• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
How would you guys feel about a Tekken 7 taking place where many of the current cast are gone BUT a combot can be used that can be equipped with the retired casts' moves and customizations? For example, combot can use Nina's moves and don her appearance for Nina fans.

I would hate it personally. If anything I want some of the old cast to return to the main games.

Pachimari

How would you guys feel about a Tekken 7 taking place where many of the current cast are gone BUT a combot can be used that can be equipped with the retired casts' moves and customizations? For example, combot can use Nina's moves and don her appearance for Nina fans.

Would love a Tekken 7 where they cut like 3/4 of the cast and introduce new characters like in Tekken 3, but give the movesets to the new characters. Experiment a bit like in Tekken 4, I really liked that game, I can't deny it.

That said, I absolutely love seeing old characters return in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

thelastword

Banned
Would love a Tekken 7 where they cut like 3/4 of the cast and introduce new characters like in Tekken 3, but give the movesets to the new characters. Experiment a bit like in Tekken 4, I really liked that game, I can't deny it.

That said, I absolutely love seeing old characters return in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Hey, another person who loved Tekken 4, I loved that game too, but it gets so much hate, really dont understand why. I've bought all the tekken remakes released so far, Tekken DR Online and Tekken Hybrid, wished they did a Tekken 4 remake to be honest, but I guess it's too late for that now.

Generally I agree with you, they could definitely try something new with Tekken 7, just like they did with Tekken 4, try some new mechanics, bring in a whole slew of new characters. At this point it seems, everything seems to be on point with character customization and the online modes in Tag2, so something a bit revolutionary for Tekken 7 apart from graphics should be something incredible. Anyways cant wait for Tag2 to hit.

GrayFoxPL

Hey, another person who loved Tekken 4, I loved that game too, but it gets so much hate, really dont understand why.

It was discussed too many times.
It was broken. Infinites ahoy. Unbalanced to hell and Jin was deity tier broken, like 10 times better then anyone. The game couldn't be seriously played on competitive level.

I have sentiment to T4 too, had many awesome ideas. I always wanted them to fix it but they didn't so it remains black sheep and a guilty pleasure.

Pachimari

Yeah, that's a problem. I'm slowly nailing a habit that I think it always hits and start doing something automaticaly. Sadly my hard combo has very strict timing and almost never hits online and I always go for it out of habit lol.

Edit:
Who do you play as Anastacio?

Jin has simple moveset but is actually hard to use on decent level. Kinda low tier in T6. Tag 2 gives him much needed forward stance after moves. I always felt he needed something like that in T6.
1,3b
uf+4
b+2,1
special throws
df+1,4
1,3~3
are you friends...

For Leo you need to learn the knee loop f+4,df(or qcf and the like)+3 etc and b+1,4 stance mixup and b+1,4,df(or qcf)+3 into knee loop or combo mixup. Ws1,4,1 ws3,1,2(or was it 3,2,1) last hit on both strings is blockable, but I do it until opponent starts blocking then I do only 2 parts of the string then dash and throw and go back to all 3 for mindfu..games.

I'm currently doing Jin and Leo casually but I'm going through the list for Leo as well, gotta practice those moves.

It was broken. Infinites ahoy. Unbalanced to hell and Jin was deity tier broken, like 10 times better then anyone. The game couldn't be seriously played on competitive level.

I have sentiment to T4 too, had many awesome ideas. I always wanted them to fix it but they didn't so it remains black sheep and a guilty pleasure.
This. It was broken indeed.

thelastword

Banned

Yeah, the guy on the box (Jin) was god tier indeed, but it was a very pro-offense game which suited my style of play. In any case, I liked the ideas they had in it, also balancing a fighter is much easier now than it was back then (patches as opposed to re-releases). The problem I see going forward though; is that Namco may not try anything new in a hurry (due to feedback from T4) and will just play it safe for the most part.

It's too bad they messed the rest of the game up so badly that the good ideas (albeit unrefined) had to be thrown on the scrap heap as well.

I want to see a sequel that gives the roster 2 sets of moves swapped via stance changes. Example: Nina and Anna take in their father's friend's daughter (stay with me) and train her. This new character can now swap between both movesets on the fly, mid-combo. This keeps all the moves and incorporates a tag like function while reducing the roster.

Yoshi+Kuni=new manji character
King+AK=King the third
Etc.

Edit: Oh, and casual play can allow for combots that can be manually equipped with any two styles...

Degen

I'd be cool with hybrid characters, kinda like how T3 Jin was Kazuya/Jun

just don't do what Soulcalibur 5 did. Couldn't believe how many fighting styles got 100% axed for no reason

GrayFoxPL

ibqyTHhoHLCh3V.jpg

:O

GrayFoxPL

Not surprised, especially with all the Rambo custom gear...

which makes me ask what characters are slight references to pop icons?

I know Michael Jackson has a weird influence over Dragunov.

Always thought Drag was Marilyn Manson.

T3 Bryan was definitely Rutger Hauer from Blade Runner.

T2 Lei was 100% Jackie Chan, then they changed his face.

T2 Beak looked like Steven Seagal, later like that eye patch dude from Only The Strong Edit: Lol I meant Best f the Best.

Feng is the same dude from Baki the Grapler.

Steve looked like that russian guy from Ippo, has ws+1,2 from him too.

Law - no idea

Kuma - I think he represents bear.

Sorry I'm bad with remembering names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfpjV0LxA4&feature=player_embedded

A look at some of the "2P" outfits. Interesting to note is some of them say "oilshock design" Bruce's says Snoop Dogg, and others say nothing. Is oilshock a name of one of the stages? If so, is it possible that you can register outfits to load on certain stages like Metal Gear Online? That would be amazing.

And I'll just say this one last time. The lack of freedom in customizing ie: hands/gloves, shoes/feet which you could do with some characters in T6 is the only thing I can think of that can even be considered a negative for TTT2. At 0:16 in the video those boots on Asuka just dont look right with those shorts. Or the boxing gloves with Bob's jacket. I understand its beacuse of technical reasons but it sure would have been nice if we could customize those parts seperately from the tops and bottoms. Alright no more talk ever again from me about that.

23 more days...

DEATH™

NO.... NO... NO...

1. Combot will always be banned on tourneys. Basically you can't go tourney with Nina Combot...

2. Reduced characters = Less Replayability on arcades... T4 flopped/hated not only because of little roster, it's so imbalanced, it's nothing worth exploring/playing again. Game became boring in a couple of months while everyone plays TTT... (despite imbalanced, the game have large character roster that makes it worth exploring)...

3. People put their money on arcades learning a specific character... and people get better when dealing with many characters... you're almost saying you hate those people and don't want their money when you delete their characters...

Sorry guys, having a bit of an arcade experience, I really appreciate every char in Tekken, even the ones my opponents are using. I played against people who use characters who are considered "obscure" by casual fans, and it's fun fighting against some other character you're not familiar (especially when it's a newcomer or a player from a different clan/arcade). It gives infinite replayability to this game... It'll break my hard (as well as others) even if you delete a couple just for sake of deleting it/story...

If tekken keeps the tag mechanic, they can even go 70~75 max. As long as they don't add too many chars, they're gonna be good...

A look at some of the "2P" outfits. Interesting to note is some of them say "oilshock design" Bruce's says Snoop Dogg, and others say nothing. Is oilshock a name of one of the stages? If so, is it possible that you can register outfits to load on certain stages like Metal Gear Online? That would be amazing.

23 more days...
Clothing designers, me thinks.

DEATH™;41197497 said:
NO.... NO... NO...

1. Combot will always be banned on tourneys. Basically you can't go tourney with Nina Combot...

2. Reduced characters = Less Replayability on arcades... T4 flopped/hated not only because of little roster, it's so imbalanced, it's nothing worth exploring/playing again. Game became boring in a couple of months while everyone plays TTT... (despite imbalanced, the game have large character roster that makes it worth exploring)...

3. People put their money on arcades learning a specific character... and people get better when dealing with many characters... you're almost saying you hate those people and don't want their money when you delete their characters...

Sorry guys, having a bit of an arcade experience, I really appreciate every char in Tekken, even the ones my opponents are using. I played against people who use characters who are considered "obscure" by casual fans, and it's fun fighting against some other character you're not familiar (especially when it's a newcomer or a player from a different clan/arcade). It gives infinite replayability to this game... It'll break my hard (as well as others) even if you delete a couple just for sake of deleting it/story...

If tekken keeps the tag mechanic, they can even go 70~75 max. As long as they don't add too many chars, they're gonna be good...
Eh, my idea on this page is much better than my combot question and a bloated roster.

DEATH™

@moonsault You talking about this?

I want to see a sequel that gives the roster 2 sets of moves swapped via stance changes. Example: Nina and Anna take in their father's friend's daughter (stay with me) and train her. This new character can now swap between both movesets on the fly, mid-combo. This keeps all the moves and incorporates a tag like function while reducing the roster.

Yoshi+Kuni=new manji character
King+AK=King the third
Etc.

Edit: Oh, and casual play can allow for combots that can be manually equipped with any two styles...

first, is that the idea of tag game already? To have access to 2 movelist?

But aside for that, IMO bad idea still

1. Example, a wrestler whose King + AK.

King's mids + punishers/CH launchers + tracking
plus AK's lows + frame traps/pressure + wavedash

see how broken is that? Then if you combine both movelist, you gotta rebalance them, and when you do, you end up with a character which is NOT King or AK. It's a completely different char altogether. Basically, you want to delete the previous Kings to this new King that doesn't even play like a King...

2. Another thing is, combining two movelist = making every character to be like lei, which is extremely hard to learn... As if learning one stance characters isn't hard enough...

3. People love their characters... People love AK, remove him because there is King already and people won't like it. I know I won't. AAK won't. Many people won't... Same thing with Asuka/Jun, Mishimas, Nina/Anna, etc.

And I'll just say this one last time. The lack of freedom in customizing ie: hands/gloves, shoes/feet which you could do with some characters in T6 is the only thing I can think of that can even be considered a negative for TTT2. At 0:16 in the video those boots on Asuka just dont look right with those shorts. Or the boxing gloves with Bob's jacket. I understand its beacuse of technical reasons but it sure would have been nice if we could customize those parts seperately from the tops and bottoms. Alright no more talk ever again from me about that.

23 more days...
Oilshock Designs in a clothing brand. Also something to note, the guest artist costumes are actually the "2P" designs for the applicable characters, and those characters still have an addition "3P" default.

It seems like none of the non-humanoid characters have default 2P outfits though, not just Mokujin as previously suggested. I wonder what happens if both players select them? Palette swaps, I suppose.

The merging of customization items is a bit disappointing. That means that all the guys that have tabi socks and sandals with their fundoshi swimsuits will be stuck with them. (I wanted them to go barefoot.) Not a huge deal considering all the amazing stuff available, but it is a bit of a let down.

Sayah

23 more days...

That's one negative and the other is the lack of online pair play.
But both things are completely understandable considering how many characters there are and how much data is being transferred between players online.

I'm just hoping we can upload replays for all matches to youtube. And T6 didn't allow us to save Player Matches which doesn't make much sense so hopefully we can do that this time in TTT2. Maybe MarkMan or FilthieRich can confirm.

The back cover does say gameplay recording and upload but I'm not even sure what that means.

Dereck

The merging of customization items is a bit disappointing. That means that all the guys that have tabi socks and sandals with their fundoshi swimsuits will be stuck with them. (I wanted them to go barefoot.) Not a huge deal considering all the amazing stuff available, but it is a bit of a let down.

And I'll just say this one last time. The lack of freedom in customizing ie: hands/gloves, shoes/feet which you could do with some characters in T6 is the only thing I can think of that can even be considered a negative for TTT2. At 0:16 in the video those boots on Asuka just dont look right with those shorts. Or the boxing gloves with Bob's jacket. I understand its beacuse of technical reasons but it sure would have been nice if we could customize those parts seperately from the tops and bottoms. Alright no more talk ever again from me about that
Wait, what?

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

SDBurton

23 more days...

Wait seriously? How did this get past most of us? :lol

Sayah

It's been like that in the Arcade Tag 2. lol
Dev was hoping maybe it'd be different for the console version but that doesn't seem to be the case. But in any case, customizations are still crazy and abundant if Tekken Busters episodes are anything to go by.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
That's one negative and the other is the lack of online pair play.
But both things are completely understandable considering how many characters there are and how much data is being transferred between players online.

I'm just hoping we can upload replays for all matches to youtube. And T6 didn't allow us to save Player Matches which doesn't make much sense so hopefully we can do that this time in TTT2. Maybe MarkMan or FilthieRich can confirm.

The back cover does say gameplay recording and upload but I'm not even sure what that means.

I can confirm that there are replays and you can save online/offline matches. The replay feature is actually the most robust iteration of this feature that the series has seen.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks for the info about oilshock being a clothing line.

You still have to pay. Fight Lab will probably be the fastest way to earn money.

Fastest way to earn money is to beat arcade mode once, then just play ghost battle or versus mode with friends. You earn G/money as you play VERSUS matches now, it's awesome.

DEATH™;41199938 said:
@moonsault You talking about this?

first, is that the idea of tag game already? To have access to 2 movelist?

But aside for that, IMO bad idea still

1. Example, a wrestler whose King + AK.

King's mids + punishers/CH launchers + tracking
plus AK's lows + frame traps/pressure + wavedash

see how broken is that? Then if you combine both movelist, you gotta rebalance them, and when you do, you end up with a character which is NOT King or AK. It's a completely different char altogether. Basically, you want to delete the previous Kings to this new King that doesn't even play like a King...

2. Another thing is, combining two movelist = making every character to be like lei, which is extremely hard to learn... As if learning one stance characters isn't hard enough...

3. People love their characters... People love AK, remove him because there is King already and people won't like it. I know I won't. AAK won't. Many people won't... Same thing with Asuka/Jun, Mishimas, Nina/Anna, etc.
Just as in tag, it'd require specific timing to swap stances/characters so nothing would be unbalanced. And you don't HAVE to learn the other stance.

Besides, you can't evolve the series without some reduction. People are going to have to face it that many characters won't make it. That would also leave room for progression... Now future sequels can add more characters creating anticipation. As much as you'd like to keep getting a bigger tackle box to maintain a growing number of lures, you're going to have to realize when enough is enough and condense it to carry nothing but the best and most needed for a time.

DEATH™

Just as in tag, it'd require specific timing to swap stances/characters so nothing would be unbalanced. And you don't HAVE to learn the other stance.

If you're making the other movelist hard to access to the point of people don't have to learn it, you're making it obsolete (see Jin's Omen). Basically, you just deleted AK, Jun, Anna, and others altogether for no reason and gave them a obsolete option that only casuals enjoy.

Sorry bro... Competitive play requires you to learn the ins and outs of the character. Putting two movelist on 1 character means you gotta learn both. So you gotta balance them like players will use them. Bad idea bro...

EDIT: sorry bro. Tekken sells pretty well still, and having lots of character help because there are characters that fit on a demographic. What you think should be deleted might be played extensively on another place. You don't need unneccesary changes that will make tekken not tekken anymore (TTT-T4). If TTT2 stinks, yeah let's talk about it. But so far, it's shaping up to be the best game ever, especially with all the returning characters.

@doomshine

BTW flame breath is actualy Ki Charge, qcf 1.
not qcf 1+2. Tested it. Easier input!

These customizations are too much. It feels for everything the game tries to do right they have to do something equally silly as well. I have a love hate relationship with this game.

SDBurton

It's been like that in the Arcade Tag 2. lol
Dev was hoping maybe it'd be different for the console version but that doesn't seem to be the case. But in any case, customizations are still crazy and abundant if Tekken Busters episodes are anything to go by.

That's why I didn't pay much mind to it, since I thought the options for Jun and Asuka looked great.

DEATH™;41215099 said:
If you're making the other movelist hard to access to the point of people don't have to learn it, you're making it obsolete (see Jin's Omen). Basically, you just deleted AK, Jun, Anna, and others altogether for no reason and gave them a obsolete option that only casuals enjoy.

Sorry bro... Competitive play requires you to learn the ins and outs of the character. Putting two movelist on 1 character means you gotta learn both. So you gotta balance them like players will use them. Bad idea bro...

EDIT: sorry bro. Tekken sells pretty well still, and having lots of character help because there are characters that fit on a demographic. What you think should be deleted might be played extensively on another place. You don't need unneccesary changes that will make tekken not tekken anymore (TTT-T4). If TTT2 stinks, yeah let's talk about it. But so far, it's shaping up to be the best game ever, especially with all the returning characters.

@doomshine

BTW flame breath is actualy Ki Charge, qcf 1.
not qcf 1+2. Tested it. Easier input!
Haha, no need to apologize. I'm just offering fresh ideas and asking the community. I still think people need to let go. TTT2 will still be around in tourneys even if T7 features an all new cast.

GrayFoxPL

If the soundtrack switch works online shit's gonna be hilarious when "Baby don't hurt me" or "Can't touch this" will start playing.

DEATH™

Haha, no need to apologize. I'm just offering fresh ideas and asking the community. I still think people need to let go. TTT2 will still be around in tourneys even if T7 features an all new cast.

That the problem, if you think TTT2 should still be played even when a new tekken game is out, you're not considering the profit loses. If t7 doesn't sell well because ttt2 is a better, more fun game, namco might stop making tekken altogether. (consider the cost of making games too). If someone mains anna and kuni in TTT2, why should he/she get excited in T7 if anna and kuni got ousted? Again TTT-T4.

Sorry bro, but this ain't street fighter where you could easily pick someone else, tekken requires time to even get a char's basics. Delete the characters and you will make people mad.

I think if harada will keep the tag mechanic for next games, they can go 70~80 chars... Would be fun too if they add 3rd tag partner (plus another tag button) on the next games :D

Sayah

DEATH™;41217424 said:
I think if harada will keep the tag mechanic for next games, they can go 70~80 chars... Would be fun too if they add 3rd tag partner (plus another tag button) on the next games :D

I can definitely imagine that for a next generation 3D fighter. We'll be playing our matches marvel style.

That's why I didn't pay much mind to it, since I thought the options for Jun and Asuka looked great.

Yeah, I'm happy with a lot of what I saw for Nina and Anna so I'll be fine.

I can confirm that there are replays and you can save online/offline matches. The replay feature is actually the most robust iteration of this feature that the series has seen.

Awesome. Thanks! :)

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;41217424 said:
Would be fun too if they add 3rd tag partner (plus another tag button) on the next games :D

ibyetFzF82vOmV.gif

God no! No! No! No! Jesus Christ! No!

The girl = that idea
Van Damme = Harada
ibowE0qQQ0KZm4.gif

irdw7GW06vnZx.gif

Top Bottom