• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waku

God damn, after setteling into the Game i now discovered that i FRICKIN LOVE all Class. :lol

...except Sniper, i never had the accuracy for a Sniper anyway. Incredible, Valve did it again. Ep2 has to be the best thing since sliced bread to beat TF2 to GOTY.

Only thing that drives me crazy sometimes are when your dead and see people clearly just going for fucking frags instead of caping an orphan Check point.

traveler

Not Wario
Quellex said:
How often is it you get headshotted by the franchises creator? :lol
53tvnl5.jpg
That's awesome! How did he play? :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It just occurred to me that a sniper would be far more effective if he had a scout working as a spotter with voice comm. Shot charging means staying in scope for a while and it's really hard to pick up targets outside your watched area that way. You could also bait people by having them chase the scout into the sniper's firing zone.

big black woman said:
no luck there, and i tried ending the "gameoverlayui.exe" process, pre-ordered for nothing i guess...

Hum the gameoverlayui.exe only runs if you have Ingame Community enabled, and you can disable that in the options.

Mattc007

Guys, I'm tired of being killed/killing random strangers. I'd much rather do that to random GAFers. Add Mattc007 to your buddy lists and give me a shout out, I'll be on at 7ish CST. We should get a good match going sometime soon.

Victrix

*beard*
TF2 update, restart it

changelist

[-] September 20, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Linux Dedicated Server beta release
Disabled the loading of background maps
Bug fixes
Fixed not being able to issue rcon commands with empty strings like: rcon sv_password
Fixed refresh rate video mode issue
Fixed crash on opening the scoreboard after having changed between windowed and fullscreen
Fixed a hitch problem related to mouse updates happening too frequently
Fixed sentry muzzleflashes not drawing unless sentry was near the map origin
Fixed a crash during loading while starting the game in fullscreen mode
Exploit fix related to "join_team".

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Victrix said:
TF2 update, restart it

changelist

Changes/Additions
Bug fixes
Fixed not being able to issue rcon commands with empty strings like: rcon sv_password
Fixed crash on opening the scoreboard after having changed between windowed and fullscreen

Wow, stealth edit as I hit reply.

Was gonna say we were playing on the first and only Linux server against the Valve people :lol

theultimo

Victrix said:
TF2 update, restart it

changelist

Changes/Additions
Bug fixes
Does this fix the FUllscreen crash problem on Radeons? I always have to start up as -window.

EDIT: YES IT DOES!

lexi

Banned
What's the verdict on friendly fire? Do most of you guys play with it off? I can't even imagine it being on, there's so much potential for collateral damage.

lockii said:
What's the verdict on friendly fire? Do most of you guys play with it off? I can't even imagine it being on, there's so much potential for collateral damage.

TF is stupid with FF on and anyone who uses it is a big stupid doodie head.

lexi

Banned
Well I've heard people who play spies complain when they find the server has FF off. Saying it makes spies 'useless'. Needless to say this pisses me off, how fucking godlike do they want to be? I think any disadvantage spies get from having FF off is negated by their invisibility.

"Well I've heard people who play spies complain when they find the server has FF off. Saying it makes spies 'useless'. Needless to say this pisses me off, how fucking godlike do they want to be? I think any disadvantage spies get from having FF off is negated by their invisibility."

Most people who play spies are complete retards who just want the OOH STEALTH kills. Very few of them actually play a spy in a constructive manner beyond knifing people and then running away.

lockii said:
Well I've heard people who play spies complain when they find the server has FF off. Saying it makes spies 'useless'. Needless to say this pisses me off, how fucking godlike do they want to be? I think any disadvantage spies get from having FF off is negated by their invisibility.

What the fuck? FF off is just about the only way to defend against a spy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE!

Yes since the patch has hit, restart steam to update etc etc. There was a steam update and a TF2 update. So make sure you get it!

evlcookie said:
MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE!

Yes since the patch has hit, restart steam to update etc etc. There was a steam update and a TF2 update. So make sure you get it!

Changelog:

Changes/Additions:

- Linux Dedicated Server beta release
- Disabled the loading of background maps

Bug fixes:

- Fixed not being able to issue rcon commands with empty strings like: rcon sv_password
- Fixed refresh rate video mode issue
- Fixed crash on opening the scoreboard after having changed between windowed and fullscreen
- Fixed a hitch problem related to mouse updates happening too frequently
- Fixed sentry muzzleflashes not drawing unless sentry was near the map origin
- Fixed a crash during loading while starting the game in fullscreen mode
- Exploit fix related to "join_team".

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I'm getting 'Bad Password' now after being kicked from that jerky lagfest server, so what's the deal now?

cbodom

man this game is terrible, sh1t compared to qwtf

- why the respawn timer? nothing more lame then getting sniped on 2fort trying to leave your base. yea, ya know, actually moving in the game not hiding in some stupid corner then sitting out 15secs.

- where are the grenades? how are people supposed to fight off 3 enemies without the conc, smoke, or anything?

a disappointment coming from a long time q1tf player... it does look real cool cartony, but the gameplay is meh.

cbodom said:

- why the respawn timer? nothing more lame then getting sniped on 2fort trying to leave your base. yea, ya know, actually moving in the game not hiding in some stupid corner then sitting out 15secs.

- where are the grenades? how are people supposed to fight off 3 enemies without the conc, smoke, or anything?

a disappointment coming from a long time q1tf player... it does look real cool cartony, but the gameplay is meh.

This game is not for u, try TFC or Fortress Forever.

ps - net_graph will give u other info as well as fps, if u just want fps try, cl_showfps 1

cbodom said:

The spawn timer is disappointing, and there is a serious issue with dealing with multiple opponents. Hopefully these two things can be resolved in the future.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I can't stress enough how overpowered the Scout is. He is supposed to emphasize speed. He is not an offense class.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
GG's Kamakazi, Mr ping and Pillow knight (or anyone else I forgot to mention). We totally owned that server tonight :D though we should really get some proper euro events going with just Gaffers!

"I can't stress enough how overpowered the Scout is. He is supposed to emphasize speed. He is not an offense class."

Yes and no. The scout IS an offensive class, but it's supposed to be offense centered around speed. The developer commentary makes it sound as if they were trying to make the scout have a wide spread requiring close range combat, but also a low rate of fire so that he'd have to retreat often. There currently is *no* need for a scout to retreat at all, the rate of fire is too fast, meaning the scout can get in 2-3 blasts in no problem which is enough to take down anything but a heavy.

"- where are the grenades? how are people supposed to fight off 3 enemies without the conc, smoke, or anything?"

It's a team game. You work with your team and not try to do everything by yourself. This is where it differs from what TF and its remakes ended up as.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Ordered 2x1GB DDR2 crucial memory @ 667mhz for my laptop, 2x512MB just wasnt enough, freaking long load times and it always seemed to scan the HDD for memory, performances werent bad, just not enough.

Cryect

cbodom said:

So death has a penalty and prevents endless rushing for defense. It could be a little shorter, but on certain maps your spawn timer actually changes based on how well your team is doing (as low as 5 seconds I've seen).

cbodom said:

You really think you are supposed to be able to take on 3 people at once? Listen to the commentaries and they explain why they were removed.

This latest patch has caused a problem with the windows Dedicated server apparently, causing nasty jittering.

Also:

*******************THERE IS NOW A NEOGAF TF2 SERVER*****************

IcyDeath has kindly setup a dedicated named NeoGAF - Official NeoGAF 24 Man TF2 24/7 BELIEVE.

IP is 66.55.131.183:27015
Password is: neogaf2k7 unless he removes the password in which case it should be just public.

Currently the server IS on the windows dedicated server resulting in the nasty jittering, but Icy has said he'll be switching it to linux soon.

So be sure to give your thanks to him.

lexi

Banned
"This latest patch has caused a problem with the windows Dedicated server apparently, causing nasty jittering."

Source?

Dr.Acula

Banned
The source is me, after playing on IcyDeath's server. Hopefully they patch it soon, as it stands right now, it's near unplayable.

Dr.Acula

Banned
lockii said:
Shit :| I was looking forward to a nice weekend of TF2-age, please let them patch this shit quickly.

It's no biggie, most servers are linux I think, at least most of the ones I ping well to.

Coop

140.85 said:
I can't stress enough how overpowered the Scout is. He is supposed to emphasize speed. He is not an offense class.

No kidding, I took out a Heavy, Medic, and a Engineer with a bat in about 10 seconds.* :lo

*I did use my shotgun a little bit*l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom