• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

My 360 is dead and won't be back for two months (probably) and I'm about to move 1550 miles away by myself with all my junk shoved into a crappy car, but seeing this thread makes me want to go out and buy this game now.

As STUPID as that would be.

I finally got it to work on my parent's old PC, but my brother is messing around with the game now. I'll try to be on the GAF server tonight; wanna try out updated castle map!

Icy

Banned
bengraven said:
My 360 is dead and won't be back for two months (probably) and I'm about to move 1550 miles away by myself with all my junk shoved into a crappy car, but seeing this thread makes me want to go out and buy this game now.

As STUPID as that would be.

For PC. go buy it :)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Wow, thank god there so few people who hate ctf_fort2. I had an absolute blast playing it for hours with friends today. What a great map! Still haven't gone on the official NeoGAF server haha.

I LOVE ENGINEERS!

bengraven

Icy said:
For PC. go buy it :)

HA! Where's a Gandalf "Don't tempt me further" gif when you need one?

My excuse is that while my computer is decent, I still have to play the games on low settings and I'm really running low on space as is.

Also, no internet connection for another week or so while I wait to get it started up, so no Steam activation for me. :(

Twig

Banned
I play with the lowest settings (except with 2x AA because jaggies annoy me more than anything else), and it looks great.

Just played on the GAF server for the first time (as Twig, though, not TheOneGuy). Argh I hate 2fort and I hate good snipers.

TheOneGuy said:
I play with the lowest settings (except with 2x AA because jaggies annoy me more than anything else), and it looks great.

Just played on the GAF server for the first time (as Twig, though, not TheOneGuy). Argh I hate 2fort and I hate good snipers.
I'm sorry! :lol
I'm not really a fan of 2fort either. Too many stalemates.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
CrookedRain, you're so goddamned good at sniping that Valve is probably going to see the stats per class and think that snipers need to be nerfed. :lol

CrookedRain, you're so goddamned good at sniping that Valve is probably going to see the stats per class and think that snipers need to be nerfed. :lol
:lol
I really need to drop my graphics settings. It gets hard to snipe sometimes when there's chaos around and my frames per second drops into the low 20s or so. The game looks so great that I really don't want to lower things too much.

ezekial45

Banned
Good game guys. The game on the castle map had one of my most proudest moments in TF2. Scoring 3 critical kills at once when the victims were just exiting the spawn point. :lol :lol

at first I hated the Castle map, but playing as a spy defending, it was great.

my favorite moment of the last game was watching No_Style run away after we won so he couldent get killed, so I jumped over the ledge and chased him down as a spy before shooting him in the back.

I think I should give up sniping, I am only good once in a while and others are way better, but I do think I am a pretty good engineer all things considered, not a terrible spy either.

Davidion

CrookedRain said:
Really? I think it sucks for the defense because they can spawn camp your door if they push up to that area.

IF they can do it. :lol

Plus you have to consider the long haul that the offense have to make to get there. Also, the secondary route has no direct access to the point...they have to go under and around.

I don't know, we'll see how the popular sentiment goes as the map gets more playtime.

By the way, thanks for the copious amount of bullets you buried in my sorry ass tonight
and lighting them on fire for good measure
. :lol Though my gratuitous display of non-force on Gravel pit tonight was just fucking embarassing.

CrookedRain said:
I think a lot of the people on the server hate me now.

"Desire to stab you in the face repeatedly" might be a better term.

Icy

Banned
Davidion said:
Are all the customs on Server 1, btw? Gravel pit on server 2 had a team score of 4-0 and still the map didn't change.

cutoms are on both and I believe it goes to 5.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That Castle map takes a while to learn. My first death was because I was hurt and had NO idea where to go to resupply. :(

Icy

Banned
Davidion said:
Oh good, more opportunity for me to suck on a map. I like that line of thinking. :lol

I've made it so that both servers are the exact same in every aspect due to the fact they both report to the sames stats pages. So if you can't get on #1 and can get on #2 and vice versa you aren't being hampered in any way.

Hitokage said:
That Castle map takes a while to learn. My first death was because I was hurt and had NO idea where to go to resupply. :(

I still have that problem, althought I only played it once.

I would run around (sometimes on fire) calling for medic or anything to heal me, usually I end up finding a small med pack or heading back to my base.

Davidion

Icy said:
I've made it so that both servers are the exact same in every aspect due to the fact they both report to the sames stats pages. So if you can't get on #1 and can get on #2 and vice versa you aren't being hampered in any way.

Gotcha, thank you.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Icy said:
From looking at the spread of the top 20 players. I've up'd the points lost from 1/4 to 1/2 now.
Just as long as suicides are without penalty, I'm happy.

I tend to make Pyros cry though. :D

I think a more costly death penalty just favors the classes that tend to have a higher k/d ratio. It seems it would be more beneficial to be a sniper than a pyro who has to put himself in dangerous situations all the time and has the lowest weapon modifier.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
So did the server crash towards the end of dustbowl or was it just something on my end?

some ISPs had some routing issues. Even HLStats couldn't connect. Like 11 d/c'd within 20 seconds of each other. But we are playing still fine.

Twig

Banned
CrookedRain said:
I'm sorry! :lol
I'm not really a fan of 2fort either. Too many stalemates.
I got you once and that's all that matters!

Or that's what I'll keep saying as I cry myself to sleep and dream of death by sniper.

Also how the hell did you get me through the bridge cover! I was a scout and under the roof and you killed me! I think that's when I gave up.

No when I gave up is when you machete'd me.

/cry

EDIT: For the record, I loved the Castle map, but my friend who joined when he saw me on there complained about the instant respawn. It didn't bother me, personally, because I hate waiting even more than I hate losing (or so I thought before SNIPESNIPESNIPESNIPESNIPE), but it was enough to make him never want to play on the server again. (Until I told him 2fort didn't have the instant respawn setting.)

'Course, he's not a GAF member, so hey, whatever.

Icy

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
I got you once and that's all that matters!

Or that's what I'll keep saying as I cry myself to sleep and dream of death by sniper.

Also how the hell did you get me through the bridge cover! I was a scout and under the roof and you killed me! I think that's when I gave up.

No when I gave up is when you machete'd me.

/cry

EDIT: For the record, I loved the Castle map, but my friend who joined when he saw me on there complained about the instant respawn. It didn't bother me, personally, because I hate waiting even more than I hate losing (or so I thought before SNIPESNIPESNIPESNIPESNIPE), but it was enough to make him never want to play on the server again. (Until I told him 2fort didn't have the instant respawn setting.)

'Course, he's not a GAF member, so hey, whatever.

the server no longer has an instant respawn for almost a week now. Its factory default persay. The server runs on respawns in 15 second intervals. If he doesnt like, he can complain to valve :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Respawn timers make it actually mean something when you kill a player, otherwise you just teleport them back to their base.

Been playing TF2 for about two/three weeks now, and loving both the game and the NeoGAF server. The difference in skill with some of the other servers I've randomly picked is shocking to be honest, in the sense that alot of the other servers suck. Ending up in games with 5 scouts and no medics or heavys, always fun.

Can't say I'm crazy about those customs yet though. I mean, kudo's to those people making them but they just don't feel as balanced and well thought out as the official ones, which of course makes sense :)

Figured that since I used your guys' server so often, I might as well drop a line here :)

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
Been playing TF2 for about two/three weeks now, and loving both the game and the NeoGAF server. The difference in skill with some of the other servers I've randomly picked is shocking to be honest, in the sense that alot of the other servers suck. Ending up in games with 5 scouts and no medics or heavys, always fun.

Can't say I'm crazy about those customs yet though. I mean, kudo's to those people making them but they just don't feel as balanced and well thought out as the official ones, which of course makes sense :)

Figured that since I used your guys' server so often, I might as well drop a line here :)

Yep. I've noticed the samething in level differences. Even some well known other servers (well known from Counter Strike,etc).. the game playing level is just amazing. We have a pretty damned good group of regular players which even if you suck out of them.. you're generally in the top 5 of any other server out there.

Hehe, definetely. Only downside for me is that I'm from the Netherlands, so people only start showing up on the NeoGAF server after midnight, local Dutch time :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Icy said:
Yep. I've noticed the samething in level differences. Even some well known other servers (well known from Counter Strike,etc).. the game playing level is just amazing. We have a pretty damned good group of regular players which even if you suck out of them.. you're generally in the top 5 of any other server out there.
I remember one guy remarking after a match in the final area of dustbowl that he never knew it could be defended in an offensive fashion, and considered it eye-opening.

So do you guys have an actual NeoGAF clan, or is the [NeoGAF] in front of the name just an indication that those people are frequent visitors of this topic?

1-D_FTW

Icy said:
From looking at the spread of the top 20 players. I've up'd the points lost from 1/4 to 1/2 now.

Cool. Except for 15 seconds yesterday, I haven't played the last two days. After missing Friday, I'd dropped to 28th. I figured I'd drop out of the top 50 after missing yesterday. But I'm 33rd thanks to the new settings.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Richardfun said:
So do you guys have an actual NeoGAF clan, or is the [NeoGAF] in front of the name just an indication that those people are frequent visitors of this topic?
Some people from the forum elect to use it. I don't.

keiichi

The one Castle stage where "Them" was sniping everyone was brutal, till we snuck into the area and kept killing him. good times.

Icy

Banned
keiichi said:
The one Castle stage where "Them" was sniping everyone was brutal, till we snuck into the area and kept killing him. good times.

Them, pardon the language is a little bitch. He knows how to hide well into nook and crannies for full sniper action.

Just to clarify there are 2 Castle Stages people refer to.

There's the Castle Beta 3 ( 3 stage like Dustbowl )
And Stronghold Beta 5 ( CTF )

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
I've got some less than fond memories of Them as well...

agreed. and this pic holds some relevance... of which once I figure out, I will let you all know.

funny_halloween_pictures_8.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom