• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

I guess Tekken-net ranking doesn't matter that much at the end of the day.

zfW4HhC.png

I can read a little Japanese, but I have no idea what you want to tell us.

Doing a rage art as a counter attack in that situation was pretty risky :p

I've been playing alot of T7 in japan. Been getting destroyed alot, hehe. It looks so damn good in person. Waiting for the home release is gonna hurt even more now.

I agree. I'm not sure what ZeroTheShadow's issues were, but I thought it was great. Not a super big Star Wars fan either; not to say that I ever disliked the series, just kinda viewed it from afar most of the time.

I actually can see people being more critical of the movie as time goes on. But the nostalgia is crazy strong when you're in the theater.

AAK

I just saw the movie myself. I thought it was really enjoyable personally, but I can see why ZTS didn't like it. They retconned the lore to hell and back. If someone was invested in the expanded universe of Star Wars, then its completely understandable to see why they'd be pissed.

Kinda like how Akuma is now breaking the Tekken lore!

It has nothing to do with reticons it's just a mediocre film made worse by the fact that it's just a remake of another Star Wars film only worse. Performances fall flat, characters are under developed. Also plot holes & stupid stuff galore.
Space Map...

Not the biggest fan of Star Wars just an average fan except for Emipre which is absolutely amazing.

AAK

I can't tell you how pissed I was when I saw these two bosses appear in the film:

yayanruhian-ikouwais-thumb-300xauto-51649.jpg

And then THEY DID NOTHING.... they were literally extra's. What a failed opportunity...

They should be 2 of the Knights of Ren. Those are easy roles to take advantage of their skills. Light Saber Tonfa's, let's do this Disney.

Thought it was good and the stuff it did redo it did better than the OG movies anyways. On par with Empire imo.

But anyways here's the second episode to my analysis series, this focuses on SF so its understandable you may not want to watch it but it goes into me learning the game and picking apart the system in my own way.

I can't tell you how pissed I was when I saw these two bosses appear in the film:

And then THEY DID NOTHING.... they were literally extra's. What a failed opportunity...

They should be 2 of the Knights of Ren. Those are easy roles to take advantage of their skills. Light Saber Tonfa's, let's do this Disney.

Honestly, I was so pleasantly surprised to see them. For the 1 minute they were there, I thought the movie was going to be something incredible.

Cue my unpleasant disappointment when they didn't do anything.

I was really hype for Gwendoline Christie as well, also regulated to extra
(didn't even see her face) :(.
Lupita Nyong'o was also in the movie too and we only saw her for a second.

Worst part of the movie for sure was the villains, not surprised at all that the low tier Jedi easily recked the shittiest of shit tier Sith.

I don't know the extended universe but I do hope they get used more.

Doomshine

I haven't seen the movie but retcons shouldn't come as a surprise considering they nuked pretty much all the expanded universe stuff a while ago.

GrayFoxPL

Similar how I was pissed off when they killed off Donnie Yen in Blade 2 after 3 minutes. Donnie Yen!
I don't know why Asian action stars agree to this bullshit.

Ggs Sasuke. I used older pad where it's easier for me to move but df direction is messed up and ends up as 'down' half the time so half of the juggles are dropped. Irritating.

AAK

I'm dying haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a03YZnKhCZA

Honestly, I was so pleasantly surprised to see them. For the 1 minute they were there, I thought the movie was going to be something incredible.

Cue my unpleasant disappointment when they didn't do anything.

I was really hype for Gwendoline Christie as well, also regulated to extra
(didn't even see her face) :(.
Lupita Nyong'o was also in the movie too and we only saw her for a second.

Worst part of the movie for sure was the villains, not surprised at all that the low tier Jedi easily recked the shittiest of shit tier Sith.

I don't know the extended universe but I do hope they get used more.

Wow that female storm trooper was the GoT knight? So much for that all star cast. Her outfit kinda reminded me of Boba Fett, maybe she'll have a much bigger role in the next film.

Kylo was actually pretty damn buff in the beginning of the film stopping the blaster fire with the force and all... but Rey was just way too OP. She just magically figured out how to mind control people with 0 training. That was Bleach levels of random power ups.
I haven't seen the movie but retcons shouldn't come as a surprise considering they nuked pretty much all the expanded universe stuff a while ago.

I knew it was gonna be changed but not to this extent... in the Expanded universe, it pans out NOTHING like episode 7. I was expecting some loose connections, but it's just as you said: straight up nuked.

Spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet:
In the Star Wars expanded universe, Luke Skywalker actually named his son Ben (who's actually Han Solo's son in the movie) and it's named after Obi-Wan. In the expanded universe, Solo/Leia actually have twins in the expanded universe: Jaina and Jacen Solo where Jaina becomes a Jedi while Jacen becomes a Sith (at least that's consistent)

It makes no fucking sense that Han and Leia's kid is named Ben. Leia never met Obi Wan and Han knew him for all of a half a day where they constantly argued and never really liked each other.

AAK

^^
About that... in the expanded universe, Han Solo and Leia's third child is actually named Anakin Solo :p

I don't think personally meeting someone is a pre-requesite to name your kid after them. It's the same principle with people naming their kids Muhammad. Muhammad is the most common name in the world and it's named after Muhammad Ibn'Abdullah from the 7th century. That doesn't mean the parents who name their kids that have met Muhammad.The same way Obi-Wan is venerated enough in the Star Wars Universe for people to name their kids after him.

Back to the Tekken at hand. Where are your pants, Xiaoyu? Edit: Oh and yeah that unblockable reversal is definitely different. The sword reversals that I think Nina has against Yoshi are also a nice touch.

^^
About that... in the expanded universe, Han Solo and Leia's third child is actually named Anakin Solo :p

I don't think personally meeting someone is a pre-requesite to name your kid after them. It's the same principle with people naming their kids Muhammad. Muhammad is the most common name in the world and it's named after Muhammad Ibn'Abdullah from the 7th century. That doesn't mean the parents who name their kids that have met Muhammad.The same way Obi-Wan is venerated enough in the Star Wars Universe for people to name their kids after him.
Nobody knows who Ben Kenobi is. Obi Wan yes but not Ben. Only person through out the entire series that calls him Ben is Luke. It makes sense for Luke's kid, not Hans'

sasuke_91

So many black bars :p

Ggs Sasuke. I used older pad where it's easier for me to move but df direction is messed up and ends up as 'down' half the time so half of the juggles are dropped. Irritating.

Yo, good games! I really have to work on my motivation though. A friend of mine lent me his PS4 and I play a lot of Bloodborne at the moment (such a great game!). I kind of feel bored whenever I start playing Tekken now. I don't feel like I'm making any progress and Paul frustrates the hell out of me :/
But that's probably just a temporary thing.

Arsenalty makes some really funny videos and he's a very good player.

GrayFoxPL

So many black bars :p

Yo, good games! I really have to work on my motivation though. A friend of mine lent me his PS4 and I play a lot of Bloodborne at the moment (such a great game!). I kind of feel bored whenever I start playing Tekken now. I don't feel like I'm making any progress and Paul frustrates the hell out of me :/
But that's probably just a temporary thing.

Arsenalty makes some really funny videos and he's a very good player.

Bloodborne huh? I must get back to it someday. I just put it down after beating couple bosses. No reason. It would be a lot better if I could control Paul in this game! Deathfisting Warewolves and shit!

Great game though. Imagine Tekken Souls.

You can give tag2 a rest, easy.

sasuke_91

Bloodborne huh? I must get back to it someday. I just put it down after beating couple bosses. No reason. It would be a lot better if I could control Paul in this game! Deathfisting Warewolves and shit!

Great game though. Imagine Tekken Souls.

You can give tag2 a rest, easy.

The game felt frustrating at the beginning, but is really fun once you get past that.
I also play Driveclub now and then with my own account (being able to log in as a guest is a brillant idea). Fun game, it feels really good.

I might play Tekken 6 now and then, but with the poor netcode, Online might be not very fun. I'm just a little tired of TTT2 (although I started playing 1 year after all of you).
It's funny, because now that I'm more hyped for T7, TTT2 gets more and more boring. Ever since that FR trailer came out my enjoyment for TTT2 is at an all-time low although it's probably the better game...

Edit: Deleted, had a moment of Tekken butthurt. Umm... whats up guys. :)

Edit2: So, it wasn't so bad? Okay... here is basically what I said, because just leaving it at regional discrimination makes me sound super butthurt.

I am well aware that Tekken is made better for the global market going through the regional discrimination known as arcades. However, some laughs are lost as this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9MR2UxZTME - is made to be so rare after decades of ironing Tekken out in the arcades.

Sayah

"Regional Discrimination"

LMAO

Strong contender for new thread title

Edit: aw you edited the post.
Edit 2: seriously can the thread title be changed to "regionally discriminated majority."

GrayFoxPL

The game felt frustrating at the beginning, but is really fun once you get past that.
I also play Driveclub now and then with my own account (being able to log in as a guest is a brillant idea). Fun game, it feels really good.

I might play Tekken 6 now and then, but with the poor netcode, Online might be not very fun. I'm just a little tired of TTT2 (although I started playing 1 year after all of you).
It's funny, because now that I'm more hyped for T7, TTT2 gets more and more boring. Ever since that FR trailer came out my enjoyment for TTT2 is at an all-time low although it's probably the better game...

T6 is awful online right now if you don't play with someone you know.
Just a crowd of ragequitters and lagswitchers that have no idea how to play the game.

If I had someone to play, I'd do it. Other then that, nah.

Funny thing I just remembered. I met a girl in T6, good lili, decent connection, beat me, and she seemed wanting to play. Ok, friended her. Some time later I see her online. "Wanna play?" "Yeah." So I make a room, invite. Waiting, waiting. Nobody comes. I'm sending msg if she's playing or not.
Nothing. Like half an hour later she sends me answer: "Sorry, but I promised someone else to play." I was like laughing inside because this was a tekken session not a date.
I'm not going to court you girl, I wanna beat you up, lol. I told her not to say "yeah" when she doesn't want to play, and don't waste my time, I'm waiting like a moron in an online lobby. Gah some people. This could've been true lo.. I mean good runback.

If you are bored of Tag2 switch to totally different characters and play for fun. You'd be surprised how fun eg. JayCee or Kings may be.

I'm putting all my hopes in T7:FR bringing in freshness and bunch of new moves and tech. They hit it right with graphics and artstyle in FR, but that's all we know right now. Plus Akuma.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I just saw the movie myself. I thought it was really enjoyable personally, but I can see why ZTS didn't like it. They retconned the lore to hell and back. If someone was invested in the expanded universe of Star Wars, then its completely understandable to see why they'd be pissed.

Kinda like how Akuma is now breaking the Tekken lore!

The first thing Disney did when taking over Star Wars was declaring all the extended universe stuff non-canon.

Which was smart, because like 99% of it was utter garbage.

Gambit61

WOW, I fogot they were somewhat involved with the movie. Glad to know not to get hyped now when I eventually see TFA.

You're in Japan? Nice.

Yeah, they took away my arcade version from D&B and now it's going to be a painful wait for console release.

lol

Yea. On vacation.

Leasure World has this sign that says 1 hour freeplay for 1000 yen. But i couldn't read the fine print on the details, lol. Might go back this weekend.

sasuke_91

T6 is awful online right now if you don't play with someone you know.
Just a crowd of ragequitters and lagswitchers that have no idea how to play the game.

If I had someone to play, I'd do it. Other then that, nah.

Funny thing I just remembered. I met a girl in T6, good lili, decent connection, beat me, and she seemed wanting to play. Ok, friended her. Some time later I see her online. "Wanna play?" "Yeah." So I make a room, invite. Waiting, waiting. Nobody comes. I'm sending msg if she's playing or not.
Nothing. Like half an hour later she sends me answer: "Sorry, but I promised someone else to play." I was like laughing inside because this was a tekken session not a date.
I'm not going to court you girl, I wanna beat you up, lol. I told her not to say "yeah" when she doesn't want to play, and don't waste my time, I'm waiting like a moron in an online lobby. Gah some people. This could've been true lo.. I mean good runback.

If you are bored of Tag2 switch to totally different characters and play for fun. You'd be surprised how fun eg. JayCee or Kings may be.

I'm putting all my hopes in T7:FR bringing in freshness and bunch of new moves and tech. They hit it right with graphics and artstyle in FR, but that's all we know right now. Plus Akuma.

Great love story. You should write a book about it :p
Maybe I should concentrate on Feng/Drag for now. Maybe I'll find my motivation again.

That recap is really good.

Sayah

AAK, pick a title from the many given and have Shouta change it for us.

Seems like some people in that thread don't even know who Kazuya is, lol.

If I made a thread for most badass female character in video games, it would be Nina Williams no contest. But of course, people are gonna pick stuff like lara croft and bayonetta.

Edit: It's a shame Death by Degrees turned out the way it did. Would have loved to see it continue as a standalone series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom