• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

GM been playing with Paul. I think he placed 5th? I don't know if Fab played or not, but he wasn't in top 5. Fab has been playing as Josie, and Steve AFAIK.

Top 4 was Bloodhawk, Reno, loc, and Sumit (don't know if Sumit has a tag).

Historically, Bloodhawk tends to figure out the new games before everyone else and wins a lot of the early stuff, so this is pretty much par for the course around here.

Dereck

GM been playing with Paul. I think he placed 5th? I don't know if Fab played or not, but he wasn't in top 5. Fab has been playing as Josie, and Steve AFAIK.

Top 4 was Bloodhawk, Reno, loc, and Sumit (don't know if Sumit has a tag).

Historically, Bloodhawk tends to figure out the new games before everyone else and wins a lot of the early stuff, so this is pretty much par for the course around here.
Thanks

Spooky streaming the Tekken 7 qualifier he recorded
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
EDIT: Thanks

Manbig

Man Ogre was really going off on GM in Spooky's chat earlier. Dude basically threatened physical violence on GM if he ever saw him in person.

AAK

Assuming those pics from KTA are true and not fabricated, then it's 100% evil what GM did.

Also, please don't ask me to extrapolate. Just go to Kor's Tekken Academy and see USMCOgre's post congratulating GM on winning SCR. It's all there. But I know the rest of Tekken GAF are busier and more useful contributors to society compared to myself and have better things to do with their time.

Sayah

Assuming those pics from KTA are true and not fabricated, then it's 100% evil what GM did.

Also, please don't ask me to extrapolate. Just go to Kor's Tekken Academy and see USMCOgre's post congratulating GM on winning SCR. It's all there. But I know the rest of Tekken GAF are busier and more useful contributors to society compared to myself and have better things to do with their time.
Ooh D-R-A-M-A

Yeah, I don't wanna go through Facebook. Just spill the details here.

It's just screenshots of a facebook back and forth between GM and the woman who loaned him the money. Months of her asking for it back with little correspondance.

Sayah

Exactly. And the thought we might not even be anywhere close to AC Tekken 7: XX is making me depressed.

Don't test my limits Namco. Post-2016 release = I'm OUT.
I'll just fill that Tekken itch by going back to T6/TTT2.
I'm trying to shift the focus to SP games recently anyways to clear out that backlog.

Sayah

Anyone else think this would be an awesome design for a fighting character?
cynthia-pokemon-champion.jpg

It's Cynthia from Pokemon, lol.

AAK

While we're on the topic of character ideas... I always wanted another character that had something similar to steve where their strikes were only concentrated on one half of their extremities. So like how Steve can only throw punches, how about a character that can only kick?

As for the 1, 2 buttons, they could get super creative with it for using swinging motions to build momentum or other stances that could lead to other specific moves. I guess it could be an excuse to introduce the Taekkyeon martial art.

I have so many ideas but are completely dependent on Namco going in the opposite direction of where the series is currently heading :(

Character Ideas?

I always wanted more ties between Tekken and Soul Calibur, so one of my ideas was a character that was a descendant to Raphael. He/She ( she preferably) does Savate.

Though Tekken's over saturated with kickboxers.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
While we're on the topic of character ideas... I always wanted another character that had something similar to steve where their strikes were only concentrated on one half of their extremities. So like how Steve can only throw punches, how about a character that can only kick?

As for the 1, 2 buttons, they could get super creative with it for using swinging motions to build momentum or other stances that could lead to other specific moves. I guess it could be an excuse to introduce the Taekkyeon martial art.

I have so many ideas but are completely dependent on Namco going in the opposite direction of where the series is currently heading :(

It's not as extreme as Steve (though Steve does have like 3 leg moves) but I always thought Hwoarang filled the mostly-legs role pretty well already. I suppose he doesn't have special functions assigned to the fist buttons though.

I think we getting it on a console a year from now is realistic.

Realistically, I'm still thinking Fall 2017 or maybe Summer 2017 for consoles at the earliest. If a new version of Tekken 7 is actually going to materialize like I am hearing in the arcades, I am assuming the console version will be based on that. That is why I think it will come out later instead of sooner. If Tekken 7 was the final arcade release excluding patches, modifications, etc, then I think Fall 2016 would be a strong possibility. I'm hoping for next year, but at this point I do not have much confidence.

GrayFoxPL

MMA space is vacant so that's ocasion for non sexualised mma female like from Tepuu manga or that dude from KoFXI.

We need more characters martial artists.

Numb

MMA space is vacant so that's ocasion for non sexualised mma female like from Tepuu manga or that dude from KoFXI.

We need more characters martial artists.

bro
bro
we are on the same wavelength
0p8JdWf.gif

180.jpg

with the same shitty fucked up personality please.

also we need a new animal.
I vote for a giraffe.
f

Just look at those baits and whiffs.
f

that range and damage!
1361354900206081427.GIF

that speed and brutality

that balance
giraffes are sick

GIF-Giraffe-vs.-Motorcycle-GIF.gif

giraffe+(1).gif

THIS!!

Numb

Yo Numb, SquirrelSoup high five for Teppuu! :D

Dat Giraffe cracks me up. Possible as a boss!

My candidate: KnifeDog

LufANV1.jpg

Big enough and can be it's own guy.
Small and can be an assist or extension like Ken and Koromaru or ZWEI and hiss stand dog.
Can't go wrong there.

AAK

Wouldn't be a very interesting character unless he/she has a striking base to go with it, so basically an MMA character.

I still say you can make something interesting out of it. I want Namco to make more risks. Why not have a character that's core face buttons that are striking base act like catch-grabs that can lead to other things. Or maybe those base strike buttons are even possible counters to make a bonafide royce gracie persona? There's so much room for creativity in Tekken's control scheme that Namco can use to make an incredibly diverse cast from a gameplay and artistic perspective.

On paper it might sound impossible to implement but with the incredible amount of variables in Tekken's base fighting system there's so many tuning and adjustments possible that I definitely think it can be done. Of coarse with such an outlandish new style problems will almost surely arise but in this age of instant network patches it can always be ironed out over time.

Numb

Bleach has dope character concepts though so....

Yep.
Kazumi and Shaheen are cool. The rest of the new guys and you could find a ton of Bleach guys to replace em but Bleach is more on the Soul Calibur side that Tekken.
Quincy already in tho. Chad is cool. Miguel becomes Chad if he don't make it in.

Sayah

I vote gorilla for new animal character.

Every good fighter knows when to run away.

giphy.gif

Plus, they can be bipedal and would actually work. :p

Dereck

I'm glad you knuckleheads didn't mention someone like Gon.

VZvTRYT.png

I really think some people should go back and play Tekken 3.

Fraeon

Brawler Mokujin.

awww-yeah.jpg

I don't know why but the game really likes to give Sebastian instead of Lili when playing Mokujin. Really screws up my bnbs because my normal fillers don't work.
Or bounds. Or pretty much anything outside of basic pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom