• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
[-] October 10, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
-Improved load times
-Pyro flamethrower range has been improved, and more power added.
-All players equipped are now equipped with flame-proof vests and Pyro-Killer Rail Guns.
-Scout now has more health and can dodge bullets while moving
-Demomen sticky grenades now require glue to be manually applied before sticking
-Soldier rockets now heat-seeking, and cannot hurt the player who fired them.
-Medics and Heavies fused into one symbiotic super-creature; the Medic player merely holds down their mouse button.
-Capturing the last point no longer wins the game; you will still lose if you didn't capture it well enough.

Bug fixes
-Fixed bug allowing sentry guns to be destroyed
-Fixed an exploit in which spies could deceive players with cloaks and disguises
-Fixed an issue that allowed other players to dodge Snipers

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
alske said:
Can someone PM me the password for the neogaf server?

Yeah same here, I wanna play with the GAF!

My steam ID is jigglyxavi if anybody wants to add me.

adg1034

That last round on Hydro was so awesome, even though Crooked Rain was a coward and turtled in the forest of dispensers at the end. Major props to my medic buddy, who helped me more than I can say.

Haha, the death penalty is definitely ridiculous after a great play session. I had 68 kills (39 with pipe bombs which has a 1.8 modifier), 35 deaths, plenty of assists and destructions, a few caps, flag events, dominations and topped the scoreboard most of the time and yet ended up losing 54 points.

Lhadatt

YakiSOBA said:
Question #2: i downloaded steam but can't seem to find the option to *just* purchase TF2 :(

help? i want in!!
$30 vs $45 for Orange Box preorder tonight before midnight and you get a ton of other stuff. Why can't people get this?

adg1034 said:
That last round on Hydro was so awesome, even though Crooked Rain was a coward and turtled in the forest of dispensers at the end. Major props to my medic buddy, who helped me more than I can say.
Hey, I was going to go kill the engie but then the server reset. I will say that I regret not just going out after destroying the sentry and trying to kill him even though I only had like 34 health left.

adg1034 said:

I am the greatest medic of all time.

1-D_FTW

CrookedRain said:
Hey, I was going to go kill the engie but then the server reset. I will say that I regret not just going out after destroying the sentry and trying to kill him even though I only had like 34 health left.

Giga has doing an awesome job on that. He had a dispenser keeping him in constant health.

And that round we completely threw away. We had you guys pretty cleared out and were ready to go offensive on the last couple guys when me and Cheeto fell off the cliff at the same exact time. I think you guys had won the last 2 matches and we were finally gonna get some revenge. And splat!

1-D_FTW said:
Giga has doing an awesome job on that. He had a dispenser keeping him in constant health.

And that round we completely threw away. We had you guys pretty cleared out and were ready to go offensive on the last couple guys when me and Cheeto fell off the cliff at the same exact time. I think you guys had won the last 2 matches and we were finally gonna get some revenge. And splat!
That had me laughing. I remember firing a couple of grenades out at you guys and then I ran back to refill my health and then a second or two later, both of you happened to fall to your death.

Lhadatt

YakiSOBA said:
i just want tf2 :( i already have hl2, chapter 1, etc... and dont care for chp2 and portal.. :(
It's pretty plainly spelled out. It's not available on its own yet, and it will be $30 if Valve ever puts it out individually. Think of it this way: you get to discover the likely awesomeness of Portal, get to play Ep2, and you get to spread the joy with your extra HL2 codes to get a friend hooked.

Keep your eyes on this page: http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=440&cc=US

Doytch said:
Good games tonight. That custom we played before Gravel Pit was pretty fun. Spy was great there. :D
Yeah that was a really fun map (once I learned where the cap points were). What was it called? Ascension or something?

Too bad I was sucking horribly on Gravelpit >_< I still had fun as always...except the rockets to the face from Hitokage....and burning alive from Tekno.

Storyteller, you were doing great as heavy. Nice shooting on that new map!

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Yeah that was a really fun map (once I learned where the cap points were). What was it called? Ascension or something?

Too bad I was sucking horribly on Gravelpit >_< I still had fun as always...except the rockets to the face from Hitokage....and burning alive from Tekno.

Storyteller, you were doing great as heavy. Nice shooting on that new map!

Avanti

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
omgimaninja said:
Haha, my target priorities are as follows:

1) Sentries
2) Medics
3) Teleporters/Dispensers
4) Everybody else

Was having a fairly off night tonight, until we hit the final dustbowl area then I shot up to leading position on the server. I love that part. :D

Ok so I remember that in TF and in TFC 2forts the capture point was in the top middle area of the sniper nest...

but I just watched a TF2 video and it appeared like the capture point was moved to your teams briefcase.. Is this true?

noonche

Hmm... I've got a problem. I join servers with a ping of around 120~130 and then at some point my ping just spikes up to over 800. Does anyone else have this problem?

TransTrender

Gold Member
Meh, I'm having a connection problem with the game.
My roommate and I use the same connection (TimeWarner cable through a WRT54G router. TW insists that the cable connection and the modem is fine, and in desperation the router has the NAT and firewall stuff turned off) Here's an example of what happens: One of us will be playing on a server, and then when the other person connects we both get disconnected. Sometimes the same server will kick us for a few hours, and then later on in the day it will let us both play. It's pretty hit and miss. Anyone have any clues about this one?

firex

Even though I doubt this, it could be some kind of VAC thing disconnecting you guys because it detects 2 connections from the same IP. I mean, I doubt it... but it could be that.

1-D_FTW

I don't really read reviews from any of the major sites anymore, but I did read the closing paragraph of that IGN review and it's pretty crap IMO.

Doesn't have much depth? I know there's been some Gaffers who've parroted this line, but WTF? This game has awesome depth. But it's depth is achieved with teamwork. And it's brilliant for it. To create a game where nobody can play superhero and do everything by themselves is genius. Yeah, each class is limited in what they can do. But in combination with the rest of the team, possibilities are endless. Most online shooters with "depth" just result in one uber class/vehicle that everybody plays.

Cheeto

I personally thought their review of the presentation was laughable. I haven't seen a game with this much style and personality in a long time, maybe even ever.

Jacobi

Banned
LOL Bots have so much to do with presentation. Laughable. But who cares.

@Killdozer, maybe you get kicked because you two have probably the same IP address?

Icy

Banned
Rooftime Alpha:

cp_rooftime_alpha_t1.jpg

cp_rooftime_alpha_t2.jpg

cp_rooftime_alpha_t3.jpg

Power House Beta:

ctf_powerhouse_1t.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_2t.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_3t.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_4t.jpg

Mine: (After flag cappture, run into safety rooms as area gets nuked and everyone dies :)

ctf_mine_1t.jpg

ctf_mine_2t.jpg

ctf_mine_3t.jpg

ctf_mine_4t.jpg

Cheeto

:-/ I had an idea for a "rooftop" map... I guess I'll still make it, because that one doesn't really look fun. 'Mine' looks tight though.

Dave Long

Banned
Why is anyone looking for bots in a team-based online shooter? I'm so tired of that chestnut popping up in reviews of shooters. If you don't want to play a game like this online, then you just don't want to play it at all.

Someday in the far flung future, game reviewers will review the game that's there instead of the one that isn't.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
Why is anyone looking for bots in a team-based online shooter? I'm so tired of that chestnut popping up in reviews of shooters. If you don't want to play a game like this online, then you just don't want to play it at all.

Someday in the far flung future, game reviewers will review the game that's there instead of the one that isn't.

Bots are not working.. yet. They spawn but do nothing.
But they are pointless as the bots most likely will work like DM hide and seek and go for the point. No real strategy behind them on building turrents, coming up with ways to break through the enemy defense,etc.

Also Stats have been reset and are operating again on the servers.

Doytch

:lol :lol :lol

Of all the possible categories where they could make stuff up and dock it points, they took it from presentation:)lol ) and lasting appeal? IGN am biased stupid confirmed.

Icy

Banned
Doytch said:
:lol :lol :lol

Of all the possible categories where they could make stuff up and dock it points, they took it from presentation:)lol ) and lasting appeal? IGN am biased stupid confirmed.

Crack is whack. Apparently IGN didn't get the memo.

Jacobi

Banned
OK, I like how you used that old idea, which is new to a TF2 noob like me ;)
BTW I dig the lightning and look in general, reminds me of Quake 3

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
After thinking about it... there should be a penalty for dying, but it needs to be slight. 1:1 should net a slow gain of points, and maybe 1:2 should mean parity.

Fireye

Wow. So many Sudden Death's last night.

... some days, I suck terribly at TF2. And others? Well, I suck then too, but at least I kill 5 people at once with some freaking awesome nades.

mmmmmmmm demoman.

I finally get to play in about an hour, cant wait to get dominated in the first minutes.

buying the box copy of The Orange Box was a bad idea, it literally is an orange...box.

Jacobi

Banned
Fireye said:
Wow. So many Sudden Death's last night.

... some days, I suck terribly at TF2. And others? Well, I suck then too, but at least I kill 5 people at once with some freaking awesome nades.

mmmmmmmm demoman.
Who were you? (i was jacko)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom