• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Interview with Harada. He talks about how unpopular he perceives Jun(?!?) and Kunimitsu to be based on... data from Tekken 2 arcade cabinets and "marketing research". >_>

Personally, I'm really getting tired of his market research excuses and going off data that is crazy old. It's the same old TTT excuse just in a new package. And no offense to these characters, but I'm sure people were just begging for Jinpachi and True Ogre, so his popularity claims don't seem to really ring true. (And to build rosters purely on popularity is never a good idea, especially since characters that have been out of the spotlight for a while don't have any avenue to build their status.)

Skip to 6:00 to hear his comments about the characters.

Jun's usage data on TTT2 seems to be dropping too.... Hmmm I thought she was so requested?
Asuka buffs might have something to do with it......

I get why he'd put T. Ogre over Kuni though, since T. Ogre was a really popular character to use by tierwh0res folks while Kuni was pretty weak back in TTT1 days. Wonder how long T. Ogre lasts since he apparently is lacking in TTT2.

Jinpachi is the oddball here but he realllllly looks like fun to play atm.

but yeah basing roster decisions on usage data seems kinda flimsy nowadays since TTT2 isn't really as accessible to every player right now. I think there was an older interview where he said more characters might appear in the console versions so I guess thats the next shot unless character updates are coming through the machines. Jaycee looks to really pave a subtle path for Michelle's inclusion.

Sayah

Checked Harada's twitter after a long time. Nothing too useful so far besides....
1. Deciding right now on whether TKxSF will be 1 v 1 or tag based. (Hopefully a tag battle).
2. Gathering ideas from fans for mini games in Tag 2. Tekken Kart brought up.
3. The Tekken 3DS promotion was painful. lol
6.jpg

Sayah

Gunloc said:
Interview with Harada. He talks about how unpopular he perceives Jun(?!?) and Kunimitsu to be based on... data from Tekken 2 arcade cabinets and "marketing research". >_>

Personally, I'm really getting tired of his market research excuses and going off data that is crazy old. It's the same old TTT excuse just in a new package. And no offense to these characters, but I'm sure people were just begging for Jinpachi and True Ogre, so his popularity claims don't seem to really ring true. (And to build rosters purely on popularity is never a good idea, especially since characters that have been out of the spotlight for a while don't have any avenue to build their status.)

Skip to 6:00 to hear his comments about the characters.

Questions could have been better for the interview.

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
Jun's usage data on TTT2 seems to be dropping too.... Hmmm I thought she was so requested?
Asuka buffs might have something to do with it......

I get why he'd put T. Ogre over Kuni though, since T. Ogre was a really popular character to use by tierwh0res folks while Kuni was pretty weak back in TTT1 days. Wonder how long T. Ogre lasts since he apparently is lacking in TTT2.

Jinpachi is the oddball here but he realllllly looks like fun to play atm.

but yeah basing roster decisions on usage data seems kinda flimsy nowadays since TTT2 isn't really as accessible to every player right now. I think there was an older interview where he said more characters might appear in the console versions so I guess thats the next shot unless character updates are coming through the machines. Jaycee looks to really pave a subtle path for Michelle's inclusion.
Kunimitsu sample model made by someone.
I would like her to return with a brand new moveset.

Sayah

_dementia said:
I wonder why they might be wary of tag battle? Risk of market saturation?
Perhaps. We already got so many tag fighters releasing before TKXSF (UMvC3, SFxTK and TTT2).

AAK

Sayah said:
Kunimitsu sample model made by someone.
I would like her to return with a brand new moveset.

Man, I loved that design... I (among so many others) honestly expected her to come back in DR... and then photoshop legend Proxicide pulled this on everyone:

T5DR-Kuni.jpg

Now it's pretty obvious, but back then I was flipping out! lol. Proxicide did so many insane things.... Like this, and these.

But I have hope for her return! Melon Outfit makes me.....

kunimitsu.jpg
Even better in real life!
2wrf9dy.jpg

And here's a sample of what's to come in the OP in the future :)

This is a gif where I'll be explaining stances and how to change between stances:

iAx74Qk2g7whP.gif

And I've got like 20 more of these in the oven! ;)

Damn this looks so hilariously bad. Reminds me of that 3 people tag teams in the Tekken Advance (GBA)

Maybe when the PS4 rolls around or something.

Checked Harada's twitter after a long time. Nothing too useful so far besides....

Dear lord I had the pleasure of reading that conversation between that Jun fan that sent in a rant video on why Jun can't stick around and Harada. Harada sounded like he wanted to murder the guy lol. Must feel bad to be a casual Jun fan with some sour apples floating around.

Oh, and a new LUYG video is up. Steve Fox this time.

Sayah

Wasn't following any gaming news too closely during the DR days. And Xiayou on a cross!!!!!!!!!!
And AAK, Lili = best cosplay.
Lili-by-emi027803-Spain-590x780.jpg

Chances of Kunimitsu are more likely though. She MUST be in the console versions.

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
Dear lord I had the pleasure of reading that conversation between that Jun fan that sent in a rant video on why Jun can't stick around and Harada. Harada sounded like he wanted to murder the guy lol. Must feel bad to be a casual Jun fan with some sour apples floating around.

Oh, and a new LUYG video is up. Steve Fox this time.

Oh yah. He seems pretty irritated already with Jun spam on twitter.

AAK

Sayah said:
Wasn't following any gaming news too closely during the DR days. And Xiayou on a cross!!!!!!!!!!
And AAK, Lili = best cosplay.
http://cdn.gossipgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Lili-by-emi027803-Spain-590x780.jpg[IMG]
Chances of Kunimitsu are more likely though. She MUST be in the console versions.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, I dunno, I think I just have a fetish with tropical colors, and then I look at her hair and texture of the apparal....:S.

And [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle#/w/2017065744?utm_medium=cms_email&utm_campaign=favorite_up&utm_content=&utm_source=20100821en"]EWGFridays is online[/URL]! With Aris commentating on his own play. Pretty funny.

I'm back ^_^

For those wondering it was a temo ban, but good things came from it.

my time away from GAF I found the local Shoryuken group of people to play and they have roughly one to two other Tekken players. I'm super rusty, and I'm not happy with how I currently play, but that's why I need to play people.

AAK

Really Really, bad news guys. My laptop currently stopped working. I think it got fried. And all the material I had for the massive update to the OP was all in it. I hope I can find a way to recover everything.

What's even worse is that it had a project I was doing for a grad level class due on wednesday.... Now I have to start over :/ BACKUP your files people!!!!!!

Flying Wonkey said:
Damn, so late for this! Some guy made a tag code for Tekken 6 PSP.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4455392

Cwcheat and PSP version of the game required.

That is pretty boss. Nice find.

RelentlessRolento said:
I'm back ^_^

For those wondering it was a temo ban, but good things came from it.

my time away from GAF I found the local Shoryuken group of people to play and they have roughly one to two other Tekken players. I'm super rusty, and I'm not happy with how I currently play, but that's why I need to play people.

Welcome back Brother! :) And true Offline Tekken is the best Tekken. I too can't wait for the TTT2 Prologue. :) It comes the same day as KOFXIII as well, going to be damn expensive for me :(

Sayah

AAK said:
Really Really, bad news guys. My laptop currently stopped working. I think it got fried. And all the material I had for the massive update to the OP was all in it. I hope I can find a way to recover everything.

What's even worse is that it had a project I was doing for a grad level class due on wednesday.... Now I have to start over :/ BACKUP your files people!!!!!!

Welcome back Brother! :) And true Offline Tekken is the best Tekken. I too can't wait for the TTT2 Prologue. :) It comes the same day as KOFXIII as well, going to be damn expensive for me :(

That sucks big time. I've had this happen before........twice. After that, I started e-mailing myself everything. Didn't want to rely on flash drives either since I've lost those before as well. But then I found out about google docs and I can say that it's a lot better. There is really no way for you to lose your documents/presentations with that and it auto-saves everything literally second by second.

Back to topic, offline Tekken really is the best Tekken.

AAK

www.getdropbox.com

I knew this thing existed.... yet I never used it :( that is the ultimate solution! Gives you around 2 GB to store any piece of information that you can access anywhere that has internet.

Curious to ask you though Sayah, what sort of offline competition do you have in your area? That Nina technology must have really made some waves in that area if you know what I'm saying ;)

Sayah

Hahahaha. Thanks. I haven't done any local tournaments. Just play with my brother (usually) or friends.
Although, I still can't do fluttering butterfly continuously which is basically essential for any Nina player. I practiced using that tutorial you had posted earlier but still can't do it. :(
It's surprising since I don't have any trouble doing her most ignored yet very useful move (aka poison/evil mist).

AAK

I did 4 flapping butterflies consecutively.... once :(

And that was when I was using pad. Since my stick is getting older after all these months of abusing Armor King's shining Wizard, the spring isn't as strong as it used to be. Going back to to neutral isn't as easy anymore. d,d/f~n,1 d,d/f~n,1 d,d/f~n,1 again and again. Yeah, it's not easy.

Sayah

Now I feel like practicing it again. I know it will require hours of practicing.

In other news, my Anna play is also in good shape now. They're both ready for Tag 2. If only they were in Prologue.

AAK

Something that might help practicing it is by using Lee and Leo. Try this:

Lee: CH 1+2 dash d,d/f~n,4

Leo: CH qcf+2 dash d,d/f~n,4

If you did it correctly, the dash into iWS+4 should continue the juggle after the knockdown stun. I felt that was good starting point to get adapted to the instant WS motions.

Sayah

Thanks for that. I was actually thinking of practicing with Lee next. That may be a good idea, though. Start at a somewhat similar but more rudimentary setup with one character and work my way towards Nina's flapping butterfly. It is after all an experience of familiarizing your fingers/thumb with the proper movements.

AAK

Something I forgot to mention about Lee, is that you have to Crouch Cancel (TZ legend's acronym is cc) after the 1+2. It's weird but after the animation, Lee is still in a slight squatting phase, you basically cancel the animation by tapping u to return him to a neutral position followed by the dash and iWS+4. It's just that the Lee players we see in match vids do it so fast we don't notice the crouch cancel or the dash. :S

Sayah

Is there any specific angle I'm supposed to do the flapping butterfly for the move to work consecutively? I can do it just fine continuously outside of a combo but while I'm actually doing a combo, it never works. So many failed attempts. :(

AAK

Angle definitely plays a factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmxDT9mK9Ak&t=1m35s

Here's some other impressions on how to do it:

Lime from TZ.com said:
some techniques may work well for others and some may don't but ima gona share you what made me really get that multiple iws+1 to work...

what buttons i press... qcf~uf then press 1... it's separate, i don't press uf and 1 together... it's to avoid doing uf+1 instead... well at least it gives me small chance of failing and doing uf+1

i tried pressing uf and 1 before... play a lot with it... though it works, it sort of got me more uf+1 mistakes compared to pressing uf and 1 differently...

btw, you execute it fast... i'll explain later...

so here's my "note to self" whenever i do multiple iws+1

• 1st, when you execute the first quick qcf~uf 1, not qcf~uf1... count 1 2
...while you do that count 1 2... and after 2 go back to 1... and make sure you execute the iws+1 fast... leaving you nothing to press with "2"

e.g. 1 [qcf~uf 1] 2, 1[iws+1] 2, 1[iws+1] 2
if that doesn't work for you i have another one...

• when nina does iws+1, she lifts her left arm right?... and she positions her legs in a way it sort of dashes to the front...
at first... she opens her leg and closes it, after she lifts her arms, so she can position herself back to her fighting stance. That open-close legs thing makes her dash a bit

so the cue is, after you did your first iws+1, watch her legs, and when she closes her legs, that's the time you do the next quick iws+1

• count the opening and closing of her legs into "1 2", and you get better results combing those 2 tips i mentioned up there

WeaponX from TZ.com said:
just do qcf+1 fast and let go quick. you'll get the ws+1. like when you really execute her qcf+1 move but you messed up and she does ws+1 instead. that's becaue you did it to fast and didn't hold foward. do that in the juggle.

Mastapopo said:
Took me about 2 days of practice to figure out how to do this, but I noticed you have a lot of time to do the 2nd iws+1. For what it's worth, I watch nina's arms (providing you are playing on a lagless TV) when she uncrosses them, I wait a split second and do the next input.

Then some people were complaining about the extra u/f+1 input then a guy puts the rebuttal:

Mr. Kula said:
So here's the deal,

the uf+1 version is easier because you don't have to wait to do the ws+1, you just input d to uf+1 right away without going to neutral. The downside is if you do it too fast it'll become uf+1, or if you're too excited sometimes the uf doesn't register and it'll become qcf+1.. and it kinda kills your thumb on pad.

the qcf version is harder because you have to perfectly time the ws+1 from qcf.

but tried both of them and they work.

ps: on df+3,2 ssr ws+1 juggle, delaying your first ws+1 makes them connect easier since it'll make you closer with the opponents feet.

And then Weapon X gives his reviewed feedback:

Weapon X said:
i've done the qcf~uf+1 and it does work but not as much as I expected. It really puts me on a rush to execute that, which ends up u/f+1 most of the time. So I decided to drop mawt gawps method and tried my own method.

What I do now is d, d/f, release 1. I get a better flow that way and it avoids doing qcf+1 or u/f+1.

oh btw. to have a good start after jap combo (d/f+3, 2, ssr+1, ~f+1) that ~f+1 must come out very soon. the sooner the better because they float higher. that means more time for you to input the second one. last night i was able to be consistent at it. I tried it out again today and I keep messing up again. once you keep doing it, it'll become natural. I do d, d/f, release 1 for the !ws+1 for now. it's easier in my opinnion.

Doomshine

Looking at the schedule on Giant Bomb, it looks like they are going to do a quick look of Hybrid today, looking forward to that.

I'll stay of out of the comment section though, I know it's just going to drive me nuts with ignorant comments.

AAK

cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images-soon.jpg

jett said:
Is TTT HD 3D too?

I don't think so. I can't remember if I heard it was trophies that was included or 3D or both. But from all the nicovideo previews it was only TTT2 Prologue, & they didn't showcase TTTHD that much with the 3D TV's they had in the set so maybe not.

I think it was just the movie and TTT2 prologue being in 3D. Never any mention of TTTHD other then trophies, bowling and remade for higher resolutions.

Top Bottom