• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

Confidence Man said:
Anyone here working on maps? I'm getting a problem with models not loading when I compile. :/
I want to work on maps, what resources are you using? Any websites out there for it?

Icy said:
www.hl2world.com has the instructions on how to get the TF2 stuff and entities to work in hammer since no official sdk is out.

I've got everything up and running as per the instructions, the problem comes when I compile and notice certain prop_static models missing. The compile log says something like "Error: failed to load studio model xxxxx". It could be like one rock model will load where another one in the same folder will give me an error, only around 20% of all the props I use will end up loading into the map. It seems completely random.

Quagm1r3

Icy said:
what servers r u playing on?

I'm playing the 360 version, and it doesn't seem to matter who's the host of the game. I'll try hosting one later to see if anything is fixed.

For those who didn't see what I posted earlier, I have this gun model stuttering problem whenever I turn.

EDIT: I've gone into the developer commentary mode and this gun stuttering problem is non-existent.

...um anyone finding TF2 on 360 super laggy?

..I only played a couple matches so far but they were UNPLAYABLE....I don't think its my connection cause I play Warhawk constantly and its butter smooth, as is Halo3....so I don't know whats up....will try again...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
GDJustin said:
I tried every character class once but was only able to get kills as a spy and a heavy - the weapons for everyone else (shotgun especially) just seemed ineffective.
Yes, I agree, the rocket launcher is completely ineffective. :D

Seriously though, I can actually see your point somewhat. Mastering the rocket launcher is all about path prediction--firing where people will be, not where they are. Autoaim cannot help you there.

Dave Long

Banned
Not bad... Who is this Dave Long guy?

Scorin.JPG

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
k:d doesn't reflect the pain and suffering you've given to engineers by repeatedly blowing up their toys. Sometimes tears are more worthwhile than bloodstains. :D

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
WARCOCK said:
shitty k:d ratio. If you are going to pimp yourself, do it right at least.

Such black and white thinking. Ease off dude. He killed 11 more times than he died. Not great, but by no means "shitty". And that's vs. Java and Hito. :D

gg Dave.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Well, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm of the opinion that Xbox 360 games should play well with an Xbox 360 controller, regardless of what other platforms a game is available on :p

WTH?? Well I'll enjoy it while it lasts I suppose:

tf2rank_101207.gif

tf2kills_101207.gif

I had no idea I had killed you 15 times since Wednesday Hito. But I'm still 0.88 against you :lol Please don't Admin murder me anymore :(

edit: wowza @ pure.howl's kpd rate.

Jacobi

Banned
It was nice yesterday, although the games ended a bit too early a few times. I'm jealous at the voice chat guys, I think I should buy a headset just for TF2!

sharkie

140.85 said:
WTH?? Well I'll enjoy it while it lasts I suppose:

tf2rank_101207.gif

tf2kills_101207.gif

I had no idea I had killed you 15 times since Wednesday Hito. But I'm still 0.88 against you :lol Please don't Admin murder me anymore :(

edit: wowza @ pure.howl's kpd rate.

I'm fourth :lol and here I thought I was somewhere in the middle, *EDIT *and I'm surprised that I've killed you 140 as much as you've killed me as you're always the little bastard thats repeatedly lands those bloody rockets straight into my face :lol

1-D_FTW

140.85 said:
Such black and white thinking. Ease off dude. He killed 11 more times than he died. Not great, but by no means "shitty". And that's vs. Java and Hito. :D

gg Dave.

His best stat is actually being almost 1:1 in Destruction/Death. That's the kind of soldier every team should be so lucky to have.

sharkie said:
I'm fourth :lol and here I thought I was somewhere in the middle, *EDIT *and I'm surprised that I've killed you 140 as much as you've killed me as you're always the little bastard thats repeatedly lands those bloody rockets straight into my face :lol

Sorry :lol

But that was awesome on Granary last night teaming up with you. Did you see where that spy stabbed you while I was healing you?

I got so indignant I ran after the spy and murdered him and the nearby sniper with the medic saw and then proceeded to down two more of their team the same way before they killed me. I was laughing so hard. I guess they were shocked that a medic was running at them with just a saw. :lol I would have given anything to have been FRAPing it at the time.

1-D_FTW

140.85 said:
Sorry :lol

But that was awesome on Granary last night teaming up with you. Did you see where that spy stabbed you while I was healing you?

I got so indignant I ran after the spy and murdered him and the nearby sniper with the medic saw and then proceeded to down two more of their team the same way before they killed me. I was laughing so hard. I guess they were shocked that a medic was running at them with just a saw. :lol I would have given anything to have been FRAPing it at the time.

I've logged less than an hour with the medic, but I do the same thing. I guess my Pryo tactics kick in. Was defending point A on gravelpit when the other team launched a major offensive that killed everyone but myself and another medic.

The other medic just stood their waiting to be slaughtered and I went batshit with my blade. Took out 3 dudes (at least one demo and solider) before somebody finally wised up.

Probably my biggest rush. If the medic had the speed of the Pryo, I think I'd switch to him more often.

JoeFu

Banned
We need to play earlier today. I have to wake up early to go to work (lol homedepot).

Get on around 4 or 5 guys plz?

Cheeto

Even after the nerf, I still find myself liking the demoman. I still wish they didn't completely get rid of the 2nd bounce and up explosions. I think a better solution is to halve the damage after each bounce.

Dave Long

Banned
Hitokage said:
Dave had medic support that time.
Storyteller is the man. He was my Medic backup on that map quite a few times.

I know the k:d isn't that great on there, but I really don't worry about deaths as much as I do blowing shit up, defending and capping. I'd rather have a shitty k:d than be the guy with 0 caps and 0 defenses. I'm also getting a lot better at knocking out Sentries without dying myself.

Best part of that game was a succession of like five kills holding point B. I didn't have the medic there and managed to take out the entire BLU team. :)

Oh yeah... I was dominating Hitokage at one point, too. That's not something I expect to ever do again.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
Storyteller is the man. He was my Medic backup on that map quite a few times.

I know the k:d isn't that great on there, but I really don't worry about deaths as much as I do blowing shit up, defending and capping. I'd rather have a shitty k:d than be the guy with 0 caps and 0 defenses. I'm also getting a lot better at knocking out Sentries without dying myself.

Best part of that game was a succession of like five kills holding point B. I didn't have the medic there and managed to take out the entire BLU team. :)

Oh yeah... I was dominating Hitokage at one point, too. That's not something I expect to ever do again.

Puyo. You're fired.

Dirtbag

GDJustin said:
Well, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm of the opinion that Xbox 360 games should play well with an Xbox 360 controller, regardless of what other platforms a game is available on :p

Your not alone. I don't think TF2 plays very well on the 360 either. I think the reviews of the 360 version have been a little too generous. The game is definitely PC first and it really shows.
It is meant for a keyboard and mouse. The game chugs a bit on the 360 to.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
WhatRuOn said:
Even after the nerf, I still find myself liking the demoman. I still wish they didn't completely get rid of the 2nd bounce and up explosions. I think a better solution is to halve the damage after each bounce.
I like the way you think.

Well I finished Episode 2 last night, so I'm for some TF2 tonight! Are there still some people running around clueless?

Dave Long

Banned
fallengorn said:

Well I finished Episode 2 last night, so I'm for some TF2 tonight! Are there still some people running around clueless?
There are new people on the GAF server all the time as far as I can tell. Some of them are clueless. :)

Icy

Banned
fallengorn said:

don't even get me started on this topic...

Cheeto

Dave Long said:
There are new people on the GAF server all the time as far as I can tell. Some of them are clueless. :)
makes for easy kills...yesterday one of my "teammates" was following me around, so I hit him with my whiskey bottle...then I flashed my Smiley face over his dead body.

Icy

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
makes for easy kills...yesterday one of my "teammates" was following me around, so I hit him with my whiskey bottle...then I flashed my Smiley face over his dead body.

there's no FF?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
140.85 said:
WTH?? Well I'll enjoy it while it lasts I suppose
Yeah... Icy reduced the death penalty and you play far more than I do. :p

I'm not really bitter about it though. Just that while I can tell which people on that list are possibly better than I am, you aren't one of those people. ;)

Google

I played my first game last night on a completely random server - I never played TFC, but I played a fair bit of counterstrike back in the day, so thought I'd pick it up fairly quickly.

Played Dustbowl for a couple of rounds, managed to end up with something like 46 kills to about 55 deaths, which I thought was OK for my first time...

But yeah, I enjoyed it, and my hour was well spent.

I will join a couple of GAF games, but reading through this thread is like reading a fucking XBOX LIVE transcript.

Please, don't act like cunts to guys who are new to the game, it's such a fucking waste of time, and ruins the experience.

artist

Banned
Hitokage, thanks for guarding my sentry (Point C on Gravelpit) a couple of days back. It was a key moment in the match and we held off the blue team with it. :D

Last night me and Doytch were teaming up as spies and heaving havoc on the other team. Now my second fav class is the spy, especially because he is the key along with Engineers when it comes to Sudden Death.

I'm wachie ('wacky') by the way.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Google said:
I will join a couple of GAF games, but reading through this thread is like reading a fucking XBOX LIVE transcript.

Please, don't act like cunts to guys who are new to the game, it's such a fucking waste of time, and ruins the experience.
Huh? The atmosphere is fairly amicable on the neogaf server.

Cheeto

Google said:

What are you talking about?

Rorschach

Google said:
ur was well spent.

Jesus...no one is twisting your arm. Go play with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom