• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Came 9th Place.

Lost to OFdP 3-1 but then I got beaten by Reno in Losers Final 3-0 of the pool to reach top 8. I could have done better but I dropped game winning combo's at least twice which would have given me at least a game.

Tournament was a lot of fun though and got to spectate a lot of cool matches. Gonna miss this game :(

Oh niiiiicee!!!!
(Almost) Top 8. Congrats.

lupinko

I'm just throwing around ideas as to what I should get printed for a sticker design. I want something nice and clean.

hbfL8Im.jpg

It's far from final, but that's just a general mockup.

Thanks!

And for my two cents on your concerns for Tekken 7. For people not in Korea/Japan, I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a much different (better?) version of the game, just like what happened with Bloodline Rebellion and Unlimited before it. Basically I'm beta-testing this stuff for you guys right now in some ways. =P

I'm just throwing around ideas as to what I should get printed for a sticker design. I want something nice and clean.

Ha! Sorry, lupinko, but that design is on the complete opposite spectrum of nice and clean. Way too busy. I'd say get rid of the TK5 guest costume illustration and focus solely on getting the layout right for Devil Asuka like you set out to do, it's too incoherent and distracting otherwise.

Thanks!

And for my two cents on your concerns for Tekken 7. For people not in Korea/Japan, I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a much different (better?) version of the game, just like what happened with Bloodline Rebellion and Unlimited before it. Basically I'm beta-testing this stuff for you guys right now in some ways. =P

A lot of the complaints seem to be colored by the expensive nature of the game and the persistent online. Add that with game design changes that people don't like and you have a unrest from those hearing about the game second hand.

lupinko

A lot of the complaints seem to be colored by the expensive nature of the game and the persistent online. Add that with game design changes that people don't like and you have a unrest from those hearing about the game second hand.

Oh tell me about it, I've played more than 350 games at ¥100 a game, and I paid for three months of Tekken.net. I know how expensive it is, and there's many times in this thread where I complain about the persistent online.

Numb

Finding it harder than before judging the exact damage done in long combos due to all the shaking of the life bar in Tekken 7.

lupinko

Ha! Sorry, lupinko, but that design is on the complete opposite spectrum of nice and clean. Way too busy. I'd say get rid of the TK5 guest costume illustration and focus solely on getting the layout right for Devil Asuka like you set out to do, it's too incoherent and distracting otherwise.

Yeah that's what I thought too, I just threw that in there because why not, but I think a white background and the Devil Asuka is enough, now to make it horizontal or vertical.

DEATH™

hbfL8Im.jpg

It's far from final, but that's just a general mockup.

Thanks!

You don't have to take away the TK5 pic. The only problem with it is its waaay too saturated (color wise) and saturation makes it pop out too much instead of receding like a background would. I would even get much more Asuka pics. I even think that its the one you should emphasize to pop out instead of the logo. (That's just my opinion though, it depends on what you want).

Also make the edges of the D Asuka logo "softer". You can do it by copying that layer in PS and blurring it and putting it underneath the original logo. It will make sure that the logo doesn't look like a sticker, making it fully blend along with the whole pic.

Sorry for the lengthy post from a noob PSer...

I remember when someone linked GAF in CCC. My time at TZ diminished.

GAF is nothing special as a forum. It's just like every other video game forum. GAF is a news source for me. The people here are rabid for posting video game news and that's why I come here. Opinion's on this site about games are as atrocious as anywhere, more so than other sites somtimes because for some reason people think because they are part of GAF their opinion matters more or they are better than those who are not. They are the same as any other generic video game forum though.

In fact GAFs layout way more lazy than TZs is. At least TZ has the decency to separate more things into different forum sections. Nothing more annoying than going to General Discussion and seeing some stupid opinion thread of someone looking for reassurance from other people. LTTPs any kind of Bullcrap hyperbole opinion threads IMO need to be moved to it's own stupid section of the forums or merged with OTs where I don't have to see it. That shit is literally the worst part of GAF. "HEY GAF! I just played SOTN for the first time! OMGGG!!". I seriously don't know why that shit is allowed here. Can you imagine if every idiot made a thread about playing a game they hadn't for the first time? That shit should be in OTs but it's allowed to just fuckin run free clogging up the damn GC.

Anyway the reason I'm talking shit about TZ is because there is nothing left but scrubs. They don't read, they can't comprehend anything above low-mid level player, and they are just rude and dumb. TZ used to be the place where you would go to have some kind of high level discussion on Tekken, it's not longer that place, making it pretty much unbearable and useless to me.

GAF is nothing special as a forum. It's just like every other video game forum. GAF is a news source for me. The people here are rabid for posting video game news and that's why I come here. Opinion's on this site about games are as atrocious as anywhere, more so than other sites somtimes because for some reason people think because they are part of GAF their opinion matters more or they are better than those who are not. They are the same as any other generic video game forum though.

In fact GAFs layout way more lazy than TZs is. At least TZ has the decency to separate more things into different forum sections. Nothing more annoying than going to General Discussion and seeing some stupid opinion thread of someone looking for reassurance from other people. LTTPs any kind of Bullcrap hyperbole opinion threads IMO need to be moved to it's own stupid section of the forums or merged with OTs where I don't have to see it. That shit is literally the worst part of GAF. "HEY GAF! I just played SOTN for the first time! OMGGG!!". I seriously don't know why that shit is allowed here. Can you imagine if every idiot made a thread about playing a game they hadn't for the first time? That shit should be in OTs but it's allowed to just fuckin run free clogging up the damn GC.

Anyway the reason I'm talking shit about TZ is because there is nothing left but scrubs. They don't read, they can't comprehend anything above low-mid level player, and they are just rude and dumb. TZ used to be the place where you would go to have some kind of high level discussion on Tekken, it's not longer that place, making it pretty much unbearable and useless to me.
That's some rant. I never had an issue with TZ but GAF was like CCC with more than just Tekken fans which I was attracted to over a decade ago. So I'm not saying one was better than the other. Just that I moved on.

And it wasn't always high level discussion. Thinking back, that's probably why I left. I'm not into the competitive scene.

That's some rant. I never had an issue with TZ but GAF was like CCC with more than just Tekken fans which I was attracted to over a decade ago. So I'm not saying one was better than the other. Just that I moved on.

And it wasn't always high level discussion. Thinking back, that's probably why I left. I'm not into the competitive scene.

That's why I said "some kind" as in, it was there but you had to look for it.

Sayah

Dayum son.

Posts like this make me miss Old-school TZ.

Degen

dat salt

I'll take rude and dumb scrubs over rude and dumb knowitall elitists but other opinions are cool

What makes NeoGAF so good is that what made such a large portion of the Tekken community so toxic will get you banned from here

Manbig

Damn, son! Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :p

Numb

I always liked TZ and especially after i changed that hunting hawk theme to the Jinpachi mishima rage one. Discovered it while i was learning the game beyond having fought my little bros so the information and discussion was more than good enough for me. I consider myself always learning so i observe and watch mostly.

About E3. Realized for a while now that my excitement for games has gone way down. Played Monster Hunter and Bloodborne only this year and looking forward to almost nothing. Last time that i was truly excited for a game was TTT2 and i feel like i will never feel that type of excitement again. So i am thinking the only way i can get hyped about E3 is to see some Tekken X street fighter. It is impossible since T7 and SFV are close but they are not not nearly it's level of hype. My hype for it is not based on whether it's good or not but just to see. Even hearing it's been cancelled will be news i care about. I understand now what those people who are always yelling about Half life 3 or The last Guardian truly feel.

About E3. Realized for a while now that my excitement for games has gone way down. Played Monster Hunter and Bloodborne only this year and looking forward to almost nothing. Last time that i was truly excited for a game was TTT2 and i feel like i will never feel that type of excitement again. So i am thinking the only way i can get hyped about E3 is to see some Tekken X street fighter. It is impossible since T7 and SFV are close but they are not not nearly it's level of hype. My hype for it is not based on whether it's good or not but just to see. Even hearing it's been cancelled will be news i care about. I understand now what those people who are always yelling about Half life 3 or The last Guardian truly feel.

The last 3-4 E3s, at the end of it all I've said to myself "I'm never getting excited about these events again." And every year I get sucked right back into the hype machine, this year included lol.
Dat PC conference :O
As far as individual games, I don't need to be surprised by games. My tastes are pretty mature; I know what I like and for the most part what I will like. I walk away from 99% of games I play feeling pretty good about the experience. That probably keeps my pre-release game hype levels in check. Yeah I'm happy T7 exists and is coming, but there is nothing to get excited about until it's in my hands.

lupinko

DEATH™;164262722 said:
You don't have to take away the TK5 pic. The only problem with it is its waaay too saturated (color wise) and saturation makes it pop out too much instead of receding like a background would. I would even get much more Asuka pics. I even think that its the one you should emphasize to pop out instead of the logo. (That's just my opinion though, it depends on what you want).

Also make the edges of the D Asuka logo "softer". You can do it by copying that layer in PS and blurring it and putting it underneath the original logo. It will make sure that the logo doesn't look like a sticker, making it fully blend along with the whole pic.

Sorry for the lengthy post from a noob PSer...

Thanks for the advice, anyway the Devil Asuka is actually cleaner and super high res, that mockup is really poorly compressed to get it out quick. I'm thinking about just doing Lili + Devil Asuka instead.

dat salt

I'll take rude and dumb scrubs over rude and dumb knowitall elitists but other opinions are cool

What makes NeoGAF so good is that what made such a large portion of the Tekken community so toxic will get you banned from here

Concentrated Communities in general suck once they get a certain size. Gaf works because it's not as big a KTA or a TZ.

lupinko

Basically what you guys described about TZ is what I would describe SRK.

2001 SRK registrant here.

Edit:
Just found out you don't permanently own colours bought, so if you change you have to pay again to change back.

Also if you try to customize a different slot, it prompts you to amend your changes to your other slots. I haven't done so, so I figure I can keep the existing colours.

DEATH™

Well, aside from the language, I can actually see your point. Most of the posters there adapted the Tekken Nation forum culture (Breezy knows), and the people who police these things hard are gone to pursue other things.

Which is why I'm kinda depressed. If this kind of culture will drive Tekken's future, then this game is gonna die, no kidding.

@Degen Believe me, the "toxic" things is necessary. Guys like St. George and Icege will definitely get banned around here, but darn they will keep people straight. It sets expectations straight up. Newcomers come in with a strong mentality that's geared to actually learn the game. It also produced rivalries that fueled the competitive culture.

@lupinko I dunno if I can commit but can I make a random sticker after my finals? I have a mashup idea that looks like Manbig's avatar...

EDIT.

Tekken 7 is mad beta...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-27z8vE9E&feature=youtu.be

lupinko

Knock yourself out, but I'm leaning toward slutty Lili (or slutty Christmas Lili) x Devil Asuka.

Edit: My color issue thing was discovered when I decided to make Uncle Sam Kat.

5pjOnk8.png

Unfortunately I don't have white right now for the hat.

I wish Devil Asuka was a real character, Tekken needs a bad girl character AND a redhead. Anna was kinda a bad girl but not really, she was also kinda redhead but not really either.

As someone who used to use Tekkennation looking back it was way casual and only a handful were hardcore players who wanted to learn more.
Some of the discussions were pretty useless and very casual which I am using the term lightly. But it's not my place to police others way of playing the game.

I think there can be a place for both imo and side note TZ is pretty fucking horrible.
What I have noticed is the hardcore vs casual culture is just as harmful.

DOAworld and FSD used to butt heads mainly cause FSD users who were hardcore players would start trouble. Both communities need to work it out not just one side.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken Nation was so casual it kind of hurts to think about it now. I still miss it just a bit though. I can never get too invested in the hardcore side of the series, and sometimes I feel like chatting it up about the aesthetics, or the characters, or the direction, or even the stupid story of the series. But then there was all that stuff that stretched way beyond what Tekken was and into the deepest darkest pits of fanon and weird isolated forum communities. And Tekken God knows I contributed plenty to digging that dark hole. But I was young and aimless and still fairly new to the internet and... well, how should I have known better?

Best that it rests in the past. My doctor says that too much cringing will kill me.

lupinko

Far from done, but obviously it'll be a white background. I'm cleaning up/redoing the Lili art in super high res and redoing it as lineart. Trying my best to ape the Devil Asuka motif.

Asuka has blue hair, so I'll give Lili the opposite.

cz0xkmT.jpg

lupinko

Okay, I played Tekken 7 today after work:

- game looks a tad better now? Maybe because Jack update?

- playing smarter now

- fuck Jack 7

- one fight against a Hwoarang had lag that was unbearable as fuck, it was like a Zack Snyder movie

- fuck Jack

- I retain my colours on my customs since I didn't amend the two presets, but I have a lot of gold now

- you can sell duplicates or unwanted items for gold just as long as you didn't develop them

- fuck Jack 7

After dinner I'm going to practice Asuka and or Feng or Leo in TTT2, and again many fucks to Jack.

Degen

@Lupinko: his gameplay looked really interesting in the trailer, plus the sidestep nerf is making people do crazy things

it won't last

Degen

I should note that if, by some crazy turn of events, the console players DO stick with Jack, I will absolutely be part of the problem

DEATH™

Far from done, but obviously it'll be a white background. I'm cleaning up/redoing the Lili art in super high res and redoing it as lineart. Trying my best to ape the Devil Asuka motif.

Asuka has blue hair, so I'll give Lili the opposite.

cz0xkmT.jpg

Nice concept. Just add some filters to make the whole thing blend together.

Do we know if Harada will be at E3 with Tekken 7?

AFAIK No news for it

o_O

Where are these from?

It's official Namco artwork. Lili = rich girl trope + yuri bait

P.S. Bugs Bunny banned? lol

MikeMyers

DEATH™;164529405 said:
It's official Namco artwork. Lili = rich girl trope + yuri bait

P.S. Bugs Bunny banned? lol

Seems like he was banned for mocking someone with an anime avatar.

And yeah, they do seem to be pushing Lili and Asuka in that tone.

Did you guys see Kurokuro's Top 5 tier list?

1.) Feng
2.) Claudio+Shaheen
4.) Law
5.) Kauya

When I asked JDCR what he though to Claudio he said that he's a character that appears Top Tier to mid level players but at high level he's Average. I find it very ironic that earlier today Kurokuro said he thought Claudio was Top Tier but then immediately followed up by saying that he's a mid level player though. What do you guys think from what you've seen?I think I'm kind of in agreement with JDCR on this on this one.

Claudio has no big damaging or KD lows on normal hit. He's got to hit you like 15 to 25 times low in order to take a round. If he had a damaging low he'd be top tier for sure but I think he's balanced out by the fact that if you are patient against him he has a hard time opening you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom