• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

2eqgppi.jpg

:eek:O

Sciz

I have a few I've picked up over time I quite like. Laser arrow is pretty sweet though.

oh, what the heck. Screenshot dump incoming. Watch this space.

I'm such a sucker for shaders and cool poses.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that heavy/medic and soldier/medic combo seemed to be playing for real :p

Now i know how other players feel when they're coming after me and I'm a medic whose backing off/dodging/running away whilst shooting needles. Damn, but that legendary medic is legendary!

Good fun tonight. I even managed to taunt kill Oreo while he was eating a sandvich! Though he got me back more than once throughout the night.:D

Inkwell

Banned
I have a few screenshot questions. First, what tf2 screenshot settings do you guys use? I bound a key to take jpeg screenshots, but I'm wondering what to set the quality at. Are there any other settings I should know about? Outside of tf2, how do I do thumbnails on the board here? I don't have anything interesting to share yet, but I definitely will once I do.

Java, I love that picture. You got the arrow trail. The medic has his up like he's saying "Oh my god I have an arrow in my face!" Then there's the dying heal beam and the unaware heavy just tearing through his ammo supply.

Sciz

I've long since forgotten what my exact quality setting is, but the average size is ~240kB so probably in the 80-90 range. Don't need to do anything else, though I do recommend overwriting the default screenshot key with your jpeg bind. 5MB TGA files just aren't of much use to anyone.

As for thumbnails, I did all of that manually by copying the location of the preview image Tinypic gives you. Should've used the Photobucket account in retrospect, since it generates thumbnail links.

Inkwell

Banned
Sciz said:
I've long since forgotten what my exact quality setting is, but the average size is ~240kB so probably in the 80-90 range. Don't need to do anything else, though I do recommend overwriting the default screenshot key with your jpeg bind. 5MB TGA files just aren't of much use to anyone.

As for thumbnails, I did all of that manually by copying the location of the preview image Tinypic gives you. Should've used the Photobucket account in retrospect, since it generates thumbnail links.
Oh, ok. I should probably get a photobucket account then.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Orellio said:
Sounds good to me. I'll be home around 10:30.
Eastern or Western? I don't live on the East coast anymore so all the timezone change confuses the heck out of me.

Javaman

Yeah, I'm game for some tonight too. I just use Irfanview to convert the pics to something more reasonable. There's a way to directly save them to jpg?

Oreoleo

Jangaroo said:
Eastern or Western? I don't live on the East coast anymore so all the timezone change confuses the heck out of me.

Oh. Yeah, I meant eastern. The later the better though, for me anyway. I know pretty much no one else feels similarly, though :p

Inkwell

Banned
Javaman said:
Yeah, I'm game for some tonight too. I just use Irfanview to convert the pics to something more reasonable. There's a way to directly save them to jpg?
bind "key" "jpeg"
jpeg_quality "number" (can be 1-100)

Jangaroo

Javaman said:
That's how I've been doing it.
Inkwell said:
bind "key" "jpeg"
jpeg_quality "number" (can be 1-100)
Ooooooohhhhh. Gotcha.
Orellio said:
Oh. Yeah, I meant eastern. The later the better though, for me anyway. I know pretty much no one else feels similarly, though :p
I'm actually the same. I find myself playing better when it's nearing midnight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jangaroo said:

That's when your 'sniper eye' comes out? Damn...you're the only sniper I've played with who can snipe someone close to you whose also charging :p

Jangaroo

Kuro Madoushi said:
That's when your 'sniper eye' comes out? Damn...you're the only sniper I've played with who can snipe someone close to you whose also charging :p
Haha, yeah it's weird. If you asked me to play in the afternoon, I do pretty poorly. It might be because I'm a night owl.

Twig

Banned
So during my short session just now, I am fairly certain that I knocked a demoman pipe bomb off course using the scout's baseball.

O:

Twig

Banned
Nope. ):

Demoman launched it at me at the same instant I launched my baseball, and the pipe bomb looked like it bounced back toward the demoman. I'm not entirely sure that's what happened... but there was nothing else to cause the pipe to bounce like that.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jangaroo said:
Bit the same. It's when I start recognising patterns a bit more easier, knowing where people will be going or what direction my rocket has pushed them.

rar

Twig said:
Nope. ):

Demoman launched it at me at the same instant I launched my baseball, and the pipe bomb looked like it bounced back toward the demoman. I'm not entirely sure that's what happened... but there was nothing else to cause the pipe to bounce like that.

this is why i just use a pov record plugin and set it to record all, just in case something awesome happens

Oreoleo

Lionheart1337 said:
I seriously played for like an hour today and got like 5 items in 3 drops.....weird.

How long ago? I think Blizzard mentioned it earlier tonight while playing, and I've DEFINITELY noticed that drops have been even rarer than normal lately. It's possible all those items you got are a result of the servers playing "catch up" with drops you should have gotten recently.

Orellio said:
How long ago? I think Blizzard mentioned it earlier tonight while playing, and I've DEFINITELY noticed that drops have been even rarer than normal lately. It's possible all those items you got are a result of the servers playing "catch up" with drops you should have gotten recently.

I suppose because I have also been experiencing very very little drops up until the drop spree I mentioned there. Pretty weird. I wish Valve would freaking fix this crap already.

Blizzard

Banned
Orellio said:
I think I only played for 2-3 hours last night, but I'm pretty sure I got nothing. Whine whine etc. :p

Twig

Banned
rar said:
this is why i just use a pov record plugin and set it to record all, just in case something awesome happens
Yeah but I don't like recording everything. Then I either have to let it all sit there and build up or go through it and delete stuff that is worthless. The former eventually takes up too much space and the latter almost immediately takes up too much time. Especially because I'm the kind of guy who'd spend way too long debating whether or not each individual demo is worth keeping. D:

Yasae

Banned
Added the GAF server to favorites. Maybe I'll be around there later tonight.

Mix job is coming up, though, so the next week isn't looking too open.

Spl1nter

first time ever on the tf2 server. lol well i am a little drunk so it didnt go well but with all the chatter and hilariousness i know the next time I play tf2 what server I will go on. Wish bc2 was this much fun with squad mates lol tyler.

rar

Twig said:
Yeah but I don't like recording everything. Then I either have to let it all sit there and build up or go through it and delete stuff that is worthless. The former eventually takes up too much space and the latter almost immediately takes up too much time. Especially because I'm the kind of guy who'd spend way too long debating whether or not each individual demo is worth keeping. D:

oh

well i just move the demo to a separate folder immediately if something happened :p

Twig

Banned
Those were some excellent games broskis. I'm not drunk geez.

JAVAMAAAAAN

add these maps to the lineup

KOTH: Nucleus, Sawmill, Viaduct
Arena: Badlands, Granary, Lumberyard, Nucleus, Offblast, Ravine, Sawmill, Watchtower, Well
Payload Race: Pipeline
Payload: Hoodoo

Actually I don't know if all those arena maps are good. Someone who's played more arena can comment on the maps. I know I like Sawmill, at least! And maybe Watchtower, if it's what I think it is.

You already have KOTH Harvest Event, right? I'm pretty sure you do.

Also, I dunno if you wanna mess with the settings too much or not, but I think some maps should last more than just two rounds, because they might end faster than usual. I don't know which ones, but some, damnit.

Blizzard

Banned
fallout said:
Maybe it's just the beer talking, but that's the most fun I've had with TF2 in a long time. GGs, guys.
As long as you were on Sciz's team and the other team had 1/3 of the scores, sure! ;p

I managed to play for like three hours, never did too much helpful stuff maybe (captured a final point at one point?), and got 0 items. I think we had maybe 6 items total given out over that 3-hour period. :(

fallout

I had fun playing against Sciz.

... I also didn't get any item tonight and don't give a shit.

...... voteblizzard.

Twig said:
Actually I don't know if all those arena maps are good. Someone who's played more arena can comment on the maps. I know I like Sawmill, at least! And maybe Watchtower, if it's what I think it is.
All I know is that I dislike Nucleus.

Blizzard

Banned
fallout said:
I had fun playing against Sciz.

... I also didn't get any item tonight and don't give a shit.

...... voteblizzard.
There is no way you're a bad player AND reasonable AND having fun. :| This is the internet.

I backstabbed Sciz once when he was a spy! That made me happy. And I beheaded some guy who was wearing a head, right before the server went totally empty!

Twig

Banned
I got eight items total.

voteawesome
rar said:
oh

well i just move the demo to a separate folder immediately if something happened :p
Hm, I downloaded it because I am weak to temptation. But it didn't actually save any demos!

I set prec_mode to 4, is there... anything else I need to do?

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
I got eight items total.

voteawesome
Exactly. The only point to TF2 is yelling on voicechat and trying to craft hats! :lol
I only need like 20 more items!

Oh, I remembered something serious I was actually going to say! I asked some people what FOV they used, and people said 90. I tried putting mine up to 90 (at 1280x720 resolution) and it really seemed fisheye and weird to me, almost dizzying. I put it a couple of notches below 90 and it seemed reasonable. Has anyone else had a similar experience? 90 just seemed like it make walls do exaggerated leaning motions to me.

fallout

I think I get an item like, once every 4-5 hours on average? I'm basically working under the assumption that people who have hats play/idle for 24 hours a day.

fallout

Random late night math: At my going rate, it will take me approximately 6.5 years to craft a single hat. I don't even know why it's worth caring about at that point.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Is there a GAF server? What's the address? :eek:

EDIT: Found the address (68.232.178.184:27015, right?)

I will look forward the thread for some matches :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom