• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

These are the things I found:

Tekken Tag 2 OT3 "We don't have Akuma but we've got a Kuma"

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 OT2 "The game with A Kuma in it"
Or something like that?

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| We have pretty girls now
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| A Kuma left. He's Gon now
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| It's actually Street Fighter
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| No Retribution for us

Can't think of anything better right now xD

Tekken | OT | A Kuma left. He's Gon now.

TTT2 OT | Can't Spell AAK Without A Kuma

^^^
I missed this... Well done Famicom ^_^

Tekken Tag 2 OT3: Like FGCWeekly but with jobs & cool.

Hmmm nah..

Tekken Community OT: An FGCWeekly Inside joke since 2013

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT3| Akuma Matata. It means no Williams.

Any others people want? I know Sayah remarked on something NinthPixel proposed but he edited his post.

Sayah

Ninthpixel actually hadn't posted any title. His post just made me lol real hard because he was mentioning how there is "regional discrimination" as a result of arcades.

I thought it would be a good title.

Something like TTT2 |OT2| Regionally persecuted since 1994

I also like Degen's.....even though it says no williams. haha.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I get the feeling the Williams one will stop being relevant pretty early on next year. Or whenever they start revealing characters again.

Rajang

AAK, pick a title from the many given and have Shouta change it for us.

Seems like some people in that thread don't even know who Kazuya is, lol.

If I made a thread for most badass female character in video games, it would be Nina Williams no contest. But of course, people are gonna pick stuff like lara croft and bayonetta.

Edit: It's a shame Death by Degrees turned out the way it did. Would have loved to see it continue as a standalone series.

Yeah, it's sad.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT3| Akuma Matata. It means no Williams.

I vote for this one, lol.

I will be shocked if a Williams is not one of the first Tekken 7 season 2 character reveals, so that topic title about Williams feels like it will be made strange very early. Being regionally discriminated speaks to the heart of the matter, and such is certainly making waves around the web.

Recent press about Tekken has slowly been littered with negative comments about the arcade model and Tekken X Street Fighter. It is becoming almost as if Tekken wants to be Duke Nukem Forever in the eyes of the majority that made it successful.

Harada likes to toot his own horn about how much Tekken has sold. Yet, I still have people come into the arcade believing that Tekken 5 DR is the latest Tekken. They have played DR so much they look at me strange when I speak to them about newer Tekken's. We are the land of misfit toys that Harada Claus has forgotten. If only he would bring the joy of Tekken to us and remind those who've gone astray that there's a new Tekken in town.

My heart sorrows to the reality. That perhaps one must see Harada without his glasses to experience the fullness of Tekken. Only the East and a select special few can still withstand his gaze. The filtering process to harness it all for the world to play is becoming a lengthy task indeed.

Merry Christmas Tekken Gaf. It is a blessed holiday with all it's wonder. I bought 40+ Steam games, and although they are sure to be fun, the Tekken sized hole in my heart feels as empty as ever. Take care

lupinko

I went to Tokyo Leisureland Akiba just a couple of hours ago, more people playing, Kurokuro wasn't streaming though.

I went 2-3.

GrayFoxPL

You guys decide if this gonna be Tag2 OT or general Tekken thread.
Those subtitles with Akuma or Williams/Kuma gone just make no sense regarding Tag2.
The current one with Lucky Chloe makes no sense too but I was against it from the beginning.

I'm not sure if baiting Street Fighter players is such a good idea anyway. Generally speaking. You feel what's coming, right? Slaughter of the lambs.
Even Akuma in T7 won't help those Tekken virgins against our old ass T5/6 setups and tricks. Retreat will be swift.

Btw. I'm not sure if Akuma in T7 won't have negative effect on TxSF. Street Fighter players are excited now about T7:FR but will they still be after getting mauled by Tekken crowd?

Unless Akuma is T4 Jin tier...

Sayah

Let this be a Tekken OT in general, and not just Tekken Tag 2 in the title.

We had a general Tekken thread before but it died after TTT2 released.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443772&page=136

You guys decide if this gonna be Tag2 OT or general Tekken thread.
Those subtitles with Akuma or Williams/Kuma gone just make no sense regarding Tag2.
The current one with Lucky Chloe makes no sense too but I was against it from the beginning.

I'm not sure if baiting Street Fighter players is such a good idea anyway. Generally speaking. You feel what's coming, right? Slaughter of the lambs.
Even Akuma in T7 won't help those Tekken virgins against our old ass T5/6 setups and tricks. Retreat will be swift.

Btw. I'm not sure if Akuma in T7 won't have negative effect on TxSF. Street Fighter players are excited now about T7:FR but will they still be after getting mauled by Tekken crowd?

Mostly anyone can like and get good at Tekken. It just requires some time and investment.

Too much for many. I'm just saying. Players like Mike Ross, Maximilian, Justin Wong tried Tekken and dropped it probably realizing all the stuff they'd need to learn.

Mike Ross was a casual Tekken fan back in the T3 days. Only played the minigames though. I think he gave T6 a small shot, but when someone explained to him the amount of stuff needed to learn to play competitively, he bailed out. Mike is a fan of SF because it offers depth in simplicity. It's not a surprise that when SF4 became very tech heavy his results began to suffer. Tekken isn't really going to suit him.
He also has a job as a personality now, no longer a competitor.

Max was a Tekken fan in the T3 days, but he played the game all the way through T5. Didn't like T6 because of the bound system, especially didn't like TTT2 for the same reason. He'll play T7, but who knows for how long. At the very least he'll give some big time exposure to it.

Justin was a competitor back in T5, even won tournaments. He has admitted though that 3D games aren't his strength, and he tends rely solely on backdashing/spacing and whiff punishment opposed to sidestepping and efficient movement. Justin is a footsies god, but the Tekken monsters that have stuck with the franchise over the years won't let this level of play slide. If he can't see results in the initial couple months he's not going to stick around.

I expect most of the SF/2D scene to play out like this. Back when these guys used to play and compete in Tekken, it was considered to be "the dark ages". There were no new Capcom games, so they got their fill from stuff like Tekken and Guilty Gear. GG came back in full force with a beautiful game and they didn't go back to that, no reason to believe they'd stick with Tekken no matter how good T7FR is. But giving it a try and having a positive opinion of it is still a good thing. Other new players will come from this; no need to beg and wish for these guys to stick around if they don't want to. SFV competitors especially will need to make a full commitment to that game if they really want to have a chance to earn the money.

Tekken 7 doesn't need any Top SF players to start playing it. We have our own legacy of top players. All Tekken 7 needs to do is bring in more scrubs and help them stay around.

The scene will grow if the established community puts in an effort to keep the game in the public eye. Xrd has come a long way in a year because so much of thr anime community had the game's back. That's what Tekken needs.

Real talk though. 100% as real as it gets. What Tekken needs more than anything for solid growth...is good East Coast Commentators. This is a HUUUUUUGE problem when it comes to the watchability of the game.

East Coast doesn't have a single stand out commentary duo. The best EC Tekken commentator is Spooky by 1000 miles. He is too busy streaming at majors to do commentary though. What we end up getting is just this terrible revolving door of bad commentators. People wanting the commentary spot for their ego & none actually caring about doing a good job commentating, bringing entertainment & understanding to the viewers.

This needs to get fixed before Tekken 7's release on console. East Coast needs to find it's RIP & Aris.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
How about this then?
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| A Kuma is Gon, but Williams will come Beak

I doubt that Kuma won't make the cut. Folks tend to forget that he's been in every game, including Revolution (even Yoshimitsu never got added there) and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Plus, if we get too wordy with inside joke puns, folks might start subconsciously hating us.

AAK

I'm leaning more towards the "Tekken |OT| Regional Persecution" myself.. 1. I think Akuma is generic 2D trash :p 2. the OT will be irrelevant once [insert-character-in-OT-title] eventually gets announced.

This needs to get fixed before Tekken 7's release on console. East Coast needs to find it's RIP & Aris.

You might not like what I have to say, but when Bloodhawk is paired with someone good, he does a pretty good job. 2013 Final Round pool play commentary with Bloodhawk and Rip was damn good.

And I think Slips and Shin when commentating together > Aris & Rip. Too bad they're done with Tekken.

Turkeasy is another. He's a brilliant hype-man on the mic.. on the level of Eddy Pistons IMO.

But aside form that, I don't believe for a second stream viewing does much at all for solid growth. Out of the millions of sales the big fighting games like MK, SF, and Tekken get, less than a percent go and watch these streams. If you want growth you need to maximize on all the regular COD Joe's and eventually a few of them will become so passionate and join the scene. If you want to get all of their attention, all that matters is the content of your game. And once you do get that content displaying it to the world. FR is finally getting the content like new art and new animations(hopefully) that will break into the new crowd and get them interested. Commentary might impact the couple thousand that watch tournament streams, making new content and showcasing that spreads to millions all over the world passionate about videogames. The game speaks for itself, million times more so than what Aris/Rip/whoever can.

Real talk though. 100% as real as it gets. What Tekken needs more than anything for solid growth...is good East Coast Commentators. This is a HUUUUUUGE problem when it comes to the watchability of the game.

East Coast doesn't have a single stand out commentary duo. The best EC Tekken commentator is Spooky by 1000 miles. He is too busy streaming at majors to do commentary though. What we end up getting is just this terrible revolving door of bad commentators. People wanting the commentary spot for their ego & none actually caring about doing a good job commentating, bringing entertainment & understanding to the viewers.

I am definitely practicing to help fill this position. A year of running online tournaments doing solo commentary isn't a seal of any quality, but I am failing faster to not be terrible if I am ever considered for a major to commentate.

Rajang

I'm leaning more towards the "Tekken |OT| Regional Persecution" myself.. 1. I think Akuma is generic 2D trash :p 2. the OT will be irrelevant once [insert-character-in-OT-title] eventually gets announced.

1372672232120.png

What about Bloodhawk? I'd raise my hand or whatever but ya know....No one knows me...yet...

sasuke_91

Nah people will play the game for fun and our T5/6 strats (not mine, I'm a TTT2 player :p) won't hinder their enjoyment. Akuma will help the game feel fresh and it will automatically attract people and SF fans in particular. Not pros, mind you, but the casual Street Fighter player who's goal is not to be high level in either of the games.

I doubt that Kuma won't make the cut. Folks tend to forget that he's been in every game, including Revolution (even Yoshimitsu never got added there) and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Plus, if we get too wordy with inside joke puns, folks might start subconsciously hating us.

You're right. Scratch those ideas. I really like Gon and Beak puns, that's all :p

There's gonna be slaughter of the lambs in the new SF game because its so footsie based. Like I just started learning SF in general and I noticed that difference between SF4 and SFV. Honestly FGs in general aren't that inviting at a competitive level so for those that want to learn we have to be inviting.

Nothing wrong with Pandering to SF players and Tekken is probably doing its best beyond pairing down movelists to be more concise so we just have to do our job. If they leave they leave. For those that really want to learn, we be welcoming and teach.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT3| Yoshimitsu is a Crossdresser (Sorry, Anna)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT3| Bruce Jinner, Sausage Dinner (The Leo Version)

Sayah

But aside form that, I don't believe for a second stream viewing does much at all for solid growth. Out of the millions of sales the big fighting games like MK, SF, and Tekken get, less than a percent go and watch these streams. If you want growth you need to maximize on all the regular COD Joe's and eventually a few of them will become so passionate and join the scene. If you want to get all of their attention, all that matters is the content of your game. And once you do get that content displaying it to the world. FR is finally getting the content like new art and new animations(hopefully) that will break into the new crowd and get them interested. Commentary might impact the couple thousand that watch tournament streams, making new content and showcasing that spreads to millions all over the world passionate about videogames. The game speaks for itself, million times more so than what Aris/Rip/whoever can.

Agreed!!!!

That next gen fur technology.

You might not like what I have to say, but when Bloodhawk is paired with someone good, he does a pretty good job. 2013 Final Round pool play commentary with Bloodhawk and Rip was damn good.

And I think Slips and Shin when commentating together > Aris & Rip. Too bad they're done with Tekken.

Turkeasy is another. He's a brilliant hype-man on the mic.. on the level of Eddy Pistons IMO.

I vote for Tekken |OT| Regional Persecution

As far as streams, commentary in general towards the growth of the FGC. The Daigo Moment is what got me into fighting games competitively in the first place. I have forgotten how I stumbled upon the video in the time before Youtube, but it is what got me where I am today. I think the match itself without the energy of commentary and crowd reaction would not have had that much impact on me.

Being here before Street Fighter IV really blew up also gives me insight. I almost believe without Twitch, Street Fighter IV would have fizzled out. I remember so many videos those first years with 2D veterans hating hard on the game. If the game was left to itself, I doubt it would have been looked upon today as something that revived the FGC.

As entertaining as Aris, Rip, and almost the entire Tekken community are. The Capcommunity really packaged SFIV well for the masses. It really became "E-Sports" in a hurry. While Tekken had entertainment, RIP and Aris made me facepalm so much by how much they hammered the difficulty of Tekken.

For every two steps they took to make such awesome tutorials and commentary for Tekken, they took two steps back reminding everyone for the 100th time how hard Tekken was to get into. When really, I see people hit the Tekken 5 DR machine all day long at the arcade and are just content to pick Lili or whoever and mash out a fun time.

I really hope that turns around for Tekken 7 and tutorials focus around the things people can understand. You DON'T HAVE to know how to backdash cancel to enjoy Tekken. Heck, my best friend and Tekken teacher who is now my training partner has never backdash canceled in his life. We can only hope the Akuma hype train is still moving when console release comes out to introduce people to Tekken 7. Not leaving the game on the shelf and expecting it to rise on it's merits alone. In this social day and age, the people's excitement towards a game means more than the game itself.

Sayah

As far as streams, commentary in general towards the growth of the FGC. The Daigo Moment is what got me into fighting games competitively in the first place. I have forgotten how I stumbled upon the video in the time before Youtube, but it is what got me where I am today. I think the match itself without the energy of commentary and crowd reaction would not have had that much impact on me.

Being here before Street Fighter IV really blew up also gives me insight. I almost believe without Twitch, Street Fighter IV would have fizzled out. I remember so many videos those first years with 2D veterans hating hard on the game. If the game was left to itself, I doubt it would have been looked upon today as something that revived the FGC.

As entertaining as Aris, Rip, and almost the entire Tekken community are. The Capcommunity really packaged SFIV well for the masses. It really became "E-Sports" in a hurry. While Tekken had entertainment, RIP and Aris made me facepalm so much by how much they hammered the difficulty of Tekken.

For every two steps they took to make such awesome tutorials and commentary for Tekken, they took two steps back reminding everyone for the 100th time how hard Tekken was to get into. When really, I see people hit the Tekken 5 DR machine all day long at the arcade and are just content to pick Lili or whoever and mash out a fun time.

I really hope that turns around for Tekken 7 and tutorials focus around the things people can understand. You DON'T HAVE to know how to backdash cancel to enjoy Tekken. Heck, my best friend and Tekken teacher who is now my training partner has never backdash canceled in his life. We can only hope the Akuma hype train is still moving when console release comes out to introduce people to Tekken 7. Not leaving the game on the shelf and expecting it to rise on it's merits alone. In this social day and age, the people's excitement towards a game means more than the game itself.

Yeah, people really overboard with stating the difficulty.
After the release of TTT2, I literally saw people's perception of Tekken change from "it's an easy, button masher friendly game" to "it's too difficult to learn."

lupinko

This isn't a VF thread but I don't post in it. I thought it was just my area that didn't have Final Showdown. I went to a huge Sega Gigo at Ikebukuro and the only Sega fighting games I see are the multi game ones that only have guilty gear, doa and anime.

GrayFoxPL

Maybe.

TTT2 |OT3| - Join The Knuckleheads

Idk I have nothing.

Nah people will play the game for fun and our T5/6 strats (not mine, I'm a TTT2 player :p) won't hinder their enjoyment. Akuma will help the game feel fresh and it will automatically attract people and SF fans in particular. Not pros, mind you, but the casual Street Fighter player who's goal is not to be high level in either of the games.

Buddy, You must not get much of hatemail lately. Don't underestimate the saltiness of fg players.

They wont handle Tekken.

SF players is the biggest fg crowd out there. If they jump in and get murdered mercilessly, and they will, their profound whining will be heard all over the "town". Sites like Shoryuken or Eventhubs will quote those clowns shitting on Tekken and crying how Akuma sucks or was a trap.

It won't do us any good.

I'm saying, shit is gonna hit the fan my compadres. ;)

Shin Kamiya needs to be the next character reveal. ;)

Considering all the shitty new characters he'd fit right in!

Rajang

:/

I like Claudio, Katarina, Kazumi, and Shaheen.

Josie and Chloe are the meh characters.

Still having 4 good characters is an accomplishment.

Devil Kazumi still needs a good design.

Of the new characters, Kazumi is definitely my favorite. Shaheen looks great and I even like Lucky Chloe (dont kill me). I think she is adorable except for her outfit. I hope she has an alt costume that makes her look more.. normal.

"Luckyyyyy!" // "One! Two!" // "Here we go! .. C - H - L - O - E... LUCKY!" // "Seeee you next time! Byyyyeeee!"

:D lol

Claudio looks okay to me but doesnt really look like a Tekken character. Katarina is my least favorite though, she looks very generic.

And Josie killed my boy Bruce. ಥ╭╮ಥ

Yeah, people really overboard with stating the difficulty.
After the release of TTT2, I literally saw people's perception of Tekken change from "it's an easy, button masher friendly game" to "it's too difficult to learn."

Yep that kind of attitude is what made me not like Aris. He would go around telling people NOT to try and play Tekken cause it's "too hard" & "it takes 2 Tekken games before you get good at Tekken". Saying stupid stuff like that scares away potential players & it infuriated me in 2012 when that was going on.

Also when disussioning commentary I am discussing it in terms,of growing the competitive community & Tekken as an enjoyable product to watch.

You know I'm gonna say Bloodhawk sucks because he does. Guy has no sense of timing, no idea how to commenrate a match. He spends his time throwing out frame data numbers & talking about about things players didn't do. He doesn't break the game down into an easy digestable way & he is an ass play by play & hype man. He needs to get off the mic & stay off.

Also it would be very helpful if one of these commentators could emerge from NYC so that weeklies there can enjoy solid commentating to help build an audience. Personally I think Renikon really has a personality that if molded correctly can be great on the mic. I would really like him to get more time up there.

Sayah

Of the new characters, Kazumi is definitely my favorite. Shaheen looks great and I even like Lucky Chloe (dont kill me). I think she is adorable except for her outfit. I hope she has an alt costume that makes her look more.. normal.

"Luckyyyyy!" // "One! Two!" // "Here we go! .. C - H - L - O - E... LUCKY!" // "Seeee you next time! Byyyyeeee!"

:D lol

Claudio looks okay to me but doesnt really look like a Tekken character. Katarina is my least favorite though, she looks very generic.

And Josie killed my boy Bruce. ಥ╭╮ಥ

I have a love-hate relationship with Chloe. Sometimes, I really hate her and sometimes not. My thoughts range from "Who counts numbers like an idiot while fighting" to "wow, how cute."

Yep that kind of attitude is what made me not like Aris. He would go around telling people NOT to try and play Tekken cause it's "too hard" & "it takes 2 Tekken games before you get good at Tekken". Saying stupid stuff like that scares away potential players & it infuriated me in 2012 when that was going on.

Also when disussioning commentary I am discussing it in terms,of growing the competitive community & Tekken as an enjoyable product to watch.

You know I'm gonna say Bloodhawk sucks because he does. Guy has no sense of timing, no idea how to commenrate a match. He spends his time throwing out frame data numbers & talking about about things players didn't do. He doesn't break the game down into an easy digestable way & he is an ass play by play & hype man. He needs to get off the mic & stay off.

Also it would be very helpful if one of these commentators could emerge from NYC so that weeklies there can enjoy solid commentating to help build an audience. Personally I think Renikon really has a personality that if molded correctly can be great on the mic. I would really like him to get more time up there.

Or maybe I could be the NYC commentator. Everyone that has insomnia would really appreciate me. :D

Tekken |OT| Fated for the Arcades

Tekken |OT| Iron Anticipation

Tekken |OT| Akuma Matata (a shortened version of Degen's)

I like this simplicity as well.

Ran into a guy in Twitch chat a few days ago who was interested in Tekken 7 and wanted to pick up a Tekken game to play now and learn before it comes out, but he was convinced not to buy TTT2 because Aris said it was crap. We had to convince him otherwise haha. It's sad that these things happen.

AAK

So I played around 20-25 games against AV2k earlier. This is pretty much how it felt as it was going down:

tumblr_nx7fya1p511shff2jo1_250.gif

tumblr_nx5g6nSeVe1s9aisro2_500.gif

The only other time I've ever felt this helpless when fighting someone was when I got to be in a room against KodeeVu. AV really is in another league. Even when I am fortunate enough to get sets online against other buff ranked guys like JoeyFury, Mak, or Cuddle, I can still get to play and impose my game in some way on my opponent. Against AV it feels like he's in another dimension where time is skewed because the second I flinch I get electriced. His execution is insane too. He was consistently getting multiple EWGF's off of DJin's can-can's. That's ridiculously hard to do. GGs man.

This isn't a VF thread but I don't post in it. I thought it was just my area that didn't have Final Showdown. I went to a huge Sega Gigo at Ikebukuro and the only Sega fighting games I see are the multi game ones that only have guilty gear, doa and anime.

Sad to see the series die like this, What was the one 3D franchise to rival Tekken is now history :(

But there was no commentary, just a hype man on the mic. Commentary came with the introduction of streaming. But specifically about moment #37, it was the game of Street Fighter that was publicized IMO along with the competitive nature of fighting games and how they are one of the pinnacles of skill within the video gaming medium rather than the crowd+commotion. It was so much more of the parry gameplay system, the beautiful sprite work, and the masterful sound effects all coming together to make the moment as incredible to behold as we all saw. That same reaction is what people got when they first witnessed Tekken 3/Tag. Seeing the game display the fighting video game in a way that they never previously through possible is what draws the vast majority of people into software like Tekken, Street Fighter, MK, etc. The game needs a level of presentation to make people salivate & say "I wanna play this". In third strikes' case, the way the parry system was implemented and presented let everyone watching think "I wanna try this game" throughout moment #37. In the end, it's the game that will create these moments, the commentator can only do so much.

We all know the "revived the FGC" comments mean nothing. FGC was always alive just not in the magnitude it is today. For all the talk about SFIV's performance, MK9 and MKX destroy it.

Y

If that's one of your main criteria than I don't know why you'd classify Sp00ky as the best Tekken commentator. All he does is call the play by plays. He doesn't explain the meta-game in a way for the public to understand at all. If you want someone like that then you need someone with knowledge. That's where bloodhawk definitely excels. He could work on it definitely, but he's done a better job of explaining in-depth situations than anyone else I've heard. It's the same things in other communities. Historically the best individuals to propagate the in depth mechanics in a digestible way are other top high-level knowledgeable players. For example, you have DacidBro and Xie for Xrd, Ryan Hunter for GGXrd, JuiceBox for KOF, etc. And if you want to talk about the best play-by-play or hype man specifically, then Turkeasy wins that free when it comes to Tekken.

But real talk, if I was to combine those 3 criteria to see which commentator handles all 3 (explaining meta-game/play-by-play/hype) it would have to be ShadowForce from the UK.

What would you say my commentary needs to be good? I honestly can barely stand to hear myself talk, but I do enjoy commentating. Makes it a hard skill to improve
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAYYe_GHgX6BopwnsIe6Omsfx7jFXaCuu

In the end, I think what's most important is for you to feel you've enjoyed and done a great job commentating. Every person is unique with what they want out of someone's commentary. I think everyone should have their own style and self-critique their work to make sure everything was propagated in the way they intended. Kind of like how UltraDavid critiques his own commentary to make the output something he ideally envisions. That's the way to go IMO. Forget what I or anybody else thinks. All that matters is what you believe the best commentary practice is and see if your work meets that maxim.

Ran into a guy in Twitch chat a few days ago who was interested in Tekken 7 and wanted to pick up a Tekken game to play now and learn before it comes out, but he was convinced not to buy TTT2 because Aris said it was crap. We had to convince him otherwise haha. It's sad that these things happen.

That's less on Aris and more on the person not experiencing it himself or knowing why Aris doesn't like TTT2.

If he had context like "Aris prefers T6 over TTT2" then that opinion shouldn't scare him off, instead it would make T7 more attractive. That's what happens when you get opinions without explanations.

So I played around 20-25 games against AV2k earlier. This is pretty much how it felt as it was going down:

The only other time I've ever felt this helpless when fighting someone was when I got to be in a room against KodeeVu. AV really is in another league. Even when I am fortunate enough to get sets online against other buff ranked guys like JoeyFury, Mak, or Cuddle, I can still get to play and impose my game in some way on my opponent. Against AV it feels like he's in another dimension where time is skewed because the second I flinch I get electriced. His execution is insane too. He was consistently getting multiple EWGF's off of DJin's can-can's. That's ridiculously hard to do. GGs man.

I played AV last year and lost 10-0...and only won one round, in the final game lol. BUT THAT'S PROGRESS RIGHT????

Had to do some soul searching after that set though....

Sayah

I'll probably play against av2k tonight when I get home.

Totally gonna use my rust with TTT2 as an excuse if I lose miserably. :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom