was trying to subtly get Icy to change this or that. Crits were clearly part of this. Playing with the Gaf guys was a ton of fun for me, but I just wanted to do it in an environment where the admin was constantly messing up the balance.

*End rant*

Are you saying you're not playing TF2 anymore on Neogaf, or not playing tf2 anymore period?

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
Are you saying you're not playing TF2 anymore on Neogaf, or not playing tf2 anymore period?

who cares. back to TF2 fragging fun.

Badlands classic tonight. We may even a whole new revamped Avanti tonight as well.

Icy said:
who cares. back to TF2 fragging fun.

Badlands classic tonight. We may even a whole new revamped Avanti tonight as well.

Icy, I know you're the boss and all, but I really don't see how chasing away regular, good players is a good thing?!?

I loved Badlands. :D

And is the revamped avanti an updated avantiville or a new remake? I've played another (much better) one with a factory theme running on another server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom