• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

If you dress Ryu in a rainbow gi and you give him green dredlocks is it still Ryu? It would be damn funny though and amusing. That's all I'm trying to say... I do feel like I've beat this horse too much. Time for the old man to retire.

GrayFoxPL

If you dress Ryu in a rainbow gi and give him black dredlocks is it still Ryu? It would be damn funny though and amusing. That's all I'm trying to say... I do feel like I've beat this horse too much . Time for the old man to retire.

Ummm yes?

If you dress in white shirt instead of yesterdays blue one, you stop being yourself?

Regardless, that scenario only occurs with Mokujin and people who are new to the game. When you have played enough Tekken you can tell who it is via stance fairly quickly.
Yeah, screw newbies and people who don't play often...

My initial point was some stances are vague and when players start skipping intro poses and playing footsies, you can't immediately tell.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, screw newbies and people who don't play often...

My initial point was some stances are vague and when players start skipping intro poses and playing footsies, you can't immediately tell.

I may only mixup nina and anna from time to time. Rest of characters have pretty different stances from one another.

And I'll always recognize Asuka, because of you know what. ;D

Do you know Ryu at all?

Lol.

You act very young.

I didn't intend to be part of Ceasar's army haha. With the added slots, I'm looking forward to customizing. My ocd kept me from wanting to change from the defaults... except Yoshi's stupid P2 head in T6.

Ryu isn't a flashy character the way he dresses reflect his approach to life, form follows function. Ryu is always serious and contemplatively subdued. It would be very out of character for him to dawn a rainbow gi and green dreadlocks. It would be blasphemous. Edit: In your defense, Tekken has always been a parody of itself, look at the end movies.

GrayFoxPL

Let's not do any blasphemous things to our characters, guise.

My grandma screamed: "Blasphemy! Filth!" when she saw bare chested Ryu in SF4. So I don't know.

Shit already happened I guess.

Sayah

But you see the name of the character right before the match begins. Recognizing characters has never been a problem for me.

jxo04qziJ9Lun.jpg

Edit: Damn it GrayFox. Beaten by half an hour, lol.
Edit 2: It's cool, though, moonsault. I kind of see what you mean.

Let's not do any blasphemous things to our characters, guise.

My grandma screamed: "Blasphemy! Filth!" when she saw bare chested Ryu in SF4. So I don't know.

Shit already happened I guess.

Taking one's shirt off is a surely a sign of flashy arrogance. Form follows function.

Gotta say great job on the OP. I don't really follow Tekken but TTT2 has me interested after seeing some recent stuff. Love all the helpful gifs even if it takes my comp forever to load, ha.

Too bad my region gets the regular cover art. I'd like to rock the King&Eddie/Christie&Jaycee cover.

GrayFoxPL

How dare they dress like this. Completely ruins what they are.

It's okay, I like your ramblings Caesar. :p

It's okay I know how this is. One day I didn't wear my lucky Dolph Lundgren T-shirt and I forgot my karate skills just like that! *snaps finger* I needed my karate that day, badly.

But you see the name of the character right before the match begins. Recognizing characters has never been a problem for me.

Edit: Damn it GrayFox. Beaten by half an hour, lol.
Edit 2: It's cool, though, moonsault. I kind of see what you mean.
Are we sure this is online/competitive?

You forgot to complain about the crush system, bounding, walls, larger buffer windows, hop kick superiority and side walking.

Those all take presidence over costumes in the elitist handbook.

I don't mind any of that. I think risk reward on launchers are way to high and it completely breaks the entire game.

I don't mind any of that. I think risk reward on launchers are way to high and it completely breaks the entire game.

Thats what I meant with hopkick superiority and the crush system. It's a common complaint.

So just so we're straight on this: you don't enjoy Tekken anymore and you're here to complain about it?

I'd like to complain about how they changed the sound effects on King's throws and the visual affect on Kuma's claws in Tekken 3.
Is there a T3 thread or should I make one?

Thats what I meant with hopkick superiority and the crush system. It's a common complaint.

So just so we're straight on this: you don't enjoy Tekken anymore and you're here to complain about it?

I'd like to complain about how they changed the sound effects on King's throws and the visual affect on Kuma's claws in Tekken 3.

My biggest problem is the customizations. I enjoy the game just fine until someone dresses up like old Saint Nick with sunglasses. ;)

Bleep

My biggest cocern is not knowing who I'm fighting immediately. When you take away character names and their looks, you need to wait until you get a glimpse of the intro pose before they skip it, their stance that can sometimes be vague or a move you recognize when it's too late. That is dog shit. If my job as a member of the secondary of a football team is too cover #81, I'm going to have a hard time finding him if he starts wearing a different number and I need to rely on his movements.

Tekken Tag 2 shows the portrait for each point character next to their health bar so this isn't a problem.

Sayah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAakZG3Zps (ends around 13:30)

but wtf @ that other guy's steve costume
MY EYEEEEEEEEES. Dear God if I come across someone wearing that online.

oh, so you like every single one of them #NinaSux
oh no you di'ent.
>:O

I love Nina's sound effects in T4. Just hear that beautiful humming of an angel.

I also like how the orange/red smudges in T4 are barely noticeable. Don't understand why they went back to big, noticeable red smudges.

Sayah

Trying to decide on stage themes. There's a lot of amazing TTT2 tracks that I replaced but I will go back and forth and switch between tracks so it should be fine, I guess. Also, decided not to use T6 music since I've already heard enough of Fallen Colony, Electric Fountain and Anger of the Earth.

jv1L8jLjTLfP9.png

Wayang Kulit - No change
Also, made a mistake. The Max Anarchy track goes under Philippines stage. Netherlands definitely has no change to it.

You can thank Degen for this....

jbnIcNt79acl7I.jpg

SO AWESOME.

which makes me ask what characters are slight references to pop icons?

I always thought of Lee as a reference to Prince.

-Older man but still looks really young for his age.
-Similar attire.
-Flamboyant personality
-I think some of Lee's customization options in Tekken 5 included a guitar and a pretty wicked hairdo.
-In Tekken 4 he hid from Mishima Corporation using the name "Violet" (Similar to Prince's infatuation with the color Purple). Also you could say that Violet was "The Fighter formerly known as Lee". Of course he dropped the moniker in later Tekken games.(Like Prince did when the whole mess with WB was finally sorted out)
-Lee and Prince both have brown eyes.

*shrug* That's all I got.

Stop being delusional.

On top of being a shitty game Namco couldn't even get the eye-candy aspect of DbD right. Nina looks like she needs to lay off the meth. Then again for once her appearance matches her personality.

Bob is definitely based off Sammo Hung.

I remember way back when Bob was first unveiled somebody noted that he looked like this European poet, same build, clothing, and everything. I can't find anything on it.
I dressed him up to look like Meatloaf in T6. *shrug*

Sayah

Why do electric moves look and sound better on 3DS?

On top of being a shitty game Namco couldn't even get the eye-candy aspect of DbD right. Nina looks like she needs to lay off the meth. Then again for once her appearance matches her personality.

What a bitch! I don't understand how anyone can like Nina aside from how high she usually is in the tiers.

Also this scene. I mean really now this is just plain awful.
^^^^^
Haters gonna hate.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
jv1L8jLjTLfP9.png

Wayang Kulit - No change
Also, made a mistake. The Max Anarchy track goes under Philippines stage. Netherlands definitely has no change to it.

You can thank Degen for this....

SO AWESOME.

Very nice tracklist, bonus points for using a track from Max Anarchy. When you have the time you should listen to the track "Testin' Me", it's like Jin's life story. :lol

I knew the Nina wave was coming, but I still wasn't ready for it.

Saya you gotta put "My pride" from Max Anarchy on one of those stages. Thats gotta be one of the best songs from that game.

Since Im such a nerd I put together a few of my favorite outfits from Tekken 6. I remember it taking forever for me to get the Japanese sword (left) for Asuka. I wanted swords on each side for her so badly. Tekken 6 is still such a great game, I'll be playing up until the night before TTT2's release.
gtwM8.jpg

Just 22 more days.

Here's a video showing everyone's default outfit choices, besides the four currently announced DLC characters. (Some of the uploaders comments seem a bit dubious, so I'd take them with a grain of salt.)

Some of them are pretty meh, but I guess that's easily fixed. (Alisa's guest artist outfit doesn't look that great in-game sadly.) Also, Tiger doesn't have 2P outfit, which I find really weird.

Top Bottom