• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Confidence Man said:
The scale is a little deceptive. When you're running around in it it's not that large an area.

And why is warpath always on if people hate sniper hell :/
I don't claim to like Warpath.

In fact, I claim to hate it with a firey passion.

Sciz

Confidence Man said:
The scale is a little deceptive. When you're running around in it it's not that large an area.

And why is warpath always on if people hate sniper hell :/

Because warpath is also demoman hell, and we have lots of dedicated demomen.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I've time'd out 3 times since the steam update today, whereas I have never timed out since the first day of tf2's release. Rather annoying.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I wish I knew why my PC keeps on freezing while playing this game :/ (Sometimes it just freezes the screen completly, sometimes freezes and repeats a load noise, and sometimes I get blue-screen memory dump). :(

Need more TF2! <3

zoku88

Corran Horn said:
I wish I knew why my PC keeps on freezing while playing this game :/ (Sometimes it just freezes the screen completly, sometimes freezes and repeats a load noise, and sometimes I get blue-screen memory dump). :(

Need more TF2! <3
Happens to me, too :-/

Davidion

Corran Horn said:

Need more TF2! <3

Has this only been happening since after the update?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Quick question...

Would it be possible to install my copy of TF2 on another one of my PCs and have both PCs play online simultaneously? I'd like to team up with a friend and play the game in CO-OP using two PCs, but I have a feeling that Steam won't allow the same copy of the game to play online using two computers at one time.

Has anyone tried this?

Icy

Banned
dark10x said:
Quick question...

Would it be possible to install my copy of TF2 on another one of my PCs and have both PCs play online simultaneously? I'd like to team up with a friend and play the game in CO-OP using two PCs, but I have a feeling that Steam won't allow the same copy of the game to play online using two computers at one time.

Has anyone tried this?

Will not work. Only 1 login on a steam account will be allowed to be active at any 1 time. Yu will need to purchase a 2nd copy of TF2 with a seperate login.

Icy

Banned
PotatoeMasher said:
If a decent Rock2 remake were out, my life would be ruined. That's my favorite map of all time.

I mean, poison gas!

go back some pages and you can see the pics.

Corran Horn

Davidion said:
Has this only been happening since after the update?

My PC will freeze randomly at times (usually on the web on certain sites or games, and recently doing TF2) for awhile now. Built the PC, so I figure there is something wrong with it. But the Blue Screen is new and only done so far with TF2, I just started playing so I don't know about before a patch. I just reformatted my PC so lets see if that fixes anything.

Jacobi

Banned
Corran Horn said:
My PC will freeze randomly at times (usually on the web on certain sites or games, and recently doing TF2) for awhile now. Built the PC, so I figure there is something wrong with it. But the Blue Screen is new and only done so far with TF2, I just started playing so I don't know about before a patch. I just reformatted my PC so lets see if that fixes anything.
Since you build your pc by your own you probably did, but do you always download the newest drivers?

1-D_FTW

Corran Horn said:

Are these sites with obnoxious flash ads that are taking tons of CPU cycles? Are you doing overclocking? Have you run memtest to make sure your RAM was error free? Those symptoms are common (under stress) if you have an overclock that is too high or if you have faulty RAM, so I'd definitely address those if you haven't yet.

Jacobi

Banned
Maybe new secondary weapons? But still, they're fucking asshats, come on! "Our estimate". Are you wizards or programmers? They need to get their shit together.

Capndrake

Icy, is it at all possible to make it impossible to play one map multiple times in a short timespan? We played Dustbowl THRICE in one hour today.

Also, start banning people who post inappropriate sprays.

Sciz

I also remember reading an interview that mentioned that they wanted to make the medic's syringes stick out of other players, so maybe that's coming too.

PillowKnight said:
WHAT ! Medic tweaks Oh shit. Only two more months.

Read it again. The Medic stuff is coming out prior to the new maps, so our time with the medic as we know it is even shorter (or perhaps longer, again taking into account Valve Time).

Corran Horn

1-D_FTW said:
Are these sites with obnoxious flash ads that are taking tons of CPU cycles? Are you doing overclocking? Have you run memtest to make sure your RAM was error free? Those symptoms are common (under stress) if you have an overclock that is too high or if you have faulty RAM, so I'd definitely address those if you haven't yet.

Ya I have updated drivers. The websites would just be normal websites. 1up.com would be the one that always killed my comp there alot tho. But its not always websites, I play FFXI and it would freeze on that too, not often but sometimes. Not overclocking. Memtest program gave me 0 errors. /shrug

edit:
Just tried to play it now after reformatting, first time while searching for servers I got blue screen. Restarted comp then tried again and pc just froze this time....sigh

any suggestions on what to check that might be busted? Im tempted to just build a new pc with a 8800gt :/

Davidion

Sciz said:
I also remember reading an interview that mentioned that they wanted to make the medic's syringes stick out of other players, so maybe that's coming too.

Poison syringes that drains HP.

You know it makes sense.

Javaman

Capndrake said:
Icy, is it at all possible to make it impossible to play one map multiple times in a short timespan? We played Dustbowl THRICE in one hour today.

Also, start banning people who post inappropriate sprays.

Admins have a tool that'll let them try out each of the players sprays. Just give one of them a shout and they'll probably take care of it if they are available.

WHAT ! Medic tweaks Oh shit. Only two more months.

Thank fuck they are doing something with medic. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the class needs a little more fun added to the recipe.

Hopefully they'll fix a lot of the other problems too. Here's hoping for some scout tweaks and an edit to the critical system so critical shots actually make sense.

n0b

Davidion said:
Poison syringes that drains HP.

You know it makes sense.
More like syringe nerfed because medic is overpowered. :p

vultureparade said:
Thank fuck they are doing something with medic. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the class needs a little more fun added to the recipe.
How dare you! D:<

Jacobi said:
2 months=3 years in "Valve time". I'm not joking.

Damn straight. We were promised the new achievement packs, starting with the medic's, at the beginning of December and at that time, they said they would come in the upcoming weeks.

yeb

cp_warpath0000.png

We had the most ridiculous match on Warpath last night. The map itself easily went on for over 2 hours, and the large majority of that was spent on the third round. No, that wasn't the end, that was when the middle point changed hands again and Java decided to have mercy on us.

You see that Xtasy guy on the red team? He was one of the first people to dominate me, near the start of the 3rd round... that was right about when he joined. You see TehMonkey on blue? I think he joined when we were pushed back to our last CP. 80+ points and one massive comeback later, it still wasn't close to over.

The map may get repetitive, but there's nothing more satisfying than getting a good enough push to actually take a point on Warpath. It almost feels like a different map type, like Hydro without the jarring transitions, and a slightly easier to defend final CP.

yeb

Firestorm said:
Warpath is a non-shitty version of Granary/Well.
I refuse to associate Warpath, one of my favorite maps, with those horrible things. I think I saw the middle point change hands more times in that one game on Warpath than I've seen in the past month on Well and Granary combined. The back-and-forth flow really does remind me more of Hydro.

WhatRuOn said:
does not compute
When the regular map cycle timer (1 hour?) is finished, the game won't switch until the current round is over. On Warpath, I've actually seen people stop fighting back on long rounds like that just to get the map to change; the only other way out is with RTV or admin powers.

Javaman

Some wierd screenshots from the last couple of days...

Insane enemy buildup.
6k58p3d.jpg

Strange turret kill. How can friendly turrets kill allies? Does their destruction cause damage?
8ggvqev.jpg

BOOOOOOM
6u689io.jpg

Heads-up heavy!
6uo9ent.jpg

Sciz

I think (and I could be wrong here) that the rockets fired by a sentry will hurt whoever they hit, friendly or not. Or it might be any attack from a sentry, since I know it's entirely possible to be killed by your own.

Firestorm

Sciz said:
I think (and I could be wrong here) that the rockets fired by a sentry will hurt whoever they hit, friendly or not. Or it might be any attack from a sentry, since I know it's entirely possible to be killed by your own.

Sentries can attack the builder if they're in the line of fire. It's like rockets by soldiers and grenades/sticky bombs by demomen.

Javaman

Sciz said:

Thing is though, I'm almost positive I've been clobbered by allied sentry rockets and bullets before without getting even a scratch. I think a whole lot more team kills would show up if rockets had some effect on allies.

firex

sentries only hurt the engineer who made them. My guess is that was a glitch or someone on top of the sentry when it blew up, since the explosion from a sentry can kill you.

firex said:
sentries only hurt the engineer who made them. My guess is that was a glitch or someone on top of the sentry when it blew up, since the explosion from a sentry can kill you.
I've never actually had that happen to me. Which is weird considering how many sentries i've destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom