• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Wow. If they're awarded retrospectively, I'd have almost all those achievements =( Was hoping for something a bit more challenging.

Don't think I have the "kill while charged" though. I might, but I'm usually pretty jumpy once I'm at 100% charge :lol

n0b

trh said:
which reminds me of something i was planning on telling you medic players here; the juggle achievement, i watched a replay of some tourney match where the medic would über and juggle between two players keeping them both übered using the fact that after you let go of someone they still remain übered for a short while. at least i *think* that's what i saw. something to try out.
I've been doing that forever. :p Best I've done is 5 on one uber. I think the most fun is having two heavies ubered though.

Capndrake

Casbah is so awesome. We just pushed back the other team so far they couldn't even leave the spawn.

Also, the man who chose to let Rock the Casbah play every now and then deserves a medal.

Kade

Capndrake said:
Casbah is so awesome. We just pushed back the other team so far they couldn't even leave the spawn.

Also, the man who chose to let Rock the Casbah play every now and then deserves a medal.

If only it could be triggered by typing something or accessing an easter egg.

I agree with the 20pts assist...but it kinda defeats the purpose if i get 2-6 points per kill(being 3rd, this is the average) and 20 pts per assist...It kinda pushes you to try to just get an assist and not get the kill shot...or it pushes you to play medic which would grant you much more points.

Firestorm

jeremy70583 said:
I agree with the 20pts assist...but it kinda defeats the purpose if i get 2-6 points per kill(being 3rd, this is the average) and 20 pts per assist...It kinda pushes you to try to just get an assist and not get the kill shot...or it pushes you to play medic which would grant you much more points.

I would not mind this.

Hope we dont have to pay for PC maps...So on the 360 version..how is stats calculated, cause im sure there is a shared leaderboards like other games?

Kade

Jacobi said:
After all crits aren't too bad

Playing Soldier is easy with crits on. When it was no crits, I'd get like 2 kills out of a group of 5 guys rushing, but with crits, I can get all of them easily.

Xizk

I wish we got rid of stats. It's ruining the game for me :(

EDIT: What could be fun would be stats but have them hidden. Then once a month show a list of who did what. And then reset them for the next month. You could still be rewarded with a good rank if you did well and at the same time keep people from just playing for stats when you can't see if someone has more points.

JoeFu

Banned
Javaman said:
Some of you guys seem more worried about points and arbitrary ranks then enjoying the game. Just saying...

Yup. I used to kinda care... but after the stat resets and stuff I just don't care. Having fun is the most important thing.

Twig

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
rank
rank
rank
rank
rank
rank
rank
top10
session
rank
rank
rank
Yeah, it gets pretty ridiculous sometimes. I wish there was a way to... hide when I type rank. I'm always a little curious, but everytime I type "rank" in the chat, I feel like I'm saying "I just want to see how much I'm kicking your ass" (even though I never made it into the top 10... top 25, yes, but not top 10).

Oh well. I like Xizk's idea of only showing the ranks every month, then resetting them. I think that'd be the best. Too many people care too much about rank.

TheOneGuy said:
Yeah, it gets pretty ridiculous sometimes. I wish there was a way to... hide when I type rank. I'm always a little curious, but everytime I type "rank" in the chat, I feel like I'm saying "I just want to see how much I'm kicking your ass" (even though I never made it into the top 10... top 25, yes, but not top 10).

Oh well. I like Xizk's idea of only showing the ranks every month, then resetting them. I think that'd be the best. Too many people care too much about rank.

Amen. Show them once a month, and disable the rank command. It gets spammed way too much at the moment, and I must admit I've over indulged once or twice as well :D

Sciz

Javaman said:
Some of you guys seem more worried about points and arbitrary ranks then enjoying the game. Just saying...

I'm not trying to emphasize the rankings, but they're hard to ignore when a message about them pops up every time you do something. It doesn't help when I've got a lingering competitive streak about things like this. ;(

Twig

Banned
Sciz said:
I'm not trying to emphasize the rankings, but they're hard to ignore when a message about them pops up every time you do something. It doesn't help when I've got a lingering competitive streak about things like this. ;(
I think that is the biggest problem. Every single action tells you how many points you gained. Make it more subtle, less, "lolz you just got pwnd by some dude with 100000000000000 points!"

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I never check my rank because I always forget about it.

Then the message pops up and reminds me and think about typing in "rank," but then it'll be obvious that I'm just doing it because of the message, and that'll be weird and embarrassing since the proper way to do it is cool and nonchalant during an arbitrary moment, but then I forget to do it.

Then the message pops up.

Davidion

Haven't played this weekend yet but...wouldn't mind killing the stats. Really, the game is fun without all the ranking nonsense to distract us anyhow.

Xizk

Just played a highlander match on one of the SA servers. One of each class, 9vs9. Easily one of the most fun experiences I've had with the game In a long time. I got assigned Pyro and our team won both rounds on Well. Got to the top the score list too.

"Icy, where did all of the customs go? Especially casbah was fun, any particular reason why they were removed?"

You sure it's gone? I was playing on casbah with Icy this afternoon...

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Icy, where did all of the customs go? Especially casbah was fun, any particular reason why they were removed?"

You sure it's gone? I was playing on casbah with Icy this afternoon...

I'm an admin so I can see the maps in rotation and they were gone. And yeah, they were on this afternoon, I played then too :D

"I'm an admin so I can see the maps in rotation and they were gone. And yeah, they were on this afternoon, I played then too "

Ah, I forgot you were an admin. That sucks Casbah was pretty fun when I played it for the first time this afternoon. :D Kinda weird Icy just switched it all of a sudden though, maybe like rakka said he's just keep true to his "vanilla" weekend :lol

"all of the custom maps are still there. @map doesn't list them all."

I just came to say the map just switched to casbah so it's definately still there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom