• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Stealth updates:
Wrangler now is only 20% shield
Dead Ringer 70% damage reduction
Fez no longer grants set bonus

BELIEVE

I'd rather have damage drain Dead Ringer cloak, but make the damage reduction always active regardless of how much you extended it by picking up metal.

Tenck

Hazaro said:
Stealth updates:
Wrangler now is only 20% shield
Dead Ringer 70% damage reduction
Fez no longer grants set bonus

BELIEVE

Sure let us nerf the Spy and make him a bit more useless.

If they would nerf things that bad I'd probably give up on Spy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Togglesworlh said:
Haha what.

Spy is anything BUT useless.
Spies are mostly worthless.
I was telling all the spies I killed they sucked today so that was fun. I'll have 8 players fighting on my team and there will be a spy I call out and no one does anything or notices.

Except meta, he's decent. He was sad when I killed him after he dead ringed and walked into a pipe as I fell down that I had shot into the doorway he was going to walk out of in 6 seconds though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Togglesworlh said:
Nope!

Worthless classes: pyro, heavy.
Heavy is a solid core for a team and helps push up and kill everything withing 15 feet of him.
Pyro is troll class or engie support.
Spy is to dick around with for 1 minute to kill a sniper or sap a tele.

Lumine

Hah, played last night for an hour or so for the first time again in months. And I get called a hacker right away. :(
I did have some nice rounds as a huntsman though. :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lumine said:
Hah, played last night for an hour or so for the first time again in months. And I get called a hacker right away. :(
I did have some nice rounds as a huntsman though. :)
Artemis hacks with huntsman, but we let it slide.

TGMIII

I wouldn't say any of the classes are worthless but certainly some of them are less effective than others. I could go into a whole essay about this but it depends on the person playing the class and the people you're playing with.

In competitive play you'll not see many spies, pyros or engies be that useful (every now and again you'll see a heavy) where as with public play you'll see everything from a team full of spies to a team full of scouts. It's all pretty subjective.

quick-fix is shit everywhere

DarkKyo

Today is the day!! Also, what do you guys think of this hat I made.. pre-texture atm
3P1t0.jpg
xXYrY.jpg

so far I call it the Victorian Flame but I was also thinking of Victorian Secret as a play on the lingerie catalog's name and Pyro's gender mystery

mojiimbo

I was going to whine about how someone should make an Apocalypse Now themed soldier set with a cavalry hat and golden ascot but apparently someone did(almost a year ago) so instead I'll whine about how Valve should add them immediately as a craftable set like the Pith Helmet/Mutton Chops or Armored Authority/Fancy Dress Uniform. They could even sell them as a 2 misc thing with the glasses and ascot separately.

8jcSJ.jpg

Kuro Madoushi said:
Worthless classes become worthless when worthless players play them. E.g. fail spies that can only rely on one douchey mechanic
You know the dead ringer is just as viable as the default watch, right?

It's one of the few unlockables that significantly changes the way you play a class without gimping you severely.

As much as I love demoknight and as much as I'm a proponent for pipes over stickies, you'll never hear me say demoknight is better than or even as good as vanilla demoman. But dead ringer spies can definitely be as good as vanilla spies. Just depends on how you play. Personally, I hate the dead ringer. Can't get the hang of it. Good thing I don't have to!

I really want to be good at spy again. ): Last night I had a spark of that. Then Mitaphkrully ragequit. Ahahaha.

SteveWinwood said:
It's like worthless has a different definition in this thread. Heavy is worthless? Soldier? Man give me what you're smoking, I want some.
You're clearly new to TF2 GAF, so I will forgive you your ignorance.

One of the benefits of not playing TF2 for a year is I no longer give a shit about having all the items, even though I used to want everything.

Yay progress.

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
One of the benefits of not playing TF2 for a year is I no longer give a shit about having all the items, even though I used to want everything.

Yay progress.
I used to want everything that affected gameplay, but I think somewhere around the time of the scout fire stick and Halloween crazy metal thing, I lost track or motivation.

I think I have most everything that affects gameplay besides the Rift items and maybe a scout weapon now...and of course like 4 polycount hats. *rage*

Yeef

I only care about weapons with unique stats.

I have them all already. When the update hits I'll probably craft all of the new ones immediately. Even for weapons that suck, I hate not having them because what if they suddenly get bufffed or some new feature is found or something? Having all options available is the best!

EmCeeGramr said:
new dead ringer where the spy feigns injuries and then everyone has to stop playing while he holds his knee if fake pain

They could even reuse this line.

Speaking of domination lines, I hope they actually recorded some new Medic lines while they had Robin Atkin Downes doing Meet the Medic, and that we actually get them before the end of the year...

Kade

I have all the items I want now.

Giving away crates because I don't like em and I don't want em. Not leaving the server tonight until there are no crates in my backpack.

Yeef

You can also bug Blizzard about server updates now!

Here's a full list

People to Bug for any reason
Borgnine
Blizzard
n0b
ArtistDude
Sciz
Javaman

People to never bug because they'll just ignore you and maybe ban you forever
Yeef
Remy

Top Bottom