• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

I think you're looking too deeply into this. lol.
Tekken 5 DR console was not some hotly anticipated title. And why not include Tekken 5 vanilla in your average, which possibly had the quickest arcade to console conversion.

I didn't include it because Namco themselves said they will never do a T5 release to value their arcade operator business lol.

I'm not so sure T7 will be getting a "second version". Big part of the reason they're using the arcade system they have now is to introduce updates easy and seamless. There's nothing stopping them from continually iterating on this build forever. IIRC the latest patch added a new stage. I expect things to continue on like this. It's possible the game may have quite a bit more content six months from now than it does today, but the name won't change.

Well, unless business wanes and they just decide to slap a subtitle on it to spark more interest.

Could be a possibility. I just think the game needs much more than a simple patch to be complete. Hence why I'm expecting a BR release.

Unfortunately, I am predicting we will not see Tekken 7 at home on consoles until around Fall 2016 or a little before Christmas 2016 generously speaking and early 2017 is a possibility also. That's the primary reason I am not happy about this game getting released in the arcade exclusively first. Oh well, it's business I guess.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Unfortunately, I am predicting we will not see Tekken 7 at home on consoles until around Fall 2016 or a little before Christmas 2016 generously speaking and early 2017 is a possibility also. That's the primary reason I am not happy about this game getting released in the arcade exclusively first. Oh well, it's business I guess.

I'd rather wait than see the series die because the home versions sold like spicy pepper beef and the late arcade versions made minimal profit.

Sayah

I didn't include it because Namco themselves said they will never do a T5 release to value their arcade operator business lol.

Well, considering that arcade business is sinking anyway, I wouldn't give too much credence to that statement. And besides that, you may as well average the entire series then besides Tekken 5 if you wish and that will still bring the average down. Tekken 6 was just a special case bringing your average way up and no other game in the series has taken as long.

I expect it a lot sooner simply because this year is the 20th Anniversary and releasing it in 2017 seems highly unlikely to me for that reason.

AAK

Well, considering that arcade business is sinking anyway, I wouldn't give too much credence to that statement. And besides that, you may as well average the entire series then besides Tekken 5 if you wish and that will still bring the average down. Tekken 6 was just a special case bringing your average way up and no other game in the series has taken as long.

I didn't include the other parts of the series because Tekken 5 DR was the first time they ever did a massive rebalance of a game while reanimating a bunch of moves. That timeline I proposed is with the assumption that a Bloodline Rebellion style Tekken 7 is on the horizon. Both DR and BR took 10 to 11 months to reach consoles. DR was a little different because people with consoles had the old 5.0 version to play around with although it was broken. Tekken 6 never had anything like that so everyone was stuck playing DR.

Regardless, I don't think it's completely out of the question to consider a holiday 2016-winter 2017 release date for consoles. The game as it is right now needs a hell of a lot of work to sell to console consumers. And I honestly don't want them to rush and give us this current beta version of Tekken 7 that Korea/Japan are paying for.

HeelPower

The only reason I am optimistic about a soonish release date is because they seem super eager and willing to show off the game in the west at pretty much every major venue.

I don't think they'd want to show the game so soon if it were 1-2 years away.They wouldn't want the marketing momentum to fizzle out methinks.

Could be completely wrong though ,but bringing a playable game all the way from Japan to US is a lot of work.

Its funny how time flies btw...We're pretty close to 1 year since T7 was announced back in EVO2014.

Sayah

I didn't include the other parts of the series because Tekken 5 DR was the first time they ever did a massive rebalance of a game while reanimating a bunch of moves. That timeline I proposed is with the assumption that a Bloodline Rebellion style Tekken 7 is on the horizon. Both DR and BR took 10 to 11 months to reach consoles. DR was a little different because people with consoles had the old 5.0 version to play around with although it was broken. Tekken 6 never had anything like that so everyone was stuck playing DR.

Regardless, I don't think it's completely out of the question to consider a holiday 2016-winter 2017 release date for consoles. The game as it is right now needs a hell of a lot of work to sell to console consumers. And I honestly don't want them to rush and give us this current beta version of Tekken 7 that Korea/Japan are paying for.

It's on a different model then before now, though. They can update their arcades on the fly. Even if you don't want to include all the past games, it's an assumption to think we'll get a DR/BR style update.

I fully expect this game to release by 2016 at latest. It would absolutely terrible for them to hype up a 20th Anniversary and then release the game on the 22nd Anniversary instead in Q1 2017.

AAK

It's on a different model then before now, though. They can update their arcades on the fly. Even if you don't want to include all the past games, it's an assumption to think we'll get a DR/BR style update.

I fully expect this game to release by 2016 at latest. It would absolutely terrible for them to hype up a 20th Anniversary and then release the game on the 22nd Anniversary instead in Q1 2017.

Could be possible, I don't think so, but I I could definitely wrong.

Our tournament has started. Here are the brackets. We're 16 players, which is more than back then at Hessen Crash^^

Just caught hold of this, Nice on winning your first 2 matches, Good luck with loser's bracket!

sasuke_91

Just caught hold of this, Nice on winning your first 2 matches, Good luck with loser's bracket!
I just lost. Could have made it into top 3, but I lost against a Jin/Lee player (I already played against her at Hessen Crash). FT3, it was 2-2 and in our final match I did everything wrong you could think of. I'm kind of salty cause I lost, but it was very fun anyways :)
I'm 5th place out of 16 players.

Sayah

I just lost. Could have made it into top 3, but I lost against a Jin/Lee player (I already played against her at Hessen Crash). FT3, it was 2-2 and in our final match I did everything wrong you could think of. I'm kind of salty cause I lost, but it was very fun anyways :)
I'm 5th place out of 16 players.

Congrats. Top 5 is still great. No need to be salty. :)

Just curious but what do domestic players think of the microtransactions for winning streaks?. Anyone know?

Microtransactions for winning streaks?
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

sasuke_91

We're finished. Ice_Beam won 5-2 against azm321. It was a great watch.
Man, we really need to do more Offline Sessions. Way better than Online >_<

AAK

Congrats on 5th Place Sasuke. Main thing was to have fun ;)

I was under the impression rage didn't give an attack boost anymore, just gave access to rage arts. Anyone know what's up?

What you said is true. That's the damage Paul gets on normal hit. Rage doesn't give anymore extra damage.

Can Paul not be nerfed please. For god sakes let the guy have his time to shine. He hasn't been great since Tekken 4 and he wasn't even that great then.

MikeMyers

Funny thing is, from a story standpoint I think he's meant to be the strongest supporting character. Only people I remember him losing to are Devil and Kuma.

Hwoarang?

Outside of a draw with Pre-Devil Gene Jin, Hwoarang hasn't done much.

Remember that Paul beat Jin and Ogre in Tekken 3 and "Won the Tournament" but Ogre transformed into T. Ogre after he left and Jin defeated T. Ogre. In Tekken 3 Paul is the strongest canon character.

Lee has only every lost to Kazuya and Heihachi and made it to the finals of both the Tekken 1, Tekken 2, and Tekken 4 tournaments before losing.

AAK

Official Tekken 6 manga puts Asuka in the league of Mishima's.

She beats up Paul in one shot while dressed as Kuma after taking down all of Jin's bodyguards. She even singlehandedly beats Eddy whlie Lily beats Nina. She even beats Devil Jin at the end (although after weakened after Kazuya's battle.

I'm just gonna close with this:

Yeah... Fuck Tekken's story after part 4.

She beats up Paul in one shot while dressed as Kuma after taking down all of Jin's bodyguards. She even singlehandedly beats Eddy whlie Lily beats Nina. She even beats Devil Jin at the end (although after weakened after Kazuya's battle.

Lol that sounds like a bad fanfic but I know the manga you are talking about. "Official" not canon, much like Blood Vengeance.

AAK

Creaking

Egh, that thing was cringe worthy. I think it was around then that I started getting frustrated with how much exposure the Asuka & Lili duo get. Blegh.

Part of me says I can't believe this was official. Another part says of course it was official.

AAK

When I first saw this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72O5P9xqEw

I had NO idea they were gonna make Asuka into the tragedy that she is now. That 2P outfit made me feel they were restrained and made a respectful female fighting practitioner. Oh boy was I wrong.

And man was that a good trailer. Introduced one of my favorite characters in fighting games: Raven.

His Tekken 6 profile says he beat Jin and then lost to Devil Jin.

That's still losing to Jin. That's like saying Kazuya/Devil Kaz are not the same.

Auska, I used to think she was a cool character but not anymore. Also she has fuckin Sophitia syndrome where her boobs just keep getting bigger and bigger with every game which is stupid.

On a side note. Man, DR looks better than SFIV. 3D Street Fighter games always look like they are a generation back in terms of graphics. Doesn't help that DIMPS is developing it either.

On a side note I want to say even though this has nothing to do with Tekken really that people donating to Bloodstained are in for a huge disappointment.

MikeMyers

Actually, come to think of it, are Paul and Yoshimitsu the only characters to participate in every tournament?

That's still losing to Jin. That's like saying Kazuya/Devil Kaz are not the same.

Auska, I used to think she was a cool character but not anymore. Also she has fuckin Sophitia syndrome where her boobs just keep getting bigger and bigger with every game which is stupid.

On a side note. Man, DR looks better than SFIV. 3D Street Fighter games always look like they are a generation back in terms of graphics. Doesn't help that DIMPS is developing it either.

A fair point on Jin and SFIV.

Didn't notice that about Asuka. I do agree her appeal has worn off though. Her story-line in 5 was interesting enough, but that yuri bait shit with Lili is getting annoying.

Creaking

Actually, come to think of it, are Paul and Yoshimitsu the only characters to participate in every tournament?

Didn't Nina as well? Or maybe not... since she was working for Jin during Tekken 6. The entire "tournament" side of Tekken 6 seems really hazy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom