• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0b

Also, I thought my current total was silly:
6oeyfeh.png

I wish I didn't join so late in the game. D:

I love how we tried different same class teams when we switched to Casbah, and none of them worked out near as well as the all medic combo.

n0b you almost double my syringe gun kills. :( And I've been trying so hard to get more. I need more practice, my aim tends to suck more than rock.

Capndrake

I still haven't been a part of a team that consisted of only one class (Except Snipers only on Sniper Brawl and Snipers only on Gravel Pit yesterday due to a glitch), we need to organize a match with one class only sometime.

Davidion

n0b said:
Class limits are fine as long as there is no medic limit interfering with the night crew's fun.

It started out fun:

And then just got awesome.

Our final all medic win.

Fun times. :D

Holy crap. :lol I need to get in on this one of these days.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
January 7, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

*Added an option in the Options->Multiplayer dialog to filter custom game files being downloaded from servers
*Fixed cases where ragdolls were falling through the world
*Graphics optimizations for mid and low end hardware
*Fixed players blocking doors in Well
*Fixed engineer building in exploit areas on final caps in Well
*Increased starting round timer to 10 minutes in Well

hopefully it'll run smoother now...

Sciz

trh said:
January 7, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Good news.

Icy

Banned
Required updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. Please run
hldsupdatetool to receieve the updates. The specific changes include:

- Added an option in the Options->Multiplayer dialog to filter custom
game files being downloaded from servers
- Fixed cases where ragdolls were falling through the world
- Graphics optimizations for mid and low end hardware
- Fixed players blocking doors in Well
- Fixed engineer building in exploit areas on final caps in Well
- Increased starting round timer to 10 minutes in Well

Updated.

Firestorm

anuary 7, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

*Added an option in the Options->Multiplayer dialog to filter custom game files being downloaded from servers
*Fixed players blocking doors in Well
*Fixed engineer building in exploit areas on final caps in Well
*Increased starting round timer to 10 minutes in Well

:O

yeb

Icy said:
- Fixed engineer building in exploit areas on final caps in Well
Do they mean the place up in the rafters? If so, good, that was a completely useless place for sentries and I hated when I saw teammates build up there. Hope the low-end optimizations are noticeable, too.

Also, I vote no crits. I have no preference with class limits; the annoyances of stupid teammates are offset by the fun of truly screwy teams.

Icy

Banned
yeb said:
Do they mean the place up in the rafters? If so, good, that was a completely useless place for sentries and I hated when I saw teammates build up there. Hope the low-end optimizations are noticeable, too.

Also, I vote no crits. I have no preference with class limits; the annoyances of stupid teammates are offset by the fun of truly screwy teams.

Yeah I'm at a point with people being stupid. Especially when they had the SG all the way uptop.. it was out of range for anything. wtf is the purpose? I was pretty hesitant with banning people before but now.. its all game.

Icy

Banned
giving it another week or so before I go further with it, to give people a change to get back from any vacations or holiday leave.

Icy

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Me too. There are a hundred places people can go for vanilla, this server was like a sanctuary from criticals.

so uh r u for or against the crits?? confused!

Davidion

I'm a fan of no crits with tad looser class restrictions.

Honestly, I feel like I've had less and less "wtf" deaths, and that imo is worth not getting lucky kills. I've ran into the class restrictions a couple of times, but it never irked me all that much; neither did I have trouble finding another class to play that was appropriate for the moment.

I'll live regardless; I'd like to think that the people for the most part makes the server, not the specs.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
all i want is class restrictions for spies and snipers, nothing worse than a team stacking up on either of those. don't really care about crits.

Firestorm

I just want class restrictions on engineers, spies, and snipers. The other classes really don't need it. Although it's frustrating not being able to switch to spy if you have two spies on the team who aren't doing their job.

I prefer criticals to the increased damage + no crits we used to have.

Capndrake

I'd prefer class restrictions on every class except on special occassions. Don't mind crits, I am a bit tired of turning a corner and getting 1-hit by a crit rocket as pretty much every class but Heavy, but that's just one of few attacks you can easily tell is a crit.

Are we using the new reserved slot priority where

donators > preferred > everyone else?

I'm still getting kicked off with the "reserved slot" message but I thought I had a reserved slot. I didn't need to make any changes to my .cfg files like in the old days of TFC did I?

Also: Horus = bleh

That middle point has too many columns. It makes it useless for anyone playing soldier/hw/medic.

Sciz

I'm not concerned about class restrictions, but please remove crits again. The satisfaction I get from landing one isn't nearly equivalent to the dissatisfaction that comes from being instagibbed every fourth death.

Server-wide instagib for the late night period would be fun, though.

Firestorm

The problem with your late night is that it's my primetime :lol Midnight Eastern - 3 AM Eastern is 9 PM - Midnight Pacific when I usually play with my friends.

RPhilMan1

Class restrictions are a must. And I could do without the crits, too.

EDIT: Oh and :lol for moving up 6,570 points and 7th place from 1,000 points earlier today.

rakka

ive no problem with class limits enabled or not, but would prefer no crits... or at least reduced damage crits

- Graphics optimizations for mid and low end hardware
i always play at 640x480 + lowest settings, i'll see how it runs after the update with a few things higher :lol

Icy

Banned
nakedsushi said:
Are we using the new reserved slot priority where

donators > preferred > everyone else?

I'm still getting kicked off with the "reserved slot" message but I thought I had a reserved slot. I didn't need to make any changes to my .cfg files like in the old days of TFC did I?

Also: Horus = bleh

That middle point has too many columns. It makes it useless for anyone playing soldier/hw/medic.

i gotta figure out why it keeps doing you like that.

firex

After playing some more on the server tonight, I'm in favor of anything with no crits. I just don't like crits, because they can be way too much of a momentum changer, and I'd rather a momentum changer be a well placed uber, a good team rush, etc. compared to what is essentially a favorable dice roll. Class restrictions can sometimes suck, but if it just had loose ones or restricted the sniper/spy/engineer trio like Firestorm (I think?) suggested that would be fine. Or even just restrict sniper/engineer, since those two classes make a team suck when there's too many of them, while other one-class-only teams are fun to do sometimes. Class restrictions aren't a big sticking point for me, though. Almost nothing I play has been off limits due to too many people playing that class, and it's not like I'd stop playing on the server if class limits were added back in like they were before.

I agree with hiding stat tracking though, if that's at all possible. It's fun to see the odd stuff (especially on the stats page) but it's annoying in game when people are more concerned with their rank/points than winning, though the two tend to work together a lot of the time.

After tonight, I think I prefer no crits or at least a less powerful version (actually that would be much more preferrable), I was kind of sick of turing a corner and getting smacked in the face by a crit rocket after respawning only seconds earlier, I dont ever remember them being that annoying. And I'm for loose class restrictions as well.

Kifimbo

The Storyteller said:
After tonight, I think I prefer no crits or at least a less powerful version (actually that would be much more preferrable), I was kind of sick of turing a corner and getting smacked in the face by a crit rocket after respawning only seconds earlier, I dont ever remember them being that annoying. And I'm for loose class restrictions as well.

Same here.

Won

Add a pro crit vote from me. Imho the game flows much better with crits. I can take one or two random crits a day for that.

I fucking hate crits. I've hated them since day one.

Someone needs to make a mod where a crit only occurs if you hit someone in the head.

I don't mind class restrictions as long as they aren't strict as hell.

Class limits are fine as long as there is no medic limit interfering with the night crew's fun.

I am fond of my medic target practice time.

Icy

Banned
Preferred Slots are going bye bye for the time being. No eta when they will return. Its causing an issue with the "reserved slots" for the donators. Want a slot? donate!

They have to do something about the 2nd two points in dustbowl. 2 engineers and a load of demoman = blue team never leaving the spawn area.

Icy

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
They have to do something about the 2nd two points in dustbowl. 2 engineers and a load of demoman = blue team never leaving the spawn area.

never had issues here. takes some fighting. but it can be done.

Firestorm

MrPing1000 said:

It's not that bad. They need some good Medics to keep you in like that. A good spy can take out the engies.

I'm not sure what counters demomen to be honest. Broken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom