• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please please make each custom peice seperate from each other.
This has been a complaint for awhile now it's more fun to mix and match them.

Also consider past alts from Tekken 5 like Asuka's dress etc.

As far as gameplay goes give Kat some more tools when the console version comes around. Kazumi is pretty amazing don't change her up too much.

sasuke_91

Keep the discussions clean because Michael Murray is reading?

What the fuck.

If you want to be taken seriously, you always have to keep it clean :p

Hi Mr. Murray
I agree with ZTS. Great single player content can make a great fighting game. Everyone remembers Tekken Ball or Tekken Bowling, yet I've never heard anyone talk about T6's campaign. Replace that one with Tekken Force Mode again :p
The hair is also an issue that has to be addressed. Not only the bad textures, but also the clipping or Lili's Spaghetti hair.
And well... I just really hope the game comes out in 2016...

Ggs Sasuke.

Sorry I was too tired already. Couldn't pull off df+1 anymore.

You almost took me out with that feng/drag, very good play. I was surprised you didn't try them more.

With Feng remember about that weird bound after db+4 with 2~1. And he has lots of low launchers. ss+4, f+(4),4 BT d+3 and his strongest tag ender is 3~4,3. Abuse db+1 stuff. Also 4~3 flip stomp is ridiculous, high crush plus great oki and range.

Oh and his get up with 3+4 is really good, you can even score a combo if you time jab(2 I think) after it.

Good games. I watched a little of Aris' tutorial before we played and tried to make use of some of the points he mentioned. Feng seems like a rather easy character and he has some great low pokes and low launchers. I still haven't taken any time to study Dragunov. I went through his move list and practiced his combos, nothing else yet. Learning new characters is really exhausting :p
I totally forgot about the 2~1 bound after db+4. I always tried to hit WS+1 and wondered if I timed it wrong. I'll hit practice mode a little more before trying them again.

Your Paul killed me today. I can't deal with his 50/50 mixup at close range. And his shredders always get me. I played some ranking before playing against you and some Paul player ruined my promotion to Berserker with Leo. Xiaoyu's promo to Warrior wasn't too far away either, but I played him twice and lost again :/

If there's too much to remember for Steve I'll tell you 2 things that might already be enough:
d+2,1,f+3. Spam that shit at close range. You have so many options after that, especially if you cancel the duck into a FC. You do Wildman cancel combos, so that shouldn't be a big deal either^^
You rarely go into Flicker in the open. Do that. So many options to choose from, all of them safe, FLK 1,u+1 is neutral on block and gives KND on hit. If you noticed, I often do a sidestep right after that and shoot a Shoryuken. Works surprisingly often :p

Something that a lot of people fall for: When my oppenent is on the floor, I often do a f+3,1 with Steve. Many people try do a getup 3 after that and get low-parried. 60% of the time, it works every time.

GrayFoxPL

Slow down guys or Mr. Murray won't manage to write it all down!

WLZ0hes.gif

Best thing they could do for console release is use the Skullgirls controller driver like NetherRealm did.

It allows to use your old usb pads and sticks. You don't have to buy new "official" gear.

But:

1. It would be a gesture of good will for players.

2. Capcom doesn't do it so...

I won't even be able to play T7 without it.

Good games. I watched a little of Aris' tutorial before we played and tried to make use of some of the points he mentioned. Feng seems like a rather easy character and he has some great low pokes and low launchers. I still haven't taken any time to study Dragunov. I went through his move list and practiced his combos, nothing else yet. Learning new characters is really exhausting :p
I totally forgot about the 2~1 bound after db+4. I always tried to hit WS+1 and wondered if I timed it wrong. I'll hit practice mode a little more before trying them again.

Your Paul killed me today. I can't deal with his 50/50 mixup at close range. And his shredders always get me. I played some ranking before playing against you and some Paul player ruined my promotion to Berserker with Leo. Xiaoyu's promo to Warrior wasn't too far away either, but I played him twice and lost again :/

If there's too much to remember for Steve I'll tell you 2 things that might already be enough:
d+2,1,f+3. Spam that shit at close range. You have so many options after that, especially if you cancel the duck into a FC. You do Wildman cancel combos, so that shouldn't be a big deal either^^
You rarely go into Flicker in the open. Do that. So many options to choose from, all of them safe, FLK 1,u+1 is neutral on block and gives KND on hit. If you noticed, I often do a sidestep right after that and shoot a Shoryuken. Works surprisingly often :p

Something that a lot of people fall for: When my oppenent is on the floor, I often do a f+3,1 with Steve. Many people try do a getup 3 after that and get low-parried. 60% of the time, it works every time.

I need to practice Paul more I didn't seriously use him for months and it shows.

Btw. remember that Paul is very punishable. D+1+2, Demo man, the elbows and follow ups. The cancels like fc df+2,2 B. If you notice him canceling, launch right away he's huge on minus.

He has some pushback but decent ff move will get him.

Thanks for Steve advice!

d+2,1,f+3 with Steve is hard for me. He cancels into d+2,1,2 animation (the bound overhead) every time. I feel like I have to concentrate like a monk to do it right.

Many people try do a getup 3 after that and get low-parried. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Lol.

I'll try it!

Sayah

Mr. Murray, this is a good illustration of where bad design and bad customization are coming together to make an awful combination.

DadwCBN.png

Please limit people's color options so I'm not blinded while playing.

Why would you let this stuff ruin your otherwise beautiful game? You have these amazing HD visuals and nice attention to detail and then you add in these customs and it looks like a 5 year old trying to color his art book.

GrayFoxPL

Nice butt circle.

sVR2zOA.gif

Sayah, they won't remove the clowning up characters. Koreans would be on suicide watch if they did.

They could of course include simple option like: "Don't show customs" but you won't get it.

Sayah

Nice butt circle.

sVR2zOA.gif

Sayah, they won't remove the clowning up characters. Koreans would be on suicide watch if they did.

They could of course include simple option like: "Don't show customs" but you won't get it.

A "Don't show customs" option won't work even if they wanted to because certain items can be used and will affect gameplay. :/

From what I recall reading somewhere, I think they outsourced creation of custom items to some company in India for Tag 2? And now those customs are being re-used for Tekken 7.

I mean if recycling customs was the only option due to budgeting or whatever, wouldn't it have made sense to recycle Tekken 6 stuff at least since it's more high quality? There are more options to change clothing on body parts, the colors are limited, and the characters don't end up looking like clowns.

GrayFoxPL

A "Don't show customs" option won't work even if they wanted to because certain items can be used and will affect gameplay. :/

From what I recall reading somewhere, I think they outsourced creation of custom items to some company in India for Tag 2? And now those customs are being re-used for Tekken 7.

I mean if recycling customs was the only option due to budgeting or whatever, wouldn't it have made sense to recycle Tekken 6 stuff at least since it's more high quality? There are more options to change clothing on body parts, the colors are limited, and the characters don't end up looking like clowns.

We'll at least you won't see other stuff besides those items. That's....something I guess.

I don't think those T7 customs are directly copied from Tag2. I know they look the same but technically they are better "quality". Better textures, they fit better, "tighter" on character models. Maybe it's because of item/cloth conversion to UE4 they did from the go or basically made new cloths to look like Tag2 ones even if they didn't have to.

I don't know, but why copy the shitiest customs. For me it's just another proof that they don't give a shit and do what they want. Tekken 7 could have that in a subtitle.

Tekken 6 had some good quality shit.

kcLpn9m.png

That silk shirt was 6000$, pants 7200$, belt 400$, shoes - Italian leather(made from real Italians) 15 000$

And those are 500$ sunglasses asshole!

Tekken 7 gets it's clothes from the dumpster. :p

^ bring back the Tekken 6 customs if you have to just don't make them crazy expensive.

Bring back the space shuttle stage that would be hype in current gen.

I don't think Tekken Ball and Tekken Bowling modes have much bearing for casual fans. It would have then made a difference for TTT2 WiiU vers.

People actually love it on the Wii U. It's just that if you remember it's on the FUCKIN WII U a dead on arrival console, with bad online, and was released like 6 months after PS3 and Xbox360. That's like saying the hitbox viewer on UMVC3 was a dumb idea because it was only in the Vita version and Vita version sold like crap so people don't want that. That's BS. Also Tekken Ball is not online on the Wii U as far as I know.

DEATH™

If you are talking about T6 assets being recycled, then that's bad. You have to retopo those models, rig and texture them again so you can customize the colors and fit on a better-defined engine. Else you will have to see a jarring model in-game that you can't even customize color wise.

TLDR You have to redo the whole thing.

AAK

People actually love it on the Wii U. It's just that if you remember it's on the FUCKIN WII U a dead on arrival console, with bad online, and was released like 6 months after PS3 and Xbox360. That's like saying the hitbox viewer on UMVC3 was a dumb idea because it was only in the Vita version and Vita version sold like crap so people don't want that. That's BS. Also Tekken Ball is not online on the Wii U as far as I know.

I never said Tekken Ball was a dumb idea, just the fact that your overstating its impact with the casuals. The solution to me is pretty simple and it can be seen with Mortal Kombat X, a game with unplayable netcode, on-disc DLC, and so many things going against it. They need to update and revamp Tekken's presentation to a much higher standard, and treat the cast of the game with respect by not turning them all into freak shows with the options the game presents. Those little things MKX got right, and the results speak for themselves.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
DEATH™;185090747 said:
If you are talking about T6 assets being recycled, then that's bad. You have to retopo those models, rig and texture them again so you can customize the colors and fit on a better-defined engine. Else you will have to see a jarring model in-game that you can't even customize color wise.

TLDR You have to redo the whole thing.

Still better than redoing Tekken Tag 2's customs.

Mr. Michael Murray, I like what you guys are doing thus far. I'm glad we have no animals so far on the roster. We need more character development this time around. Move these relationships forward. After you kill off Heihachi, Feng would make an awesome end boss in Tekken 8 with his quest for power and all. I'd like to suggest you add (3) story DLCs that bridge the gap between Tekken 7 to Tekken 8.

When will Ling and Jin elope?

Steve and Nina need to behave more like mother and son. Nina needs to introduce Steve to his real father. Where is Nina on the roster? It might be best to age all the younger cast. Your fan base is getting old.

Tekken needs a black female boxer. Just a suggestion here:
f1220d24ec8f7fee8a69235804d4cc37.jpg

GAF is getting cynical when we see all these young school girls, but we still love you guys.

GrayFoxPL

Mr. Michael Murray, I like what you guys are doing thus far. I'm glad we have no animals so far on the roster. We need more character development this time around. Move these relationships forward. After you kill off Heihachi, Feng would make an awesome end boss in Tekken 8 with his quest for power and all. I'd like to suggest you add (3) story DLCs that bridge the gap between Tekken 7 to Tekken 8.

When will Ling and Jin elope?

Steve and Nina need to behave more like mother and son. Nina needs to introduce Steve to his real father. Where is Nina on the roster? It might be best to age all the younger cast. Your fan base is getting old.

GAF is getting cynical when we see all these young school girls, but we still love you guys.

7oY2CPc.gif

Creaking

Dear Michael Murray.

Please keep customization.

Thanks.

But make it better. Or at least, make it as good as Tekken 6's was. Hands and feet should be separate from torsos and pants. Multiple layers should be an option where applicable. Every character should have at least 10 styles of facial hair, and that includes the women and animals.

GrayFoxPL

I rather have 10 pro quality outfits per character.

Like the ones from BR intro.

YxcSX9h.gif

Favorite Customs were from T5/DR since they were individual for every character.

T6 customs were more universal but great quality.

Just not this pos for Tag2 and T7.

Creaking

I rather have 10 pro quality outfits per character.

Like the ones from BR intro.

YxcSX9h.gif

Favorite Customs were from T5/DR since they were individual for every character.

T6 customs were more universal but great quality.

Just not this pos for Tag2 and T7.

The only universal customizations in Tekken 6 were the set of 6 hats (headband, metal headband, beanie, baseball cap, cowboy hat, and bandanna--all separate from each character's unique headgear/hairstyles), a bunch of generic glasses, the medieval and Chinese swords, the sledgehammer for guys, and the Naginata for girls. Everything else was unique to each character, save for the obvious things like hitsparks and auras.

But more than being unique, it also looked good. Tekken 5/DR's options were a little too primitive for my tastes.

Doomshine

No one's suggesting taking customization out. Just that it should be better.....like Tekken 6 or SCV......not goofy like TTT2.

I fought a ton of "clowns" in T6 and hairy penis monsters in SCV. People are going to make annoying looking customizations no matter the system because it gets a reaction from some people.

Nobi gonna Nobi, basically.

Best you can hope for is an option to turn them all off except the ones with item moves.

AAK

DEATH™;185110955 said:
Well, considering that 1 generic costume can fit to almost everyone, compared to 1 costume per char, it makes sense economically why the would prefer making generics.

Economy is not an excuse for completely ruining any sort of prestige the characters of Tekken had. People are even confusing THIS as a default 2P outfit for a character. And then when someone will come accross a random match video like this leaving all confused arriving to the conclusion that Tekken's cast is all just generic? The characters of a fighting game are its blood and soul. It shows with MKX and Street Fighter currently being leagues ahead in popularity... and being one of the reasons why Tekken used to be the most popular. Everyone should take the hint right now how important the presentation of the game factors into its reception to the masses. The customization system as it is now is a huge detriment on pushing the Tekken cast further and Tekken 7 will suffer from it if it stays the way it is.

And if we're going pure economics, wouldn't it have just been cheaper to reuse the same Tekken Revolution engine and keep the graphics the way they were? The argument doesn't fly. And sure it will be more expensive to make, but look at it as more of an investment than just any extra meaningless cost. You have to put something in to get something out. The same goes for re-animating the cast and hit animations.

I fought a ton of "clowns" in T6 and hairy penis monsters in SCV. People are going to make annoying looking customizations no matter the system because it gets a reaction from some people.

Best you can hope for is an option to turn them all off except the ones with item moves.

T6's clown outfits were few and far between the vast majority of the cast. But even if there were some clown esque outfits, they were somewhat designed in character like seen in the Tekken 6 artbook:

Sure have some troll outfits, but at least have them designed in accordance to the character like in Tekken 6 or Virtua Fighter 5 FS. The current Tag 2 and T7 implementation is not the way to go.

GrayFoxPL

The only universal customizations in Tekken 6 were the set of 6 hats (headband, metal headband, beanie, baseball cap, cowboy hat, and bandanna--all separate from each character's unique headgear/hairstyles), a bunch of generic glasses, the medieval and Chinese swords, the sledgehammer for guys, and the Naginata for girls. Everything else was unique to each character, save for the obvious things like hitsparks and auras.

But more than being unique, it also looked good. Tekken 5/DR's options were a little too primitive for my tastes.

I thought the t-shirts and pants like slacks and jeans were generic too, but maybe I'm remembering them wrong. It's been too long.

The really bad thing about T5/DR was lack of any physics, everything was stiff. Other then that I loved them and ideas with hair, tatoos, masks etc. And funny items were actually funny, not dumb.

1uJoTPY.gif

Creaking

I thought the t-shirts and pants like slacks and jeans were generic too, but maybe I'm remembering them wrong. It's been too long.

Nah, it's just that multiple characters had t-shirts or jeans/slacks. In that sense they were similar, but they were tailored specifically to each characters and had slight differences. Someone might have more rugged looking jeans than another character, or one character might have a different type of dress suit, or one character might have a v-neck t-shirt while another one has something more circular. Rather than there being one generic dress-suit/pair of jeans/t-shirt that's just been resized to fit all characters. There were subtleties.

At least I'm pretty sure. We'll say 85% sure, because I haven't played Tekken 6 in a while either. All I know is that it wasn't close to being as samey as Tekken Tag 2's system. And I forgive it there; they had to contend with a huge roster and technical limitations. I don't see either of those things with Tekken 7.

GrayFoxPL

Nah, it's just that multiple characters had t-shirts or jeans/slacks. In that sense they were similar, but they were tailored specifically to each characters and had slight differences. Someone might have more rugged looking jeans than another character, or one character might have a different type of dress suit, or one character might have a v-neck t-shirt while another one has something more circular. Rather than there being one generic dress-suit/pair of jeans/t-shirt that's just been resized to fit all characters. There were subtleties.

At least I'm pretty sure. We'll say 85% sure, because I haven't played Tekken 6 in a while either. All I know is that it wasn't close to being as samey as Tekken Tag 2's system. And I forgive it there; they had to contend with a huge roster and technical limitations. I don't see either of those things with Tekken 7.

Yeah. Maybe "too much work" is a technical limitation.

Like reworking the new oki system for Lei to work in T7 or reworking Lei himself.

We'll never see him in T7.

sasuke_91

Good games, Sasuke.

Good games SquirrelSoup. Mix up your throws a little better and use different throws. My throw breaking sucks normally, but I had no problems breaking throws against you because the majority were 2 throws.
That match when I used Feng/Drag, in the Final Round you just went ahead grabbed 3 times and I lost because I panicked. Or when you abused that low poke when I didn't block it, and the moment I wanted to block you threw a launcher at me. Do stuff like that more often. Play with my head. It's not cheap and you're not a spammer if you abuse low pokes your opponent doesn't block/crush.

I fought a ton of "clowns" in T6 and hairy penis monsters in SCV
Sounds... lovely :/

Sayah

I fought a ton of "clowns" in T6

Please don't exaggerate.

Tag 2's clown potential is far far far faaaaaar greater than Tekken 6.
#1: Tekken 6 didn't have nearly as many goofy hand items (e.g. ice cream cones, sunflowers, etc.).
#2: Tekken 6's head items were largely restricted to hats, tiaras, and stuff as opposed to monster blobs, chocolate cakes, etc. in TTT2.
#3: Tekken 6 did not have nearly as many goofy back items as TTT2 (e.g. pizzas, huge ass purple butterfly wings that literally everyone used along with a dark, blinding aura, etc.).
#4: Tekken 6 restricted color customization options to primary/secondary colors and didn't give a whole scale of options. TTT2 offered a whole scale of colors and, in result, people's customs often ended up having sharp, bright, blinding colors.

Can you create a clown character in Tekken 6? Sure.

latest

But these were far fewer to spot online and most characters had customs that suited them well individually. And even at their worse, they still didn't look nearly as bad as what you got in TTT2 or are currently getting in Tekken 7.

It's also interesting you're defending keeping a customization system that's completely recycled from a previous entry and not asking for more quality options like everyone else is.

AAK

Not to mention you can give that wand custom to ANYONE in TTT2 with the schoolgirl harry potter animation. I can never look at Bryan the same again after witnessing him wear nothing but underwear trunks attempting to wave that wand around like a pre-pubescent witch.

Sayah

Also, DoA5 is a proven model as far as additional clothing options go.They've successfully banked on creating many, many high quality and detailed DLC costumes, and I'm sure made a good amount of money off of that. Obviously it was a success if they kept releasing more and more of them and then decided to charge $93 for a costume season pass.

I'd much rather have that model and pay for costumes instead of one where we are getting free but old, recycled clown customs from a past entry that completely deteriorates any visual fidelity Tekken 7 has.

Team Ninja even got Last Round up on PS4, One, and PC, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the more successful fighting franchise over Tekken in the console space now. Never mind the fact that Tekken used to be #1 in the fighting genre and is now definitely overtaken by Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. And I'm not very optimistic Tekken 7 has much juice left in the console market in its current state, especially as they keep delaying a console release. It'll be another Tekken 6 situation where they over ship the game and then price drop it to $20 a week later because it's two years old and most people aren't interested any longer.

Not to mention you can give that wand custom to ANYONE in TTT2 with the schoolgirl harry potter animation. I can never look at Bryan the same again after witnessing him wear nothing but underwear trunks attempting to wave that wand around like a pre-pubescent witch.

uggggghhhhh.

Doomshine

My point is that people who want to make stupid looking customizations will find ways to do it. T6, SCV or VF5, it doesn't matter, it will get made.

It's also interesting you're defending keeping a customization system that's completely recycled from a previous entry and not asking for more quality options like everyone else is.

If I'm defending the customization system in T7 then by the same logic you are defending this:
maxresdefault.jpg

I've defended Tag 2's customization in the past but I've also said I expected T7 to return to the more refined system from T6 since it's 1v1 only.

I'd much rather have that model and pay for costumes instead of one where we are getting free but old, recycled clown customs from a past entry that completely deteriorates any visual fidelity Tekken 7 has.

and this is where we disagree and the reason for my post.

Sayah

If T6 had TTT2 netcode you'd see a lot more clownish outfits, and more players. T6 also let you make really girlish dudes.

Tekken 6 had bad netcode but it was definitely not short on online players. I should know considering I played the game all the way up to TTT2's release. Not to mention Tekken 6 sold twice as much as TTT2 and had a larger player count anyway.

I played Tekken 6 a few months ago and the game was still active online......and I was finding matches easily.

My point is that people who want to make stupid looking customizations will find ways to do it. T6, SCV or VF5, it doesn't matter, it will get made.

If I'm defending the customization system in T7 then by the same logic you are defending this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, and the frequency and volume of those customizations will only be higher when you provide a greater range of options to have stupid looking customized characters.........and that range of options is lower in T6 and from what I've used of the SCV system.

I've defended Tag 2's customization in the past but I've also said I expected T7 to return to the more refined system from T6 since it's 1v1 only.

And that is exactly what is being asked from Namco by me? What exactly is the disagreement here then?

MikeMyers

Team Ninja even got Last Round up on PS4, One, and PC, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the more successful fighting franchise over Tekken in the console space now. Never mind the fact that Tekken used to be #1 in the fighting genre and is now definitely overtaken by Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. And I'm not very optimistic Tekken 7 has much juice left in the console market in its current state, especially as they keep delaying a console release. It'll be another Tekken 6 situation where they over ship the game and then price drop it to $20 a week later because it's two years old and most people aren't interested any longer.

Seems like the Street Fighter IV renaissance basically bled out the entire 3D Fighting genre except DOA. MK went back to 2D Gameplay, SC is MIA, VF got absorbed into DOA, and Tekken's massively into decline.

DEATH™

Economy is not an excuse for completely ruining any sort of prestige the characters of Tekken had. People are even confusing THIS as a default 2P outfit for a character. And then when someone will come accross a random match video like this leaving all confused arriving to the conclusion that Tekken's cast is all just generic? The characters of a fighting game are its blood and soul. It shows with MKX and Street Fighter currently being leagues ahead in popularity... and being one of the reasons why Tekken used to be the most popular. Everyone should take the hint right now how important the presentation of the game factors into its reception to the masses. The customization system as it is now is a huge detriment on pushing the Tekken cast further and Tekken 7 will suffer from it if it stays the way it is.

And if we're going pure economics, wouldn't it have just been cheaper to reuse the same Tekken Revolution engine and keep the graphics the way they were? The argument doesn't fly. And sure it will be more expensive to make, but look at it as more of an investment than just any extra meaningless cost. You have to put something in to get something out. The same goes for re-animating the cast and hit animations.

T6's clown outfits were few and far between the vast majority of the cast. But even if there were some clown esque outfits, they were somewhat designed in character like seen in the Tekken 6 artbook:

Sure have some troll outfits, but at least have them designed in accordance to the character like in Tekken 6 or Virtua Fighter 5 FS. The current Tag 2 and T7 implementation is not the way to go.

I'm not saying it's not bad, but if you have to bust out a game as quick as possible (probably because of arcade revenue, and let's be honest here, the whole game screams RUSHED), you want to finish as much stuff with the few amount of budget, labor and time you have.

Here's the thing though, you definitely have a point about T7 just reusing TTT2/TR engine and we won't have "probably" any problems, we could even have probably the whole TTT2 roster and still have probably enough time to actually rework everyone. But then I won't stop them to pick up Unreal (mad potential, probably doesn't cost them as much in royalty fees, and it will stop us complainers about the lack of graphics update). Same thing with them experimenting with VR.

But then, they should've hired a consultant because based on what I'm understanding on some of MM's statements, they have freaking troubles with Unreal. This puts everything in perspective. At this point, developing great customs is a luxury they cannot afford, when you have a game littered with bugs everywhere. It just sucks that we will nitpick everything, but darn...

Like reworking the new oki system for Lei to work in T7 or reworking Lei himself.

"Too much work" = too much money and labor for one char that won't be used by scrubs who complain about Tekken being too hard. :p

Prepare for a replacement char that will have a barebones Lei moveset.

Doomshine

And that is exactly what is being asked from Namco by me? What exactly is the disagreement here then?

If nobody wanted customization gone I woudln't have posted what I did. The rest is you extrapolating things that didn't exist from my posts or telling me that I'm exaggerating. I'm sorry I didn't screenshot every dumb outfit I saw in T6 years ago.

Sayah

Seems like the Street Fighter IV renaissance basically bled out the entire 3D Fighting genre except DOA. MK went back to 2D Gameplay, SC is MIA, VF got absorbed into DOA, and Tekken's massively into decline.

It's not SF's fault 3D games declined.
VF is dead because Sega is incompetent and literally ran most of their franchises into the ground (ranging from Sonic to Valkyria Chronicles to VF to others).

SCV was actually successful from the sales figures they've reported even though Namco sent the game out to die. And I'm pretty sure they're working on a numbered sequel right now based on the hints they've given.

DoA5 was successful because it had superb presentation
(and also because there's an audience for their heavily sexualized female cast).

But nevertheless, DoA5 looked good. Even as an older game, DoA5 beats Tekken 7 in terms of hair texturing and is consistently good with modeling.
Christmas-Dead-Or-Alive-5-DOA-DLC-7.jpg

doa5_15.jpg

Creaking

DEATH™;185121473 said:
"Too much work" = too much money and labor for one char that won't be used by scrubs who complain about Tekken being too hard. :p

Prepare for a replacement char that will have a barebones Lei moveset.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Sayah

If nobody wanted customization gone I woudln't have posted what I did. The rest is you extrapolating things that didn't exist from my posts or telling me that I'm exaggerating. I'm sorry I didn't screenshot every dumb outfit I saw in T6 years ago.

Yeah, except you are exaggerating saying there were "tons" of clown customs in Tekken 6. I don't recall so many. It's best not to rely on anecdotal evidence anyway so just look at the actual facts.

TTT2 has far more color options that lead to extremely bright and sharp colors that hurt your eyes and aren't that far off from the neon colors in SFXTK.

TTT2 has far more silly and clownish options for customization.

That should be all that needs to be said here.

AAK

The reason some of us were asking for it to be gone is because the current selection is 90% nonsensical attires bereft of any context. But in the end, it is just a knee-jerk reaction. If Namco is only going to design the troll customs, what I really want, is an option to disable it, that's all. If people want Tekken to look like this, let them but don't let the rest of the people that cherished the old Tekken aesthetic suffer because of it.

But then my realistic side of me starts telling me that all of this is intentional and this is the future of the series and I should shut up & stop expecting it to change to my liking....

DEATH™

It's not SF's fault 3D games declined.
VF is dead because Sega is incompetent and literally ran most of their franchises into the ground (ranging from Sonic to Valkyria Chronicles to VF to others).

SCV was actually successful from the sales figures they've reported even though Namco sent the game out to die. And I'm pretty sure they're working on a numbered sequel right now based on the hints they've given.

DoA5 was successful because it had superb presentation
(and also because there's an audience for their heavily sexualized female cast).

But nevertheless, DoA5 looked good. Even as an older game, DoA5 beats Tekken 7 in terms of hair texturing and is consistently good with modeling.
Christmas-Dead-Or-Alive-5-DOA-DLC-7.jpg

Dead-or-Alive-5-DLC-Costumes-6.jpg

Umm... your pic doesn't show up...

Second, the fanbase are shelling out money for costumes (the thirst are real). They better be darn good. (They are not even customizable, even different "textures" of the same costume and you have to shell some dough).

Honestly, I'm trying to put my foot in the Tekken Team's shoes, and although I still do hate many of the current decision, I feel like many of these requests here in this thread is unfair. I mean, WE WANT PERFECTION, like the game should have no bugs, perfect gameplay that's super deep but not braindead, and perfect amount of customization that will magically stop people from doing dumb LGBT rainbow puke color scheme.

I mean, guys let's be reasonable here. Please think about things and be your own devil's advocate about the things being requested.

AAK

DEATH™;185122883 said:
Honestly, I'm trying to put my foot in the Tekken Team's shoes, and although I still do hate many of the current decision, I feel like many of these requests here in this thread is unfair. I mean, WE WANT PERFECTION, like the game should have no bugs, perfect gameplay that's super deep but not braindead, and perfect amount of customization that will magically stop people from doing dumb LGBT rainbow puke color scheme.

I mean, guys let's be reasonable here. Please think about things and be your own devil's advocate about the things being requested.

We're only requesting what the Tekken team was able to accomplish with every successive Tekken game from T3 -> T4 -> T5 -> T6.

MikeMyers

Sonic games are actually still popular actually, even if they get bad reviews. VF console sales declined after the Saturn. I think it still does okay in arcades but those are dead in the West anyway.

I thought SC5 bombed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom