• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

Zeke and I rocked Granary.

ROCKED IT.

CF99AA77A7ED83A79DFC2A2CBE0AAA11ADD0A7FD

DE9203B3F3408A1AFD9C609E276C9650797727FB

B58D6251A9CCCB16BCB1E297B3CB5CDE0D0D7F30

I recall Yeef doing this a couple weeks ago when he airblasted a jarate back onto a sniper and then killed him. Not only that, it was during a duel and got him two points for it.

Since it was a suicide, I'll assume he had to have died from fall damage of some sort as I don't know of any way a sniper can suicide. Or the pyro could have airblasted the jarate onto someone else, like a demo or a soldier, and then the enemy could have offed himself with explosive self damage trying to kill the pyro.

Yeef

I recall Yeef doing this a couple weeks ago when he airblasted a jarate back onto a sniper and then killed him. Not only that, it was during a duel and got him two points for it.

Since it was a suicide, I'll assume he had to have died from fall damage of some sort as I don't know of any way a sniper can suicide. Or the pyro could have airblasted the jarate onto someone else, like a demo or a soldier, and then the enemy could have offed himself with explosive self damage trying to kill the pyro.
When I did it, it was me reflecting jarate back at you and then killing you.

Back a couple years ago there was a bug where hitting someone with Jarate and then killing thme got you an assist. They fixed it a while back though, but I guess they either rebroke it or some instances of it never got fixed.

To people who keep crashing: Do you play the game in full screen or windowed? I'm just wondering as I've heard Nvidia is more prone to crashing in TF2 but having made the switch from AMD to Nvidia recently I still don't get crashes. Though I do play with a borderless window at my native resolution since that just generally spruces up my TF2 performance.

Yeef

I feel like few of you people understand basic attack/defend strategies and undervalue the importance of teleporters and engineer nests in general. If you're a spy or scout on offense, taking out teleporters should ALWAYS be your top priority. Killing people isn't very useful if they can get right back to the front lines in a few seconds. On the other side, if you're on offense and you see an engineer setting up a Forward Operating Base, protect him until his base gets to a decent size. Defending an area is generally easier than pushing in, but pushing is more likely to be successful if you have teammates with you. Having a base means you have a place to fall back to for health. The combination of living longer and having teammates teleporting in means you have more people to push with.

TF2 is setup so that people respawn in waves. Unless you're the only one to have died you should always be spawning with a teammate or two. Stick together as well as you can (assuming you're not a scoot).

This stuff should be instinctive-level stuff considering the average skill level of the GAF server, yet somehow people don't do any of it.

I feel like few of you people understand basic attack/defend strategies and undervalue the importance of teleporters and engineer nests in general. If you're a spy or scout on offense, taking out teleporters should ALWAYS be your top priority. Killing people isn't very useful if they can get right back to the front lines in a few seconds. On the other side, if you're on offense and you see an engineer setting up a Forward Operating Base, protect him until his base gets to a decent size. Defending an area is generally easier than pushing in, but pushing is more likely to be successful if you have teammates with you. Having a base means you have a place to fall back to for health. The combination of living longer and having teammates teleporting in means you have more people to push with.

TF2 is setup so that people respawn in waves. Unless you're the only one to have died you should always be spawning with a teammate or two. Stick together as well as you can (assuming you're not a scoot).

This stuff should be instinctive-level stuff considering the average skill level of the GAF server, yet somehow people don't do any of it.

I think I have to work on helping the engineer setting up his nest. Will definitely help me remember if the engineer ask for help.

I assume this is regarding Barn Blitz. Well any other maps I guess.

Yeef

I think I have to work on helping the engineer setting up his nest. Will definitely help me remember if the engineer ask for help.

I assume this is regarding Barn Blitz. Well any other maps I guess.
It's not regarding any specific event, just stuff I've noticed people NOT doing or the last month or so.

Forkball

Also don't have three engineers of offense. COME ON WE HAD THAT ROUND.

88AFF53ADB4AC87B7BE1020BC96C91FB28953E62

I have no idea how this happened. Ten active stickies? I must be some kind of super hacker so well versed in the ways of hacking that I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Yeef

Game saw your terrible sticky spot and felt pity for you
Forgot to save a replay of my AWESOME sticky spot on Barnblitz. Blew up two heavies and a medic with a single explosion while they were kritz'd.

Also, this is really more Forkball's gig, but since he's probably asleep; conspiracy theory: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29524720&postcount=1
So I'm checking out the steam workshop and i find this guy posting robot heads for classes, and so far I think everything same old same old until I see a certain robot head for Demoman, which reminded me of a robot demoman head found in foundry.

MY THEORY
This man is a secret worker for valve and is checking out peoples responses.

Robot Demoman foundry pic: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/File:Cp_foundry_photos.jpg

Steam community profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hunter-killer/myworkshopfiles

please discuss I might be onto something

Game saw your terrible sticky spot and felt pity for you

Oh, I must have missed the super amazing awesome spot on the beginning of Steel where no one expects to see stickies.

The ones on the ground aren't there by design but only because getting stickies to stay on the window crossbar is tricky. I typically put them there because when the shutter raises, it'll kill anything behind it and no one is ever concerned with the second window.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh, I must have missed the super amazing awesome spot on the beginning of Steel where no one expects to see stickies.

The ones on the ground aren't there by design but only because getting stickies to stay on the window crossbar is tricky. I typically put them there because when the shutter raises, it'll kill anything behind it and no one is ever concerned with the second window.
Didn't know about that one, nice to learn.

Bluth54

Most resonable thing to guess is, of course, he is a secret valve worker.

There are secret Valve employees everywhere!
You encounter dozens of them in your daily life. Dozens! Who are they? I can't say, it's a secret!
Am I one? Is my major update schedule speculation a few pages back actually the currently planned upgrade schedule for TF2 this year?
I think I'll plead the fifth.

There are secret Valve employees everywhere!
You encounter dozens of them in your daily life. Dozens! Who are they? I can't say, it's a secret!
Am I one? Is my major update schedule speculation a few pages back actually the currently planned upgrade schedule for TF2 this year?
I think I'll plead the fifth.

Quick! Everyone check Bluth's backpack for weapons with questionable properties! And then check the backpack of all of his friends in case he's trying to throw us off by using an alt when playing with us!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

But to thought we were only playing for fun and screwing around and cabermanning. What is this winning strategy BS? You need to be given 'the business'

Yes, I find myself often forgetting to play for the team. I've always been a team deathmatch person, and sometimes I get into that mode and just forget about objectives. Going to try and work on that some more.

You might consider turning off all-talk to see if players do more co-ordination over mic. When I've played, I hesitate to say anything because 1. all the cross-talk drowns out actual team co-ordination and 2. even if you co-ordinate, the other team can hear it.

Yeef

But to thought we were only playing for fun and screwing around and cabermanning. What is this winning strategy BS? You need to be given 'the business'
The two aren't mutually exclusive. I know that may be hard to wrap your head around. I can give people the business while still capping points and killing medics.

You might consider turning off all-talk to see if players do more co-ordination over mic. When I've played, I hesitate to say anything because 1. all the cross-talk drowns out actual team co-ordination and 2. even if you co-ordinate, the other team can hear it.
Nope. Team talk is already there for that, but everyone but me is too lazy to use it.

[EDIT] Also, got an Outback intellectual drop. It's pretty snazzy.

windz

Engineer power! Fun times the other night. Agree though with your points, but in TF2 it feels like 90%+ of the time I'm kind of on my own/it's up to me to get my nest up. I really never expect any help or cover. It's amazing when it happens though.

I love alltalk.

On engi nests....At the very least if you're a pyro you should stay and help protect them if you see one that is being built/is built up. Makes dealing with spies 100x easier

Top Bottom