• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

McNum

Strange to see Ling in the top ten in popularity yet I rarely see her played. Huh.

Schoolgirl. End of story.

Played few super high level Lings on psn. Few.

Yup. Plus she's cute. All fighting games need one cute character.

Quoting myself from May 1st.

Yup, I'd expect it. (but I'm having mixed feelings on the idea).

Imagine this: You beat Arcade Mode on the highest difficulty without continuing and when you get to the final boss, Akuma does his thing with a Raging Demon and challenges you. You know, for old time's sake. Now that'd be a fun way to promote TxSF.

Oh, this isn't going to be my first experience with one :lol

I can play everything but Tekken on a stick, I'm absolute trash at arcades compared to on a console with a pad where I'm somewhat competent. Since the game doesn't really use motions and instead has straight-up directional inputs it messes me up. Find it much much easier on a dualshock where I can just sit my thumb wherever I need it. It might even be a 3D fighter thing in general

The only big difference is that the Z motion SRK doesn't actually work for WGF or the like. Returning the stick to neutral after the forward tap is tough when you're trying to do it fast after years of Shoryukens.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Really hoping Jun and Asuka will have a team win pose that's unique to them and not something generic.

And I hope they changed the one with Jin and Jun. :lol

LowParry

Schoolgirl. End of story.

Played few super high level Lings on psn. Few.

I wish I knew what high level Ling players looked like. I'd like to think I'm above average with mine at least. The few high ranked matches I've checked out on T6 aren't that very impressive to me since I know the very things and mind games they play. Or attempt at least.

CSX

Really hoping Jun and Asuka will have a team win pose that's unique to them and not something generic.

And I hope they changed the one with Jin and Jun. :lol

I thought Jin and Jun are all generic outside of their entry pose which has Jun saying unique dialouge

GrayFoxPL

I wish I knew what high level Ling players looked like. I'd like to think I'm above average with mine at least. The few high ranked matches I've checked out on T6 aren't that very impressive to me since I know the very things and mind games they play. Or attempt at least.

Playing lot of T6 lately and they aren't online anymore. I mean players with thousands of ranked wins.

Sayah

Playing lot of T6 lately and they aren't online anymore. I mean players with thousands of ranked wins.

Yeah, most of the players on now are kyu's, dan's, etc. Although, even three years later, the online is still populated with a lot of players. In comparison, I was having a harder time finding matches in SFXTK and vanilla MvC3.

I have a very good Ling player on my friend list. If I'm playing with him again, I'll invite you as well. :)

LowParry

This is true. Most people online these days play either a mean Anna or lame Law. However I've been putting in a lot of time with Hybrid lately. The game just clicks with me now. And the limit amount of characters is so heartbreaking. I want more! More! Btw, are we able to get some sort of comparisons between Hybrid and TTT2 in terms of graphics? I remember someone mentioning the option of turning blur off and getting a higher resolution. Are we able to get true 720p?

I have a very good Ling player on my friend list. If I'm playing with him again, I'll invite you as well. :)

That would be boss. I hope for yellow/green bar connections. Timing with Ling is crucial.

Pachimari

Can somebody list the rankings from highest to lowest?
I see Dan, Kyu etc. but I don't have a clear sight of what is better or worse.

I really love Ling Xiaoyu as well but how do the dedicated Ling players play her?

Sayah

Can somebody list the rankings from highest to lowest?
I see Dan, Kyu etc. but I don't have a clear sight of what is better or worse.

I really love Ling Xiaoyu as well but how do the dedicated Ling players play her?

I am hardly a Ling expert but from the good Ling players I've played, she requires a lot of tricks. Probably the most trick-heavy character in the game actually. A LOT of move cancels, mix up of highs and lows, etc. Her juggles don't take much damage but she makes up for that with how she plays. Plus, her f,f+1+2 (X marks the spot?) move bounds in TTT2 so she's better than before.

And here are T6 ranks.

LowParry

I am hardly a Ling expert but from the good Ling players I've played, she requires a lot of tricks. Probably the most trick-heavy character in the game actually. A LOT of move cancels, mix up of highs and lows, etc. Her juggles don't take much damage but she makes up for that with how she plays. Plus, her f,f+1+2 (X marks the spot?) move bounds in TTT2 so she's better than before.

And here are T6 ranks.

Yes. X does bound now which is super damn awesome. T6 you'd bound with her f,f+1. Ling's a bag full of tricks. From her move cancels (example: SS+3 into either b~ to cancel or d+1+2 into her phoenix stance), pokes, counter (which is an achievement done in Hybrid) and parries. A lot of tools and yet a lot of them are very hard on executions. That's what makes her hard for playing online. I'm hoping TTT2 will fix this. The thing I miss most about Ling was her 1,2,4 taught (wave) that acted as a counter.

Sayah

Yes. X does bound now which is super damn awesome. T6 you'd bound with her f,f+1. Ling's a bag full of tricks. From her move cancels (example: SS+3 into either b~ to cancel or d+1+2 into her phoenix stance), pokes, counter (which is an achievement done in Hybrid) and parries. A lot of tools and yet a lot of them are very hard on executions. That's what makes her hard for playing online. I'm hoping TTT2 will fix this. The thing I miss most about Ling was her 1,2,4 taught (wave) that acted as a counter.

Yeah, I think she's probably also the best with poking in this game. She definitely needed another bound move. I usually don't use her f,f,1 in T6, though. I use 2,2 from her back stance in juggles and u/f+3+4 anytime I have someone against the wall that could be bound.

LowParry

Yeah, I think she's probably also the best with poking in this game. She definitely needed another bound move. I usually don't use her f,f,1 in T6, though. I use 2,2 from her back stance in juggles and u/f+3+4 anytime I have someone against the wall that could be bound.

Ah, yes. Best finisher is after you use your 2,2 is put her into her phoenix stance and u+uf+3, 3 move. Good damage all around with that. And if you can get your wall splash with it, X makes it that much sweeter.

Thinking about it all, there's so many options with her.

AAK

Despite X marks the spot being a bound move, she's still a shadow of the character she was in Tekken DR. FC d/f+3,2,1,4 all Natural combo on CH!? That's crazy.

But yeah, she's definitely the Okizeme demon still. Check out Ling Massacre's exhibition of them here and here.

BTW, I can't stop listening to that Night Falls remix posted above. It's just too good. I can't believe it didn't get a nomination!

Also....I did the unthinkable. I preordered at Gamestop.... I feel dirty :(

SDBurton

I thought Jin and Jun are all generic outside of their entry pose which has Jun saying unique dialouge

Depending on who's a part of your team, if you win during a Tag Assault you'll get a special win pose. This occurs with teams where the two members have a history with one another.

Sayah

Despite X marks the spot being a bound move, she's still a shadow of the character she was in Tekken DR. FC d/f+3,2,1,4 all Natural combo on CH!? That's crazy.

But yeah, she's definitely the Okizeme demon still. Check out Ling Massacre's exhibition of them here and here.

BTW, I can't stop listening to that Night Falls remix posted above. It's just too good. I can't believe it didn't get a nomination!

Also....I did the unthinkable. I preordered at Gamestop.... I feel dirty :(

I don't remember anything at all about her in T5, lol. Will have to buy DR one of these days

Ah, yes. Best finisher is after you use your 2,2 is put her into her phoenix stance and u+uf+3, 3 move. Good damage all around with that. And if you can get your wall splash with it, X makes it that much sweeter.

Thinking about it all, there's so many options with her.

Oh yah, that's what I usually follow up with. Or if I'm close to a wall and need to reach it, then it's 2,1 from the phoenix stance.

Sayah

She was much more poke heavy in T5 from what I recall. I didn't really pick her up till way late into T5's life. Been so good ever since.

I used her the most in T4. Probably was my second best character after Nina. Or maybe third best after Hwoarang. Then, I sort of never used her in T5 for some reason and forgot everything. And now, I use her here and there/sometimes in T6. I might pick her up for TTT2 but Jun, Jinpachi, Ogre, Angel and Kuni are sort of prioritized right now for me since they're new/returning characters and all.

BTW, I think a Jinpachi+Ancient Ogre team would be pretty sick.

AAK

I haven't even seen half of those! Damn.

Personally, I liked the Tekken 3 Japanese ones, just because they had the AWESOME AWESOME music from T3's intro :p

DEATH™

I know the options/setups. I play this game a lot/follow it. I just don't think the iSW ender is that good. Ground throw isn't really a viable option as you aren't at as much an advantage as post air giant swing.

Rolling to the side will not refloat vs d/f+4,3. I'll do some testing for you and let you know the stuff. But I'm fairly positive that a lot of what you mentioned above is not a locked down mixup that you can react to.

First, GTs gets side-rollers most of the time, and when they usually sideroll, it's a great chance to do anything out of crouch dash. WS 2,2 is really good and multithrow starters thrive on those kind of situation where they sideroll (Sadly, black bomb's sideroll tracking got nerfed). 1+2+5 also hits fairly often too, and it TA!s.

air-GS better than iSW? I thought air-GS got a nerf (ali kick ain't guaranteed). But please test out... I really want to have a reason to incorporate air-GS since it's much more cooler :p. And thanks for everything you're doing hyping this game...

Pachimari

If I go buy Tekken 6 to practice, would anyone like to practice with me? Cause I'm no good. Yesterday I practiced movement in T5: DR against the AI but that's something else.

Pachimari

Don't stay up for me though, cause I'm not sure when I'll be online, as I have some stuff to take care of. :)

Btw, I'm kinda liking, that Armor King can do air throws, reading the OP. Thinking of a Jin Kazama and Armor King partnership maybe, if Shin Kamiya isn't announced but for now I'm gonna practice with Jin.

I was thinking of getting T6 to practice too. Haven't played a Tekken game seriously since 3. Should I wait for TTT2 or get T6 now and practice? How different will fighting styles be between T6 and TTT2 (for a character)? I don't wanna have time wasted if I learn, say Ling, and end up having to relearn a her patterns.

Doomshine

Most characters should play fairly similar to their T6 versions and the fighting system in general isn't radically different. Tag Assault obviously changes how you do combos though.

GrayFoxPL

If I go buy Tekken 6 to practice, would anyone like to practice with me? Cause I'm no good. Yesterday I practiced movement in T5: DR against the AI but that's something else.

I'd like to practice with you.

I'm practicing Leo myself and just getting on a level above shitty, lol.

I was thinking of getting T6 to practice too. Haven't played a Tekken game seriously since 3. Should I wait for TTT2 or get T6 now and practice? How different will fighting styles be between T6 and TTT2 (for a character)? I don't wanna have time wasted if I learn, say Ling, and end up having to relearn a her patterns.

Get T6 and practice. It's worth it. It may be overwhelming playing against live opponent so it's better to practice now then be sorry later.
Characters moves are basically the same but some are tweaked. Some characters got just one new move, others few more.

Degen

Anastacio and itzknickknac

train with us psn beasts in t6 and you may just have what it takes to join Neogaf TTT2 New World Order Anti-Williams Clan

(name not final)

Get T6 and practice. It's worth it. It may be overwhelming playing against live opponent so it's better to practice now then be sorry later.
Characters moves are basically the same but some are tweaked. Some characters got just one new move, others few more.

train with us psn beasts in t6 and you may just have what it takes to join Neogaf TTT2 New World Order Anti-Williams Clan

(name not final)

I'll have to get this game then. I'd be happy to train with ppl, it HAS been a while since I played tekken seriously so I do suppose its better to start now. What are your PSN ID's?

AAK

If you want to learn Ling then I highly recommend getting Tekken Hybrid with the prologue demo. At least you learn her with the X Marks the Spot bound move and get a feel for how tag assault will work for the game. But T6 is still a great asset to have regardless.

(name not final)

Hmmm.... I see where this is going. We're about to feel some poison mist into divine cannon wrath pretty soon.

SDBurton

(name not final)

Hahaha back to the drawing board with you!

I'll have to get this game then. I'd be happy to train with ppl, it HAS been a while since I played tekken seriously so I do suppose its better to start now. What are your PSN ID's?

PSN: SD_Burton

GrayFoxPL

what's your psn id Anastacio?

I'll add you tomorrow.

Btw. In T6 you can't play Euro vs US. You can but it's gonna be unplayable.

In SCV it's possible due to new fresh netcode, so I think Tag2 will be OK too.

boutdown is in New Mexico, Anastacio in Denmark so yeah...

I'm in Poland so we should get at least 3 bars with Anastacio.

Pachimari

I don't actually have Tekken 6 yet as they were sold out, so I'll try at another mall tomorrow. I'll also erase almost everyone from my PSN list tomorrow, so wait with adding me.

Top Bottom