• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

So, played a round of Hydro on the beta to test out the new weapon changes, especially the Boston Basher. Here's some impressions:

- There was only one active server, which was playing Hydro. Seems not many people play the beta.

- You don't start out with the weapons that have beta changes, just the weapons that haven't made it into the game yet. No one had any of the changed weapons, so I didn't get to do any testing. Oh welllllll.

- The default Scattergun viewmodel is huge! So used to playing without them, felt weird having half the screen covered when you reload.

- Low sensitivty is not for me: felt really awkward playing with the default.

- Those red damage numbers are really hard to see.

- The default HUD is worse than I remember it being, haha.

- I thought there was a flank route you could jump down to, but it was a pit. I did this three times.

Forkball

Boney said:
ok no update tonight, but doesn't mean we can't play! especially because i missed yesterday.

gaffers assemble!
You're a fool to play before the update hits. That will just reduce your drops after the update hits meaning you have a lower chance of getting new items.

I had such an exhausting day at work and was looking forward to the update but noooooooo Valve just had to troll us.

roMonster

After 800 hours of soldiering my soldier has gone from a green dough boy to a battle hardened veteran.

YjeLg.png

EmCeeGramr said:
where is everyone

it's a bunch of unfunny bad randoms and i'm pretty much holding down the fort here
I left because I wanted to get more achievements with my scout, but I'll come back and stink up the place I guess.

Forkball

I don't want to hype people up, but the update...

IS TOMORROW OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Drunkenf00l confirmed that loadouts and the second misc slots will be in the update, hopefully a lot more too. You'd think they'd give us a ton of misc items to take advantage of the new slots. I admit I'll be a bit disappointed if it's a separate update from the Halloween one.

peacemakerj.jpg

tf2modding121.png

35jcq3d.jpg

visor.png

Yeef

Most of those are ugly. Especially the scout vest.

The bird is placed poorly and would only be good if it were animated.

Forkball said:
You'd think they'd give us a ton of misc items to take advantage of the new slots.

I hope they do, so all them cheap bastards hoarding teddys,pocket meds, sore eyes etc etc for absurd prices lose out on good offers they could've taken

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Forkball said:

Drunkenf00l confirmed that loadouts and the second misc slots will be in the update, hopefully a lot more too. You'd think they'd give us a ton of misc items to take advantage of the new slots. I admit I'll be a bit disappointed if it's a separate update from the Halloween one.
Don't jinx it!

Yeef

If I'm not around when the update drops make sure to bug artistdude to restart the server so that it's updated!

Proven

Forkball said:

visor.png
I don't know why, but this Pyro misc just came off as soooo awesome to me.

Then again, I'm weird. The Pyro is arguably my favorite class, but I'm the only one that hates 99% of his current hats/miscs.

The only thing I desperately need from the update is loadouts. I experiment too much and it's nice to have a quick switch method for when I want to play serious, or join a pug and need to remember what's ESEA legal. And then there are all the weapons that are freakin' hard to switch from because you can't switch to them (shields, boots, etc...)

Tenck

All I want is the loadouts. I'm switching from the Kunai, YER, and regular knife a lot now. Sure changing just the knife is pretty easy, but I want to dress differently with each knife.

Noh Mercy with YER.
French Mans Berret with Regular knife
and nano one with the Kunai.

Speaking of which, if anyone here uas a Noh Mercy I would take it off your hands. No one in the trade thread is listening to me ;_;

Zomba13

Forkball said:

Drunkenf00l confirmed that loadouts and the second misc slots will be in the update
YES!!! :D

Yeef

You can also bug Sciz, n0b* and Borgnine* for server updates now!

*Provided n0b and borgnine check their messages some time between now and when I have to go to work in the morning.

Top Bottom