• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

You know, the most annoying thing about trying to transition into playing on stick is those times where I get f inputs when trying to press a diagonal inputs. This typically leads to me missing a whiff punishment, dropping a juggle so bad that the opponent can tech and punish me for it, or getting 1 low damage hit instead of a wallsplat/launch.

I also miss a lot of QCF/QCB inputs in clutch situations.

Very obnoxious stuff.

sasuke_91

Is switching to stick worth it?

Good games Doomshine and Numbatista. Tosin's connection sucks for some reason, but it was a cool session. A shame GrayFoxPL wasn't Online.

DEATH™

200_s.gif

Numb

Good games Doomshine and Numbatista. Tosin's connection sucks for some reason, but it was a cool session. A shame GrayFoxPL wasn't Online.

I cant play 3D fighters with stick but i cant play Ultra without it.

GGs man. Playing with you guys is a learning experience since none of you have a weak defence. Doom has such a patient playstyle that all his damage seemed like it was coming from whiff punishing me.

GrayFoxPL

Setnomessej interviews Pepperbeef2spicy the Law/Lei player, the link I'm posting jumps through the video, where Jesse talks about his time being a bug finder at Namco for Tag 2.

http://www.twitch.tv/setnomessej/b/622325145?t=58m20s

Interesting. I gotta watch the whole thing.

I played whole day. Didn't play for quite long, just wanted to not forget everything. But I felt bad so I was just screwing around with Bryan-Bruce doing terrible, demoted Bruce to mentor, lol. Didn't even care. Not feeling too great physically lately. And yeah Tosin's connection was terrible last I played him.

Also I don't know how to play Bryan properly. I'm so impressed when people play him effectively but I can't replicate any of it. It's like everything gets blocked: "I'm out of ideas". There's taunt but yeah kinda hard to rely on taunt to do everything, feels like a chore. Bryan doesn't have this "asshole-thing" rest of the characters have that let's him do whatever he wants at some point during fight. Cyborg gotta work hard. Unless you are Knee.

So yeah, very impressed by Pro Bryan's out there. I just snake edge like a bitch :p.

Numb

Interesting. I gotta watch the whole thing.

I played whole day. Didn't play for quite long, just wanted to not forget everything. But I felt bad so I was just screwing around with Bryan-Bruce doing terrible, demoted Bruce to mentor, lol. Didn't even care. Not feeling too great physically lately. And yeah Tosin's connection was terrible last I played him.

Also I don't know how to play Bryan properly. I'm so impressed when people play him effectively but I can't replicate any of it. It's like everything gets blocked: "I'm out of ideas". There's taunt but yeah kinda hard to rely on taunt to do everything, feels like a chore. Bryan doesn't have this "asshole-thing" rest of the characters have that let's him do whatever he wants at some point during fight. Cyborg gotta work hard. Unless you are Knee.

So yeah, very impressed by Pro Bryan's out there. I just snake edge like a bitch :p.

I am looking forward to Tekken 7 so i can finally learn how to play Bryan. Somehow i never played him before but he was so much fun in SFXT so i might main him in Tekken 7 unless Shaheen has a sick fighting style

GrayFoxPL

I am looking forward to Tekken 7 so i can finally learn how to play Bryan. Somehow i never played him before but he was so much fun in SFXT so i might main him in Tekken 7 unless Shaheen has a sick fighting style

You can start now and play around with him until T7. He doesn't look like he changed much, though I hoped he was gonna be a Terminator by Tekken 7. I do hope they'll add new moves and strings eventually. They could update his throws too.

More cyborgs for T7.

Numb

You can start now and play around with him until T7. He doesn't look like he changed much, though I hoped he was gonna be a Terminator by Tekken 7. I do hope they'll add new moves and strings eventually. They could update his throws too.

More cyborgs for T7.

I am really curious how the new Yoshimittsu will look like.
I will be really surprised if he is not in the game and dissapointed.

Manbig

For me, it's a matter of necessity, because I really do not like the PS4 pad. I just went the extra mile and bought a K-Stick. BDC and Wavedash are actually quite easy on both sides. It's other stuff that feels really difficult for me in regards to movement like snake dashing and SS into certain inputs.

GrayFoxPL

Wow finally good intro again!

Nice fight! Now if only Kaz had all these moves in T7. I'd just steal the motion capture data from the movie.

Only thing that still annoys me is Tekken 7 logo looking so cheap. It's done the same way as Revo and looks equally bad. Like 5 minute work in Flash.

Anyway hype electrifying!

Degen

That's cruel how they make you think they're really gonna end the Mishima drama

Why would they get my hopes up like that

Jin flies in, beats them both, beats the final boss, all three losers get salty and want revenge, no other character mattered, cue Tekken 8

sasuke_91

GGs man. Playing with you guys is a learning experience since none of you have a weak defence. Doom has such a patient playstyle that all his damage seemed like it was coming from whiff punishing me.

Yeah, Doomshine is extremely patient. I only manage to win against him when I fully concentrate and minimize my high amount of mistakes. I feel like going full YOLO on him sometimes and use something like Hwo's d+4,4. He launches me, carries me to the wall and kills me. Happens everytime.

Bryan is a very hard character. His damage is extreme though.

They'll go crazy the other way this time and it's gonna be just a guy with a stick.

"I lost my armor at cleaners."

They probably ran out of ideas. Lucky Chloe is actually Yoshimitsu without his armor. She's the only character with a P2 outfit which completely alters her fighting style. She borrows a stick from her local Nyan Nyan Store and starts to penetrate you with her Lucky Manji Style.
Her second outfit is unlocked by receiving at least 20 hate mails with the words "Spammer", "Noob" and "Fuck" from 20 different persons.

Introduction for arcade Tekken 7:

http://youtu.be/rb8Xy7ljpEc

I like it. Nice music also. Just needs Lucky Chloe somewhere in there.

Cool trailer. Hype intensifies! I want to see Shaheen so badly :D

For me, it's a matter of necessity, because I really do not like the PS4 pad. I just went the extra mile and bought a K-Stick. BDC and Wavedash are actually quite easy on both sides. It's other stuff that feels really difficult for me in regards to movement like snake dashing and SS into certain inputs.

I seem to be the only person who prefers the PS4 pad.

Manbig

It's the sharp corners on the PS4 pad that bug me, so totally something that I can find a workaround for if I absolutely need to.

GrayFoxPL

I just noticed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67yfbg4ppQo

Also does kind of speak volumes about the lack of future vision of the series if all they have to innovate can basically be done in a couple weeks worth of modding their previous game.

Yeah those modders are great. They even modded Tekken DR to include bounds and made custom animations to include Tekken 6 like new strings in Tekken DR PSP before T6 PSP was released.

That's why I bitch so much about laziness of approach to T7. Because copy pasting everything and putting ch ewhf animation as a new bound, it's not even a new animation, is lazy as hell.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean whole Tekken Team is lazy. No, I know they are very hard working people that deserve respect. I mean that the decision to go with this direction is lazy as fuck. And someone made this decision. Whenever was it Harada or new director, I blame this person. Because I truly believe ambitious members of Tekken Team had some amazing ideas how Tekken 7 should look, feel and work.

AAK

A huge amount of the VF team got laid off so I have no idea if that series will survive... and I dunno if I should rest any hope on Soul Calibur 6 to do anything substantial either.

I DESPERATELY want a new 3D fighter that's fresh.

And in other news, I was trying to watch the Shadowloo SHowdown archive:

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/v/3764352

I just had to turn it off. The customizations the PS3 had was unbearable to handle.

GrayFoxPL

A huge amount of the VF team got laid off so I have no idea if that series will survive... and I dunno if I should rest any hope on Soul Calibur 6 to do anything substantial either.

I DESPERATELY want a new 3D fighter that's fresh.

And in other news, I was trying to watch the Shadowloo SHowdown archive:

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/v/3764352

I just had to turn it off. The customizations the PS3 had was unbearable to handle.

So you don't believe in those rumors that VF6 is secretly made right now? ;)

It's funny, but Tekken really needs Virtua Fighter. They need each other to aim higher, strive better, innovate, revolutionize, be the king.

If suddenly VF6 showed up and in amazing way, then maybe Harada and the rest would wake up. This whole escapade with Street Fighter is bad for Tekken. Harada got infected with Ono-Gene and suddenly decided Tekken should take pointers from Street Fighter. Supers, armor moves, legacy costumes aka same pants for 40 years - why? It's a miracle sidestepping is still in Tekken 7 and not jump arcs.

Then he became Big Director and took so many projects that he probably can't remember exactly what is what. It's all messed up.

Tekken is like a confused fighter who's missing his biggest rival and friend and he doesn't know what to do with himself now when that friend is gone.

Edit: And yeah Korean and Japanese customs make me want to kill myself. Can't watch many hours of matches because of them. Sometimes just unbearable.

AAK

I dunno how legit this is but someone posted this on Kor's Tekken Academy:

UPLOAD ERROR FIX! (Credit to CKT | Khanshady)
If you get the upload error go on your menu and select to change your profile. It will ask you whether you want to quit the game. Quit the game BUT DO NOT LOG OUT. Select no and stay on the account you are on. You should then go back on the game to find you have won ur match or not got the DC.
THANKS KHAN!!

sasuke_91

Rip tried this tonight and it didn't work. Seems it's not fullproof.
Too bad. Why doesn't this shit get fixed already? :/

Who are those CKT guys? I see a lot of them around Online. Mostly high ranked players.

Good games yesterday Manny. I came from ranked so I played like an idiot at the beginning. Did your execution get better with the K-Stick? I remember in your FGW interview you said your execution was your weak point, but that Kaz/Jin gameplay was actually pretty damn good.

Manbig

Good games yesterday Manny. I came from ranked so I played like an idiot at the beginning. Did your execution get better with the K-Stick? I remember in your FGW interview you said your execution was your weak point, but that Kaz/Jin gameplay was actually pretty damn good.

GGs.

My execution is much worse on K-Stick at the moment. I'm still learning.

What I meant by bad execution in the spotlight is the kind of stuff that you wouldn't know from playing against me. The kind of input mistakes that I make is the kind of stuff that gets me hit in situations where I usually wouldn't. To you, it would just look like you hit me with something random, or you thought you made a good read when it was just me messing up a sidestep, or a backdash.

This is why I just kept it super simple in the end and just stood around waiting for openings.

Fraeon

I think after Soul Calibur V (I think the last similar burn was with Tekken 4) Namco got kind of scared of making bigger changes to their other games. Which is kind of a shame because I'd have gladly double dipped for a GOTY version of TTT2 on the PS4 while Tekken 7 could've been something completely different.

Been trying some King lately and I'm having really fun pairing him with Lili. Might also be that I get to use multi throws for this first week during offline matches before guys shut those down.

What? Multithrows are fun.

sasuke_91

GGs.

My execution is much worse on K-Stick at the moment. I'm still learning.

What I meant by bad execution in the spotlight is the kind of stuff that you wouldn't know from playing against me. The kind of input mistakes that I make is the kind of stuff that gets me hit in situations where I usually wouldn't. To you, it would just look like you hit me with something random, or you thought you made a good read when it was just me messing up a sidestep, or a backdash.

This is why I just kept it super simple in the end and just stood around waiting for openings.

Yeah I noticed. You kept spacing out and turtling at the end, which made me kind of nervous^^

Been trying some King lately and I'm having really fun pairing him with Lili. Might also be that I get to use multi throws for this first week during offline matches before guys shut those down.

King without multi throws is like Eddy without lows.

I think after Soul Calibur V (I think the last similar burn was with Tekken 4) Namco got kind of scared of making bigger changes to their other games. Which is kind of a shame because I'd have gladly double dipped for a GOTY version of TTT2 on the PS4 while Tekken 7 could've been something completely different.

SCV's issues were that the newer characters were straight copy and paste and pretty much anime stereotypes. Three slots for random characters. Did not cater to the casual side of things. And then on the hardcore side of things (and mostly imo) the main balance patch for the game made it worst. That and it obviously didn't have the needed amount of development time.

AAK

To anyone that reads Hajime No Ippo... Dat Triple Sonic Fang by Mashiba in the latest chapter!

King definitely does look super fun. The fact that he's the only character with a relatively unique super I'm considering moving to him for T7 unless some time release or brand new character wows me.

SCV's issues were that the newer characters were straight copy and paste and pretty much anime stereotypes. Three slots for random characters. Did not cater to the casual side of things. And then on the hardcore side of things (and mostly imo) the main balance patch for the game made it worst. That and it obviously didn't have the needed amount of development time.

They need to seriously retcon V in a major way. They could at least bring back Setsuka and Talim as they did not get proper replacements/none at all.

AAK

That does look pretty cool.

google Translate:

Shaheen Fighting style is unique. Mainly lever 3,3 (character right at the time: lower right 2 times) and there is a step out in one step forward from half a step by entering, in this step, lower, and throw by tackle (throwing missing I tossed the opponent by a little difficult). The trick is to master firmly assess the distance between the opponent. Please try him with all means Game Center!

The 3,3 is using the japanese notation which means d/b, d/b. So I guess that means he has a unique crouch dash, and if it's that same notation it's the same as Virtua Fighter. And if he has a unique Tackle... then maybe he could be the replacement of Marduk but we have to properly see some gameplay footage.

The fact that his armor move is f,f+4 makes me predict he'll be similar to Bryan. Those are the only two character whose armor moves are f,f notations.

GrayFoxPL

Nice info! That stage looks great, finally some life in background.

3,3 is df,df interesting that input typical to VF is used here. Maybe he's VF esque character.

Spuck-uk

Banned

google Translate:

The 3,3 is using the japanese notation which means d/b, d/b. So I guess that means he has a unique crouch dash, and if it's that same notation it's the same as Virtua Fighter. And if he has a unique Tackle... then maybe he could be the replacement of Marduk but we have to properly see some gameplay footage.

The fact that his armor move is f,f+4 makes me predict he'll be similar to Bryan. Those are the only two character whose armor moves are f,f notations.

Fengs ff+1+2 is his armour move.

To the person asking above, CKT is an online Tekken group with folks all over (mostly) Europe.

Rheon

Shaheen looks BOSS and looks just as good as his CG art.

And is it just me or do hands and feet not look freakishly gigantic anymore?

Numb

google Translate:

I am getting more and more excited for this guy.

sasuke_91

Someone in the comments said that some of his moves look like Raven's.

GUYS! There's going to be another Hessen Crash in March. No Eid this time, so I think I'll be able to go^^
I think the best player who's going to be there is Ice_Lili, an Asuka/Lili player. I think that's the team I have to concentrate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom