• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

AAK

The winners to the We are Tekken contest have been announced:

REMIXES:

GRAND PRIZE:

Mickael Coste from France with his thundering remix of “Piano Intro”

RUNNERS UP:

- Vitor Payno from Brazil “Piano Intro”
- Tom Puntman from the Netherlands “School”
- Mattias Häggström Gerdt from Sweden “School”
- Steven Thelin from Denmark “Tekstep Fountain”.

FAN ART

GRAND PRIZE:

Jean-Baptiste Nanteau from France “Jun”

68c5e4623d7db64a8ea4ee108ed5f032_sd.jpg

RUNNERS UP:

- Larry Warren Jr. from the United States “Blood Feud”

4e7213000f8c1ded8d1507eb96f04519_sd.jpg

- Poramed Chonrattanakun from Thailand “King of Iron Head”.

d405a571b259164c9762d3653fa4e8ce_sd.jpg

- Lucia Romero from Spain “The Beginning”

e2c5f0d707efcefe9ba560a41c415e9b_sd.jpg

- Ricarda Schlomach from Germany “Furious Food Fight”

2718d9148a0e758128a7402e739c3caf_sd.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pretty sure that last image is just Julia with her mask on and off. Though I would be delighted if I was wrong.

Sayah

DEATH™

You want to tag buffer it for that red damage !!!! Unrecoverable health!

That's why I love King's FC d/f+2~5, you can really make them hurt.

IMO it doesn't matter because of his iSW. iSW df+4, 3 always picks up for a rejuggle when the opponent does ANYTHING at all, except for tag crashing (which takes away red life, and even for that, he got backward JGS~hopknee to juggle them again). So, most of the time you want king to do the juggling, and being a king & ak player, I'll take king's juggles over ak's everytime...

I believe King is severely underrated in the tier list, even at B. AK's A tier just because of DU~5, but King's rejuggle opportunities and big damage potential should put him there too.

The winners to the We are Tekken contest have been announced:

FAN ART

GRAND PRIZE:

Jean-Baptiste Nanteau from France “Jun”

68c5e4623d7db64a8ea4ee108ed5f032_sd.jpg

Happy for that guy...

You can look up his other stuff too...
http://eonforgery.deviantart.com/

I need to learn parrying like a boss.
ibl1GCMKxOnKpn.gif

I forgot how much frames does Jin's parry give... gotta look that up...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DEATH™;40189641 said:
IMO it doesn't matter because of his iSW. iSW df+4, 3 always picks up for a rejuggle when the opponent does ANYTHING at all, except for tag crashing (which takes away red life, and even for that, he got backward JGS~hopknee to juggle them again). So, most of the time you want king to do the juggling, and being a king & ak player, I'll take king's juggles over ak's everytime...

I believe King is severely underrated in the tier list, even at B. AK's A tier just because of DU~5, but King's rejuggle opportunities and big damage potential should put him there too.

iSW ender with King? You can escape d/f+4 multiple ways. I think you're talking about post giant swing ender right?

Huh glad that Jun art won it, I remember some folks complaining a bit earlier that the art wasn't getting enough votes and that everyone in the competition just got their friends to vote for their works. Riveting.

There are 30 more characters left.

lol, Harada must be getting these characters out like If they're were pancakes then.

Well can't wait for all 15 console characters: ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVaTMQY-bBE#t=6s

(Thanks goes to Tyxomm for the gif <3)
2vb7c3oaikv6.gif

AAK

WWWWHAAA??

Confirmed

Kuni
Angel
Michelle
Ogre
Forest
P Jack
Tiger
Alex

7 Plausible Remaining - 2 Types

1st Type expected

1. Dr. B
2. Miharu
3. Violet?
4. Combot?
5. Unknown?

2nd Type unexpected

... probably some 3rd party guest characters?
Ryu & Ken from SF?
Naturo + Sakura from Naruto?
Tales characters?

I don't know what they have planned. Dammit, this is too much LOL

I need to learn parrying like a boss.
ibl1GCMKxOnKpn.gif

:O Source!? Man some of these things really look awesome. Reminds me of this Steve Fox show ;)

DEATH™

@markman yes, the iSW combo ender. yeah I admit df+4, 3 can be escaped (by usually not standing) but it covers alot of situations (backroll, getup kick etc.). But even without that, you can get hit still by cd+1+2, or GT, ali kick, or even set you up for multis or unblockable. If you do raw tag, he got d+1+2, hopknee or SS 3+4 for open field, and f+4 or other wallsplats near the wall. What I'm saying is king's oki is too strong after iSW, and considering his strong damage juggles, the most safe choice people will prefer is just to tag crash. That's why IMO King doesn't need tag-buffered combos that much... unless you're fighting against solo players...

----------------

So, Clarens was right... darn...

Pachimari

You guys forgot Combot. There's 6 reveals left instead of 5 then. Hopefully it's just Dr. B, Miharu, Violet, Unknown, Shin and Tougou. But Unknown is highly likely a DLC character after release.

That GIF of Steve and Jin is all kinds of awesome btw.

Pachimari

Here's another gif of the character select:

EDIT:
Oh well, can't upload the gif but here's a pic of it:

1N9PVl.png

KQ3uQl.jpg

I'm starting to think Devil could be one of the slots, even though there's already Kazuya Devil.

1 - Combot
2 - Forest Law
3 - Doctor Boskonovitch
4 - Ancient Ogre
5 - Kunimitsu
6 - Miharu
7 - Tougou
8 - Unknown
9 - Devil
10 - Shin
11 - Angel
12 - Michelle
13 - Prototype Jack
14 - Alex
15 - Tiger
I pretty much agree with this from Tekken Nation. Though, I would swap Gun-Jack for Violet. I would actually swap Unknown for somebody else, as I think she'll be a DLC character after release.

I don't understand why people aren't counting Combot as one of the 15 exclusives.
Maybe cause there's 8 slots to the left and 7 to the right but I really think Combot is one of the 15 already.

AAK

I don't understand why people aren't counting Combot as one of the 15 exclusives.
Maybe cause there's 8 slots to the left and 7 to the right but I really think Combot is one of the 15 already.

WWWWHAAA??

Confirmed

Kuni
Angel
Michelle
Ogre
Forest
P Jack
Tiger
Alex

7 Plausible Remaining - 2 Types

1st Type expected

1. Dr. B
2. Miharu
3. Violet?
4. Combot?
5. Unknown?

2nd Type unexpected

... probably some 3rd party guest characters?
Ryu & Ken from SF?
Naturo + Sakura from Naruto?
Tales characters?

I included Combot in my prediction... BUT Harada already revealed that the combat you customize in fight lab mode will only be playable in non ranked matches, hence I'm not sure if it'll get a dedicated slot or not.

As for Shin and Tougou, they are within the realm of possibility. The way Harada is describing it however, makes it seem like people coming from that 2nd type aren't even from the Tekken universe just like Gon from T3.

Pachimari

I included Combot in my prediction... BUT Harada already revealed that the combat you customize in fight lab mode will only be playable in non ranked matches, hence I'm not sure if it'll get a dedicated slot or not.

As for Shin and Tougou, they are within the realm of possibility. The way Harada is describing it however, makes it seem like people coming from that 2nd type aren't even from the Tekken universe just like Gon from T3.

It's not so much you, I were reflecting those at Tekken Nation. :)

Hmm, I think I wanna try go Jin Kazama again, I'm in love with his parrying.

What if there's a Soul Calibur 5 character to act as a bit of cross promotion? Speaking of cross... an SF character to act as practice to tide people over could work too.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DEATH&#8482;;40198896 said:
@markman yes, the iSW combo ender. yeah I admit df+4, 3 can be escaped (by usually not standing) but it covers alot of situations (backroll, getup kick etc.). But even without that, you can get hit still by cd+1+2, or GT, ali kick, or even set you up for multis or unblockable. If you do raw tag, he got d+1+2, hopknee or SS 3+4 for open field, and f+4 or other wallsplats near the wall. What I'm saying is king's oki is too strong after iSW, and considering his strong damage juggles, the most safe choice people will prefer is just to tag crash. That's why IMO King doesn't need tag-buffered combos that much... unless you're fighting against solo players...

I know the options/setups. I play this game a lot/follow it. I just don't think the iSW ender is that good. Ground throw isn't really a viable option as you aren't at as much an advantage as post air giant swing.

Rolling to the side will not refloat vs d/f+4,3. I'll do some testing for you and let you know the stuff. But I'm fairly positive that a lot of what you mentioned above is not a locked down mixup that you can react to.

---

Speaking of which. I want to start getting an archive of match videos up. Hopefully I can record some this weekend.

Ohhhhhh I wish. Sadly, I doubt Namco is going to bother with him judging by his popularity :(

I can't believe Ganryu is so low. They've put a lot of work into his personality and moves since T2 and I think he's one of the most interesting characters to play. Maybe I'll start playing him more seriously now.

And also, I don't think there was a time when I picked regular Mokujin over Tetsujin in TTT1. That's a shame he's so low as well.

LowParry

Woo, got a new stick on the way

Never really played Tekken on one so it'll be interesting

It's a different beast compared to controller play. I prefer the arcade stick over the controller but be sure you put in a lot of play time with it. First couple months you'll probably struggle with simple motions such as circle forward motions or even dragon punch motions. Not to mention most arcade sticks out now are square gates which is perfect for Tekken. Just put in the work and over time, everything will come natural.

It's a different beast compared to controller play. I prefer the arcade stick over the controller so be sure you put in a lot of play time with it. First couple months you'll probably struggle with simple motions such as circle forward motions or even dragon punch motions. Not to mention most arcade sticks out now are square gates which is perfect for Tekken.

Oh, this isn't going to be my first experience with one :lol

I can play everything but Tekken on a stick, I'm absolute trash at arcades compared to on a console with a pad where I'm somewhat competent. Since the game doesn't really use motions and instead has straight-up directional inputs it messes me up. Find it much much easier on a dualshock where I can just sit my thumb wherever I need it. It might even be a 3D fighter thing in general

LowParry

If I have to play on a dualshock, I have zero thumb use. I gotta use those buttons like I'm using an arcade stick. It still baffles me when I see someone play like that. And people do it so well.

GrayFoxPL

EXPECTIT!!

I'm kidding. Thought the "expect its" were a giveaway. Obviously it has nothing to do with Tekken but if they wanted to test it, I can see them doing that. Probably won't but it isn't that far-fetched.

Quoting myself from May 1st.

Makes me wonder if they'll go early to promote TxSF by adding SF outfits to Tag2 console or even one SF character for test run.

Naah...

If they went and said: "Let's put our alpha ver. Ryu in there but only in single player modes. Let people test him out and we note their opinions."

..then it wouldn't be so stupid.

Free hype, free test runs.

Yup, I'd expect it. (but I'm having mixed feelings on the idea).

Top Bottom