• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

Shengar

Damnit guys, look at that fu'kins number. Now I'm torn whether I should buy this with Celceta or just Celceta alone. But no matter how good it is, it's ended up being bombed thanks to Sony's genius marketing skills for releasing it near next-gen with almost no advertising (at least SCEA).

Protome

I'll give it a read and give you some feedback shortly. First thing I noticed (reading on an older version of IE) is that the text is too close to the left edge of the page, making reading a little weird.

That seems to happen based on window size, I'll see if there's anything we can do about it!

nampad

Damnit guys, look at that fu'kins number. Now I'm torn whether I should buy this with Celceta or just Celceta alone. But no matter how good it is, it's ended up being bombed thanks to Sony's genius marketing skills for releasing it near next-gen with almost no advertising (at least SCEA).

Then buy it. Every sale counts against the bomba.

So glad I bought a Vita now, only grabbed one for remote play while they were £140 but I'm loving it. Tearaway, P4G, all the PS+ games. So good.

thespaff

Double Fine
Lots of smiles in the Media Molecule studio this morning :)
Thanks for everyone's kind words! <3

Happy_Mummer.gif

wouwie

Media Molecule is one of my favourite studios. I loved LBP and i'm sure i'll love this too. Also, i'm really happy to see those positive reviews and i can't wait to play the game.

Pistolero

Kudos to Media Molecule for this must-have gem of a title! We have another strong contender for portable GOTY...
I hope Tearaway sales reward the audacity of the project, and I get goosbumps thinking about their yet to be discussed PS4 endeavour...

SmokyDave

All you bastards with a Vita better buy this game. I know I know backlog. Put it there but buy it

I'm letting this one to the front of the queue I reckon. I did the whole 'but backlog' hesitation but then I realised I'll be getting a PS4 a week later so the perfect window is the week after release.

If I knew the store would actually have the game readily available I think it would hilarious to go to a midnight launch for Xbone and pickup Tearaway. You imagine the face of the person ringing you out? Lol.

Can't wait to pick this up on Friday. Really wish SCEA would have supported this better. A $199 bundle with memory card could have been a great holiday bundle, that is actually for all ages and not just Mature for once.

Ratrat

Preordered even though I don't own a vita... I'm shocked that this is the game that pushed me over the edge.

Considering the comments in replayability I'm guessing there's no user created content?

Playstation blog says that Tearaway is out in Australia, but I can't see it on PSN. I guess it's only retail until the EU store updates?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, outlets were very dumb with how they reviewed Killzone Mercenary (comparing it to full console releases), although I'm not getting that from Tearaway reviews yet.

Sure, this happens all the time. I remember Pikmin 3 got ducked because "although it is a great game, it's not a real system seller for the Wii U." It was like they criticed the Pikmin franchise for not being Mario or something.

Reviewers write dumb stuff all the time, but it's better to take on these concrete points than blindly throw the "media so biased" narrative.

Raonak

Banned
WOW. I was expecting like 8s. Media Molecule really proved they aren't a one trick pony (not that I had any doubt)

Top Bottom