• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
2vslnxg.jpg

2ywtzbm.jpg

2aj0to5.jpg

n2y7pz.jpg

302udmc.jpg

x3fiwz.jpg

32zusnm.jpg

10hkgpf.jpg

11vqvxg.jpg

Sudden-death with all scouts is beyond hilarious.

Volcynika

Uh, WTF was up with TF2 tonight? My ping was like 50 and stayed there, but it was still stuttering near to the point of being unplayable as an action class, so I just stayed engineer.

Cheeto

Volcynika said:
Uh, WTF was up with TF2 tonight? My ping was like 50 and stayed there, but it was still stuttering near to the point of being unplayable as an action class, so I just stayed engineer.
Hmm, I'm wondering if having both servers full around the same time caused it. Shouldn't have because they are running on 2 dual-core 2ghz xeon processors... Anyone else experience this?

Volcynika

Cheeto said:
Hmm, I'm wondering if having both servers full around the same time caused it. Shouldn't have because they are running on 2 dual-core 2ghz xeon processors... Anyone else experience this?

Something else that bugged me was that me and Javaman were on another server (FLans or something) and they were experiencing the same problems. An admin was there and checked things, and nothing stood out as wrong.

Cheeto

Volcynika said:
Something else that bugged me was that me and Javaman were on another server (FLans or something) and they were experiencing the same problems. An admin was there and checked things, and nothing stood out as wrong.
That's weird...well just in case...I'm going to start binding each server process to its own cpu, hopefully that should solve any problem linux is having in distributing the load.

Doytch

OK, they really need to do something about the demo. I don't play it much, maybe around 17hr total, and this is what I just did on dustbowl, basically spamming nades.

23vhith.jpg

hrabl3.jpg

I think I died twice in that round. Maybe three, but I don't think so.

Cheeto

Doytch said:
OK, they really need to do something about the demo. I don't play it much, maybe around 17hr total, and this is what I just did on dustbowl, basically spamming nades.

[IMG.]http://i37.tinypic.com/23vhith.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG.]http://i34.tinypic.com/hrabl3.jpg[/IMG]

I agree. Here's a shot I took of one of my demoman rampages.
(one round)
cp_dustbowl0001.jpg

Twig

Banned
That's more a fault of Dustbowl than Demoman...

Just one of the many, many, many reasons Dustbowl isn't the end-all, be-all of official maps!

Milabrega

So i joined LMS right now and the people instantly votekick me out, wats up with that?

Edit: Looks like its a small group thats kicking everyone who joins been watching it on server stats.

aznpxdd

TheOneGuy said:

Just one of the many, many, many reasons Dustbowl isn't the end-all, be-all of official maps!

Pretty much. I get 5:1 K/D ratio with Demo quite easily on Dustbowl 3. Its just that infamous corner of death. I'm joining in with the e-penis stroking.

cp_dustbowl0068.jpg

Doytch said:

<screens>

Wows, 11 dominations. That's really impressive considering you only have 17 hours with him. But , as mentioned above, I don't think it's demos as much as it is the map. That corner is retarded in design, and the only other way through is a death hole. Worst part is the only way to make a decent push is to play counter-demo. Although, the demo are overpowered argument is growing on me. Specially their ability to one hit kill things with a single explosive.

Most of my demo screencaps aren't that great mostly 4:1s and 5:1s, so i'll instead put up this gorgeous overhead shot of Lumberyard.

arena_lumberyard0005.jpg

Davidion

Man, those were some nice games on F7 tonight. Feels good to have a few games in with the old team. Well, the new old team. :lol

I kinda like Badwater now. :lol

Doytch

PillowKnight said:
Wows, 11 dominations. That's really impressive considering you only have 17 hours with him. But , as mentioned above, I don't think it's demos as much as it is the map. That corner is retarded in design, and the only other way through is a death hole. Worst part is the only way to make a decent push is to play counter-demo. Although, the demo are overpowered argument is growing on me. Specially their ability to one hit kill things with a single explosive.

I dunno, I mean, as long as the other team isn't really coordinated, it's not that hard to absolutely lock down the house on the left side (from defense's pov) with one demo. Stickies by the health kit, and just spam the nades across like hellfire. That's my problem with the demo: that a single one can really lock down a point like that.

And I think 4 of those dominations were in the first two parts as Pyro.

Doytch said:
I dunno, I mean, as long as the other team isn't really coordinated, it's not that hard to absolutely lock down the house on the left side (from defense's pov) with one demo. Stickies by the health kit, and just spam the nades across like hellfire. That's my problem with the demo: that a single one can really lock down a point like that.

And I think 4 of those dominations were in the first two parts as Pyro.
Well...not exactly. Most classes can counter a lone demo in that situation by using their sticky moving abilities, the demo's reload time in itself keeps demos from rampaging. Let me rephrase my argument against that part of dustbowl. The demo is a class that is designed to defeat enemies in cover, on that map, there is nothing but 'cover'. Blu is forced to stay behind the corner, since any competent teams will have snipers, demos, heavies, sentries; in waiting, all around the bend.

Javaman

Davidion said:
Man, those were some nice games on F7 tonight. Feels good to have a few games in with the old team. Well, the new old team. :lol

I kinda like Badwater now. :lol

GAF representin'
33l2wrr.jpg

Cheeto, you sneaky bastard
2wh41ao.jpg

Volcynika

Great games on F7 tonight

cp_steel0002.jpg

We did the EPIC SCOUT RUSH on E on Steel, too.

Oh yeah, connection problems were pretty non existent tonight! Though I still have those little 3 second or so freezes in movement, which pretty much dooms me as a sniper if I'm in someone's sights. But I dealt with some interesting matches here and there. Though I have to keep on working with getting the advantage on aiming against another sniper. All about reaction time.

Davidion

Javaman said:
GAF representin']

I like how a certain mod just sneaks in all stealth like.

Got shot in the head and thought the icon looked a little familiar. :lol

PillowKnight said:
Well...not exactly. Most classes can counter a lone demo in that situation by using their sticky moving abilities, the demo's reload time in itself keeps demos from rampaging. Let me rephrase my argument against that part of dustbowl. The demo is a class that is designed to defeat enemies in cover, on that map, there is nothing but 'cover'. Blu is forced to stay behind the corner, since any competent teams will have snipers, demos, heavies, sentries; in waiting, all around the bend.

That, and it's too easy for the Demo to hold a choke point with instant kill firepower without keeping himself exposed, not to mention mind one area while simultaneously locking another.

These are unique class advantages that absolutely wreak havoc when you've a choke point with no alternative routes to pass. Maps like Dustbowl just play to that advantage a little too well.

I think Valve would do well to open up the last point a little with some alternative routes, at the first and/or second cap of the third section.

aznpxdd said:
Pretty much. I get 5:1 K/D ratio with Demo quite easily on Dustbowl 3. Its just that infamous corner of death. I'm joining in with the e-penis stroking.

cp_dustbowl0068.jpg

Honestly, scoring that high as demo -- or anybody -- on a 32 man 24/7 instant respawn Dustbowl server isn't impressive. =\

Won

TheOneGuy said:

Believe it or not, for many players this is exactly the reason why Dustbowl is so awesome. Chokepoints of doom and destruction......

Cheeto

Won said:
Yeah....NO!

But I do hate everyone who wants to lose part 2 only to get to part 3. Idiots.
Part 3 sucks...I hate it...and given that most servers play instant or fast respawn makes it suck even more. Part 1 and 2 for life!

Davidion

Cheeto said:
Part 3 sucks...I hate it...and given that most servers play instant or fast respawn makes it suck even more. Part 1 and 2 for life!

Part 1 and part 2 really are better. I honestly see more total defense dominations or completely offensive steamroll/sneak caps on part 3 than balanced struggles.

aznpxdd

SenseiJinx said:
Honestly, scoring that high as demo -- or anybody -- on a 32 man 24/7 instant respawn Dustbowl server isn't impressive. =\

Its not instant respawn.

Heh, and you're wrong...don't be acting getting 5:1 K/D ratio is a cakewalk with any class. eGo has a lot of quality players.

1up

Are you guys playing on LMS still or a different server now? Everytime I try to play on LMS, it has 0 people playing. D: Stupid east coast.

Davidion

1up said:
Are you guys playing on LMS still or a different server now? Everytime I try to play on LMS, it has 0 people playing. D: Stupid east coast.

Just add us as friends and hit the friends server list when everyone else is on. This is how I've been playing recently. Most people here stick to pretty good servers.

I know for a fact that at least Kaktheinfected, Javaman, Fallengorn, and myself are east coast, so that shouldn't be a concern.

Volcynika

1up said:

We've been playing on F7Lans or w/e sometimes. Mila tried to join LMS yesterday, but a group of people were votekicking everyone.

Davidion

Volcynika said:
We've been playing on F7Lans or w/e sometimes. Mila tried to join LMS yesterday, but a group of people were votekicking everyone.

What's w/e? And what the hell happened to LMS?

Oh, were you the one complaining about not being able to snipe anyone yesterday? :lol Was trying to focus so I couldn't tell.

Davidion said:
Just add us as friends and hit the friends server list when everyone else is on. This is how I've been playing recently. Most people here stick to pretty good servers.

I know for a fact that at least Kaktheinfected, Javaman, Fallengorn, and myself are east coast, so that shouldn't be a concern.
Yea, this is how I do it. When playing a game with a bunch of guys a few nights ago, I just spam-friended everyone that I recognized. And now since then, when I see a shitload of friends playing TF2, I just join that server.

Volcynika

Davidion said:
What's w/e? And what the hell happened to LMS?

Oh, were you the one complaining about not being able to snipe anyone yesterday? :lol Was trying to focus so I couldn't tell.

WHATEVER. :p But that's where Java goes sometimes, and I know PillowKnight and others go to CircleX too. Nah, I didn't complain about being able to snipe anyone, I think I wouldn't be able to complain about that ;)

And for LMS, I heard Blood is being a bit power abusive (yes it's his server, but still), and a lot of the time you can't find people on it until evening.

Javaman

Volcynika said:
WHATEVER. :p But that's where Java goes sometimes, and I know PillowKnight and others go to CircleX too. Nah, I didn't complain about being able to snipe anyone, I think I wouldn't be able to complain about that ;)

And for LMS, I heard Blood is being a bit power abusive (yes it's his server, but still), and a lot of the time you can't find people on it until evening.

Yeah, Lately I've been hitting up Circlex and F7lans, the former because there's usually at least one GAFer on and the latter because I get a good ping. Most of the time I just view the Friend's tab on servers and jump on the one with the most familiar players.

Sciz

Javaman said:
Most of the time I just view the Friend's tab on servers and jump on the one with the most familiar players.
Likewise. And if those servers all happen to be full then I hang out on the OCRemix server, which generally has a good game going.

Cheeto

Javaman said:
Yeah, Lately I've been hitting up Circlex and F7lans, the former because there's usually at least one GAFer on and the latter because I get a good ping. Most of the time I just view the Friend's tab on servers and jump on the one with the most familiar players.
What about mine :((((

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Davidion said:

I'm on the East Coast too.

I need to add Cheeto's server to my faves.

Besides LMS, CircleX gaming servers are my most played. I got hooked on them after StalkerU always joined them and I would follow.

1up is usually in the PennyArcade servers but they always are full when I sign on :(

Strawman

Got my new gaming rig this week and am downloading this as I speak. Im graduating up from PS3 TF2 so Im well looking forward to playing the "proper" version :)

Davidion

Oldschoolgamer said:
I'm on the East Coast too.

OMG MEET UP!

Admittedly, I would be kind of weirded out if I found out that a whole bunch of people are in the NYC metro area. I was a little bewildered when I found out Fallen lives around here. :lol

What area are you in?

Cheeto said:
What about mine :((((

Yeah I want to play on your server. We ought to organize a game or two.

Oreoleo

omgimaninja said:
1up is usually in the PennyArcade servers but they always are full when I sign on :(

I had my worst ever TF2 experience on the 1up server and I'll never play on there ever again. John Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory was being proven in full force that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom