• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

GrayFoxPL

I guess there is the factor that 3v3 in Tekken won't be very beginner friendly if it ever happens. Not like Marvel where you can learn a character in like an hour.

I can only use 6 buttons in tekken 6. 1234, 1+2, 3+4. For Tag2 I'll have to actually resign from 1+2 or 3+4 in favor of Tag button. That or I'll say "Fuck this!" and pick solo.

3 characters and tag buttons would mean an end of playing tekken for me. Not to mention it would be a marvel style mess. Jesus no ideas like this, please. It's bad enough that Harada considers making T7 a tag game.

Sayah

I can only use 6 buttons in tekken 6. 1234, 1+2, 3+4. For Tag2 I'll have to actually resign from 1+2 or 3+4 in favor of Tag button. That or I'll say "Fuck this!" and pick solo.

3 characters and tag buttons would mean an end of playing tekken for me. Not to mention it would be a marvel style mess. Jesus no ideas like this, please. It's bad enough that Harada considers making T7 a tag game.

Yeah, I see it can be too much to manage at once. Although, for TTT2, I plan to assign the tag button to the analog sticks.

DEATH™

@grayfox actually they tried it on tekken advance (tekken gba game). You can't stop it muwahahahaah

BTW we need to buy a fightstick. That problem of yours won't exist with that. I hate playing my pad like a stick (using left analog for directions). I miss arcades...

@sayah yeah I could see it becoming standard too... The question is to keep the one char ko (like in Tag), KOF team battle, or Marvel style elimination, or combination of any. Gotta tweak the way characters tag in too to not make it a complete mess. Good thing tekken ain't that noob friendly like marvel...

@boutdown thanks *blushes*

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;41220868 said:
@grayfox actually they tried it on tekken advance (tekken gba game). You can't stop it muwahahahaah

BTW we need to buy a fightstick. That problem of yours won't exist with that. I hate playing my pad like a stick (using left analog for directions). I miss arcades...

@sayah yeah I could see it becoming standard too... The question is to keep the one char ko (like in Tag), KOF team battle, or Marvel style elimination, or combination of any. Gotta tweak the way characters tag in too to not make it a complete mess. Good thing tekken ain't that noob friendly like marvel...

@boutdown thanks *blushes*

No.
ibkWaBQpgZXyS0.gif

*eats peanuts

GrayFoxPL

Ron Silver was so good in that movie.

Seriously though I'd go insane if I had to do finger gymnastics all the time just to hit 1+4 and 2+3.

Yeah. Best villain ever.

I can do 2+3 because I have 2 on R1. 1+4 nope, that's why I don't play Nina.

Yeah, I see it can be too much to manage at once. Although, for TTT2, I plan to assign the tag button to the analog sticks.

How does that work? R3, L3 buttons or flick of the stick?

Nice look at the customization mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1er4mTwjQ48

I just had an idea for that top with fingerless gloves on Anna. If you dont like the gloves then you can just make the color of the gloves match her skin and bam bare handed.

Yeah. Best villain ever.

I can do 2+3 because I have 2 on R1. 1+4 nope, that's why I don't play Nina.

How does that work? R3, L3 buttons or flick of the stick?

Just flick the stick. In the original tag if you played as Unknown you could press R3/L3 to change which character she mimicked, it was sweet.

And if you want to see everyone's 2P outfits check out this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37uICzsy7WY&list=PLDAEB1F2E7657DF8D&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I always felt bad about binding buttons on a pad. Theres no button checks in Tekken. So I switched to stick. Now I feel bad about losing all the time.

Had anyone tried the fight pads for tekken? I am actually accustomed to playing with thumbs only, because my thumb is wide enough to hit 1+2 or 3+4, but not reliably. I can hit 2+3, but 1+4 is out of the question.

GrayFoxPL

I always felt bad about binding buttons on a pad. Theres no button checks in Tekken. So I switched to stick. Now I feel bad about losing all the time.

Why feel bad? I know some ppl hold a pad like a stick, but then they may as well play on a stick. While holding pad regularly you can't push 1+4 and even 1+2, 3+4 is difficult without twisting our mutant thumb. It's no problem in arcades/on a stick. So why feel bad? You wanna be handicapped as a pad player?

Going online and finding nothing but customized fighters can be a buzz kill. A characters default uniform is very much a part of their personality. Hair length and hair color is also a big part of a characters personality. It is very off putting as a series veteran and to see no one plays with the classic default looks anymore. Some of the outfits that some people display and use online completely takes me out of the frame of mind to play the game. I don't want to buy this game to go online and play dress up. I don't desire it, nor will I use it, but I will have to tolerate it.

Sayah

Well, I got my pre-order all paid. Now to wait 21 more days.

DEATH™;41220868 said:

If the game ever happens, I would prefer for it to remain as one character KO. Keeps the matches short but increases pressure and stress. If that makes any sense.

Yep. Here's hoping that ghost battle drops a lot money, I want my girls to be stylish asap.

Local Vs. battles apparently earn you money now so that's quite awesome. Gonna be easier to collect fight money now. There's gonna be so much to unlock in the game, it's going to be never ending.

Just flick the stick. In the original tag if you played as Unknown you could press R3/L3 to change which character she mimicked, it was sweet.

And if you want to see everyone's 2P outfits check out this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37uICzsy7WY&list=PLDAEB1F2E7657DF8D&index=1&feature=plpp_video

^
Yeah, this.

Going online and finding nothing but customized fighters can be a buzz kill. A characters default uniform is very much a part of their personality. Hair length and hair color is also a big part of a characters personality. It is very off putting as a series veteran and to see no one plays with the classic default looks anymore. Some of the outfits that some people display and use online completely takes me out of the frame of mind to play the game. I don't want to buy this game to go online and play dress up. I don't desire it, nor will I use it, but I will have to tolerate it.

The core fighting matters a lot more. When I'm in the heat of battle, I don't usually care what the opponent is wearing.

GrayFoxPL

I hate fighting bunch of clowns, but that's how it goes. Customizations options won by fan demand. Devs just give what the majority wants.

Though I gotta admit I saw many beautiful Christies, Zafinas and Annas on T6 online lately. Much prettier then originals imho.

It's funny but I see tendency in players that their female characters are customized with care, making their characters beautiful but male characters are like... "I'll make him look retarded or like Kenshiro/Bruce Lee/Goku/Naruto."

Some customs are great but it's rare to see them. Otherwise it's hipster/homeless fashion show.

Sayah

I hate fighting bunch of clowns, but that's how it goes. Customizations options won by fan demand. Devs just give what the majority wants.

Though I gotta admit I saw many beautiful Christies, Zafinas and Annas on T6 online lately. Much prettier then originals imho.

It's funny but I see tendency in players that their female characters are customized with care, making their characters beautiful but male characters are like... "I'll make him look retarded or like Kenshiro/Bruce Lee/Goku/Naruto."

Some customs are great but it's rare to see them. Otherwise it's hipster/homeless fashion show.

LOL
Your posts are being too hilarious recently.

I don't remember what the default button for tag was in TTT1. I'm considering putting it to the left of LP on my stick, which would normally make it thefirst left shoulder button.

And I dont really play any female characters, but all of my male characters look like idiots. Usually a lot of pink and purple going around.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

When I'm facing people online their sense of style is the least of my concern, personally. :lol

Local Vs. battles apparently earn you money now so that's quite awesome. Gonna be easier to collect fight money now. There's gonna be so much to unlock in the game, it's going to be never ending.

That's indeed awesome, I'm just hoping the amount of money we get from it has been given a huge boost. Looking at the vid devastatorprime posted I still see items costing 200, 300, 600+k. Getting 6~7k from arcade/ghost matches ain't gonna cut it when we don't have huge money makers like the story mode in T6.

Haha this is so damn true. I like to make all my characters look good, never understood the make my character look as retarded as possible stuff. Although to be fair in T6 it could have been someone's scenario campaign outfit that was just full of S rank items.

Just look at dat pimped out Kaz. I am guilty for this Liquid Ocelot Kazuya though.
devastatorprime said:

GrayFoxPL

Haha this is so damn true. I like to make all my characters look good, never understood the make my character look as retarded as possible stuff. Although to be fair in T6 it could have been someone's scenario campaign outfit that was just full of S rank items.

Just look at dat pimped out Kaz. I am guilty for this Liquid Ocelot Kazuya though.

Now damn! Those are customs I can get behind!

I'm also fan of Kazuya T1 look. Torn blue jeans + white wifebeater.

Btw. I never noticed how Jin indeed looks like Kaz if you make his hair like Kazuyas. It's was stunning for me when I first saw it. In his regular hairstyle he looks quite different from his dad.

Yeah I spend a lot of time with my customs. I'll prob spend more in TTT2.

I realized after playing T6 a lot I dressing characters in black and red lol

Now damn! Those are customs I can get behind!

I'm also fan of Kazuya T1 look. Torn blue jeans + white wifebeater.

Btw. I never noticed how Jin indeed looks like Kaz if you make his hair like Kazuyas. It's was stunning for me when I first saw it. In his regular hairstyle he looks quite different from his dad.
Hell yeah T1 and T2 Kazuya are the best. Ever since customization was introduced in Tekken 5 all I have ever wanted was Kazuya's 2P outfit that had the white shirt with the devil on the back. At least we could do T1 Kaz in Tekken 6.
http://eng.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/File:Kazuya_Mishima_-_Player_Two_Costume_-_Tekken_2.jpg

Yeah I spend a lot of time with my customs. I'll prob spend more in TTT2.

I realized after playing T6 a lot I dressing characters in black and red lol

Me too haha. In any game I almost always end up having black and red themes. CvS2, Soul Calibur, KOFXIII, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter Final Showdown. The trend will contine with TTT2.

It's no longer Kazuya you've turned him into a parody of himself. I think it is amusing but it just doesn't feel right. It would almost be like Superman dressing up like the joker. It just isn't right. You've made a parody of the character. I hate to be that guy that has to suck all the fun out of things.

Tekken needs to respect its own iconic characters. Has Superman ever had long blonde hair, a leather trench coat and a shotgun?

GrayFoxPL

Red is the new black.

I like rocking all white.

Influence of the 80ties Hong Hong/US action flicks always stays with me.

iKFRwQTVf9qsE.gif

iLQJF8OynPppB.gif

Dat swag man. Dat SWAG.

Dereck

It's no longer Kazuya you've turned him into a parody of himself. I think it is amusing but it just doesn't feel right. It would almost be like Superman dressing up like the joker. It just isn't right. You've made a parody of the character. I hate to be that guy that has to suck all the fun out of things.

Tekken needs to respect its own iconic characters. Has Superman ever had long blonde hair, a leather trench coat and a shotgun?
I respect your opinion, but how many times are you going to bring this up? What do you want us to do about it?

If you keep adding water to coke it loses its essence, soon it become just bland crap. It started with the customizations, then it went to item moves, now we have characters that don't look like they belong in the game. Tekken is losing its visual potency. Too much customization can be a bad thing. I'm saying it because someone has to.

Dereck

The majority of your posts repeat the same point about TTT2 every single time. I don't know many times you need to say it before you're satisfied.

If you keep adding water to coke it loses its essence, soon it become just bland crap. It started with the customizations, then it went to item moves, now we have characters that don't look like they belong in the game. Tekken is losing its visual potency. Too much customization can be a bad thing. I'm saying it because someone has to.

You're talking about a game with kangaroos, dinosaurs, devils, bears, monsters and much more. Every few pages someone tries to bring up the serious side of Tekken, then gets reminded its a game.

It's a game.

GrayFoxPL

I think you're overacting now, man.

Tekken 4 changed most of the characters outfits to new ones and I think those were one of the best the series had. (Hwoarang military, Kaz swag dress etc.).
Think about it the other way - if a guy dresses up in the same pants and shirt for 20+ years - he probably has something wrong with his head(looking at you Ryu...).
When I saw Kazuya's purple Dracula outfit coming back in T5 I cringed. Shit looked so bad after his modern T4 suit. Even Namco never showed him in this suit in opening/endings post T2(and T3 arcade intro). Why not his badass trench coat from Tag1 intro Namco? Because obsessive fans want the purple suit that make him look now like a mad orchestra conductor. 1996 passed, get over it.

I respect your opinion, but how many times are you going to bring this up? What do you want us to do about it?

Lol. Let's change the world!

Superman has had some pretty drastic changes to his costume over the years. Using comic books may not be the best way to go with your analogies but I understand your point.

And I think both ways can exist, even within fighting games. Street Fighter characters have basically kept the exact same look since their creation, while something like Mortal Kombat constantly changes big parts of a character's wardrobe every game while maintaining enough of the aesthetics to keep them recognizable and iconic.

My biggest cocern is not knowing who I'm fighting immediately. When you take away character names and their looks, you need to wait until you get a glimpse of the intro pose before they skip it, their stance that can sometimes be vague or a move you recognize when it's too late. That is dog shit. If my job as a member of the secondary of a football team is too cover #81, I'm going to have a hard time finding him if he starts wearing a different number and I need to rely on his movements.

Dereck

My biggest cocern is not knowing who I'm fighting immediately. When you take away character names and their looks, you need to wait until you get a glimpse of the intro pose before they skip it, their stance that can sometimes be vague or a move you recognize when it's too late. That is dog shit. If my job as a member of the secondary of a football team is too cover #81, I'm going to have a hard time finding him if he starts wearing a different number and I need to rely on his movements.
The character's face is right by the health bar.

GrayFoxPL

The majority of your posts repeat the same point about TTT2 every single time. I don't know many times you need to say it before you're satisfied.

If someone comes to the thread and claims that the customizations are so great, I can offer a counter opinion. This is the internet is it not?

Doomshine

How do you handle Mokujin fights?

How do you handle Mokujin fights?
That's the nature of the character. Both players have to adapt. This wasn't meant to offend. I thought it was a solid point for a competitive game.

Edit: If character names stayed, everything would be ok. The Giants can play in off color, throwback uniforms, but their opponents still know who they're playing.

Idle stance and character posture is how to figure out which character you're fighting or playing as if you're the Mokujin player before the round begins. This was the case in all of the previous Tekkens, don't know how this will work out with so many similar characters this time around.

Top Bottom