• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo's outfit doesn't look so bad compared to nastiness that is Claudio and Josie "outfits." Gross.

I don't really like Lili's new outfit too. Too many frills. Looks like something from Soul Calibur.

Shun

More iDOLM@STER collaboration.
Gundam collaboration
Bring back Julia/Jaycee
Bring back Kunimitsu
Buff Asuka and Leo
Please release more Tekken merchandise like Tekken shirt, Tekken Joshibu, Tekken sanwa/hori button, and more.

Not going to happen but I will ask
If Fated Retribution sells a lot more, make Tekken Tag Tournament 3 or make a new third revision of Tekken 7 and bring back bounds.

Have Bandai Namco bring banapass support to consoles so players can use banapass data through nfc on console. Not going to happen but that makes thing very convenient.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Besides the selection choice (which seems to be improving), this is my biggest gripe with Tekken 7's customization system.

Tekken%206%20vs%207.png~original

It goes deeper than that, but I don't have an image of the Tekken 7 customization equipping screen to make a nice little image comparison.

But look at all of these categories:

The size and contents of that list varies from character to character, as opposed to the one-size fits all system we've had since Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Unless I'm mistaken/forgetting something, now all we have are head, face, torso, legs, back, left, right, and stuff like auras. They really dumbed it down.

edit: here,

Can't translate it myself, but I'm looking at 9 slots as opposed to the 18+ (there's also the hair customization which didn't fit in the picture) of the Tekken 6 image. I'm aware that not every character in Tekken 6 had 18 slots, but I'm also aware that none had as few as 9.

AAK

Well... look's like the FR trailer inspired SOMEONE to start playing Tekken again.

Rajang posted this in the other Tekken thread, but nobody's posting there anymore (it's been a while since a Tekken thread reached 1.000+ posts though).

https://youtu.be/0sfxtsnDJDg

TMM analyzing Akuma in T7. Of course there's only a few seconds of footage, but for someone like me who never played Street Fighter this is pretty interesting.

I don't think that EX shoruken is really doing anything all that new. The 1,f+2,4 string from Heihachi can be interrupted with any move that's 15 frames or less. So it's not doing anything that wasn't previously possible. Also the hitstun attributes in Tekken have been in there previously like Yoshimitsu doing CH 2 in NSS which combo's into Flash, or Bruce doing ws+1 counterhit that guarantees f+2,4, and even Hwoarang with his CH RFF b+3 leading to that huge stun.

EDIT: Although the instant move cancelling is probably something unique wheras in Tekken it usually takes place with move cancels into stances whereby you crouch-cancel back to neutral.

Sayah

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ken-7-large-scale-customization-campaign.html

The fishnets on Kazumi is hella skanky though... Reminds me of Juri's alt.

:O

These look great.

I like Kazumi's.

He stopped playing Tekken?
Isn't TTT2 his first Tekken game? lol.

Leo's outfit doesn't look so bad compared to nastiness that is Claudio and Josie "outfits." Gross.

I don't really like Lili's new outfit too. Too many frills. Looks like something from Soul Calibur.

I think Leo and Josie look pretty good. >_>

lupinko

I finished Josie's battlesuit today, I wish I had black unlocked (I have all colours but black and its set).

qMAOuzN.jpg

LAOJN0C.png

ve6SWtF.png

I can't really think of any good colour besides black for this kind of outfit.

Edit: lol that's my old pic, anyway that is really old, this is what it looks like now.

q0nUfA1.png

Pachimari

Wow I like that battle suit and the colors! I would add blue so it represents the Philippines more but that's just me heh.

I really take it the headband is glued to her. As an alternative, I really hope I can put a hat on her instead then.

lupinko

Wow I like that battle suit and the colors! I would add blue so it represents the Philippines more but that's just me heh.

I really take it the headband is glued to her. As an alternative, I really hope I can put a hat on her instead then.

Yeah I could do a full blue body suit, her default is pretty much the flag of the Philippines, it's nice to have pride and all but she could also use other threads. :D

Oh for her default hair style, the headband is indeed stuck on her. You can only "remove it' by either changing her hair style or giving her a hat or whatever.

In Tekken 7, you cannot change the hair colour of the default head. You can only play around with the colours of alternate hair styles or the various headgear or headwear.

Bakoery

Man oh man, I'm so hyped. I have been lurking this forum for months now since this is almost the only active tekken forum/ community. This game needs to come out ASAP.
Got no PS3 and my PS4 is collecting dust for 5 months now. I need my Tekken now!

AAK

He stopped playing Tekken?
Isn't TTT2 his first Tekken game? lol.

You must have missed his meltdown when the KOIF Global Tournament was announced with $80k on the line. haha.

I just noticed that green Aura on lupinko's Kat. What is everyone's opinions on those? I really wish they were toned down and more subtle.

Man oh man, I'm so hyped. I have been lurking this forum for months now since this is almost the only active tekken forum/ community. This game needs to come out ASAP.
Got no PS3 and my PS4 is collecting dust for 5 months now. I need my Tekken now!

Hey man... hope you're ready for ass long as wait! The game isn't even out on Arcades. And going by MMurray's comments after the trailer, we don't even know all the characters on release of the arcade version of FR. So long before we can get a release date on PS4, we will need a release date on Arcade. And before we get a release date on arcade, we need the location test dates announced!
somethingsomething...2017...something/something

Like Wonkey pointed out, this is probably the next time we'll see any news related to T7:FR's arcade release:

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/675989319543341057

lupinko

The auras are okay, I thought the green aura would look like stink fumes but it comes off more as Ash Crimson's green frames.

I just realized that Josie's battlesuit is basically Chun Li's Alpha 1 outfit. I'm going to change the colours to match it now. haha

AAK

The thing about the Aura's is that there's not context with them. If the Aura's were character specific then it would be alright. If Devil Jin and Kazuya were the only ones with the menacing aura emanating from them then it would make sense because they technically are part Satan. It doesn't make sense with a character like say Lili. But if Lili was to have pink petals instead emanating instead of that Dark Hadou aura, that would make more sense and complements the character. As it is right now, it's just far too busy in your face.

If they wanted a generic light source on every character... something subtle like the VF5 light bracelet or neon ring rather than some overwhelming aura completely encapsulating the character..

Rajang

Hey man... hope you're ready for ass long as wait! The game isn't even out on Arcades. And going by MMurray's comments after the trailer, we don't even know all the characters on release of the arcade version of FR. So long before we can get a release date on PS4, we will need a release date on Arcade. And before we get a release date on arcade, we need the location test dates announced!
somethingsomething...2017...something/something

Like Wonkey pointed out, this is probably the next time we'll see any news related to T7:FR's arcade release:

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/675989319543341057

I believe in Q3 2016.

Pachimari

Yeah I could do a full blue body suit, her default is pretty much the flag of the Philippines, it's nice to have pride and all but she could also use other threads. :D

Oh for her default hair style, the headband is indeed stuck on her. You can only "remove it' by either changing her hair style or giving her a hat or whatever.

In Tekken 7, you cannot change the hair colour of the default head. You can only play around with the colours of alternate hair styles or the various headgear or headwear.
So if I give her long hair, will she lose the headband? :)

If Namco does a sweet reveal trailer for every new character added from this point forward like they did with Akuma they will generate a lot of hype for this game.

AAK

Each trailer NEEDS to have new moves, character design, and animations though. If not then it'll have 0 impact and result in the usual bad press of "T7 looks the same as T6" where they'd technically be right for all intents and purposes.

But I have hope. I thought they'd never give new outfits for future Tekken's and they proved me wrong. Here's to hoping they maintain this momentum.

Never had the slightest doubt Nina was gonna be in, obviously, but the Anna confirmation... Surprise Surprise!
This should make a certain someone's day.

Pachimari

I wouldn't take their Facebook as confirmation with a comment like that. I rather think it's a community manager not knowing what he's writing.

lupinko

I'm probably going to down to Tokyo for the holidays. I wonder if I can get on kurokuro's stream to at least commentate. Lol

Okay let's spark some actually discussion in this thread about Tekken theory. I want to know in your guys' opinion what is the most important element in making a strong character in Tekken.

Let me explain because it's difficult to put into words. Like I would say "The most important element to a strong Tekken character is damaging low crushes" or "Great whiff punisher" or "a safe low" and then go on to explain why.

Dereck

Okay let's spark some actually discussion in this thread about Tekken theory. I want to know in your guys' opinion what is the most important element in making a strong character in Tekken.

Let me explain because it's difficult to put into words. Like I would say "The most important element to a strong Tekken character is damaging low crushes" or "Great whiff punisher" or "a safe low" and then go on to explain why.
Is this a trap for you to tell me how wrong I am? I feel like this is a trap for you to tell me how wrong I am.

Sayah

There's not a single attributable variable for a strong character, especially with a franchise like Tekken.

A character can have a "great whiff punisher" or "a safe low" but suck at everything else - and it wouldn't be a strong character.

All of the parts are interrelated.

Just my 2¢

AAK

The sisters message in Facebook was a fake:
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/677702020091027456?s=09

Sorry Sayah. :( But But at least there's Nina.

And there's no such thing to me as one element that makes a strong character. It also depends on skill level if they're intermediate, advanced, Korean, etc. But for the sake argument... In theory: punishment is up there, In practicality: simplicity/ease of use takes precedence.

DEATH™

Knowing that the message on Tekken FB page was still there, it's either something was still up, or someone's gonna get fired tomorrow.

But yeah... if AK isn't coming back, I don't think Anna will either. But then Anna is hot, so she might have a higher chance coming in than AK lol.

LowParry

I see no reason to not see the sisters together. But hey, maybe we'll get some DLC later with characters? I hope we see Kuni make a return.

DEATH™

I see no reason to not see the sisters together. But hey, maybe we'll get some DLC later with characters? I hope we see Kuni make a return.

That's the thing. People round here are wanting to have a 36-38 char roster. If thats the case, there will not be any space enough to add even the chars that were thought off as staples, considering there are gonna be new chars and SF chars too (and I expect them to cut some chars too!).

Thats why Im saying there is no going back to less than around T6 size roster, and I'm being generous with that. Even if they decide to put them as DLC, some peeps will complain about the roster being large again that they cant handle matchups.

Its their call. Do they want to make a roster that can at least capture as much playerbase as possible, or settle for shorter roster. And no, putting a char's move to another do not solve that problem. I do not think that AK players will suddenly pick up King. Same with Kuni players to Yoshi, and the others. But if they pick the latter, expect Tag 2 to be played more, especially when people realize that shaheen was cheap and online stinks regardless of what tekken game was it.

Roster size complaints are always about the early lifespan of the game. When interest is at its peak and new players are willing to give the game a go, you don't want to overwhelm them with 50 characters out of the gate in a game this complex. It's perfectly fine to drip feed the roster back up to a larger size over 2-3 years, giving people time to absorb the new information as they go. Like how SFV will start with 16, and probably by the end of the gen will have 30+. After that period of time you're less worried about new player appeal and more about retention.

Not that I expect Namco to even do extensive character DLC. I fully expect whatever the roster is when T7FR is shipped to consoles is what it will remain.

Pachimari

The sisters message in Facebook was a fake:
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/677702020091027456?s=09

Sorry Sayah. :( But But at least there's Nina.

And there's no such thing to me as one element that makes a strong character. It also depends on skill level if they're intermediate, advanced, Korean, etc. But for the sake argument... In theory: punishment is up there, In practicality: simplicity/ease of use takes precedence.
Yeah, I had that suspicious feeling from the start. It didn't seem right.

DEATH™

Roster size complaints are always about the early lifespan of the game. When interest is at its peak and new players are willing to give the game a go, you don't want to overwhelm them with 50 characters out of the gate in a game this complex. It's perfectly fine to drip feed the roster back up to a larger size over 2-3 years, giving people time to absorb the new information as they go. Like how SFV will start with 16, and probably by the end of the gen will have 30+. After that period of time you're less worried about new player appeal and more about retention.

Not that I expect Namco to even do extensive character DLC. I fully expect whatever the roster is when T7FR is shipped to consoles is what it will remain.

Thats the thing though. If the Tekken Team actually considers supporting the game much longer, they can get char DLCs fine, and we can even go to Tag 2 numbers if we want. But they tend to ditch support after console release. But if we are stuck with a 32 char roster as rumored, many will lose their mains. PEOPLE WILL QUIT. This arent SF where most scrubs/casuals only play Shotos/ST chars. In fact, the Akuma addition will even backfire if this is the case. I mean, No Eddy? Good Luck!

Save your money guys. The Force Awakens is kinda booty. Unless you are a super hardcore Star Wars fan wait for DVD.

Also you guys are hella wack for not even trying to have a Tekken theory discussion. And no boutdown it wasn't a trap. I wanted to know what you guys value most in your assesment of how strong a character is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom