• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tekken uses PSN servers and they have changed their Port Forwarding since the Grinch stole Next-Gen. I haven't tested TR, but myself and Tech haven't run into any problems at all anymore in TTT2 since changing ports. Runs beautifully as far as I can tell. Don't be lazy, learn a bit of super basic networking and save us the lag induced headaches.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/

Oh and BTW

Fingers To Fight TTT2 Online Tournament 5
Results
1st. ITGFabo
2nd. EA_Sanada
3rd. MaK_NiFiCenT
3rd. Luisminjarez1987
5th. da_closer
5th. SonicZangetsu
5th. Tech_Romancer
5th. _devastator_
http://challonge.com/8ttajw2n

Still getting numbers to the online events I host. This week was crazy and intense, players winning matches with time by 1% health. Hope to see you guys next Thursday.

DEATH™

Just stopping by real quick to say...

Remember AK's 2P outfit? it's not a "flame" but a Japanese letter of some sorts...

And it is available as a decal in TTT2 (category 7, the third one)...

Your welcome...

TTT2 still keeps on giving...

DEATH™;151018664 said:
If that's the case, I fully understand. 2P costumes never see the light of day because of customizations, even the defaults are rarely used.

As much as people complain about defaults, I can see why Tekken Team is going this way. As long as the customization is good, then I'm in.

The option should be there imo and the customs in Tag 2 left much to be desired.
I hope the gloves don't come attached to a shirt this time around.

We should be getting something on the 14th
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=130774
New build.

DEATH™

The option should be there imo and the customs in Tag 2 left much to be desired.
I hope the gloves don't come attached to a shirt this time around.

We should be getting something on the 14th
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=130774
New build.

Well, here's the thing... You really do have to consider the limits of your technology. Its been said countless times before that the sacrifice of customizations is made for performance. If you look at Tekken 6, which have horrible netcode, each customization parts have their own mesh cblockscompared to TTT2. Since they are separate mesh/models, you can easily swap them in T6, but to move them in a fluid way you have to rig those models more accurate by putting more "bones" for each joints, and that takes up too much info/processing especially when animating, which is not only a bigger headache for the animators but also for coders who want to make everything as efficient as possible for respensive 60fps game running online.

We are not even talking about art direction and budget/schedule limitations yet.

In the end, it will all boil down to customizations. Imo TTT2 Decals is a stroke of genius but underutilized because the potential isn't as transparent/aapparent/worthy enough, but even with that, I think if TTT2 have way more varied character specific base models, all of the flak against TTT2 customs will be gone...

Yeah. It's not that hard to make coherent stories up. Right now Non-Mishima-Character = full retard.

They just messed it up after T4. They hired actual tv writer to help but he wasn't a huge fish so I doubt he wanted billions of yens for his work. He was enough for T4 stories to be well written.

But no "some genius" decided, Tekken story should be written during drunk karaoke nights.

"Guys, Devil Ganryu! Write that kuso down!"

"Oh shit I got it! In T6 Jin will start World War III because he hears a voice of giant chicken in his head! He'll be basically Hitler 2 but sexy!"

"We'll make a Leo a boy that is actually girl that looks like a girly boy! And we tell nobody!"

"Ok, but what has that to do with her story, about her mother, g corporation etc.?"

"Nothing. I just made it up after drinking the blue stuff!"

Some years later*:

"....So one day instead of beef, Kazuya chooses cornflakes for breakfast, right? He looks at the box and notices it's the same brand his mom used to give him all those years ago. All the memories start pouring in! Emotions! "Mom why?" Teary eyes! Rage! He now hates Heihachi like 7.5 times more then he did in every other Tekken! This will is the base of Tekken 7 story!"

"Wait. What about Tekken 6, WWW III, Ancient Chicken God, the World supposed be in ruins now and Jin is maybe dead, maybe not. Who rules Mishima Zaibatsu? What about that?!"

"Ah. That. Forget about it. Too much of the blue stuff. Those were the dark times."

"oh"

"Yeah. Anyway, now for new characters. I will give you 2 words but you will say nothing! I will read reactions from your expressions, okay? I will now instantly what you think."

"Okay..."

"Exorcist!"

"..."

"Idolmaster!"

"..."

"So you love it! I knew it! Done!"

"Boss...We beg you..."

"Hiroshi! Pour some more of that red stuff, I'm getting dry!"

LOL!!!!!! Your posts are always so entertaining.

No 2P outfits? What? Yeah, they were questionable in TTT2, but they were there at least. Ok, I really hope the customization is good and in depth in Tekken 7 then. Hopefully, it will at least be on par with Tekken 6. Hey, we got next generation power, so I'll try to be optimistic about it.

Uh oh............You want those alternative outfits we removed? We'll fix them.
Expensive DLC, pay up fools!!!!

Doomshine

I'm no developer but I think the reason TTT2 has worse customization than 6 has to do with the amount of characters on screen. SCV had pretty deep customization and a good netcode too.

Degen

I'd counter that idea with T6's online Scenario Campaign, where you had waves of enemies and HAD to customize your characters, but I could never get that mode to work

Maybe that's exactly why it didn't work

GrayFoxPL

^ I kind of think it happened exactly like that... ^

Would have loved to see what WTF was like. Got this game way too late. If there's going to be something similar in T7 (I doubt it) we'll have to form a TekkenGAF team.

LOLOLOLOLOL

This was a hilarious read.

Lost it @ "Boss.... We beg you......"

LOL!!!!!! Your posts are always so entertaining.

No 2P outfits? What? Yeah, they were questionable in TTT2, but they were there at least. Ok, I really hope the customization is good and in depth in Tekken 7 then. Hopefully, it will at least be on par with Tekken 6. Hey, we got next generation power, so I'll try to be optimistic about it.

Uh oh............You want those alternative outfits we removed? We'll fix them.
Expensive DLC, pay up fools!!!!

Lol thank you guys.

What is this about no 2p costumes? They can't be serious, right?

Up until Tag2 2p costumes were as important as 1p.

Wait, something doesn't make sense. Does it mean Kazuya's trench coat is his 1p costume and the only one? Then why he wears his standard karate pants and gloves in promotional artworks?

Something smells.

Could it be possible they've taken money from T7 budget for other projects?

This isn't going well. "Tekken 4 The Poor 7"?

AAK

I'm no developer but I think the reason TTT2 has worse customization than 6 has to do with the amount of characters on screen. SCV had pretty deep customization and a good netcode too.

Tekken 7 so far has as putrid customs as TTT2:

ZNUzlAc862qduc3nwUy6jfwBuLd27hgVkjVIR23jmE_thumb.jpg

ZNUzlAc862qduc3nwUy6s4WzugVcDGciey5aPzyx4s_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pAteo4uM8U9Zq4TNLLD2cU_thumb.jpg

RR7pJqnWSwi8aJcS0LrypsjZyflutyPLsDEKlBqsMrA_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pMxgkK1IjDQkG6EMPqcvBs_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pLYbIR8WazANbdVty2KrySc_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pJHljmYkitbQ2T0472wzmFA_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pOwYZ17lkb4zitoMxl8Hua4_thumb.jpg

ZNUzlAc862qduc3nwUy6gXn8R89jynOfy8L7YdtkMw_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pD8zUtd7i7HOdNhFgtzevTo_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pJ_ImlQKaWTIlyRJC98fSA_thumb.jpg

fLJ7zZguXTjv_AyQmdh2pKuxKEDXISr7EEEV3LmgSw_thumb.jpg

Just bullshit accessories that make the game look more and more stupid. And the trailer had just random joke outfits (fairy tale Asuka/Xioayu or Pirate Leo) completely unlike the previous 2P outfits in the series that were part of the character's design (King being a Church Missionary, Raven having a Ninjutsu or an Agent outfit, etc.)

Anyways, like I've been saying earlier my expectation of the final game is exactly what they showed at the location tests and nothing more. Hence why this news confirmation doesn't hurt as much as it could have.

TTT2 customization was basically non-existent to me, because they made Xiao have to use Miharu's customs. So any top gives Xiao a 3x breast size increase in TTT2. I suppose it isn't as bad as Soul Calibur 5 with most clothes floating on small characters. Such things that I have seen modders fix in a day and companies just approve that laziness for release.

The saving grace in all of this would be a Tekken 7 PC release. Modders would save the day.

GrayFoxPL

TTT2 customization was basically non-existent to me, because they made Xiao have to use Miharu's customs. So any top gives Xiao a 3x breast size increase in TTT2. I suppose it isn't as bad as Soul Calibur 5 with most clothes floating on small characters. Such things that I have seen modders fix in a day and companies just approve that laziness for release.

The saving grace in all of this would be a Tekken 7 PC release. Modders would save the day.

One of the reasons I doubt they are even considering Tekken 7 PC.

Not only fighting game companies don't want nude mods which is the first thing that pops up but also companies like Tecmo make all their money on paid dlc costumes in DOA.

sasuke_91

Not only fighting game companies don't want nude mods which is the first thing that pops up but also companies like Tecmo make all their money on paid dlc costumes in DOA.
That thread was the first thing I had to think of.
I would even consider double dipping and getting T7 for PC too if it had some interesting mods... assuming I got a decent PC by then.

AAK thats more T6 customs than TTT2. That stuff looks like it actually fits the characters instead of the generic stuff they got in TTT2.

I get you dislike customization but its not that serious. its not like the customization completely taken over the game like it has with SC.

Pachimari

I don't like Dragunov's, Law's, Xiaoyu's, Asuka, Lars' and Heihachi's customization's there. I hate it when stuff are just magically attached to their bodies, or covering up their whole bodies, or even when it's silly like having a Kuma hat on your head. Just ridiculous.

I do love customization and options, but they I don't want the silly ones. I don't want the auras and all that as well.

AAK

AAK thats more T6 customs than TTT2. That stuff looks like it actually fits the characters instead of the generic stuff they got in TTT2.

I get you dislike customization but its not that serious. its not like the customization completely taken over the game like it has with SC.

By T6 I was talking more about how the overwhelming majority (like 90%) of all the customs were permutations of ACTUAL attires. Like for example paul:

iRdBv163oHeJS.jpg

The customization options they showed were actual changes of their attire designed uniquely for the character. Yes he had the crazy 10ft long afro accessory but it was the only accessory he had access to. In TTT2 99% of everything the characters received were these wacky accessories pasted on people's back/hips. And from what they've shown so far with these dumb hats, da vinci wings, 6 ft mallets, it's the same mentality.

I guess it doesn't matter since it affects gameplay but it's sad to see a series that was so rich in art fall to this.

And just because Soul Calibur has something worse I don't understand why we should settle for "it's not as bad as Soul Calibur". But of coarse the other extreme was Dead or Alive where every character got every single fetish costume for them where at this point none of them have any personality and are just dolls to put whatever you want to pay for on top of them.

Read a bit and this http://youtu.be/SRyUpR4qOxU video should be sent to Harada's twitter then to save Tekken from the same mess. Harada talks about getting no days off. Put Tekken on steam and the steam workshop, and let fans work on it.

"they are going to extract your game content anyway so you might as well help them out"
http://xnalara-customized.deviantart.com/art/Jin-Tekken-4-SweatSuit-XPS-Mod-510062940

AAK

Aw damn, you lost to Saeng. Which characters did that guy use?

EDIT: Dang, went 2-2 :( How did those matches go?

Dereck

LOL, appearantly Saeng beat KOR at Evo. I lost because I am an online player. I was laughing at myself while I was losing because I knew why I was losing. It wasn't even throws, because I broke a lot of them, I got outplayed.

sasuke_91

"Soon" could mean anything :/
I don't think we'll get a release date in March when the Arcade version officially releases. Maybe E3?

Aw damn, you lost to Saeng. Which characters did that guy use?

EDIT: Dang, went 2-2 :( How did those matches go?

boutdown was at a tournament again? Damn, I missed it.

People say that rank is not important and that one shouldn't mind too much, but if you get demoted from Berserker to Grand Master in two days and couldn't promote to Brawler again after losing 5 promotion chances, you know something is seriously wrong o.o

AAK

LOL, appearantly Saeng beat KOR at Evo. I lost because I am an online player. I was laughing at myself while I was losing because I knew why I was losing. It wasn't even throws, because I broke a lot of them, I got outplayed.

What was the score, also how did the match against heartless go?

AAK

I guess I can play for a little bit right now.

I'll play a variety of characters so you get as much experience as possible. But Manny is by far Tekken GAF's diagnostic expert. :p

Dereck

What was the score, also how did the match against heartless go?
I dashed in a lot and then got hopkicked, I ducked at the wall, dropped combos, and just laughed the whole time. At a certain point I realized the skill gap between other players and I submitted.

I was talking to heartless and he said "I only play this game in tournaments".

Saeng used Julia/Devil Jin and then told me that's his "fuckaround" team, I had a better experience standing on the sidelines and watching. Saeng murdered everyone BTW

AAK

GGs Mike,9p, and devastator!

And Mike, the major thing is that your feet are wide open. There were so many times when you had the lead and I had to be on the offense and it was too easy for me to start chipping away at your legs and stay at advantage. I was rarely worried because I knew I always had that to rely on.

Second thing, throw a lot more. Need to keep me on edge.

Third thing, I like the setups you have with Baek, where if you're anticipating a low you have u/f+2 from FLA, if they do a high, you go to d+3. But you didn't do enough of the b+1 auto-sidestep from FLA when you were at disadvantage. It's a huge buff in this game being safe so I encourage you to use it more. I got some hopkicks on you during FLA probably because of that.

I've never really played Lee so I'm not sure what I can say about that character. But there was that one move from hitman stance where you leap forward and do a downard kick that hits mid. I could have sworn that kick was punishable but it never worked. If it is indeed safe then abuse the heck out of it!

And as always for anyone going to a tournament you can't practice movement and throwbreaking enough ;)

I dashed in a lot and then got hopkicked, I ducked at the wall, dropped combos, and just laughed the whole time. At a certain point I realized the skill gap between other players and I submitted.

I was talking to heartless and he said "I only play this game in tournaments".

Saeng used Julia/Devil Jin and then told me that's his "fuckaround" team, I had a better experience standing on the sidelines and watching. Saeng murdered everyone BTW

That's almost exactly how I feel whenever I end up fighting Rami or Mohamed in the Canadian tournaments :(

GGs Mike,9p, and devastator!

And Mike, the major thing is that your feet are wide open. There were so many times when you had the lead and I had to be on the offense and it was too easy for me to start chipping away at your legs and stay at advantage. I was rarely worried because I knew I always had that to rely on.

Second thing, throw a lot more. Need to keep me on edge.

Third thing, I like the setups you have with Baek, where if you're anticipating a low you have u/f+2 from FLA, if they do a high, you go to d+3. But you didn't do enough of the b+1 auto-sidestep from FLA when you were at disadvantage. It's a huge buff in this game being safe so I encourage you to use it more. I got some hopkicks on you during FLA probably because of that.

I've never really played Lee so I'm not sure what I can say about that character. But there was that one move from hitman stance where you leap forward and do a downard kick that hits mid. I could have sworn that kick was punishable but it never worked. If it is indeed safe then abuse the heck out of it!

And as always for anyone going to a tournament you can't practice movement and throwbreaking enough ;)

You know besides me taking lows because I was frustrated at my execution at times. It's a bad habit I picked up from watching Fab play in T6 and not really realizing that ducking isn't so bad in TTT2.

I tend not to use b+1 much due to its range and I already have a whiffing problem as is. Once I get to grips with that I'll probably use it more.

As for Lee's hms u/f+4 it's at least -10 I thought.

Dereck

That's almost exactly how I feel whenever I end up fighting Rami or Mohamed in the Canadian tournaments :(
Competitive Tekken might not be for me. I might have just Speedkicks myself because of this tournament.

I played Saeng in casuals man, this dude was fucking me up with double Jacks, the reason was, like NYC Fab said, whenever he got close to me I pressed a button.

Competitive Tekken might not be for me. I might have just Speedkicks myself because of this tournament.

I played Saeng in casuals man, this dude was fucking me up with double Jacks, the reason was, like NYC Fab said, whenever he got close to me I pressed a button.

Bit of stretch dontcha think?

sasuke_91

I can never seem to react quickly enough to break a throw. Kind of frustrating.
Comes from experience. You can go into practice mode and practice throw breaking a little bit.
For me the problem is not reacting to a throw but seeing which hand comes first. I can see 1+2 throws, but I can't press 1+2 for some reason. I have to press R2 which I have set to 1+2, but playing claw style makes this extremely hard :p
I can't really distinguish between 1 and 2 throws, but it gets better.

boutdown, stop being so negative! You're a great player and it would be a shame for you to not compete in tournaments.

Manbig

I'll be there in a sec. I never get to play Manny though

If you wanna play me, try to hit me up here. So long as I catch the post in time, I'll probably be down to play. Just know that I am extremely handicapped right now, because I'm trying to force myself to learn K-Stick.

sasuke_91

Hmm... any maintenance announced for today? Everything works except for Tekken Online, so I guess that's Namco's fault instead of PSN for a change.

AAK

It was the same thing when I first met OFDP playing him casuals. I think we played like 15 games and he won every single one of them. I met him again a year later and even though he won the vast majority of the time, I put up a fight and could read his gameplan multiple times. It's always a learning experience.

In the end though, I still compete because I really enjoy playing Tekken and tournaments are like one huge gather I save a bunch of money for to travel to whenever I get the chance. Competing within the tournament and trying to place is the bonus for me. If someone doesn't enjoy that experience, then I guess going and competing probably isn't for them. Hope you had fun at least man.

Just take your mind off it for while, you're always going to find someone much better than you in any competitive field.

GrayFoxPL

You know besides me taking lows because I was frustrated at my execution at times. It's a bad habit I picked up from watching Fab play in T6 and not really realizing that ducking isn't so bad in TTT2.

I tend not to use b+1 much due to its range and I already have a whiffing problem as is. Once I get to grips with that I'll probably use it more.

As for Lee's hms u/f+4 it's at least -10 I thought.

hms uf+4 is totally safe and abusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom