• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Oh yeah, happy birthday Manny! :)
How old are you now?

Tournament time is soon! Until next week I gotta go through some anti strats for some of the characters.
I have no chance against Ice_Beam, but I don't want to look like an idiot again. I have to go through some anti-Asuka and Lili.
Other characters are Bryan and Bruce, Hwoarang and Lars, Miguel and Jun, Kazuya and Law... That's the most important ones.
Anyone who has some advice for any of those characters? :)

It looks like Madcatz' very own Tokido is going to be there, playing USF IV. He might be playing some Tekken with us.

Numb

How old are you now?

Tournament time is soon! Until next week I gotta go through some anti strats for some of the characters.
I have no chance against Ice_Beam, but I don't want to look like an idiot again. I have to go through some anti-Asuka and Lili.
Other characters are Bryan and Bruce, Hwoarang and Lars, Miguel and Jun, Kazuya and Law... That's the most important ones.

It looks like Madcatz' very own Tokido is going to be there, playing USF IV. He might be playing some Tekken with us.

Would like to help but i use none of those guys except Law and the strats i use for him against you are useless when we play.

Dereck

Everyone who I thought would defend Lili, did, why take the bait?
J59r6Te.png

You gotta balance the character roster brehs.

There are too many characters under the age of 25 in Tekken 7.

Numb

Everyone who I thought would defend Lili, did, why take the bait?
J59r6Te.png

There are too many characters under the age of 25 in Tekken 7.

Only character in all of Tekken i don't like at all is Ling. I would never defend her. I find her really annoying. Even more annoying the LC.

Numb

Hmmm, why is that?

I don't like any part of her. Annoying voice and dumb moe personality. Not a fan of her fighting style. Don't like fighting her or using her at all. It is not as extreme as hate but compared to every other character in Tekken she is at the bottom for me.

LowParry

I don't like any part of her. Annoying voice and dumb moe personality. Not a fan of her fighting style. Don't like fighting her or using her at all. It is not as extreme as hate but compared to every other character in Tekken she is at the bottom for me.

Ling? Moe? wut

I'm probably not good enough to learn anything from and definitely not good enough to give advice, but i do play Asuka/Jun/Bruce. Want to beat me up some?

I agree. It's time to remove at least a handful of those bulging muscles angry eyebrows dudes!

Dereck

Hmmm

This makes me think, the only character that I've liked overall since Tekken 4 is Miguel, every new character introduced since then I've been generally apathetic.

Tekken is silly, it's silly because the numbered sequels handle themselves randomly. We haven't gotten any significant time skips since Tekken 4. In Tekken 3 I consider Ling to be a kid character. I'm not sure if she was in middle school but she was pretty young I'm sure. It's tiring to see that she's still this young character. It leaves all the doors of imagination closed. I don't have interest in the same characters being brought to other sequels and having them look the same, sound, act, animate, the same, and be the same age. Bleh

Yeah, I wanted to see adult Ling in Tekken 7.

sasuke_91

I'm probably not good enough to learn anything from and definitely not good enough to give advice, but i do play Asuka/Jun/Bruce. Want to beat me up some?

That would be great. We can fight whenever we're both Online.

Hmmm

This makes me think, the only character that I've liked overall since Tekken 4 is Miguel, every new character introduced since then I've been generally apathetic.

Tekken is silly, it's silly because the numbered sequels handle themselves randomly. We haven't gotten any significant time skips since Tekken 4. In Tekken 3 I consider Ling to be a kid character. I'm not sure if she was in middle school but she was pretty young I'm sure. It's tiring to see that she's still this young character. It leaves all the doors of imagination closed. I don't have interest in the same characters being brought to other sequels and having them look the same, sound, act, animate, the same, and be the same age. Bleh

I actually like Raven (a little) and Feng. I also liked Asuka when she was first introduced. That Asuka/Lili rivalry annoys me.
Leo is also great. Gameplay-wise, not really as a character.
Same with Ling. I love playing her and to me she's one of the most fun characters in the game. I really wanted to see an older Ling in T7, but she seems even younger.

Numb

Hmmm

Huge timeskips are one of my fav things . You get to change anything about the characters and don't need to explain much. Funny thing is Ling shares many of the similarities i don't like about her with Li Xiangfei from SNK but i like that girl way more. She is even more of a kid character but it doesn't annoy me at all. She is always serious when fighting and i like her fighting style alot.
kofXiangAnimated8.gif
xiangfei-fira.gif
xiangfei-senri.gif
xiangfei-swords.gif

Pachimari

Of the characters introduced since Tekken 4, the ones I like are Asuka, Dragunov, Feng Wei, Lili, Leo, Lars, Zafina and Miguel.

And I pretty much like what I'm seeing of all the new T7 characters as well.

Manbig

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Pretty much wrecked my diet yesterday and gonna have to go back to square one.

How old are you now?

I've never noticed any changes with Marduk other than being thrusted into a weird ass storyline with King.
Paul is a joke lol

From Tekken 4 to Tekken 5:

- Paul went from someone that wanted to be taken seriously, but still staying true to himself, to an idiot raving about beating up on aliens.

- Marduk went from a guy that felt screwed over by society, so he developed rage issues and killed Armor King in a bar brawl, to a meat head in the gym and possible rapist.

Yeah... Fuck Tekken's story after part 4.

There probably wont ever be another time skip in Tekken. They'd have to get an entirely new female cast because mature women aren't allowed in Tekken.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Pretty much wrecked my diet yesterday and gonna have to go back to square one.

From Tekken 4 to Tekken 5:

- Paul went from someone that wanted to be taken seriously, but still staying true to himself, to an idiot raving about beating up on aliens.

- Marduk went from a guy that felt screwed over by society, so he developed rage issues and killed Armor King in a bar brawl, to a meat head in the gym and possible rapist.

Yeah... Fuck Tekken's story after part 4.

Don't forget that they never really expanded on the whole Steve/Nina thing.

Hmmm

I think Lili and Dragunov were great. Miguel and Zafina look nice as well, but their movelists are uninteresting to me.

AAK

After Tekken 4, they introduced Raven which probably is still one of my favorite character designs in Tekken. One thing I did notice though, after Tekken 5 DR, Dragunov was the last new character with unique command grabs for each limb. After him: Leo, Zafina, Miguel, Bob, Lars, Alisa, Dr. B, Katarina, Shaheen, Claudio, Brosie (Bruce's command chain grabs were actually removed!), and now Gigas (who's supposed to be a Big character!) all only have the generic 1+3, 2+4 grabs and their command grabs are only 1+2 breaks.

There probably wont ever be another time skip in Tekken. They'd have to get an entirely new female cast because mature women aren't allowed in Tekken.

Jun is a middle aged woman in TTT2.

One of the funnier reponses I can (admittedly vaguely) remember Harada saying on twitter in reponse to someone saying that Jun looks too young for her age. Harada responed with something like "she looks young to others, but to Japanese people she looks very old."

Sayah

Since Tekken 4, I like:

Feng, Dragunov, Lili, Zafina

I'm indifferent about:

Asuka, Raven, Leo, Miguel

I don't like:

Bob, Lars, Alisa

I still use Alisa sometimes because she has cool animations using her chainsaws and robot head but her pink-hair design and rainbow personality are very off-putting. I have always wanted a terminator Alisa. Then she can go from the don't like to really like category. Bob and Lars I'll hate regardless.
I agree. It's time to remove at least a handful of those bulging muscles angry eyebrows dudes!

lol. This is a solid response.

And she hasn't been in a canon game since Tekken 2(her only canon game). Anna and Nina were like 27(47) or something but that was too old so they got ride of them in Tekken 7. Zafina she looked kinda mature, she had to go.

Tekken has strict rules now:

1.) No females over 21
2.) Females must pander to a moe demographic
3.) No redheads allowed. :(

AAK

Zafina looked pretty young to me. Especially in the story mode art:

2165475-t6zafinaprologue01.png

I have always wanted a terminator Alisa. Then she can go from the don't like to really like category.

THIS SO MUCH!

tekken.jpg

Alisa could have been so damn cool... Instead we got this kawaii lesbian refrigerator

EDIT I forgot to reply to this:

Yo man, you should really check out this match breakdown by RealMenace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZbPwFqMqac

It really shows how you go about learning how to punish those characters and habits those characters have. And you can also catch how Asim beat Ice_Beam at LionzDen2;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUVzh8Cmc8

Agreed with the Alisa terminator thing. How could they mess up such a cool concept, I wonder where they got such a dumb idea for a female robot...oh wait..Chobits...duh.

JDCR's Top 10 Characters at the end of Tag 2's lifespan:

1.) Devil Jin
2.) Kazuya
3.) Heihachi
4.) Ganryu
5.) Bob
6.) Armor King
7.) Dragunov
8.) Nina
9.) Bruce
10.) Capos

MikeMyers

And she hasn't been in a canon game since Tekken 2(her only canon game). Anna and Nina were like 27(47) or something but that was too old so they got ride of them in Tekken 7. Zafina she looked kinda mature, she had to go.

Tekken has strict rules now:

1.) No females over 21
2.) Females must pander to a moe demographic
3.) No redheads allowed. :(
Wait, Nina isn't in T7?

MikeMyers

Weird. I thought Nina was for sure guaranteed.

So Paul and Heihachi are the only two characters to be in every game? I don't think Yohimitsu was in Revolution, but I could be wrong.

Ruehl

Neo Member
JDCR's Top 10 Characters at the end of Tag 2's lifespan:

1.) Devil Jin
2.) Kazuya
3.) Heihachi
4.) Ganryu
5.) Bob
6.) Armor King
7.) Dragunov
8.) Nina
9.) Bruce
10.) Capos

Yay, Nina made his Top 10 list! 💋❤💋
2emq1j6_zpsdoretgm8.gif

Bob...
18wapyh7pvw72gif_zpsbxx10llu.gif

He might be good but I despise that character...

sasuke_91

Alisa could have been so damn cool... Instead we got this kawaii lesbian refrigerator

Hahahaha this really is the best description for Alisa.

Yo man, you should really check out this match breakdown by RealMenace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZbPwFqMqac

It really shows how you go about learning how to punish those characters and habits those characters have. And you can also catch how Asim beat Ice_Beam at LionzDen2;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUVzh8Cmc8

Thanks a lot bro.

Agreed with the Alisa terminator thing. How could they mess up such a cool concept, I wonder where they got such a dumb idea for a female robot...oh wait..Chobits...duh.
Hmm... at least now we know how to turn her off?

Good games Doomshine and ZTS.
For a moment there I thought Doomshine started playing Xiaoyu. You tricked me! :p
ZTS and his 2 move Bruce. On the one hand this is quite amusing and actually surprisingly effective. I never thought a low poke and a CH launcher would get you this far. On the other hand this might come off as disrespectful. It's my fault for falling for the same attack over and over (and over) again though. You also whiffed quite a lot, but I was afraid to whiff punish you and eat another CH. I'm an idiot.
My mains are Hwoarang/Steve.

Do you think I am being disrespectful? Would you rather I not play Two Move Bruce? I can always pick another character if you'd like. Also you should totally be afraid of another Ch after I wiff I move. If wiff something at and odd range that's exactly what I'm trying to bait you into.

sasuke_91

Do you think I am being disrespectful? Would you rather I not play Two Move Bruce? I can always pick another character if you'd like. Also you should totally be afraid of another Ch after I wiff I move. If wiff something at and odd range that's exactly what I'm trying to bait you into.
I don't mind 2 move Bruce and it's not for me to decide which characters you play. What I wanted to say is that some people might find this disrespectful.
But if I'm allowed to pick, I would like for you to also play your mains next time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom