• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rass

man i love this game and pc gaming in general, i feel so lttp...

just turned every option possible to its highest setting on 1080p with vsync and getting a butterry 60fps. Love it :)

MNC

Hazaro said:
Don't know if anyone cares, but here's a demo of me playing for a bit on eXo.

Some sniper stuff, a little bit of spy, then some Heavy. After it is Blu(Me) vs RED on Dustbowl3 as Soldier :lol (Might want to skip past the first point)
Then more sniper. Think I finished in top 3 most of the time, did pretty well overall. You can see me have good moments sniping, then total suckage sometimes :lol It comes and goes except for that time on Mach 4.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ltyz2zzwnyg

How to play:
1) unrar the .dem and place it in
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\ID NAME\team fortress 2\tf
2) Open TF2, yes open, not drag it
3) Hit Shift + F2 (Or go into console and type 'demoui' or 'demoui2'
4) Load the map and play it

I doubt alot of people will go through the trouble to play this, so:

1) type startmovie [avifilenameyouwant] avi, select Microsoft Video 1 (atleast, that's what I pick for L4D)
2) playdemo <demofile>
3) wait til it ends
4) type stopmovie
5) edit your avi file in your tf2 folder
6) upload to youtube
7) share

Sorry, but I don't know alot of people who watch a demo file of someone else... It's alot easier for the person to upload it to youtube, so others can watch it in a jiffy.

ice cream

Banned
Cheeto said:
term used in other games when players have other players relay information over voice to team-mates while they're dead or whatever
but when watching source tv couldn't a clan tell a random friend to watch their source tv channel and tell them where the enemies are by being in the same ventrillo/teamspeak server?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MNC said:
I doubt alot of people will go through the trouble to play this, so:

1) type startmovie [avifilenameyouwant] avi, select Microsoft Video 1 (atleast, that's what I pick for L4D)
2) playdemo <demofile>
3) wait til it ends
4) type stopmovie
5) edit your avi file in your tf2 folder
6) upload to youtube
7) share

Sorry, but I don't know alot of people who watch a demo file of someone else... It's alot easier for the person to upload it to youtube, so others can watch it in a jiffy.
Yeah I know the process, but don't want to go through the hassle of it now :lol

I haven't used MV1 before though, the encoder is pretty picky. If it doesn't like what I do it crashes.

What res do you record at?

Red Scarlet

ice cream said:
but when watching source tv couldn't a clan tell a random friend to watch their source tv channel and tell them where the enemies are by being in the same ventrillo/teamspeak server?

If it's similar to Counter-Strike, the tv channel is delayed by 30 seconds-3 minutes for tournament matches.

MNC

Hazaro said:
Yeah I know the process, but don't want to go through the hassle of it now :lol

I haven't used MV1 before though, the encoder is pretty picky. If it doesn't like what I do it crashes.

What res do you record at?
Oh, sorry :lol Usually 800x600 plus MV1, because the encoder can be a real bitch, some things are insane filesizes, some are really glitchy (though that sometimes is the demo)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MNC117

All videos have been done like this.

Edit: Also, I don't think TF2 has an official source tv thing, only the ingame spectator mode.

undrtakr900

^Pretty kool, btw what server did you play on? All the servers I play on everyone is just quiet all the time and rarely ever speaks or just doesn't have a mic to begin with.
iam.rass said:
thankyou so so so very much

also, I just added a couple of you who had your IDs on this page -- im rushmcx on steam
No prob, Add undrtakr900 on Steam =)

rass

undrtakr900 said:
^Pretty kool, btw what server did you play on? All the servers I play on everyone is just quiet all the time and rarely ever speaks or just doesn't have a mic to begin with.No prob, Add undrtakr900 on Steam =)
done

also, is there a way to use my wired 360 headset with a pc? if not then what headset do ppl recommend?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: hl2.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 470c11ae
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00010136
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1036
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
TF2 MMO
"TF_MMO_LFG" "Looking For Group"
"TF_MMO_Quest1" "You must kill %s1 %s2 to complete this quest."
"TF_MMO_Monster1" "Boars"
"TF_MMO_Monster2" "Rats"
"TF_MMO_Monster3" "Bats"
"TF_MMO_Monster4" "Wolves"
"TF_MMO_Monster5" "Spiders"​
}

Was found in some file!!

Valve just trolling the people who dig around the files for info, from what I've heard it changes Egypt a little and some other stuff.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol @ troll by Valve. Good work by them.

And yeah, Egypt health and ammo packs have been moved around as well as some paths.

MNC

Ikuu said:
TF2 MMO
"TF_MMO_LFG" "Looking For Group"
"TF_MMO_Quest1" "You must kill %s1 %s2 to complete this quest."
"TF_MMO_Monster1" "Boars"
"TF_MMO_Monster2" "Rats"
"TF_MMO_Monster3" "Bats"
"TF_MMO_Monster4" "Wolves"
"TF_MMO_Monster5" "Spiders"​
}

Was found in some file!!

Valve just trolling the people who dig around the files for info, from what I've heard it changes Egypt a little and some other stuff.
:lol Awesome. I would hold no objections to a tf2 MMO :O

Twig

Banned
Well, I think I remember Gabe saying in an interview at one point that he'd be interested in making an MMO...

I would also play the hell out of a TF2 MMO.

undrtakr900

Hey guys has Valve released any word on when the Sniper update-- or the "customization" update will come out?

Right now I have TF2 uninstalled(taking a break) but will re-install once either update comes out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
undrtakr900 said:
Hey guys has Valve released any word on when the Sniper update-- or the "customization" update will come out?

Right now I have TF2 uninstalled(taking a break) but will re-install once either update comes out.
When it's done.

My guess is 1-3 weeks for the hats and stuff, then another 1-3 for Sniper stuff.

Javaman

:lol :lol :lol
Have you guys seen the crushbox in Egypt?

Another guy and I were leaving the first spawn as attackers right when blue captured the very first point. We got locked up in a room and I thought it was a bug until the ceiling came crunching down.

speedpop

Egypt is nuts now. Defending that for the first time without attacking and everyone is going "what the fuck!?" "watch out for every hole!"

undrtakr900

I only play Egypt once before 1v1(fake player count server =/) didn't like it much, but I'll have to try it again to see what changes they made....not that I remember the pre-patch level much anyways.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
1o5feq.gif

From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvbBpdR_Ds&fmt=22

They know their audience, that's for sure. An interesting solution to the Sniper complaints, I didn't think they'd make range a major concern of the Rifle unlock.

firex

I hope it's kind of like the steyr-aug in CS or something, if it's going to be less long range than the regular rifle.

speedpop

Sounds good.

I love the fact that Valve can take a bash at themselves, yet at the same time promote fanmods of things they created.

Cheeto

TheOneGuy said:
*awaits the "rifle unlock is pointless, completely kills the point of being a sniper!" comments*
They've completely ruined the sniper class, I'm quiting TF2 and life altogether now...thanks valve.

firex

fallout said:
The new sniper weapon is totally useless and the game is broken because everyone uses it.
I agree, it's useless and
f2ke3t603.png

what the hell pip boy, why you gotta be a child molester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom