• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Also you guys are hella wack for not even trying to have a Tekken theory discussion. And no boutdown it wasn't a trap. I wanted to know what you guys value most in your assesment of how strong a character is.

You know, I'm gonna change my answer to one thing: how fun you find a specific character to play. Why? Because the more you enjoy a specific character the more time you're willing to spend trying to master that character incrementing how strong that character will be in your hands.

I know it's not the answer you wanted but it's not a question you can give a single answer for. No one tool takes precedence over the other. They are all equally important to win so hence they are all "valued".

If you wanted to ask a question to gauge the preferences of players on GAF, maybe you could have asked something like "Name your 10-15 favourite moves of the character you play." And from our answers you could classify each of those moves to whatever tool-set/element they belong under.

Save your money guys. The Force Awakens is kinda booty. Unless you are a super hardcore Star Wars fan wait for DVD.

Also you guys are hella wack for not even trying to have a Tekken theory discussion. And no boutdown it wasn't a trap. I wanted to know what you guys value most in your assesment of how strong a character is.

Really?

I am actually thinking about getting into a screening, but having not watched the original trilogy, I am likely to be lost. Is it at least entertaining enough even without that knowledge?

AAK

Really?

I am actually thinking about getting into a screening, but having not watched the original trilogy, I am likely to be lost. Is it at least entertaining enough even without that knowledge?

Right before my last final today I saw some people talking about it. They loved it and said it felt a lot like a reboot with a bunch of homages for longtime fans. I personally have too many games to play to watch Star Wars right now but I'll eventually get to it :)

Pachimari

I have seen it twice already, and it's not only the best movie of the year to me, it's also the second best Star Wars. And I'm not even a Star Wars fan per se. Go watch it and enjoy yourself.

It's not good at all. Story is bad, characters are shallow, no drama, predictable, & it's just a remake of an old film but worse in every way. So much shit makes no sense. The film feels hollow, emotionless, a shell.

I'm telling you don't waste your money.

Dereck

Star_Wars_Funny_gif__0357.GIF

Sayah

Since we're at 10k posts, any ideas for a title change?

The sisters message in Facebook was a fake:
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/677702020091027456?s=09

Sorry Sayah. :( But But at least there's Nina.

And there's no such thing to me as one element that makes a strong character. It also depends on skill level if they're intermediate, advanced, Korean, etc. But for the sake argument... In theory: punishment is up there, In practicality: simplicity/ease of use takes precedence.

Nice try Harader.
I refuse to believe that.

Sayah

Nvm. Watched more of ATP and Aris is saying they're hinting at a late console release.

DAAAAMMMMMNNN

Want Tekken 7 at home so bad.
Can't they replicate the arcade model on PCs/PS4s or something? I'll totally give out my paypal info. to be charged for every match. lol.

Nvm. Watched more of ATP and Aris is saying they're hinting at a late console release.

DAAAAMMMMMNNN

Can't they replicate the arcade model on PCs/PS4s or something? I'll totally give out my paypal info. to be charged for every match. lol.

NOOOOO.

My earlier question wasn't really answered, but I'll consider an early morning screening and hope the pack is a little thinner. Thanks guys.

NOOOOO.

My earlier question wasn't really answered, but I'll consider an early morning screening and hope the pack is a little thinner. Thanks guys.

To answer your question yes but no. The film is full of nods to the past films & it expects you to already be attatched to chatacters. However if you aren't familure with the original 3 films the reused scenerios might seem fresh to you.

Dereck

I'm about to go watch the new Star Wars.

I'm gonna tell the people in the theater what ZTS thinks about the movie, and see if they agree. I'll record them with my phone.

I'll post a video of it in a few hours.

I'm about to go watch the new Star Wars.

I'm gonna tell the people in the theater what ZTS thinks about the movie, and see if they agree. I'll record them with my phone.

I'll post a video of it in a few hours.

I'm flattered that you would waste your time making such a video. Didn't know you cared so much.

sasuke_91

You know, I'm gonna change my answer to one thing: how fun you find a specific character to play. Why? Because the more you enjoy a specific character the more time you're willing to spend trying to master that character incrementing how strong that character will be in your hands.

I chose all of my characters depending on how fun they look.
Steve is up there. Just look at him, how does he not look fun?
Xiaoyu is also a really fun character. She's hard to play around with but landing a hit with her is way more satisfying than with any other character.
It's pretty much the same for all my characters. Except for Jin maybe, because he's more of a "traditional" Tekken character. It's also the reason why I haven't invested so much time into playing the Mishimas. Other characters are just way more fun.

Tekken Tag 2 OT3 "We don't have Akuma but we've got a Kuma"

Why not make it a little simpler?
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 OT2 "The game with A Kuma in it"
Or something like that?

I chose all of my characters depending on how fun they look.
Steve is up there. Just look at him, how does he not look fun?
Xiaoyu is also a really fun character. She's hard to play around with but landing a hit with her is way more satisfying than with any other character.
It's pretty much the same for all my characters. Except for Jin maybe, because he's more of a "traditional" Tekken character. It's also the reason why I haven't invested so much time into playing the Mishimas. Other characters are just way more fun.

Why not make it a little simpler?
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 OT2 "The game with A Kuma in it"
Or something like that?

I rike it.

sasuke_91

Anyone who wants to play some Tekken?

I rike it.
Thanks. Some other ideas:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| We have pretty girls now
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| A Kuma left. He's Gon now
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| It's actually Street Fighter
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| No Retribution for us

Can't think of anything better right now xD

Anyone who wants to play some Tekken?

Thanks. Some other ideas:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| We have pretty girls now
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| A Kuma left. He's Gon now
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| It's actually Street Fighter
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| No Retribution for us

Can't think of anything better right now xD

I like this one.

Rajang

DAAAAMMMMMNNN

Late console release, Q3 2016..

I cri if its 2017.

DAAAAMMMMMNNN

I am open to a Tekken 7 Revolution. People cringed when the first one came out, but now that companies are charging $100 DLC on the regular, so an arcade style game could very well be just as welcomed. Honestly, hearing Aris talk about how online has revitalized arcade Tekken in Japan. Tekken 7 console will hurt arcades far more than previous Tekken games. A Tekken 7 Revolution is the only way I see us getting a console release before PlayStation 5. But then again, the updated graphics could be a precursor to being a launch title for PlayStation 5. I really hope the exciting news for Tekken 7 in 2016 isn't more events that MarkMan will bring the cabinet. Some of us can't justify the trips right now. I'd happily pay $1000 to play Tekken 7 Revolution, not so much that amount to get a chance to play Tekken 7 a couple games.

AAK

You guys are THE WORST with OT names!!!

I remember Degen and Death wanted Snoop Dogg, and then everyone voted for the Lucky Chloe on OT2, and for OT3 you want a pun involving one of the most boring/generic 2D characters and unquestionably the worst animated Tekken character!
This is a conspiracy to spite me

I remember Degen and Death wanted Snoop Dogg, and then everyone voted for the Lucky Chloe on OT2, and for OT3 you want a pun involving one of the most boring/generic 2D characters and unquestionably the worst animated Tekken character!

TTT2 OT | Can't Spell AAK Without A Kuma

AZUMIKE

I'm voting the new OT has "Akuma" somewhere in it lol

Sayah

LOL
Confirmed: AAK got trolled by Gon during Tekken 3.

I'm sure GrayFox will have good ideas for titles once his ban is over.

I'd rather have a title about single manly tears being shed or 20 years of family volcano throwing traditions coming to an end..........or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom