• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Backstabs aren't working anymore. I tried to backstab a standing opponent and it didn't go through. Tried it a few more times on different people. I don't think sniper headshots are working either.

Bishman said:
Love playing as an engineer and pyro!

And this PA comic made me laugh so much! :lol

20070921.jpg
I agree with Gabe. In fact... I am going to try and make one of the panels my new spray.

I also love how Gabe's art style fits the TF2 characters so amazingly well.

JavaMava

ahh that was fun. My first GAF TF2 on PC experience. Played as the Pyro mostly, great for breaking up the other teams defense.

Those two custom maps we played, castle and warpath? They seemed pretty good. Well designed. At least a hell of a lot better than some of the others I tried in random games. Who made them?

steam - Gilla
xbl - GillaMobster

Capndrake

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
December 31, 2007, 3:11 pm - Jason Ruymen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed "CUtlLinkedList overflow!" crash

Added player position data to server logging of events (player_death, player_builtobject, teamplay_flag_event, object_destroyed, teamplay_point_captured, teamplay_capture_blocked)

Improved mapcycle handling to ensure it always loads new mapcycles when the mapcyclefile convar is changed

Fixed sniper quick-switch exploit allowing them to avoid zoom/unzoom times

Fixed an exploit allowing players to spawn into the enemy territory at the start of a round

Fixed syringegun projectiles sometimes pushing players high up into the air, allowing them to reach bad map locations

Removed an obscure rendering setting that would allow players to make cloaked spies appear fully black

Capndrake

KittenMaster said:
I agree with Gabe. In fact... I am going to try and make one of the panels my new spray.
If you make the last panel your spray and it works correctly, mind uploading the picture somewhere for others? I made it into a spray myself, but it gets quite heavily blurred making the text unreadable.

Jenga

Banned
Capndrake said:
Fixed sniper quick-switch exploit allowing them to avoid zoom/unzoom times

Fixed syringegun projectiles sometimes pushing players high up into the air, allowing them to reach bad map locations

Removed an obscure rendering setting that would allow players to make cloaked spies appear fully black
Excellent. I wonder how many snipers will complain about the quickswitch fix.

Icy

Banned
I changed several bandwidth settings for server optimal FPS.. I'ver seen a 20 ping drop on my connection and several others around 10-30 depending where they are let me know how yours is compared to before.

1-D_FTW

Icy said:
game tracker is no where near correct ever at all. It only checks ping data every 5-15 minutes.

http://tf2.ironfist.net

is where the HLStats data is.

Well the hours matched up well (Minus the untracked and other service tracking and other servers.)

I just wanted to see where I stood at my retirement from the "Gaf" server. So I found it interesting. It certainly didn't miss enough for me to care.

Xizk

I got owned by a spy with revolver when I was a scout. And I got a medic plus heavy as scout while the heavy knew I was there.

Doytch

Capndrake said:
Castle's probably the first custom I like. Only bad part is that the final level is heaven for Snipers.

Speaking of castle, this was the first time I played the new version. The extra path at the start of stage 2 is a huge improvement, it was just a meatgrinder before.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Heh, was having a low-key game playing around with various classes like the demoman, pyro, offensive medic, and experimental engie, until two clannie teammates started bashing the team and also myself for being a retard and not doing anything as engie. I wasn't really in the mood to play seriously, so even though I said earlier on I would stop playing offclass, I went back the next round... but when I was engie on dustbowl and they told the medic to heal him because nobody else was as important, it kinda touched a nerve. Went soldier, shot up the scoreboard(from 40+ points behind leader to 10-15 in three rounds).

Then I go sniper after the map changes to granary while on a different team this time, and I get accused repeatedly of hacking and the other team ends up going solidly anti-sniper(read: scouts and spies). I switch to soldier after a while, and maintained a point lead on the entire server until the very end of a long battle when our team lost the final cap.

Like I once told sharkie/TruLoki, TF2 is not the game to find relaxation. :/

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Hitokage said:
but when I was engie on dustbowl and they told the medic to heal him because nobody else was as important, it kinda touched a nerve. Went soldier, shot up the scoreboard(from 40+ points behind leader to 10-15 in three rounds).
that medic was me, i wish i would have reacted faster and stopped healing him cause that was really fucking annoying

Hitokage said:
Heh, was having a low-key game playing around with various classes like the demoman, pyro, offensive medic, and experimental engie, until two clannie teammates started bashing the team and also myself for being a retard and not doing anything as engie. I wasn't really in the mood to play seriously, so even though I said earlier on I would stop playing offclass, I went back the next round... but when I was engie on dustbowl and they told the medic to heal him because nobody else was as important, it kinda touched a nerve. Went soldier, shot up the scoreboard(from 40+ points behind leader to 10-15 in three rounds).

Then I go sniper after the map changes to granary while on a different team this time, and I get accused repeatedly of hacking and the other team ends up going solidly anti-sniper(read: scouts and spies). I switch to soldier after a while, and maintained a point lead on the entire server until the very end of a long battle when our team lost the final cap.

Like I once told sharkie/TruLoki, TF2 is not the game to find relaxation. :/
Yup, the whining on the Gaf server has really been killing my enjoyment of TF2 lately. It seems there was never a day where I could get on without having really stacked teams with someone complaining about how their team sucks.

I'd say it's more of an issue servers that have regulars. When people band together you're bound to have stacked teams.

Jacobi

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Yup, the whining on the Gaf server has really been killing my enjoyment of TF2 lately. It seems there was never a day where I could get on without having really stacked teams with someone complaining about how their team sucks.

I'd say it's more of an issue servers that have regulars. When people band together you're bound to have stacked teams.
Lately the games have become more and more balanced because we have so many regulars.

Jacobi said:
Lately the games have become more and more balanced because we have so many regulars.

Yup, it's been real cool from time to time, with ten regulars spread out over 2 teams. Makes for exciting rounds :D

JavaMava

I tried the server earlier today, but it was empty. Are people going to be on in about 2-3 hours? I just got this game a few days ago so I don't know when the regular play time is.

Icy

Banned
JavaMava said:
I tried the server earlier today, but it was empty. Are people going to be on in about 2-3 hours? I just got this game a few days ago so I don't know when the regular play time is.

if its empty just get on... and wait like 10-15 minutes. People will start joining, I promise. happens all the time. :)

"if its empty just get on... and wait like 10-15 minutes. People will start joining, I promise. happens all the time. :)"

It really does. I was gonna suggest me and you(javamava) get a game going since that'll attract others pretty quickly but my connection is lagging to much to play :(

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
This is game is brilliant. I've been playing the shit out of it (temporary addiction) and am constantly surprised at how well designed and thought out the whole thing is. Been player as sniper a lot recently, since moving on from being a fiendish medic, and fixing that quickswitch glitch hasn't a problem. Turning off voice chat does wonders.

How do you make and use these "sprays"? I was playing somewhere where a player had a spray of a crouched sniper that he stuck in the sewers on 2fort.

I haven't played on the GAF server recently because it's been quite laggy and all criticals are off...which is pretty shit for the sniper since most good shots are criticals. I'll check back later to see if it is back to normal.

Thanks again to whoever suggested I learn the ropes with the medic, really opened the game up for me.

Doytch

If you played a couple of days ago, snipers/spies were broken since their headshots/backstabs weren't registering. It's fixed now though.

Javaman

MrSardonic said:
How do you make and use these "sprays"? I was playing somewhere where a player had a spray of a crouched sniper that he stuck in the sewers on 2fort.

Copy the pic to "Steam\steamapps\*steam name*\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\Logos"

And select it in game with the multiplayer tab. I'm not sure what formatting is necessary since I hadn't made any yet, only downloaded some from the net.

Icy

Banned
Create a JPG / BMP / TGA image file. Must be in a 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, or 256x256 size.

Go into your multiplayer options and choose the file, it will import it into TF2 for your usage.

Firestorm

Are reserved slots broken? It wouldn't let me in due to reserved slot and I think Storyteller had the same issue. He was even kicked for a reserved slot. Are only donators/admins reserved now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom