• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

My FT5 with Boutdown

It has commentary but not a play by play. Its a video series where I analyze myself and get myself re-acclimated with Fighting Game in general since I stopped playing seriously around March.

Any critiques and such are welcomed :). And sorry for the shit quality lol
I watched 1 minute. Learn how to BDC. That's all I have to say
Do you have any of your recent matches uploaded anywhere by any chance? I would like to see them.

sasuke_91

GrayFoxPL just sent a PM on PSN. He got banned for a week for calling Paul a retard in his post (WTF?). That's GAF bans for you!

My FT5 with Boutdown

It has commentary but not a play by play. Its a video series where I analyze myself and get myself re-acclimated with Fighting Game in general since I stopped playing seriously around March.

Any critiques and such are welcomed :). And sorry for the shit quality lol

Hearing your thoughts while you play is actually really interesting. It also gets me thinking about my own gameplay. Thanks for sharing!
ZTS is right about the BDC :p

I'm back!!! The past year I was playing less and less Tekken - been with the series since t1. It's my go to game, but since Destiny grabbed me in its grindy paws I was out. I would play from time to time, unfortunately all my gaming time was committed to bungies title.
I knew I would be back for release of T7 and would be fully committed to it. Something changed thou on Saturday morning , that long forgotten spark has been rekindled. Today I made a unexpected decision that made some people unhappy - I deleted all my destiny characters. Tekken is all that matters to me. If anyone wants to add me on psn Nuszka , I live in Northern Ireland,would consider myself as an experienced older tekken player, available usually evenings after work. Would gladly want to get a beating from fellow tk players pls :)

Netherlands here, we should be able to play. I'll add you~

AAK

Those self-criticial videos people do of their own gameplay does wonders. I remember bout doing the same thing talking over his pre-recorded matches a while back to improve his gameplay. And right now he's one of GAF's top tier players (AV is 5 tiers above :p).

GrayFoxPL just sent a PM on PSN. He got banned for a week for calling Paul a retard in his post (WTF?). That's GAF bans for you!

That's ridiculous.

Wished they tried to make a Tekken inspired animated movelist rather than try to recreate the SF4 animations. But meh, I'm much more hyped to see what gameplay changes and new animations the legitimate Tekken cast receive.

What kind of new system adjustments is everyone expecting in T7: FR?

Example questions:

1) Will the Rage Art/Power Crush system be the same as vanilla T7, or will it be tweaked? If so, how?

2) How will Akuma's EX moves be handled? Will they be just-frames? Meter-based?

It will be interesting to see what they did to the power crush system, you don't see a single one in the new trailer. Do we know if there are even EX moves? We've only seen one shoryuken that has the yellow spark, Is there a non-yellow sparked shoryuken? Maybe this is the power crush system... a return of TR style invincible moves?

I was saying the same thing, that's the only off putting thing about her.

Ha, I thought I was the only one that noticed her breasts are fucking massive.

The lewd artists out there are having a field day.

AZUMIKE

It will be interesting to see what they did to the power crush system, you don't see a single one in the new trailer. Do we know if there are even EX moves? We've only seen one shoryuken that has the yellow spark, Is there a non-yellow sparked shoryuken? Maybe this is the power crush system... a return of TR style invincible moves?

The Shoryuken and the Tatsu were both shown to have the famous EX yellow glow. Especially the shoryuken, with its invincible frames. Perhaps its another form of power crush as you stated...idk.

The question still remains though: how will the Tekken Team will implement this? How can they make Power Crush and Rage Arts more useful?

I don't expect for Rage Arts/Power Crush to get placed in some crazy meter system like SCV, but who knows they did it for Soul Calibur (sadly IMO). Meter management doesn't seem to belong in Tekken 7 IMO. Does the Power Crush/Rage Art system need something like meter to function well? I don't think so.

Dereck

I just got into a room with JustFrameJames and Runitblack, GAF, pray for me.

They got REKT and then they kicked me! LOOOOL

Dereck

I'm uploading this shit right now! Hahahaha

tok6rnQ.gif

sasuke_91

I just got into a room with JustFrameJames and Runitblack, GAF, pray for me.

They got REKT and then they kicked me! LOOOOL

Wait, you destroyed them? Dude, that's awesome!

Why is it that pros often get butthurt when they get beaten? Acting like little kids over a game...

Dereck

I kind of just hopped in the lobby while they were playing.

But if they wanted to just play each other, runitblack could have made a private room.

No worries.

I don't think he was mad, he probably just wanted to play James, which is what he was doing before I crashed the party.

Ah RunitBlack

I always seen that guy as my rival ever since he barely beat me in that online tournament. Was gonna MM @ FR in 2013 but I never got around to it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looks like they are bringing back some Tekken 6 customizations. Pretty sweet (though they'll probably be condensed into fewer parts :[ ). I'm seeing some old alts returning too, at least partially.

And speaking of all the belts on Leo's new default...

Looks like they are bringing back some Tekken 6 customizations. Pretty sweet (though they'll probably be condensed into fewer parts :[ ). I'm seeing some old alts returning too, at least partially.

And speaking of all the belts on Leo's new default...

Its basically the 2p's from TTT2.

Is Hwoarang's his Dobak or Baek's suit?

Creaking

Its basically the 2p's from TTT2.

Is Hwoarang's his Dobak or Baek's suit?

Weren't alts in TTT2 just generic customizations slapped together and sometimes given unique logos? As I recall, the Tekken 6 alts were completely absent from Tag 2.

Hwoarang seems to have Baek's suit. No sign of the Dobak at the moment.

Weren't alts in TTT2 just generic customizations slapped together and sometimes given unique logos? As I recall, the Tekken 6 alts were completely absent from Tag 2.

Hwoarang seems to have Baek's suit. No sign of the Dobak at the moment.

Nah each character in TTT2 had a unique outfit that was pretty mcuh their 2p as customs. That's what I'm referring to. Like Kaz's tux, Kuni's Taki outft, etc.

Creaking

Nah each character in TTT2 had a unique outfit that was pretty mcuh their 2p as customs. That's what I'm referring to. Like Kaz's tux, Kuni's Taki outft, etc.

Oh right, those. I thought you were talking about the costumes that were assigned to the 2p slot by default, which looked more like...

Yeah, I get what you mean now. Alts as customization options.

AAK

The fairy wings and paintball guns stab my insides... But the other T6 defaults are pretty awesome. Shaheen's new getup is in a class of its own. More character specific outfits, less generic stuff.

LowParry

The fairy wings and paintball guns stab my insides... But the other T6 defaults are pretty awesome. Shaheen's new getup is in a class of its own. More character specific outfits, less generic stuff.

Seriously. Just get rid of customs and give us old and new full costumes. Hell it works for DOA5.

Edit: omg they got Ling's Blood Vengence school outfit in.

sasuke_91

tk7_img_item_27.jpg

Heihachi killed both Kuma and King.

Some of them look pretty good (not this one). I hope they'll make their way to the console version.

sasuke_91

Rajang posted this in the other Tekken thread, but nobody's posting there anymore (it's been a while since a Tekken thread reached 1.000+ posts though).

https://youtu.be/0sfxtsnDJDg

TMM analyzing Akuma in T7. Of course there's only a few seconds of footage, but for someone like me who never played Street Fighter this is pretty interesting.

Rheon

I don't think those are full outfits but rather customization pieces you can make full outfits out of if you wish. Jin is wearing his T6 coat and his new pants in one of the screen shots, for example.

I've also seen a pic of Leo wearing the white top and her old jeans.

I don't think those are full outfits but rather customization pieces you can make full outfits out of if you wish. Jin is wearing his T6 coat and his new pants in one of the screen shots, for example.

That's exactly what they are. I think Jin has some suit pants that go with that jacket.

AAK

When we say 'default' outfits, we're talking about legitimate outfits contextually belonging to said character. Yes, they can be broken down to their upper and lower body parts, but they're still the kind of customs we always wanted like in Tekken 6. Not the generic stuff from TTT2.

Pachimari

Are there images of new Tekken 7 customizations out there? Can you provide a link or pictures?

I just know that headband is glued to Josie's head. :(

[edit]
Found the link. Thanks AAK. That Law custom is killer, while Kazuya looks weird.

I hate to spam the boards guys but I really want this idea to be in the game. Please allow me this brief moment of fan obsession.

We all want a release date. I take a little consolation in the fact that it means we might be getting even more content on console. I hope it means the game is still in development.

I would love if Tekken could get an in-game version of a character and story encyclopedia. If would be great if it was interactive and was read by the voice actors of the respective characters that talk. King, Armor King, Panda/Kuma , Roger/Alez and Dragonov could be the exceptions because they don't talk much. Like I've said before it would be nice if it could cover their story/lore contributions in each game.
Dan-620x.jpg

Something similar to Street Fighter's World Warrior Encyclopedia but better.These voice entries could be nice to earn through gameplay too.

Edit: A very cool way to do this is would be Lei Wulong's interrogation room. The characters talk about their history in each tournament as they get grilled by Lei Wulong.

See Blade's Psychotic. Imagine this with our core characters. Each scene could be very different, characters like Alisa might be comical where characters like Jin could be violent.

Rheon

When we say 'default' outfits, we're talking about legitimate outfits contextually belonging to said character. Yes, they can be broken down to their upper and lower body parts, but they're still the kind of customs we always wanted like in Tekken 6. Not the generic stuff from TTT2.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm in full support of their additions. The more high-quality T6-like customs/less low-quality TTT2-like customs the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom