• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

I'm up for some TF2 lovin' tonight although I might disappear and pop up in some other random games. I can actually play some of the newer games I picked up on steam. Red Faction Guerrilla finally lets me get past the menu. :lol

Goals for tonight...
Load up 2 or 3 custom maps,
Set up Rar as an admin.
Kill Twig

I need to figure out a way to link the gametracker stats to the MOTD when connecting to the server.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
I'm up for some TF2 lovin' tonight although I might disappear and pop up in some other random games. I can actually play some of the newer games I picked up on steam. Red Faction Guerrilla finally lets me get past the menu. :lol

Goals for tonight...
Load up 2 or 3 custom maps,
Set up Rar as an admin.
Kill Twig

I need to figure out a way to link the gametracker stats to the MOTD when connecting to the server.
You should make me an admin so I can noclip all the time like weeeee.

I mean so I can kick tools from the server.

Javaman

Twig said:

I don't know if I can even trust you with RTV let alone Slay and noclip. :eek:P

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:

It's true, he would noclip all the time while using the eyelander. Twig can never become admin unless I become admin. It is like yin and yang that must cancel each other out, or the world would be destroyed! *edit* Too slow, Java already knows it. :lol

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
I don't know if I can even trust you with RTV let alone Slay and noclip. :eek:P
I only call for RTV when the map sucks. Solution: remove sucky maps from the server! Dustbowl, 2fort, Badwater. BEGONE.

As for slaying and noclipping, I would do neither if the server was actually populated unless I knew no one would care.

But I don't actually want admin. Too much responsibility. BEGONE.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Twig said:
I only call for RTV when the map sucks. Solution: remove sucky maps from the server! Dustbowl, 2fort, Badwater. BEGONE.

As for slaying and noclipping, I would do neither if the server was actually populated unless I knew no one would care.

But I don't actually want admin. Too much responsibility. BEGONE.
You're getting sniped tonight.

Boonoo

I agree with Twig's Dustbowl hate. It's no fun to try and scoot around that map D:
Now gravelpit and badlands, those are maps.

Jangaroo

I'm still in class so I can't jump in anytime soon. I'll definitely try to fit in a few rounds tonight though.

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
I agree with Twig's Dustbowl hate. It's no fun to try and scoot around that map D:
Those are the best stock maps, it's true.

I was about to jump in but no one is there! And now I'm going to fix dinner!

I'd like to play more often, but it kept crashing to desktop each time I died last night. Might have been something with F7, though, as I had no problems the night before on Java's server.

I really need to just pony up and build/buy a new computer. Anxious to see performance of the Mac version, as that might get me to pull the trigger sooner.

Javaman

Well shit. 64megs maps is the max for DLing from the server. I'm going to have to open a ticket with support to see how I can increase that. All the good maps are 70+megs

fallout

Boonoo said:
I'm actually on-board with the Dustbowl hate. The paths are too straight and Stage 2, Point B gets kind of tiring.

notsol337

marked forever
I need more time to play this with you guys, gah. I <3 <3 TF2 but school has been pretty annoying, and fixing up my new old Dell server has been a chore! I should be around more this week though, unless Perfect Dark steals away all my time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:(
Why do I keep on crashing randomly?
Not sure if it's just this server (though it happens more frequently)...

Basically, I'll be on a map, and then there'd be distorted sound, the game would freeze, and the screen would just go blank as if I had turned it off and turned it back on. My PC would still be running though. I'd have to restart, load up steam, join the server again...

Argh...

Oreoleo

notsol337 said:
I should be around more this week though, unless Perfect Dark steals away all my time.
This is worrisome for me as well :D Just sent you a friend request!

rar said:
couldnt get enough people to play :(

I just got home from work. I'll throw down right now if anyone else wants to.

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
Hah, I just noticed this, but on F7's stats page NeoGAF is now officially recognized as a clan :p

Check it out: http://stats.f7lans.com/hlstats.php?mode=claninfo&clan=55

Edit: Wow, Toronto-GAF has a huge presence in TF2.
Do they track by steam id or by name? i.e. if I changed to [GAF]Twig (which I really have no intention of doing), would my stats be reset or would it immediately recognize me as a member of the "clan"?

EDIT: Haha, favorite weapon: knife.

Oreoleo

Twig said:
Do they track by steam id or by name? i.e. if I changed to [GAF]Twig (which I really have no intention of doing), would my stats be reset or would it immediately recognize me as a member of the "clan"?

EDIT: Haha, favorite weapon: knife.

It keeps track by your Steam ID number. At the bottom of a person's stat page you can see all the different aliases the person has used on the server.

The knife thing is weird. It's listed as my personal most-used weapon for some reason even though spy is one of my 3 least played classes.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Jangaroo said:
My favorite weapon is Sasha :lol?

I noticed we've been on the clans list for quite a while.

And my 'favorite weapon' is the knife right now, after some hefty Spy hours logged in the last few days, so I doubt it's an 'all time favorite weapon', because my hours for Spy are pretty tiny.

And playing Medic is brutal to your kpd%.

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
It keeps track by your Steam ID number. At the bottom of a person's stat page you can see all the different aliases the person has used on the server.

The knife thing is weird. It's listed as my personal most-used weapon for some reason even though spy is one of my 3 least played classes.
Man my stats are terrible compared to your guys'.

This is why GAF server needs no stats or rankings. ;_;

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
:(
Why do I keep on crashing randomly?
Not sure if it's just this server (though it happens more frequently)...

Basically, I'll be on a map, and then there'd be distorted sound, the game would freeze, and the screen would just go blank as if I had turned it off and turned it back on. My PC would still be running though. I'd have to restart, load up steam, join the server again...

Argh...

Are you having trouble with any other 3d game? I wonder if your video card is overheating.

Blizzard

Banned
Vista 64 home premium is going to make me lose my mind. I've been back to it since the Vista 7 64 RC ran out, and I don't know if my video card is breaking or what, but it feels like things are just getting worse. FPS in TF2 (singlecore rendering) drops to 30-40 fps at times, especially on 32 player servers outside. This is in 1280x800 windowed mode. Every time a corner steam popup thing slides up, it makes the graphics slow. Even diagonal strafing with a locked max framerate of 75 fps seems to be slightly jerky. It just feels like I can't figure out any way to play smoothly. I turned off superfetch finally, and at least I haven't noticed constant disk grinding since then like it was doing previously. :(

My 4850 has been going higher than normal temperatures too, by a good ibt.

I've pretty much never had spyware/viruses on my home computers, but I guess I'll run some virus and spybot scans just in case.

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:
Vista 64 home premium is going to make me lose my mind. I've been back to it since the Vista 7 64 RC ran out, and I don't know if my video card is breaking or what, but it feels like things are just getting worse. FPS in TF2 (singlecore rendering) drops to 30-40 fps at times, especially on 32 player servers outside. This is in 1280x800 windowed mode. Every time a corner steam popup thing slides up, it makes the graphics slow. Even diagonal strafing with a locked max framerate of 75 fps seems to be slightly jerky. It just feels like I can't figure out any way to play smoothly. I turned off superfetch finally, and at least I haven't noticed constant disk grinding since then like it was doing previously. :(

I've pretty much never had spyware/viruses on my home computers, but I guess I'll run some virus and spybot scans just in case.

Why don't you turn on multi-core rendering? Isn't it possible you're being CPU limited rather than GPU limited? FWIW I have multi-core support turned on on Vista 64 and am having no problems with it.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:

Since you never actually asked for help, I'm just going to point and laugh.

Computers are weird.

I actually just updated my nVidia drivers from 191.07 to the current 196.21. The Witcher stopped crashing!! :3

What I'm saying is do you have the latest drivers?

Jangaroo

I think I have some time tonight to play a few rounds. Any of you guys up for a game in the evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom