• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Lucky Chloe is growing on me more and more, she's so cute.

All these pics and none of Kazumi and her pet tiger? I'm disappointed.

I'm going to main the hell out of that cute, sweet, omgkillitwithfire Chloe. Then turn around and focus some X Marks the Spot or Godfists here and there. Game is starting to look good but goddamn, where's some video?

Pachimari

I really like Lucky Chloe, and don't think it's a terrible design at all. Shaheen is just sick!

I wonder if Eddy/Christie will be out though.

Manbig

I hope Chloe's rhythm based inputs are all just frames so all of the clowns saying that they are gonna pick her online to troll get their asses handed to them.

@Flying_Wonkey said:
Kazumi is the final boss in Tekken 7, her character intro pose has her entering the battle on a tiger then getting off.
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/566108845739479040
@Flying_Wonkey said:
Kazumi's pet tiger is her summon in the fight. After the intro, she can channel the pet into a projectile in the match.
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/566112872162283520
@Flying_Wonkey said:
She's just Regular Kazumi in the first round but then transforms like Unknown does in the 2nd Round.
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/566113023631179776
@Flying_Wonkey said:
Tekken 7 Kazumi has

- Mishima 1,1,2 & 1,2,2
- Tiger Summon Projectile
- Jinpachi u/f+3+4
- A move like Jinpachi's d/b+2,1
- No EWGF so far
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/566137956650340353

I posted this by mistake in another thread.

GrayFoxPL

Looks so much better. Those badass stages, lightning and colors. Only those obnoxious shots of Chloe and her praise making me facepalm. Hopefully I just didn't notice the sarcasm.

I hope Chloe's rhythm based inputs are all just frames so all of the clowns saying that they are gonna pick her online to troll get their asses handed to them.

Hear, hear. But I'm afraid such retarded charcter likely has equally retarded easy execution. Didn't Harada say she's made to apeal to young kids?

Pachimari

I don't understand the "disgust" towards Lucky Chloe. What is it that make her unattractive as a character? Is it her childish behaviour, voice and cat costume?

Because that's super nice and unique compared to the other characters.

av2k

I don't understand the "disgust" towards Lucky Chloe. What is it that make her unattractive as a character? Is her childish behaviour, voice and cat costume?

Because that's super nice and unique compared to the other characters.

I think many players aren't a fan of her because of how "fun" and "casual" she looks. Though I think the backlash wore off after the initial knee jerk reaction. Many players expect brooding characters in the Tekken series but she personally grew on me. Go Chloe! It's funny because the backlash feels the same as when Bob was introduced.

GrayFoxPL

tumblr_m6phqztrMq1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

AAK

Yeah, I see any media of her and it just still sours me each time.

I think many players aren't a fan of her because of how "fun" and "casual" she looks. Though I think the backlash wore off after the initial knee jerk reaction. Many players expect brooding characters in the Tekken series but she personally grew on me. Go Chloe! It's funny because the backlash feels the same as when Bob was introduced.

Tekken has always had characters that were fun and cheerful: Xiaoyu, Christie, Lili, Alisa, even the dumb bears. Of coarse they were always inferior designs but they were tolerable. This dumb character takes it too far. The simple fact that she's wearing a retarded cat jacket that prevents her from even clenching into a fist just puts me over the edge. Designs like that should just be easter egg palette swap side bonuses like T1 P. Jack or Roger/Alex from T2. Just seeing her love-tapping King for damage at the end of her trailer (which probably is her super) infuriates me. At least Lili, Ling, Alisa are legitimately trying to battle & strike you. And she's doing all this while simultaneously trolling you with those poses and quotes.

Making characters "Dark and Broody" was never the point at all. The main characters I play are Julia and Hwoarang and they hardly fit the emo/dark/brooding type.

Sayah

Lucky Chloe has grown on me too. >_>

LOL

This post made me laugh really hard for some reason.

Numb

Things are getting real wet and nice.
The game seems to have gotten even prettier than before.
I am glad Kazumi is carrying on the spirit of Jinpachi with some of his moves.

sasuke_91

Haha I'm one of them :p
I wouldn't have anything against a hard character with flashy moves though.

Lucky Chloe has grown on me too. >_>
I won't judge until I see her options for customization. If she doesn't look that stupid anymore I even might play her now and then.

Numb

I won't judge until I see her options for customization. If she doesn't look that stupid anymore I even might play her now and then.

I am indifferent towards her outfit except that dumb pink and white bunny crap.
This new build has skyrocketed my hype for this game.

Sayah

My interest for Chloe rose right after they announced she's gonna have rhthym based attacks. Sounds really unique and fun.

sasuke_91

Shaheen looked kind of boring, but I hope that's just the first impression. They only really showed his combos though, so I guess that's to be expected.

Good games GrayFoxPL. Sorry I had to go so suddenly. Dat comeback in the first match though.

AAK

Namco could have easily made that interesting movelist WITHOUT having to go into such extremities to make a blatant obnoxious troll.

sasuke_91

One of the reasons I don't play Miguel is that he looks way too boring to me. And Shaheen's juggles look exactly like that.

By the way, Lucky Chloe's rage art is a low. But that's so easy to block... Maybe they'll make it safe? Does a hopkick crush her rage art?

DEATH™

Why is that?

Lucky Chloe took their moves...

One of the reasons I don't play Miguel is that he looks way too boring to me. And Shaheen's juggles look exactly like that.

By the way, Lucky Chloe's rage art is a low. But that's so easy to block... Maybe they'll make it safe? Does a hopkick crush her rage art?

You cant just hopkick it since supers got invincibility. At best she dies off the raw damage of the hopkick, at worst you get hit by the move after the low crush window of the hopkick is gone...

And sorry guys, I still can't feel this game. I guess I think way too logical about the direction of the game is going, and the playerbase will stay salty about T7 just like they did in Tag 2. I want to pretend its hype but not really...

Or maybe I'm getting old lol.

Doomshine

I'm seeing more Raven than Miguel in Shaheen right now. Chloe straight up has a capo throw but the rest look kind of interesting, need to know more about the rythm stuff. I wonder if her rage art has some rythm stuff too since she seemesld to end with a punch at the end of the video.

Sayah

*looks around to make sure aak/manny/grayfox arent here.

>_>

<_<

The coast is clear.
Screw the haters. I'm on the Lucky Chloe hype train.

please don't hurt me

I will watch the videos when I get home.

AAK

Any normal person would have just got up and said "Peace out Namco, I'm going home"...

I'm just an idiotic addict that's sticking around for the abuse because I'm still hooked on dat crack :( Save me Sega AM2.... :(

GrayFoxPL

Lucky Chloe + Shaheen in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5SfQX2dzvE

Shaheen is quite.. acrobatic.

"Harada Pikachu-San"

And 60fps thanks!

Lucky Chloe Rage Art seems rhythm based too at end they did a different finisher.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She has something like Kage Maru's f,d,df+p,p,k,k. This is hilarious.
giphy.gif

Hopkick me please.
giphy.gif

Capo throw.
giphy.gif

"Military Fighting Style"

I wanna now what military uses this fighting style, I'll sing up.

That flip launcher is hilarious. Overall I like it, it's like "trick fighting".
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"Steppu"
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Shaheen looked kind of boring, but I hope that's just the first impression. They only really showed his combos though, so I guess that's to be expected.

Good games GrayFoxPL. Sorry I had to go so suddenly. Dat comeback in the first match though.

I quite like Shaheen.

GGS We didn't play for some time. I see you are way more aggressive now, nice!

GrayFoxPL

I would love to join your tournament if it's online.

I guess we aren't getting a Krav Maga fighter?

Realistic martial artist characters in Tekken seem to be thing of the past.

Karate, muay thai or mma has no chance with such ferocious styles as dancing or exorcism rituals. Warriors of next generation, gentlemen. The youth has spoken.

DEATH™

Realistic martial artist characters in Tekken seem to be thing of the past.

Karate, muay thai or mma has no chance with such ferocious styles as dancing or exorcism rituals. Warriors of next generation, gentlemen. The youth has spoken.

QFT

Its frustrating though when people who defend this say "Tekken ain't realistic in the first place". What I'm asking for is don't disregard the realistic feel completely. If this is any indication, when all the old characters get phased out in T8, we won't even recognize Tekken aesthetics wise.

GrayFoxPL

It also just hit me that this looks like Raven's f+4

I'm almost afraid to say it but I think it's Revolution Lee's df+3+4 invincible.

And that juggle ender looks suspicious. Like Lee's f+2,1 not the first hit but the ender straight looks near identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom