• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People may hate, but...FF and TFC feel really dated in comparison. And I don't mean graphically. You may say "well duh, they're over 10 years old" but I don't think there's really any turning back for me.

jaask

Akia said:
My computer won't run the game. I can't even get to the title screen.
Have you tried adding a shortcut to the desktop for TF2 (by right clicking the game in the steam app) and then adding -window to the launch parameters?

Arg. I just finished upgrading my PC for this and I can't get it running for lack of a tiny sata power cable I need. I need to wait for it to ship too.

It refuses to start for me. When I try to launch it, a boc appears saying "Preparing to Launch Team Fortress 2" then nothing happens. :(

I also tried adding -window to the launch parameters and nothing changed.

11:38am I just woke up, time to get my TF2 on.

*edit* Annddd TF2 crashes anytime I try to load it. I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

6:49AM right before work: Valve owns so hard, this game is unbelievable. I am still in shock and will be all day at work. Valve reclaims the crown and is our new development overlords again. *bows*

MutFox

Banned
almost 4am pacific here...
Man this is fun...
PC Multiplayer is still king. :p

And I guess it was still Monday somewhere in the world when it released. :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Haha can't believe it came out at 8:30am in the UK. I was up at 2am with you guys when you were waiting for it. Must've been one hell of a wait for the next 6 hours!

Wollan

How does the gamer score work in this game? Points accumulated is dictated by kills..etc and not the achievements? Also, is there a max limit set for these things?

Lumine

Hmm, I suppose I just prefer a physical copy when spending $45. Also it's more convenient when re-installing. I hate having to download a whole game first when I just want to play a quick session.

Then again, the waiting hurts!

Forsete

So I already have HL2, Ep2 .. is it possible to pre-order just Ep2, TF2 and Portals and still get into the TF2 beta?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lumine said:
Hmm, I suppose I just prefer a physical copy when spending $45. Also it's more convenient when re-installing. I hate having to download a whole game first when I just want to play a quick session.

Then again, the waiting hurts!
It's all on steam anyway no matter what you do, so you might as well just make backups of the game files and use it when reinstalling.

Wollan

Anyone of you able to type ø in Steam? Ctrl+Alt+L supposedly but it doesn't work (anywere actually). Need it for my credit card info and it refuses to paste in details.

lexi

Banned
Holy shit this game is AWESOME.

Valve delivers! I've been playing this for the last three and a half hours and I primarily only played as medic! I love how every class has an awesome melee weapon that can pretty much near 1 hit most classes, sooo good!

MutFox

Banned
Forsete said:
Meh.. Fuck you Vavle. :(

No way I'm paying 45USD PLUS 25% Swedish VAT for something I already have (minus Ep2, Portals and TF2 :D ).

For less than the price of TF2 and Portal you get the Orange Box.
So worth it. :p

Just get it, you know you know it's worth it. :p

Damn, this game is amazing. I suck a heap at it, but it is LOADS of fun. It looks gorgeous. I'm surprised that it runs so well on my computer with pretty much all the highest settings.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I look at tre's steamcommunity tf2 stats and then i look at mine, then i begin to cry :lol

So bad, but such a good game. Fun times people!

This game is fucking awesome! Damn you Valve this be my doom haven't had this much with an online FPS in ages.

It does look ugly on my PC, I need a new PC fast!

CoLaN

i love Valve

I got an "old" 3200+ athlon 64, 2gb of RAM and a x850xt and it run sooo smoth at high details its gorgeous....even with a lot of action on the screen :D

Aegus

I absolutely adore this game. My favourite class by far is the Pyro. I just like setting fire to things and If you manage to ambush a group of players all hell breaks loose! I managed to sneak up on a group of 6 people (including 2 heavies and a healing medic). Within 5 seconds they were all toasted due to an insane amount of critical hits. I'm guessing the Crit rate increases as you set more people alight.:D

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I wonder what the FF guys think about this.

(checks out their forums)

Apparently TF2 is for children and "the worst FPS released in 12 years." :lol

I wonder what the FF guys think about this.

(checks out their forums)

Apparently TF2 is for children and "the worst FPS released in 12 years." :lol

you expected anything more from them?

you will never, NEVER please all fanatical hardcores of any game, with a sequel.

so fuck em they have theirs, we have ours.

game on.

Akia

I can tell that you guys are having fun. This thread is like dead.

I'll just keep refreshing everyone's TF2 stats.

:(

Akia said:
I can tell that you guys are having fun. This thread is like dead.

I'll just keep refreshing everyone's TF2 stats.

im getting ready for work, GOD i wish this was 1 day ago, when I had off all day *shakefist*

Jenga

Banned
After some more intense rounds, I take it back. TF2 is awesome in its own way. Mowing down 5 people as a heavy was probably my first big highlight so far.

Rur0ni

darkressurection said:
SO did they just unlock the full game basically?
I'd think so. Oct 10th release? That's like 3 weeks from now. Need at least 1.5 weeks for gold copies to be stamped or whatnot for worldwide release.

Jenga

Banned
darkressurection said:
SO did they just unlock the full game basically?
Basically. However, they'll probably being giving out some patches from here to the real release. Stuff like bug fixes, and maybe optimizations.

the character animation is really impressive. The game looks a lot better than I expected.

Are all the maps accessible with this "beta" ?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I can't wait to get back from work and own everyone. Yeah, I'm talking shit about a game that I haven't even fully DLed yet. What are you going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom