• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Speaking of voice . . . how do you guys play sound files in game? I've tried HLDJ and HLSS but neither seem to work for me. It looks like TF2 upgraded its audio codec last year rendering them in-operable (or so it seems).

Speaking of voice . . . how do you guys play sound files in game? I've tried HLDJ and HLSS but neither seem to work for me. It looks like TF2 upgraded its audio codec last year rendering them in-operable (or so it seems).

use hldj to convert the files to wav. Make sure the volume is not too loud.

Yeef

The Jank is on the old codec. With the speex codec playfomfile doesn't work.

BY2K

Membero Americo
- Fixed a case where capturing a point in overtime would end the round before time could be added

About time.

Now our games on Gorge won't end before it should.

that sucks, hope you get your stuff up and running soon.

Brand new Power Supply get and installed! (Was a bitch to do, though.)

I'll be able to play with you guys tonight.

commissar

Cool, I tested HLDJ on the empty Jank server, and it works.

For servers on the new codec, what can be used?
You need to set up a virtual line in and then route your music player or whatever to output to that. Then set it as your primary mic with auto transmit.

Though I couldn't find any wrapper programs which work as a single button soundboard whilst still in game.
Maybe I'm just dumb and missed an option somewhere.

Clydefrog

You need to set up a virtual line in and then route your music player or whatever to output to that. Then set it as your primary mic with auto transmit.

Though I couldn't find any wrapper programs which work as a single button soundboard whilst still in game.
Maybe I'm just dumb and missed an option somewhere.

ding ding ding

ixjy1hc9HdinX.gif

gentlemen

some real great medic play tonight

that "i have 100% uber and i'm healing a demo flanking behind their heavy/medic, i better run away and leave the demo to die so i can heal a heavy who keeps getting headshot" tactic just kept working over and over

also uh ban heavies or whatever

Shotgun Heavy all day everyday.

Plus it might cause Medics to think twice about Ubering you instead of that demo when we need to bust the Sentry nest.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The last round of goldrush was sickening.

One pyro. ONE pyro. Right there. Alone. With at least 3 people around him. They don't do shit and literally let's him push the cart to the goal.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The last round of goldrush was sickening.

One pyro. ONE pyro. Right there. Alone. With at least 3 people around him. They don't do shit and literally let's him push the cart to the goal.
It's easy to forget Pyros exist.

goldrush [is] sickening.

agreed

i was happy to play tf2 tonight since i haven't had a chance in like a week, but i couldn't even make it through goldrush 2. such a vile map, made even worse when nob does his whole heavy-on-payload-offense thing.

Fast-switch is glorious, but I still screw up the goofy Valve way of sorting inventory. Pressing 3 to switch to the melee weapon? What a developer.

Javaman

Gold Rush, stage 3. I "killed" the Dead Ringing Spy [SolidSnake?] a bunch trying to creep around.
Yeah, that definitely saved the day. They had 2 spies doing everything they could to take out the forward base. There' basically a 0% chance to win the map without teleporters to the last point. Everytime I turned around solid and the other spy were trying to sap the tele.

Top Bottom