• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

We had AT&T for years. Bunch of expensive dicks with crappy service. Now we have cable and pay half as much for internet 5x as fast!

fallout

Boonoo said:
Sniper is hard D:
I'm so bad at it.
I put about 10 hours steady into it, as I had hardly played the class at all. Over that time, I thought I was getting better, but I found out that I just have short streaks of really awesome followed by long periods of awful.

Boonoo

Hazaro said:
How can you be bad at Sniper when you play Scout?

I have 160 hours in scout and only 2 in sniper. It's strange to not shoot and move at the same time. With scout I probably do my aiming about 30 70 between my two hands--sniper's all in the right. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
I have 160 hours in scout and only 2 in sniper. It's strange to not shoot and move at the same time. With scout I probably do my aiming about 30 70 between my two hands--sniper's all in the right. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, though.

Anything to get you to switch from 'medic-chasing-and-killing scout' :D

Yasae

Banned
Hazaro said:
How can you be bad at Sniper when you play Scout?
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(Today, 06:29 PM)
Reply | Quote

How can you be bad at all?
Anything to get you to switch from 'medic-chasing-and-killing scout'
True. In Steel there are.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 vectors to watch at the first spawn. No wonder they get kills. Quite a few headshots, too, if you can knock off 150 health or more with one shotty blast ten feet away.

Move into a spot that's more advantageous and hope your team is backing you up. Spinning around only works if you can get a kill with no one on your back, as scouts die very easily alone. Skill is all well and great, but it's TEAM Fortress 2. Never seen a great player pull a bad team out of a rock and a hard place.

Twig

Banned
Yasae said:
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(Today, 06:29 PM)
Reply | Quote

How can you be bad at all?
ahahaha

well played

sniper is an entirely different playstyle from scout... it's not so far-fetched a concept

SyNapSe

Yasae said:
Compression blasts are as overpowered as ever. I had one - as in singular - pyro airblast my uber away against a wall. I wasn't even in a corner. He held out for the full charge.

I guess they're making a strong delineation between an offensive (backburner?) and defensive pyro.

Agreed in principle.. the pyro is a bit of a team class and I think it's cool. Air Blast isn't overpowered. It serves it's purpose just like an uber if used right.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My auto aim works wonders when I shut down team that aren't spamming enough on Hoodoo.

It seems Java only dies to me :lol

Javaman

Boonoo said:
Sniper is hard D:
I'm so bad at it.

Tell me about it. 2.2 hrs :eek:P

29y2q37.jpg

Hazaro said:
My auto aim works wonders when I shut down team that aren't spamming enough on Hoodoo.

It seems Java only dies to me :lol

Right in the Java.

Blizzard

Banned
Towards the end we start getting a whole lot of client timeouts, and I basically never get them. Dunno if it was the server or what...

Yasae

Banned
SyNapSe said:
Agreed in principle.. the pyro is a bit of a team class and I think it's cool. Air Blast isn't overpowered. It serves it's purpose just like an uber if used right.
It's more powerful than an uber. The rest of the uses are now good utility - reflecting shots, blowing out teammates who are on fire, etc.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
It's official, Kuro has lost it. Next thing you know he'll be telling us that n0b was actually using his mic to talk.

Damn n0b! Calls me to say 'kuro is a barn' and then ends the voice call!

I gots to record it!!! but he also recorded Aloysius saying 'kuro is a barn' too....so he could be playing it back.

n0b is a DRaGoN~

Boonoo

My graphics card broke, so I stuck in an old 8600. I can still run the game at >60fps, but it isn't very pretty anymore D:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
My graphics card broke, so I stuck in an old 8600. I can still run the game at >60fps, but it isn't very pretty anymore D:

what were you using before? is that why you've been disconnecting??!?!?!?

Remy

Boonoo said:

So does this explain why you were spawn camping the defending team on pl_goldrush with a scout last night - you had to stay away from the action? :p

commissar

Engineer :D

That gas canister in front of him isn't the same configuration as the Pyro's flamethrower :0

I haven't seen the other end of an arc welder recently, what do you guys think?

2ldvp8h.jpg

Robotic arm in the blueprints and something that looks like a robots helmet. You see at least three of them (2 next to each other and 1 on the table the engineer is working on.)

Maybe the Engineer can build a robot now? :lol

GoldandBlue said:
2ldvp8h.jpg

Robotic arm in the blueprints and something that looks like a robots helmet. You see at least three of them (2 next to each other and 1 on the table the engineer is working on.)

Maybe the Engineer can build a robot now? :lol

Well, there was this hidden update page before, the design's different than the drawing, but it's likely.

Then again, Valve and red herrings.

Kulock said:
Well, there was this hidden update page before, the design's different than the drawing, but it's likely.

Then again, Valve and red herrings.
Ah. Watching the video again, that first robotic head I saw:

2zh3ar4.jpg

Looks different from the other two. In fact it looks like the Heavy. Engineer going to build robots of each class?

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
what were you using before? is that why you've been disconnecting??!?!?!?

4890. Yeah, it broke this morning.

So does this explain why you were spawn camping the defending team on pl_goldrush with a scout last night - you had to stay away from the action? :p

Did I did that?

If so! it's because camping goldrush 1's defending spawn is great fun as a scout. I love bouncing around on top of the building and killing snipers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom