• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I never took dickyard off the server. It's just The Jank being The Jank.

[EDIT] Also, A3 will have some [non-final] textures, just because I'm tired of looking at the dev textures.

I was just kidding. Not about racist part though.

Is it just me or is that giant blank wall screaming out for a big overlay that says THE JANKYARD. But it'd be like an old rusty sign and stuff. It would look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/qJBPM.jpg

And it would be available in a 1024x1024 vtf with transparency, if you wanted to use it: http://ge.tt/6MWThYF/v/0?c

Yeef

I had a dream about a major TF2 update last night.

Or was it a prophecy?
It is the end times. Tomorrow Valve will announce that they are disbanding the TF2 team and ceasing all production.

Thanks a lot, Forkball!

I was just kidding. Not about racist part though.

Is it just me or is that giant blank wall screaming out for a big overlay that says THE JANKYARD. But it'd be like an old rusty sign and stuff. It would look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/qJBPM.jpg

And it would be available in a 1024x1024 vtf with transparency, if you wanted to use it: http://ge.tt/6MWThYF/v/0?c
You should do one with a more steely color for the blue side as well. (thanks)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Jankyard signs are great, but I was hoping Yeef would name the red building Sanford and Son Salvage. Then Bors or Yasae can loop the theme song ad infinitum when we play.

leroidys

As someone who plays solider the majority of the time, I find it to be very rocket friendly. I have no idea or suggestion on how to fix it, but that's just something I noticed.

This is a problem with tf2 maps as a whole, especially recent ones. I don't necessarily think soldier is OP as a class, but on maps that include a lot of open space and/or verticality, soldiers strengths are certainly accentuated over other classes.

Borgnine

Jankyard signs are great, but I was hoping Yeef would name the red building Sanford and Son Salvage. Then Bors or Yasae can loop the theme song ad infinitum when we play.

Don't encourage them please.

Actually that's pretty good. Yeef is under no obligation to use my signs. Also I didn't think there were too many soldiers or that they were a problem. Just be a scout and shoot them down like I did, I'm pretty much the best at scouting.

I was wondering this too. There isn't a whole lot you can do when capturing and soldiers start raining fury down upon you.
Well I'm an alright scout, so I started the map scooting. Was holding a 1:1, but couldn't cap cause of rocket jumping soldiers firing rockets down on the point. I switched to soldier and ended up almost 2:1 and we won that last round. Not saying it was me by no means, but it seemed extremely easy to defend the point from capture by either rocket jumping over it and firing down, or getting on the truck and point blank rocketing people.

Blizzard

Banned
OP demos and soldiers wouldn't be as much of a problem if we just gave the heavy a minigun that shot rockets.

The medic blutsauger should also shoot medic rockets.

Yeef

Jankyard A3 is now on the server.

Not really too many gameplay changes, but the ones that are there are pretty big. I think I'll take a break for a week or so and then fix up some issues and start fleshing out the cosmetic stuff.

Changelog:
  • Enshortened the front balcony
  • Moved Hole in side roof further over
  • Added some basic, temporary textures
  • Lowered skybox back to its correct height
  • Added barrels behind metal barriers for extra cover
  • Added vertical cover to point
  • Dropped center pallet to the floor and added a prop. Now you can just run over it from either side.

B772BB466DDAE927FD5D505D3ACC4FD4214651CB

EF1F8D3BDF44F1F39C6833D0CECE6A2D343A3FB2

08542AED5A63AFF31A687138326616CFA8C549B7

E548705D7E275E3E3A7A6D2F8DEBE3A2B91A9D72

47BB875ACCE0745F6EA72C0CAAB99C35E0EBD7DA

Sianos

There's now an option to nominate Dickyard, but if the map file itself seems to be missing, crashing the server. Redownloading the map seems to have fixed it for me.

Jankyard is missing an option too.

Yeef

There's now an option to nominate Dickyard, but if the map file itself seems to be missing, crashing the server. Redownloading the map seems to have fixed it for me.

Jankyard is missing an option too.
Nope. You can't nominate any maps from the last two groups played. This is to keep variety. Since you were on a GAF Map you can't nominate another GAF map until two maps later.

Borgnine

No way am I standing on that fucking point, looks like a death trap. Jankyard sign looking good. OH OH there should be some way to add specularity to it, maybe through the material file, and then drop a cubemap in front of that shit. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW HOT THAT WOULD BE.

Also I hope my map doesn't crash the server. I mean if everyone leaves because it sucks though that's fine.

Oreoleo

pl official to plr custom to pl custom to plr official?

Something like that, yeah. The only way we're gonna go from official payload to official payload is if an admin switched to it intentionally, and I'd like to think most of the admins have better sense than to play back to back payload maps :\

Sianos

Nope. You can't nominate any maps from the last two groups played. This is to keep variety. Since you were on a GAF Map you can't nominate another GAF map until two maps later.

Nope. When I was originally nominating Dickyard there was no option for Jankyard.

The new point design seems a little too claustrophobic. Other than that, the map is shaping up very nicely.

Nope. When I was originally nominating Dickyard there was no option for Jankyard.

The new point design seems a little too claustrophobic. Other than that, the map is shaping up very nicely.
I think it's going to give some vital protection from rocket spam. Last night I cleared the point several times by jumping onto the truck and just standing there firing straight down at people huddled against the walls. It's going to stop that from happening so easily. I'm interested in seeing how it plays out.

Yeef

It was probably played within the last [7] maps. In which case it wouldn't show up. (I don't remember what I actually have that set to, it's somewhere between 7 and 10 though).

Forkball

First TF2 GAFfer who quotes this post gets a Dota 2 invite. The only catch is I have to know who you are (i.e. played TF2 with) and you don't already have Dota 2 (don't be a gift hoarder).

Top Bottom