• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure fighting games aren't allowed at Dave and Busters. They have a policy against them because they don't want drunk people starting real fights over them.

D&B's did had Tekken 5 &/or 6 at some and others had ultra arcade which carried SF. Don't know if they still do.

When the Dave and Busters moved into the mall here and the old Cyberstation went out of business because of it, I went there and asked if they were going to get any fighting games because there wasn't a single one in the entire arcade. Straight up said "We have a policy against fighting games ext" I assume that means all Dave and Busters.

When the Dave and Busters moved into the mall here and the old Cyberstation went out of business because of it, I went there and asked if they were going to get any fighting games because there wasn't a single one in the entire arcade. Straight up said "We have a policy against fighting games ext" I assume that means all Dave and Busters.

Really? Interesting. My local D&B also got rid of the Tekken 5 machine several years ago and I never understood why because a few people actually played it sometimes. So fighting games are a no-no, but they allow for light gun games where you shoot zombies and monsters? Well, at least they still have the original Street Fighter 2 on the Capcom classics multi-game machine. Yeah, no wonder arcades are dead to me.

Really? Interesting. My local D&B also got rid of the Tekken 5 machine several years ago and I never understood why because a few people actually played it sometimes. So fighting games are a no-no, but they allow for light gun games where you shoot zombies and monsters? Well, at least they still have the original Street Fighter 2 on the Capcom classics multi-game machine. Yeah, no wonder arcades are dead to me.

I do find that very funny no fighting games because of drunks but they keep light gun games lol what a joke.
Their food is good though at least the one here.

Sayah

That's weird.

Manbig

I do find that very funny no fighting games because of drunks but they keep light gun games lol what a joke.
Their food is good though at least the one here.

Why is it a joke? It makes perfect sense if they are trying to avoid hyper competitive games. Lightgun games are co-op.

I would assume it's more about the don't want peie fighting in real life after a salty loss

Aren't those racing games, dance dance revolution machines and a few others competitive games with a player losing and the other one winning just as bad though? Unless they just consider fighting games more frustrating, violent in nature or something.

Doomshine

Aren't those racing games, dance dance revolution machines and a few others competitive games with a player losing and the other one winning just as bad though? Unless they just consider fighting games more frustrating, violent in nature or something.
It's possible they've had some previous experience and, let's face it, the FGC does have some history of violence.

sasuke_91

I can't imagine anyone becoming violent because he lost in dance dance revolution. That would be kind of weird...

Anyone who wants to play right now?

Numb

Got two new people in our local scene today at the bi-weekly meetup. Went from 3 to 5. At this rate we will reach 10 by the time Tekken 7 shows itself. Sweet.
Found out i was already friends with one of them since the launch of Tekken 6 when we were exchanging PSN IDs. Even had it on his stick if only i looked. We had a little chuckle after that.

AAK

I think I figured it out, If the Thunder God Fist hits as a low wall hit,then the Heaven's gate will not scale. Whereas in the second vid when TGF hits in the regular wall splat then Heaven's Gate gets the combo scaling.

Hence, I don't think wall splats reset scaling... from the match vids I'm seeing the scaling keeps carrying forward until they get the last low wall hit just like in T5 - TTT2. If anyone has evidence contrary I'm interested in seeing it.

I think I figured it out, If the Thunder God Fist hits as a low wall hit,then the Heaven's gate will not scale. Whereas in the second vid when TGF hits in the regular wall splat then Heaven's Gate gets the combo scaling.

Hence, I don't think wall splats reset scaling... from the match vids I'm seeing the scaling keeps carrying forward until they get the last low wall hit just like in T5 - TTT2. If anyone has evidence contrary I'm interested in seeing it.

So it's some 5.0 shit where low wall hit does OD damage?

AAK

I think you also have to consider T5 had a lot less HP. regardless I have no idea which game it compares to but that's besides the point. The logic of the combo scaling is what I'm trying to highlight.

sasuke_91

ggs Sasuke. Bet i had you worried for a bit after that first game at least?~ =3

That third guy was really good.
Of course you did! You don't throw out f+2 at the wrong times anymore and only whiff punish with it. And your whiff punishing has gotten really, really good. Good games.

Yeah, Bilal is a very good player. And he plays so many characters! He even plays Mokujin^^
My gameplay kind of fell apart when he told me to attack more. Ate too many counterhits and basically killed myself. This always happens when I try to be more aggressive... I whiff too many moves or I attack at the wrong times, which results in counterhits or sidesteps :/

Good games, Doomshine.

it's so weird i do decently against you guys, but against nutso rushdown flowcharters in TR i do SO BAD. They just give you zero respect, run in and roll the dice. Trusting they'll come out ahead due to playing a high damage 50/50 character and being higher level than you with everything in Power.

I just can't deal with it T.T

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Tekken 5, how was that game? Never got a chance to play DR online.

You mean the artwork of Tekken 5 that you're still milking

Wait what? Was this the Jack-7 pose looking like Kings or is it something bigger?

Edit: oops, I think you're referring to the recycled character designs since T5.

Manbig

It's always a reset to damage when they wall splat. It just doesn't reset to full damage. It's been like that since 5.0. Low wall hit was also another scaling reset in all of those games.

As far as your earlier comparison, outside of the thing that you brought up, one of them was done by Devil Kaz and the other was Devil Jin. Maybe they do different damage.

Good games, Doomshine.

it's so weird i do decently against you guys, but against nutso rushdown flowcharters in TR i do SO BAD. They just give you zero respect, run in and roll the dice. Trusting they'll come out ahead due to playing a high damage 50/50 character and being higher level than you with everything in Power.

I just can't deal with it T.T

It's funny, when I was playing TR A LOT, and even with those stat boost, I felt way more comfortable playing defensive in that game than I ever did in T6 or Tag 2. Easier throw break, and solid net code (outside of DC bug) goes a really long way with that.

DEATH™

Speaking of Tekken 5, how was that game? Never got a chance to play DR online.

Wait what? Was this the Jack-7 pose looking like Kings or is it something bigger?

Edit: oops, I think you're referring to the recycled character designs since T5.

Tekken 5 is broke... I remember Steve's infinite wrecking people lol (shame though the idea was based on Ippo v. Sendo 2 finish where 3,1,1 can follow to dempsey roll but people end up getting another 3,1,1 instead). People are hyped though because it returned many characters that was cut off from T4. Also, the crush system is finally introduced but the effects weren't as prevalent because the game is mostly movement based.

DR is a more balanced version of T5 and people loved it. Also, they finally brought back AK with a shoot-style wrestling movelist (though King is clearly better lol). These are the games where hellsweep launches on NH and I can't imagine going back on those days lol.

AAK

It's always a reset to damage when they wall splat. It just doesn't reset to full damage. It's been like that since 5.0. Low wall hit was also another scaling reset in all of those games.

As far as your earlier comparison, outside of the thing that you brought up, one of them was done by Devil Kaz and the other was Devil Jin. Maybe they do different damage.

Wait, wall splats reset the damage scaling since T5.0? I must be misunderstanding you, at least in TTT2. It starts with your launcher and then the juggle scaling goes as follows: 60% --> 50% --> 45% --> 36% etc. If you get a wall splat anytime during that juggle series the scaling never resets. It continues forward. Only time the reset happens is the low wallsplat where it scales back to 60%. That's the only place where the reset happens in a juggle.

About DKaz and DJin's heaven's gate being differentiated where one of them scales and the other doesn't seems kinda iffy to me. I still kinda think my low wall splat property makes the most sense. If we see a DJin player do the TGF during a low wall splat I'll be it will have the same damage as the DKaz we saw in that original combo vid.

Fraeon

DEATH™;170002991 said:
DR is a more balanced version of T5 and people loved it. Also, they finally brought back AK with a shoot-style wrestling movelist (though King is clearly better lol). These are the games where hellsweep launches on NH and I can't imagine going back on those days lol.

Juggles in DR do piddly amounts of damage compared to single pokes, though. I kind of like that myself, though sadly the netcode in the PS3 version is god awful. You can't play it reliably even within Scandinavia... and I really don't want to think how bad it is in the US.

One thing I hope T7 does is get rollback based netcode but I guess since the game itself is minimum effort, there's pretty much no chance for them to go the extra mile.

Also really liked the WTF site they had for the first year of TTT2 and I was thinking they'd improve on that instead of axing it altogether.

AAK

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/tekken-teases-major-announcement-july-7

So this is probably the announcement of an updated version?

Damn, during the Tekken 7 vanilla US location test? Maybe it won't be an update at all and probably some collectors edition compilation of the previous Tekken games being the 20th anniversary announcement and all.

best possible scenario is TTT2 ps4 edition

Wait is the U.S. Tekken 7 getting net play?

Good question, but I doubt it. Chicago to California is gonna be uuuugly lol. But maybe that's the point of the location test?

Best possible scenario is probably updated arcade version at the same time as home version in six months or so. (That'll never happen.)

I would totally buy a Tekken collection though. If it had online.

sasuke_91

I would totally buy a Tekken collection though. If it had online.

It would be pretty pointless to release a Tekken Collection for PS4 if it didn't have Online :/

Good games GrayFoxPL, Bilal (if you read this) and Doomshine. Sorry I had to go so suddenly, didn't even get to play with you, Doomshine. I couldn't play GrayFox either, because Bilal beat us all the time :D

By the way, did boutdown quit Tekken or something? I haven't seen him around lately.

Manbig

Wait, wall splats reset the damage scaling since T5.0? I must be misunderstanding you, at least in TTT2. It starts with your launcher and then the juggle scaling goes as follows: 60% --> 50% --> 45% --> 36% etc. If you get a wall splat anytime during that juggle series the scaling never resets. It continues forward. Only time the reset happens is the low wallsplat where it scales back to 60%. That's the only place where the reset happens in a juggle.

About DKaz and DJin's heaven's gate being differentiated where one of them scales and the other doesn't seems kinda iffy to me. I still kinda think my low wall splat property makes the most sense. If we see a DJin player do the TGF during a low wall splat I'll be it will have the same damage as the DKaz we saw in that original combo vid.

My bad. I had Marduk wall throw on the brain. While low wall hit wasn't exactly the same thing in 5.0, there were some weird cases where you could score something similar that would reset scaling. The last hit of Jin's Laser Cannon for example. That shit did TONS of damage, but was super picky about when it would work.

Sayah

Well, if you want something to talk about:

http://i.minus.com/ixuenZW1xEuwB.gif

That is all a natural combo. With the debugger guaranteed. It's mid, and it's safe. And it can also wall splat making his wall pressure game worse than ever before.

At least someone will have to get nerfed for Tekken 7 BR.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it's hit confirmable too.

Are we sure that's all a natural combo?

Can't the third hit be blocked?

AAK

From the same match at the wall:

0xvNWa.gif

EDIT:

And if you wanted more buffs, his 10 frame punisher... is now a counter hit launcher:

c6gwnw.gif

Oh yeah, don't forget that this f+2 was punishable in T6 -> TTT2. So now, when in T6 you dad safe magic 4's terrorizing players, now Jack has a 1 frame faster magic 4 that also does hella damage!

Proof that it's safe: (thanks to Wonkey for the gif)

jack7f2spam.gif

I now see where Lupinko's pain is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom