• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Lionheart1337 said:
I hope this hasn't been posted already, but the inevitable Hitler reaction vid to golden wrenches is rich.

fcllro.jpg
Finally, a Hitler reaction video that speaks to me. :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wonder how many will accidentally, or purposefully craft their Golden Wrench away? A video of someone crafting it into metal would send people into all sorts of meltdowns.

Boonoo

EvilMario said:
I wonder how many will accidentally, or purposefully craft their Golden Wrench away? A video of someone crafting it into metal would send people into all sorts of meltdowns.

It might just be uncraftable. You can't craft the gibus or soldier medal can you?

TP

EvilMario said:

With only one hundred released Valve might release another wrench if a previous owner crafts/deletes one.

Maybe, maybe not, we can never tell with Valve

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Boonoo said:
It might just be uncraftable. You can't craft the gibus or soldier medal can you?
Some of the code in the update a few days ago indicated that it could be destroyed, not sure if its possible, or if anyone's willing to try, but I bet it isn't anyways.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Boonoo said:

They could just straight up delete it, which you can do with the Gibus (which can't be crafted).

Twig

Banned
Hazaro said:
It's not funny because it is true.
All my stuff is gone (except 1 of each unlock + hats)

I won't even be able to craft the engie weapons.
the only thing i kept were hats

i gave up on holding onto the weapons, so now aside from hats i have completely vanilla loadouts D: :3 ;_; O:

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
It's not funny because it is true.
All my stuff is gone (except 1 of each unlock + hats)

I won't even be able to craft the engie weapons.
How would you craft engineer weapons anyway? You would need an engineer token, I thought, or however the recipe works. Like basically you need engineer stuff to craft engineer stuff, like the only way to get a cloak and dagger is to get three dead ringers as someone was complaining about (and even then it's a 50% chance? I burned myself trying to get the soldier boots that way).

I hope there's something really cool in the polycount update that you all can't get because you crafted everything.

...except then you'll idle and get the items anyway, AND I haven't gotten a Bonk drink in like 3 months so I probably wouldn't even have the items I need since I don't even have a crit-a-cola yet. ;______; I might never have gotten the item to make the shiv either, but I finally got one of those dropped randomly.

Javaman

sw33tclyde said:
Steam just notified me it finished downloading an update for TF2, wtf?!? Only 36.6 mb what could it be?!?1

Not much :(

Checking/Installing 'Team Fortress 2 Content' version 157

Checking/Installing 'Team Fortress 2 Materials' version 63

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Materials' version 8

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Models' version 4

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Sounds' version 4

Updating 'OB Linux Dedicated Server' from version 46 to version 47

5.50% downloading ./orangebox/bin/datacache.so
12.37% downloading ./orangebox/bin/dedicated.so
48.08% downloading ./orangebox/bin/engine.so
50.37% downloading ./orangebox/bin/libvstdlib.so
66.45% downloading ./orangebox/bin/materialsystem.so
67.55% downloading ./orangebox/bin/shaderapiempty.so
69.84% downloading ./orangebox/bin/soundemittersystem.so
78.38% downloading ./orangebox/bin/studiorender.so
99.97% downloading ./orangebox/bin/vphysics.so
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/hl2/resource/serverevents.res

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
How would you craft engineer weapons anyway? You would need an engineer token, I thought, or however the recipe works. Like basically you need engineer stuff to craft engineer stuff, like the only way to get a cloak and dagger is to get three dead ringers as someone was complaining about (and even then it's a 50% chance? I burned myself trying to get the soldier boots that way).

I hope there's something really cool in the polycount update that you all can't get because you crafted everything.

...except then you'll idle and get the items anyway, AND I haven't gotten a Bonk drink in like 3 months so I probably wouldn't even have the items I need since I don't even have a crit-a-cola yet. ;______; I might never have gotten the item to make the shiv either, but I finally got one of those dropped randomly.
Slot tokens would give a chance of engy items. Not 100% but better than letting your items sit there and rot if you'd rather have those items than hats.

fallengorn

Twig said:

i gave up on holding onto the weapons, so now aside from hats i have completely vanilla loadouts D: :3 ;_; O:
I'm surprised how many people don't hold onto secondary weapons. Maybe it's because I'm a hoarder, but I still have all my unlocks... and I all do is play Soldier. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Oh I'm wrong, you only need one engineer weapon (or spy watch) to craft the other engineer weapon or spy watch presumably, not 3, if you already have a slot token.

Boonoo

Twig said:

Ha, all I kept were my gunboats, natasha, and back burner. I really don't use anything enough to keep it. I wanted that wrench D:

Oh I'm wrong, you only need one engineer weapon (or spy watch) to craft the other engineer weapon or spy watch presumably, not 3, if you already have a slot token.

It's not like achievements are hard. It shouldn't take more than a couple hours of pretty standard play to get enough for all the weapons.

Twig

Banned
fallengorn said:
I'm surprised how many people don't hold onto secondary weapons. Maybe it's because I'm a hoarder, but I still have all my unlocks... and I all do is play Soldier. :p
I've always held on to them in the past.

But... since I can get them back pretty easily within a couple months of playing the game, it's worth more to me to try for the golden wrench.

Hats are a different story. U:

Blizzard

Banned
The drop limit has been increased for this week, so I guess they're encouraging everyone to idle more. So much for the theory about trying to get people to lose all their weapons. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, it seems after my tweeks to get Europa 3 working better (Didn't do a damn thing D:), Team Fortress 2 runs decently now on my computer.

Now where can I go to play. I am lost and confused and out of the loop ._.

On the bright side, I have figured out I can load gaf up in the steam overlay

Boonoo

I must have done a craft some 30 seconds before someone got number 50! I was in the goddamn running!

Anyway, I think a lot of people will enjoy the wrangler. Lord knows enough people like standing around mindlessly spinning their gun as a heavy, and this turns the engy into the biggest heavy of them all!

The new level looks neat, although I'm a) bummed it's payload (would have loved another gravel pit style (apparently Valve is down on those, though) and b) it isn't the green mountain theme.

PatzCU

The 'No Man's Land' achievement looks like it might be landmines? I really hope Engie is getting an alternative sentry.

EDIT: But Breaking Morant and Search Engine both look like they could be the heavily rumored laser sentry. Who knows, we'll find out tomorrow :D

Remy

Not that anyone other than me would try running it in OS X, but cp_no_mercy_b1 seems to crash me once I join a team. Guess it's back to Windows for me for now.

Blackheim

Had fun playing, crafted what little I had and no wrench :p That's ok, I don't play an engineer often enough to warrant having one any way heh. Was ubering pyros towards the end and clearing out Engie nests :D

Sciz

Blackheim said:
Had fun playing, crafted what little I had and no wrench :p That's ok, I don't play an engineer often enough to warrant having one any way heh. Was ubering pyros towards the end and clearing out Engie nests :D
I swear I've seen more new GAFfers on the server in the last few days than I did during the Mac launch.

You healed me, I killed you, you healed people who killed me, etc. etc. welcome to the club.

Blackheim

Haha yeah, I had a good time, though I don't play too often. I should change that :p Playing with you guys is good times. One moment I'm trying to uber up and getting killed by someone, then next map I'm trying to uber up the guy who was handing my ass to me the entire time on the previous map. I'll try to get some play time in tomorrow while at work >.>

Boonoo

That, or figure out the formula. Now I feel silly crafting all my stuff when I should have been studying the numbers! D:
And you probably need a bunch of items ready to craft once you get the timing right.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Meh, he ignored me outright

Don't be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad we like youse!

Does this have to do with friend invitations? Yeah I don't use that feature AT ALL. I never even look at invites... maybe I should, so as to not rub people the wrong way?

And my TF2 was borked for a few days. But with a fresh re-install I should be on the GAF and F7 server again.

Proven

Thoughts on the Wrangler.

I hated all those ideas of "How about letting the Engineer jump into his sentry and aim at stuff!" Well, those people got their compromise.

The Wrangler is a defensive Engie's dream. You can probably use it all the way from resupply. You can use your sentry to spy check. Your sentry now has infinite range and can make use of rocket splash to root out enemies around corners. You can aim at people's feet when they uber rush you and pop them into the air yourself during the next rocket volley.

The stats are incredible. Double bullet speed means literally twice the firepower at level 1 and 2, and at least 1.5 at level 3. 66% damage reduction means only a third of damage taken, which means that you have a chance of surviving an uber, as it now takes at least 6 stickies to blow up your level 3.

Personally, when it was unveiled yesterday I was disappointed, but now I think even I might use it. Still, it's a very defensive weapon, simply because it leaves your body defenseless when you use it, and you can't heal or reload your sentry without help. And you'll have a disadvantage against Scouts. However, you will be able to keep up with sentry spinsters.

My sentry will now glow with an awesome power...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
To me, the biggest question about the Wrangler is, can other Engineers repair you Sentry while you have the Wrangler out? If so, two Engies working together would basically make an impossible to destroy Sentry.

I definitely want to give it some play time before I pass judgment, but I'm sure Valve is going to tweak this one a lot..

I'm curious whether activating the Wrangler switches your point of view to the sentry's. Or that you keep your own POV and that the sentry fires in the direction the Wrangler is pointing at. (I'd prefer the former.)

And to the people who sent me friend invites: Sorry I never even check my invites... but I'll start befriending people on the servers I frequent to avoid misunderstanding ;-)

fallengorn

Proven said:
You can use your sentry to spy check.
I do believe there's even an achievement for that. (Search Engine)

Volcynika said:
The only way you'll ever get a golden wrench. In your dreams!
Just you wait, #100 will be mine! And then me and my bed-ridden uncle will sing a song about it.

i3huol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom