• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

I think it's pretty terrible, personally. Other than catching someone around a corner, there's no reason anyone should really die to it if they see you coming.

One bug that i found out about tonight, the hard way, though, is that if you airblast a pyro using the taunt he still seems to keep the damage resistance for the duration the taunt WOULD have lasted.

I think it's pretty terrible, personally. Other than catching someone around a corner, there's no reason anyone should really die to it if they see you coming.

One bug that i found out about tonight, the hard way, though, is that if you airblast a pyro using the taunt he still seems to keep the damage resistance for the duration the taunt WOULD have lasted.

So you actually cancel his taunt but his damage resistance buff still is there for the remaining duration.

Demoman are the best at taking out the Pyros.

Tenck

Everyone needs to work on their communication skills. There were tons of times that people were saying things over the mic and other people just ignored it. For instance when I (and another person) say "there's a spy behind you soldier" like 4 times, if you're playing soldier you should probably turn around to check.

I gave up using my mic, and don't think I'll use it any time soon (other than to say hello to probably Guy Kazama (also known as Tim!))

Everyone needs to work on their communication skills. There were tons of times that people were saying things over the mic and other people just ignored it. For instance when I (and another person) say "there's a spy behind you soldier" like 4 times, if you're playing soldier you should probably turn around to check.
I normally listening to music and can barely make out what people say.

I wish school would let me play. I don't think I've played with GAF in over a week now. :(

webrunner

I tried playing God Hand a few times. I got to this bar really early on (like, 5-10 mins in) and when I beat a guy some demon dude appeared and wiped the floor with me.

Perhaps it is not the game for me.

I tried playing God Hand a few times. I got to this bar really early on (like, 5-10 mins in) and when I beat a guy some demon dude appeared and wiped the floor with me.

Perhaps it is not the game for me.

Everybody gets wiped out by random demon dude at the bar. It's a (purposefully made)bad game design decision as Clover Studios laughs at you, and you have to laugh right back if you want to succeed.

Proven

Everybody gets wiped out by random demon dude at the bar. It's a (purposefully made)bad game design decision as Clover Studios laughs at you, and you have to laugh right back if you want to succeed.
You learn to fight a mini-boss at around the same point you'd be experimenting with your god powers. But call it what you want.

This is the last chance for all of you. http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=645
The text is transcript of the video.

Five-ten minutes into the game, God Hand throws a bizarre, challenging monster at you to kick your ass. Its like you just learned to nail lay-ups and Kobe Bryant shows up to challenge you to a game of first to 21.

Its a game that really doesn't give a fuck about you. God Hand isn't here to show you a good time and hold your hand through its amazing production values. The visuals are shitty even for the PS2, the music is often tiny and out of place, and there's barely a narrative to connect why you fight Japanese demonic swordsmen who show up from doors appearing in thin air.

But beneath that ugly exterior and almost non-existent production values remains a combat system so brilliant, its still unparalleled in the genre. God Hand is tight in a way I'm sure plenty of developers lack the innate talent to achieve, and the ridiculous difficulties available once you've finished the game reveal the robustness of the mechanics. Better than this, God Hand manages the trick of never once letting you slip into unthinking routine, endeavoring and succeeding to be ceaselessly engaging, constantly on your toes, making every single encounter as difficult as the last. Even when taking on the weakest enemy the moment you stop paying attention is the moment you get panned, and that's something even DMC3 or NGB couldn't manage.

Let put this into sex analogies, because that's all I know how to do: God Hand is an ugly bitch who thinks raging homosexual jokes are funny and nags at you the entire time you're having sex, but if you put up with it, you'll get one of the greatest fucks of your life.

Why are we talking about this, again?

yeoz

So does all this talk mean that GODHAND is the new engineer robot hand upgrade??
Gunslinger-style-minisentries that shoots single rockets, 150 refined to build, limited ammo (4-8 rockets?), less health, and can't be reloaded.
People would rage?

Blizzard

Banned
Gunslinger-style-minisentries that shoots single rockets, 150 refined to build, limited ammo (4-8 rockets?), less health, and can't be reloaded.
People would rage?
As long as I can use the wrangler to hit snipers with the rockets, I'm all for it!

Javaman

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Fixed a demo/replay playback crash
Changed the way bot counts are displayed in the server browser: the bot column is now next to the player column and always visible. Bot count is no longer subtracted from maxplayers.

Team Fortress 2
Added the Alladin's Private Reserve for the Demo
Fixed a bug where the Medic would lose his healing target's speed when deploying his ÜberCharge while using the Quick-Fix
Fixed a bug that would cause some Team Spirit painted hats to show as black-painted in the Steam Community
Localized the team goal strings for cp_steel and pl_frontier
Added missing level_data strings to kill_eater_score_type elements in the GetSchema WebAPI response
Updated pl_frontier with author-submitted fixes:
small prop adjustments
several unsewn/gappy displacements fixed up
func_push altered below final capture point
Undocumented changes: Updated all localization files
Fuuuuuuuuuk yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Schema says:

http://pastie.org/3260310

"name": "Alladin's Private Reserve",
+ "defindex": 708,
+ "item_class": "tf_wearable",
+ "item_type_name": "Mystical Lamp",
+ "item_name": "Alladin's Private Reserve",
+ "item_description": "Originally owned by some punk kid in Syria, this Arabian wish-granter is a lamp full of liquid courage. Simply rub, think liquory thoughts, and pour. Warning: don't think about anything else while rubbing, or you might not get booze."
djinn_lamp_large.bb27dfe67a3733d754abcdad7ba818d6bf72c1bd.png

Sianos

I've been wanting to play TF2 as well, but I've just been too busy and of course too tired to play. There's no time to sleep when other people have problems to solve!

I should be on tomorrow night and for the weekend, though, so prepare your razorbacks!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been wanting to play TF2 as well, but I've just been too busy and of course too tired to play. There's no time to sleep when other people have problems to solve!

I should be on tomorrow night and for the weekend, though, so prepare your razorbacks!

I was Tired but not NSQUOTE today

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
It was actually kind of awesome on Brickyard, when the round starts there's like 40 cabermen flying past each other in the air. Also that was the first time the words awesome and brickyard have been in the same sentence.

Top Bottom